<mintos> I got to stop talking
Gryffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 15:57   #52
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road
Re: Wow

Yes. Such good times we had.

and its not we don't love you Gryf... 'cause we do!
But you haven't been long enough to be called away yet

*Wakes up to find Gryffin looking down at him*
*Proceeds to faint again*
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 18:02   #53
KraKto$is8
Lurker

KraKto$is8 is infamous around these parts

*nods at roadkill*
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 03:07   #54
SinistersAngel

SinistersAngel is an unknown quantity at this point

Well hello there! I'm another anciant (Most likely forgotten) oldie. Orginaly JJ.Bodel a.k.a Kaluna. Was a shifter, I havent rp'ed in YEARS. I think I might have you on my MSN roadkill... I dunno I don't talk to everybody on it anymore... At any rate, I have popped in here every once in a while to see how things were doing. Sadly I don't see my fave threads either. And the RoC seems to have changed since myself and a few others founded it eons ago. Well I just might stay a bit and say Hi to everybody and maybe even RP a bit. Although I must warn everybody that I shall be extreamly rusty... And I might be off for weeks at a time between posts, I'm moving to the UK and I shall be getting married sometime soon... So I'm a rather busy person.
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 14:31   #55
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about

lets see, old threads:

SH was discontinued
HRH has it's own forum
RfR... god knows what happened to that
OOC was replicated many times and each replica failed
Shraan is not of wide interest anymore
Bar Brawl keeps coming and going
The Academies... well, none of them survive long enough...
Kifune Sushi... actually I am unsure where that has gone
SotR is still around (due to Wo2 returning)
FotR has recently been renewed
UCA is still rated the best but does not appear anymore, replaced by a multitude of other combat arenas

All the other threads I have not mentioned yet I am generally unsure about or, as it usually goes, I cannay remember those threads.
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 14:51   #56
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

*notices Kaluna*

hi again, nice to see even more oldies reappearing. Even silver has recently posted tough indicated she isn't coming back, a shame really.

The last RfR ended after another of GG's plots to take it over when he went into some closet, a while after it disappeared tough i can't really be sure of the cause to that, someone should remake it now that we have newbies again

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 17:07   #57
SinistersAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
*notices Kaluna*

hi again, nice to see even more oldies reappearing. Even silver has recently posted tough indicated she isn't coming back, a shame really.

The last RfR ended after another of GG's plots to take it over when he went into some closet, a while after it disappeared tough i can't really be sure of the cause to that, someone should remake it now that we have newbies again

Yes, but RfR is diffrent from RoC. RoC was created as a counter part to the OoC, we made it to have battle with each other and make things more lively. And yes it was kind of a refuge for rookies, but more of a battle plan center for rookies against officers. We had lovely times crashing through the OoC, and the OoC returning the favor to us of course. I am glad to see that its lasted this long and that its taken on a life of its own. But it still isnt the RoC, its the RfR which seems to be something diffrent entirly. Ah well, rules around here seems to have changed a good bit since Ive last been here. As has the way people RP...
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 18:59   #58
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

You all need to just forget about the old threads. I'm sure they were fun at the time. However, If the creators left it's not surprising the thread they made did too. Most people don't want to recreate something that is not rightfully theirs. When they are recreated by the original creators it is often done by focusing on the origional RPers who were in it and there are too many references to past events for anyone who wasn't there to begin with to join and understand all the little details.

The threads served their purposes at the time. However, such threads like the RfR and the OOC ended for a reason if you would remember. I joined a little over 2 years ago. At that point the RfR was so overrun by oldies, most newbies like me did not ever feel welcome. Only the more determined ones who liked to get beat up stayed. If i understand correctly, that is NOT the reason it was created. GaL left the forums and GG took over and got into a war with KoL and others. If you recreate it, it must be done completely new. I read it and never could figure out anything that was going on and I wasn't alone.

The OOC had nearly ended when i joined, and was turned into a tribute to Meth. If you would remember, that is when you oldies decided to not recreate it ever again if i'm remembering posts correctly.

As for the academies, newbies are told they cannot compare to those who went through the sessions, but from what i get many of you never did. When they try to join up, it took years to get through two classes. I know classes I tried were forgotten by their teachers. Until recently there has been constant criticism about who can be what such as a psychic or an assassin. However, this was at the same time most the academies were dying and the assassin academy hadn't existed for years.

Finally there are quite a few newbies again and if we're lucky they will stay around. Guide them, don't attack them. The "glory" days are over. Please stop critizing and try to nurture what we have now. I know I'm newer in the relative age of the forums, but maybe this can give you a view of what a lot of the newer people are seeing.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 19:20   #59
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
good points, but I'd still like the academies to return, they were good fun. :gollum:

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 20:51   #60
SinistersAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsjem
You all need to just forget about the old threads. I'm sure they were fun at the time. However, If the creators left it's not surprising the thread they made did too. Most people don't want to recreate something that is not rightfully theirs. When they are recreated by the original creators it is often done by focusing on the origional RPers who were in it and there are too many references to past events for anyone who wasn't there to begin with to join and understand all the little details.

The threads served their purposes at the time. However, such threads like the RfR and the OOC ended for a reason if you would remember. I joined a little over 2 years ago. At that point the RfR was so overrun by oldies, most newbies like me did not ever feel welcome. Only the more determined ones who liked to get beat up stayed. If i understand correctly, that is NOT the reason it was created. GaL left the forums and GG took over and got into a war with KoL and others. If you recreate it, it must be done completely new. I read it and never could figure out anything that was going on and I wasn't alone.

The OOC had nearly ended when i joined, and was turned into a tribute to Meth. If you would remember, that is when you oldies decided to not recreate it ever again if i'm remembering posts correctly.

As for the academies, newbies are told they cannot compare to those who went through the sessions, but from what i get many of you never did. When they try to join up, it took years to get through two classes. I know classes I tried were forgotten by their teachers. Until recently there has been constant criticism about who can be what such as a psychic or an assassin. However, this was at the same time most the academies were dying and the assassin academy hadn't existed for years.

Finally there are quite a few newbies again and if we're lucky they will stay around. Guide them, don't attack them. The "glory" days are over. Please stop critizing and try to nurture what we have now. I know I'm newer in the relative age of the forums, but maybe this can give you a view of what a lot of the newer people are seeing.
Yes Dragonsjem you have made several good points. I was not meaning to critizing the current way rp'ing is done. I was saying it has changed since I first rp'ed, us oldies are kind of rookies once again ourselves as we need to learn some of the changes.
As for the glory days, they arent over for the newbies, these are their glory days.
Im not going to forget the old threads as I rather enjoyed them and I have a good deal of fond memories of them. Im not going to go on and on about them, have no fear of that. However if I think mentioning them might help guide and nurture the new people here I shall mention them. And I have no intention of attacking any new person here. I left before all the old threads went away, which is why I was wondering where they went...
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 21:23   #61
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

My post was not directed at you specifically. However every oldie who has returned makes a big deal about how great the old threads were and they miss them, often wondering why no one restarted them. Time passes, the boards change. I'm not saying you have to wipe your memory of threads, just appreciate what is here now cause the past is past. And the "glory" days i was refering to is what all the oldies call the first couple years. That name has been reserved to name those years.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 21:47   #62
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

I find it highly suspect to group all of the old threads into one big pile labled 'threads that are obsolete and highly elitist'. People can create whatever kind of thread they damn well please as far as I'm concerned. Noone has the right to say what kind of threads should and should not be produced.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 14:47   #63
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about

Well, as far as academies are concerned, I have been trying my sincere hardest to try and keep them running. Most of the course are 1 or 2 week course anyways, most of which are fun to do and a great way to develop an explanitory way of psychic RP.

Oh, and I beleive the massive ruckuss was KoL and me about many issues regarding the Psychic Rogue Academy and various other disagreements that were, hopefully by now, resolved.

I would like to see Flapjack recreate Nexus Academy, that was actually kinda fun to go to, but the Assassin Academy was dwindling after a while and it was best to leave it be at the time.
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 03:21   #64
Verric
Idiot

Verric is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi hi hi hi hi! I say hi! So hi! Whee! Um, *subdued cough* sorry, I meant....hello.
Verric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 20:01   #65
Roadkill

Roadkill is an unknown quantity at this point

what the.... 60 something replies. sheesh
Roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 08:42   #66
Verric
Idiot

Verric is an unknown quantity at this point

You can see it as a sign that -
Everyone wuvs you.

Or perhaps you shouldn't, because that could arise to all sorts of awfully embarresing situations.
Tee hee.
Verric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 02:03   #67
Kal_Zakath
Terror and Hubris

Kal_Zakath is an unknown quantity at this point

fuc[font=]k[/font]in a
Kal_Zakath is offline   Reply With Quote