User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Apr 2005, 05:10   #1
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road
well done angels

im not playing this round actively so plz dont spam me for being a PR troll for angels
(tho ill admit freely im angel-friendly in my pa view)

i just want to congratulate angels on beating back nicely after theyve been roided badly by 1up block.
I dont know if they got those roids back from 1up or did any big successful raids against any other allies,
I just think they handled being asswhipped pretty nicely and wanted to give em some credit for it.

angels history

this graph shows nicely how angels kept on fighting and gaining after the initial attacks.
their roids and avg score steadily going up in big steps.

All in all well done angels
any big battles i missed?

ps: playing allianceless and without irc is annoying:/
Lei~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 06:13   #2
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: well done angels

I think this gives a better feel

And I have to agree, good to see them bounce back and provide a challenge, it would be pretty embarrassing were Angels to collapse less than 400 or so ticks into the round... But, I'd say it shows a great improvement and change in Angels recruitment policy, as I remember how FAnG collapsed after one badly performing round and the mercenaries simply jumped ship. Or how an alliance like Phraktos fell apart after the incs started coming in, and didn't even try to bounce back.

That said, from a political PoV, I believe Angels decided to leave anti-1up-block block and hence haven't been receiving quite so many incs. According to an Angels officer and certain high profile other players I've chatted to, but my own grasp of PA politics is rather tenuous.

Nonetheless, that's a very impressive raid, and the BC deserves a cookie.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 06:16   #3
ph8
Banned

ph8 is on a distinguished road

Does that mean angels are in the anti-anti-1up-block block now?
ph8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 06:20   #4
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph8
Does that mean angels are in the anti-anti-1up-block block now?
On their own. Go Angels \o/

As much as I would like to speak for Angels HC with regards to diplomatic policy, it would be rather naughty of me to do so, so I won't. :/
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 06:36   #5
Lei~
~Gon

heh, gate, between us, i think, wed make a better PR team for angels than if they do it for themselves

not that that would be very difficult
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 11:28   #6
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

Angels is a very different concept from FAnG, been developped after round11 when we had enough of theses mercenaries.
We understood pretty fast that keeping happy 100 members who arent loyal to the alliance is drawing too much time from us while we could have concentrated in other aspects such as politics and military and defense, i caught myself having sometimes dozens of discussion with players in our alliances to resolve disputes and other thing that only distracted me and the HC team from doing our job just because some of our players were selfish and were playing for their own ranks.
I understood that leading a small and loyal core of skilled players is much more attractive and easier that leading a big alliance with profiles players. tho i cant devaluate the time when we were bigger, theses has been a good lesson for most of us, we seen both of the side in this game.
The side where you play at all mean to win and dont care about the core you have within and recruit mercenaries, and the other side where you put all your effort for people you like and want to play with.
I dont have to explain you that round12 was one of my favorite round because it'd show me what a small BG of 35 players are able to do and that even small group like us still have a say in the political arena.
I must say that i am not HC this round due to the fact i have better things to do, but i still hang out with the angels and talk to them daily, and i must say that the HC team this round are trying very hard to keep the standarts we (the founder of Angels) have been setting in Round12.
By the way to all the people who hate 1up, i must add that there been the Alliance who actually made me understand finally that small core with quality and actives players are much more effective than any big scale alliances around, for that i should thanks them for the contribution they made to the game ( im sure lot of the anti-1up blocks HC knows this but are still ashamed to really admit this in public).
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 12:45   #7
Lei~
~Gon

i love 1up for making this game interesting again, which is exactly why i could never join em, even if i were active enough and they would invite me (both highly unlikely). Because if i joined em it would again get dull.

Tho i have to say eventho they won and dominated two rounds in a row, it still seems to me that sid is still able to keep the round interesting and tempting for his members. That and not his PR gags are what makes him a great HC and i think in this aspect angels hc might do as good a job as he does. (All speculation ofc)

On the other hand angels could yet be much happier i think if they would find a new political mastermind, because alch seems sorely missed in that department.
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 12:53   #8
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

IIRC it's mazzelar who does their internal runnings, and keeps them happy?

<toot> of course at a cow
<toot> what do you think
<Tearz> I mean... like theres anythign else to do with a bazooka
Gumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 15:44   #9
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Nice to see a quality block like Angels / eX / LCH finally getting what they deserves in a military game.
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 17:03   #10
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

We(they) don't need the HC to keep us(them) happy as we(they) are all trained in being able to suck ourselves(themselves) off. And it only cost us(them) 2 ribs each !

(I'm not playing hence not 1up :/)
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 17:05   #11
Game'

Game' is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
We(they) don't need the HC to keep us(them) happy as we(they) are all trained in being able to suck ourselves(themselves) off. And it only cost us(them) 2 ribs each !

(I'm not playing hence not 1up :/)

jerome, come back to me, well play as tiny planets TOGETHER!
Game' is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 17:05   #12
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
Nice to see a quality block like Angels / eX / LCH finally getting what they deserves in a military game.
Yes cause there wasn't/isn't another block ...

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 17:07   #13
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

like to clarify exactly what you are saying furssie?? As it seems those allies mentioned, part from the fact Angels is solo, have all gained roids....
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 17:07   #14
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game'
jerome, come back to me, well play as tiny planets TOGETHER!
wintle in "hey folks I'm TINY" shocker

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 17:11   #15
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

hardly a shocker to be quite frank (

I actually do have a planet, thoroughly unravished & ignored though ((
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 17:16   #16
Game'

Game' is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
hardly a shocker to be quite frank (

I actually do have a planet, thoroughly unravished & ignored though ((
Clearly we shall buddy up next round!

Ive just started
Game' is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 17:21   #17
jerome

I only signed up yesterday, I keep forgetting to log in. Who needs block wars for excitement(!) when you have keep forgetting you even have a planet to take care of.

Edit: Actually I was thinking of playing next round actively, after exams etc. So ;)
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 21:49   #18
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

LCH are quality?
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 22:48   #19
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Yes cause there wasn't/isn't another block ...

care to explain?
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 23:49   #20
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
care to explain?
If you read what I quoted you'll understand, just pointing out that at THAT time there were 2 blocks (there still are). We're just not part of it anymore.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 00:03   #21
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That sure is a nice avatar you have there Lei...
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 01:27   #22
Lei~
~Gon

heh thx

thats me smoking a cigarette in a typical viennese way
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 01:30   #23
Lei~
~Gon

if you wanbt photos from my collection theyll soon all be uploaded at www.photocase.de.

Very nice for all graph peoples that dont know it.
Always good inspiration and loads of help if you need photos...