User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Apr 2005, 03:56   #1
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Unbalanced ships vs structures

Someone may have mentioned this before, but when you have constructions (once you have 150) costing you 140k - 150k of each resources each, and some silly group of Voracean Predator's comes along, (which cost 1500 total resources each) and take out 10 buildings, that just costed someone close to 9 mil in resources.

That's pretty friggin unbalanced imo. Can we fix this?
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 04:00   #2
ph8
Banned

ph8 is on a distinguished road
Re: Unbalanced ships vs structures

Indeed... You should build defence!

BIG ships
BIG scary ships

If that fails try my fool proof tactic - pretend to be in 1up )
ph8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 22:01   #3
Goafer LX

Goafer LX has a little shameless behaviour in the past

lol, couldn't say it better ph8

[INS]Goafer
Goafer LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 22:34   #4
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

try here for a well discussed and well thought out fix

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 00:22   #5
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAdnRisKy
try here for a well discussed and well thought out fix
No, that's not a fix to my problem, my issue is that a few ships costing less than 100k can destroy buildings worth more than 1mil.
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 03:21   #6
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
That's pretty friggin unbalanced imo. Can we fix this?
I agree, SKs are utterly unbalanced, but not for the reasons you stated. PAteam have shown no desire whatsoever to find any sort of solution, so I nerfed the hell out of SKs (compared to round 12) to make up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
No, that's not a fix to my problem, my issue is that a few ships costing less than 100k can destroy buildings worth more than 1mil.
Really? Last I checked it takes 300k worth of Voracs to kill one building. Your 101st building costs 300k resources. Your most expensive building costs just under 450k.

Last edited by Banned; 15 Apr 2005 at 04:02.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 08:52   #7
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

there are things that need fixing with structure killers - for example the way the combat engine decides which structure gets killed isn't very good in my opinion (its random).

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 12:54   #8
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
I agree, SKs are utterly unbalanced, but not for the reasons you stated. PAteam have shown no desire whatsoever to find any sort of solution, so I nerfed the hell out of SKs (compared to round 12) to make up for it.

Really? Last I checked it takes 300k worth of Voracs to kill one building. Your 101st building costs 300k resources. Your most expensive building costs just under 450k.
So why do you think this game is unbalanced then?
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 13:03   #9
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
So why do you think this game is unbalanced then?
The game as a whole is reasonably well balanced, but Structure Killers are broken because they destroy a resource that they do not cost.

Some of the points in that post are no longer (as) relevant.
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 21:36   #10
Goafer LX

Goafer LX has a little shameless behaviour in the past

i don't see the big deal with SK's tbh
yeah, it sucks gettin owned, but u should build defence for em....
onl prob is like Kal said... the way it decides wht goes it a bit crazy i ALWAYS seem to take out light factories

[INS]Goafer
Goafer LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 22:03   #11
Loz
Careless talk costs lives

Loz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura about

surely it's more annyoing when you have 150 structures and someone decides to do Havoc on you costing him about 90k resources and you 450k (though at 150 constructions I would hope you'd have enough sec centers)

SKs are fine the way they are imo, and not too difficult to defend against.
[19:13] <Keglomaniac> whats wrong with our intel?
[19:13] <bos|takeaway> its a contradiction in terms
Loz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2005, 04:54   #12
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Tbh, i think the impact of SKs will be much larger to the large planet - a planet that is typically in a major alliance and is thus more likely to be involved in an 'alliance war'. Thus, SK's are imo more important for the top echelon of alliances who are looking to kill off each other - but who also are in the best position to be defended against them.

TBH, i would really like to see SKs being prevented from launching on planets who do not have an alliance (in game). That way, new players are NOT loosing their structures to evil middle planets or small planets who do not really understand their purpose - rather sending them because they look cool :\.

Edit: is amazing how a single word can change the logic of a sentence...
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 20:37   #13
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=182728 <---- I am still counting on this idea to help things.

But yes sk have been a problem and probably always will be.
As kal once said somewere there a strategic part of the game.
I wanted rid of them at one point but realised they are useful. We just need more ways to make it for the wars and not for the bashings.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote