User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 29 Oct 2009, 02:00   #51
Pommeh
eXcessum

Pommeh is on a distinguished road
Re: How exactly are new multihunters picked?

Bastard isn't an insult either^

Quite possibly the worst player you've ever heard of!?

Yes! but you have heard of me.
Unread 29 Oct 2009, 02:08   #52
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
There's a misunderstanding here.

Saying that a person is (for example) English is a statement.
Saying that a person is (for example) a bastard is an insult.
Saying that a person is an English bastard is a statement *and* an insult.
Saying that all English people are bastards is a racist statement.
Discriminating against a person because they are English is racism.
You're a complete moron and I'd appreciate you not spouting your drivel here. If you honestly think calling someone an English bastard isn't racist you're about as poorly informed as a human being can get on the subject of racism.

Racism is a matter of context and intention. Judge called cardi a lith because he intended it as an insult, an insult based on a matter of ethnicity. That's how language works, you don't include words at random.

The lengths I am seeing the standard defenders of all that is righteous and pure and fair and just in planetarion go to defend someone in this thread, and outside of this thread as well, just because he's their friend or just because they don't like the guy who was insulted sickens me. You're hypocrites of the most appalling kind because I've no doubt you fail to even realise what you're doing due to the fact you're all such total morons to boot. **** you all.
Unread 29 Oct 2009, 09:50   #53
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

The idiocy wouldn't be so painful to behold if there wasn't already a f**king link to a document in this post, from what any rational individual would consider to be as good an authority as any, clearly defining the subject.
Unread 29 Oct 2009, 12:23   #54
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Thanks for arguing on the definition of racism children. It's interesting how evasive the subject of the thread is: the fact that Judge is or isn't racist still doesn't really answer the original question at hands at it's width. The rule enforcement in this case (above and below, referred to as MHs) has always been really, really pathetic, biased, and borderline criminal bunch. Really. I'm not even exaggerating - too much. The fact that you can face severe bias or even outright racism when dealing with multihunters is still not much.

I've been threatened, by a multihunter, to run my personal information checked over a federal US database (which was hilarious to begin with, since I'm a Finnish citizen, and there's no reason why I should appear on any US population database for that). This, considering that the game sign up and EULA don't even query the user that his information is being inserted into an accessible database, without even discussing the information to cross-refer with outside databases is highly questionable and probably illegal. Last time I checked, it didn't state why the informaton is being stored: it does serve a purpose, but who actually knows what this purpose is?

The thing is, nobody really cares anymore. It hasn't really mattered for rounds and rounds, it was the sort of a circle jerk fifteen rounds ago, and it remains so: multihunters essentially select their successors, which means they're bound to be people with affiliation to the multihunters (moreso since the active community diminishes), typically in a positive fashion. In brief, your keen friend gets to multihunt for a while, and then you may or may not get back to it. The fact that most multihunters are more or less found by a chunk of the community (anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, reference to case Judge) to be biased, racist, idiot, or corresponding, even before they're even appointed, doesn't quite support the "multihunters are hated because they enforce rules" -argument presented in a pseudo fashion in the Ace quote either (Can't post because they'll tear me in pieces for not having a valid case to stand on).

Perhaps you've had your answer in the silence already.
Unread 29 Oct 2009, 13:41   #55
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Tietäjä: the whole goddamn game is a circle jerk. Galaxies are circle jerks, alliances are circle jerks, why should the MHs be any different?!

I must say though that my experiences with the MHs are very different to yours.
I have been closed twice and both times re-opened following a swift investigation. I couldn't detect any evidence of bias or racism in the MHs dealings towards me - infact they treated me with great respect (probably because I extended the same to them even though I strongly feel that one of them was a total f**kwit).

What interests me about this particular issue is that the alleged quote is very much out of character in terms of how the MHs I have dealt with have behaved.

I dunno Tietäjä, given all the horse droppings you wrote about Cardis closure last round, I wonder if you are really the right person to be even commenting about this - I think you have a huge chip on your shoulder with regard to the MHs.
Unread 29 Oct 2009, 13:48   #56
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think you're confusing him with Wishmaster. Keizari didn't post in that thread.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 29 Oct 2009, 13:51   #57
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

I think you are right: if so, my apologies - I'm an idiot.
Unread 29 Oct 2009, 16:55   #58
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH_H_Crab View Post
infact they treated me with great respect (probably because I extended the same to them even though I strongly feel that one of them was a total f**kwit).
How your "customer" behaves shouldn't impact your judgement upon his "wrongdoing". When you're cross-referencing a shady database with an official nation's federal database, or implying you will do so, you're very deep into something that's not only unethical but also most likely illegal or violates agreements you've signed on both your civil duty and your game duty. I have no opinion or information whatsoever regarding Cardi's closures round whatever, though.
Unread 29 Oct 2009, 21:25   #59
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
You're a complete moron.
Your well reasoned arguments are a breath of fresh air.

I'm certain (note the lack of ambiguity here) that I'm *considerably* (note the lack of precision here) more intelligent, reasoning and experienced than you are and that my understanding of the English language is equal to, or exceeds, that of anyone on these forums - not that this is exactly an achievement.

Your (undeniable) knowledge of PA doesn't give you any credibility in any other area - so I'm treating this outburst of yours with the contempt it deserves. Now, take a deep breath and stick your overblown opinion of yourself where the sun doesn't shine.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
Unread 29 Oct 2009, 21:32   #60
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
I'm certain (note the lack of ambiguity here) that I'm *considerably* (note the lack of precision here) more intelligent, reasoning and experienced than you are and that my understanding of the English language is equal to, or exceeds, that of anyone on these forums - not that this is exactly an achievement.
Can I bend over for you?
Unread 29 Oct 2009, 21:39   #61
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

LOL

Only if you really want to.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
Unread 29 Oct 2009, 22:34   #62
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Jesus?

is that you?

#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Unread 29 Oct 2009, 22:45   #63
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Jesus?

is that you?
I'm no expert but I believe (pun!) Jesus spoke Hebrew, not English!

I find it humouring that someone claiming to be "far more intelligent" than any of us is spending time on an MMO. Don't you have Nobel prizes to win?
Unread 29 Oct 2009, 23:42   #64
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok, just to be clear, you're certain that you're considerably more reasoning than JBG??

If you're going to try and champion your English skills, I'd consider proof-reading the content before posting. Not only can you read the text in the text editor in which you created your post, but you can also 'preview' your post before you submit it.

Now kindly get your supercilious self off the internet, you condescending arrogant prick.
Unread 29 Oct 2009, 23:44   #65
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My view on this issue is very simple. Fundamentally, if you aren't going to offer good customer service, you shouldn't be allowed near an official or semi-official role in Planetarion. While that can excuse a casual approach to stuff (particularly if you are unpaid) it doesn't excuse a tendency of being rude or overly aggressive towards people.

Quote:
Your well reasoned arguments are a breath of fresh air.

Your (undeniable) knowledge of PA doesn't give you any credibility in any other area - so I'm treating this outburst of yours with the contempt it deserves. Now, take a deep breath and stick your overblown opinion of yourself where the sun doesn't shine.
As the moderator here, this is how I view the situation:

Calling someone a [ENTER NATIONALITY] [INSULT] can be either:

1) a statement and an insult
2) a racist insult

It depends entirely on the context of the statement and the intent / state of mind of the person saying it. Someone could very well mean it as either, regardless of whatever technicality there may or may not be and however grammatically horrific that may be to you. The nationality could be expressed in a derogatory tone or manner, thus the statement could potentially be viewed as racist. I have an open mind on the issue and take everything on a case by case basis.

Obviously, you may disagree - complaints to be sent to Cin, Appocomaster or [email protected]

Cheers.

Last edited by lokken; 29 Oct 2009 at 23:53.
Unread 30 Oct 2009, 09:49   #66
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
LOL

Only if you really want to.
It was sarcasm. You actually seem pretty dumb to me.
Unread 30 Oct 2009, 14:05   #67
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
Ok, just to be clear, you're certain that you're considerably more reasoning than JBG??

If you're going to try and champion your English skills, I'd consider proof-reading the content before posting. Not only can you read the text in the text editor in which you created your post, but you can also 'preview' your post before you submit it.

Now kindly get your supercilious self off the internet, you condescending arrogant prick.
Yes.

Try harder.

Ooooh! I've been insulted by Kenny - result!

BTW - I'm happy to accept the label of arrogant and (on accasion) supercilious but I'm rarely condescending. In fact I don't suffer fools at all.

I'm very sorry that I've upset all you good people by refusing to accept a direct insult from your god. Actually, no I'm not - so you can just lump it.
Unread 30 Oct 2009, 14:09   #68
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
Calling someone a [ENTER NATIONALITY] [INSULT] can be either:

1) a statement and an insult
2) a racist insult

It depends entirely on the context of the statement and the intent / state of mind of the person saying it.
Agreed.
Unread 30 Oct 2009, 14:10   #69
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
I find it humouring that someone claiming to be "far more intelligent" than any of us is spending time on an MMO. Don't you have Nobel prizes to win?
Just to be clear, I haven't claimed to be "far more intelligent" than any of you.
Unread 30 Oct 2009, 14:12   #70
Kafir
Retired

Kafir is infamous around these parts

Why are you all white guys so afraid of being racist? You clearly don't know how racists other races and cultures are and doesn't even shame of thinking that way. Just wondering...
Unread 30 Oct 2009, 17:38   #71
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes.

Try harder.

Ooooh! I've been insulted by Kenny - result!

BTW - I'm happy to accept the label of arrogant and (on accasion) supercilious but I'm rarely condescending. In fact I don't suffer fools at all.

I'm very sorry that I've upset all you good people by refusing to accept a direct insult from your god. Actually, no I'm not - so you can just lump it.
You're an idiot, to be honest. I was pointing out that you can't be more "reasoning" than another person. "Reasoning" is a noun which describes either a process or the evidence of a process.

I have no particular love for JBG (something that I'm sure is mutual), so don't confuse my intent with that of running to they guy's defence. In your post you claimed to be as good as, or better, at English than anyone else on the forums and then implied that this was because the other forum users (myself included) aren't up to much.

But above all you insulted everyone else whilst falling down on one of the core principles of the English language. Hypocrisy is never well received, ArcChas, especially when you decide to bring the fail.

Kind of a petty argument to drag out though, especially when we both know you cocked up.
Unread 30 Oct 2009, 18:28   #72
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

reason ~ vb.
to think logically or draw (logical conclusions) from facts or premises.
to urge or seek to persuade by reasoning.
to work out or resolve (a problem) by reasoning.

hence reasoned, reasoning.

I did warn you to try harder.
Unread 30 Oct 2009, 20:37   #73
t3k
The Video Guy

You didn't say reason, though, did you?

I don't need to try very hard to point out that one word != another. I never argued that you can't be better at reasoning, but your grammar failed. You said you are 'more reasoning', which is a non-statement. You stuck a noun in the middle of a list of adjectives supposedly describing yourself, and I don't care where the word derives from you can't do it.

Give it up already, eh?
Unread 30 Oct 2009, 20:42   #74
t3k
The Video Guy

Also, lol at your custom user tag. You'd think with a self-assessed 'adjective army' at your disposal, you'd be able to identify what an adjective is or isn't. Face it, you lose, and this argument is pointless.
Unread 30 Oct 2009, 20:50   #75
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Just to be clear, I haven't claimed to be "far more intelligent" than any of you.
You are correct, my apologies to you, sir. (:
Unread 30 Oct 2009, 22:37   #76
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm closing this thread. People clearly don't want to debate the issue at hand and quite honestly both sides of the ArcChas argument are quite boring.

Just to clear up a few issues I've picked up on this thread though:

1. if you want to get personal, that's not against the rules. However, it's not very nice to read for both the recipient and everyone else reading it.

2. I also frown upon points scoring about people being good/bad at the English language - there are people who speak English as only their second language, please be considerate to them.

3. If you are going to trade insults in an argument, please attach some actual argument to the back of it. Name calling is part of the internet and won't go away - but if we're just going to trade naked insults, you're wasting everyone's time.