User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 14:40   #1
madman2k30
Banned

madman2k30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Intel v AMD

im thinking of building a new computer so wat 1 is better AMD or Intel?
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 14:43   #2
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Intel v AMD

toast.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 14:46   #3
madman2k30
Banned

toast?
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 14:48   #4
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

AMD

edit: ps: what is this faggotry that you can't make words entirely uppercase?
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 14:49   #5
madman2k30
Banned

ok to cut to the point i have never had a Intel system cos i always here they are crap and also reffered to as the "Pentium Fireball" so intel ne good?
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 15:15   #6
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Intel

.. though in all honesty go with whichever takes your fancy. People are loyal to their processor and will stake any number of claims against the competition. Both processors are as equally flawed as each other.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 15:16   #7
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

I've personally found intel to be more reliable.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 15:47   #8
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
I've personally found intel to be more reliable.
neither are more reliable than the other.

computer faults in the past with AMD was due to the crap VIA chipsets in the motherboards. Thank god for nVidia and nForce.

PS - VIA have gotten much better now though.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 16:07   #9
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

VIA C3 > *

Buy this and build something like this!
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 16:35   #10
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

you pick the shittiest topics to talk about and then make them more shit by not posting your opinion, BOTHERING to research into google, magazines and then post here showing a lack of effort to suit your own needs

your post contained 0 good and 100 shit
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 16:40   #11
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

dont worry about androme, hes just got some sand in his vagina
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 16:55   #12
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
dont worry about androme, hes just got some sand in his vagina
you put something bizzare up there while probing
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 18:05   #13
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Both AMD and Intel processors are very reliable.

Personally I would go with AMD, as they are cheaper and the new ones produce less heat than Intel's. And the 64-bit ones will last you a good while.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 18:16   #14
madman2k30
Banned

i got an AMD64 bit system at the moment and i dont notice any change except for i cant play doom3 due to system crashes and i have and ati x800 i think it is as a graphics card
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 18:17   #15
madman2k30
Banned

i just wanna build a new system that will run it before i lose all hope and buy the xbox version
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 18:19   #16
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
you put something bizzare up there while probing
dont you mean... BIZARRO?
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 18:20   #17
madman2k30
Banned

how come every post i look at somehow always is on about someone having something stuck up there arse?
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 18:22   #18
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman2k30
how come every post i look at somehow always is on about someone having something stuck up there arse?
Welcome to General Discussions.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 18:22   #19
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

so you buy / build a new computer for one game??
and sorry, but where the hell did you learn to speak english?
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 18:23   #20
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

pagd is the gayest internet community there is
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 18:24   #21
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Freud would have some wise words for you I'm sure.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 18:25   #22
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embroglio
pagd is the gayest internet community there is
gay.com wants a word

comedy edit 1: behind the bike sheds lol

comedy edit 2: so does genmay lol
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 18:27   #23
madman2k30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
but where the hell did you learn to speak english?
u cant be very intelligent come on you cant speak on a forum you can only type so read what your typing before you voice an opinion u idiot
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 18:28   #24
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

AMD, best performence for money.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 18:32   #25
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
u cant be very intelligent come on you cant speak on a forum you can only type so read what your typing before you voice an opinion u idiot
... I had to listen to your post five times before it made any sense ...
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 18:41   #26
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
under no circustances use a periode or any other punctation marks, else there is the dange that people might actually understand what you are trying to say. also, always use 'u' instead of 'you', that makes you look really cool and über-l33t.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 18:41   #27
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
i dont think he said you were speaking, but one assumes that the typing ability would be roughly equivalent to the speaking. Though probably slightly better. However, the place you learned to speak would most likely be the same place you learnt to write. Therefore his question was valid within the environment of this forum.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 18:42   #28
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
... I had to listen to your post five times before it made any sense ...
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 18:51   #29
madman2k30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
i dont think he said you were speaking, but one assumes that the typing ability would be roughly equivalent to the speaking. Though probably slightly better. However, the place you learned to speak would most likely be the same place you learnt to write. Therefore his question was valid within the environment of this forum.
no it aint valid my spelling has been adapted due to the fact that i send a lot of text messages rather than typing on writing so i have got used to short hand writing/ typing or texting what ever you would like to refer to it as
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 18:54   #30
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

well, its more that you seem to have little/no sentence structure rather than your spelling
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 18:54   #31
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
no it aint valid my spelling has been adapted due to the fact that i send a lot of text messages rather than typing on writing so i have got used to short hand writing/ typing or texting what ever you would like to refer to it as
I send lots of text messages. It's just that I can multitask and speak english at the same time. This leads to a high success rate on the internet which is beneficial.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 18:57   #32
madman2k30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
I send lots of text messages. It's just that I can multitask and speak english at the same time. This leads to a high success rate on the internet which is beneficial.
your english cant be that good because you are assuming that people can here your voice on the forum as the clearly shown words in bold show and you are therefore in error not me and you are meant to say that i have poor spelling
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 19:11   #33
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

your grammar is still crap madman. there wasnt a single full stop in your previous post.

anyway

im closing this thread because it falls under the 'crap threads' thing.
It's not personal, it's just business.
Closed Thread