User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Feb 2005, 09:20   #1
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
GD Recipe Box

alright, hopefully this works. i know some of you out there like to cook, and i know some (like me) just can't. but anyway i thought it might be interesing for us to share a few recipes.

here's my first contribution:

Parmesan Chicken Strips and Tomato Dipping Sauce
(yes i got it from a magazine)

ingredients:
16 melba toasts (thin crispy toast)
4 bonless chicken breasts
1 egg
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
1 tbsp vegetable oil

tomato dipping sauce:
1 can tomatoes
1/4 cup tomato paste
2 green onions, chopped
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 each salt and pepper

Instructions:
* pour can of tomatoes into saucepan and break up with a potato masher. add paste, green onions, basil, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil on high heat. reduce heat and simmer, stirring every few minutes until thick enough to mound on to spoon (about 20mins)
*put melba toast into a resealable bag and close. crush with a rolling pin.
*cut chicken into 1 inch thick strips
* break egg into shallow dish and beat with a fork until foamy
* in another shallow dish, stir together melba toast, parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper.
*dip chicken into egg, allowing exess to run off, then coat all sides with melba toast mixture.
* fry until golden brown (about 5 mins each side).
*serve with dipping sauce

**makes about 4 servings;
Unread 1 Feb 2005, 09:44   #2
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GD Recipe Box

I cook a mean Beef Stroganoff, and I'm still working on my patented microwave pancake... stay tuned
Unread 1 Feb 2005, 12:40   #3
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

Fried eggs:

1. Break eggs
2. Fry eggs in pan
3. Eat fried eggs

If you master the technique well enough, you can throw all kind of shit in, like onions and tomatoes!
Unread 1 Feb 2005, 12:45   #4
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flayer
Fried eggs:

1. Break eggs
2. Fry eggs in pan
3. Eat fried eggs

If you master the technique well enough, you can throw all kind of shit in, like onions and tomatoes!

I see you've been reading 'Cooking in Ten Minutes' by Edouard de Pomiane
Unread 1 Feb 2005, 14:02   #5
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Rudjak (Indonesian beef ´curry´ (it´s not a curry but to explain what you should expect this serves best for the british among us) as I make it

1 T Vegetable oil
2 Cloves garlic
1 t Turmeric
1/2 t Ginger
3 Lemon grass leaves
450 g Top round or lean beef sliced thinly
1 t Salt, or to taste
1 1/2 c Coconut milk
1 Salam leaf

Heat oil in pan and add garlic, turmeric, ginger and lemon grass. Saute lightly.

Then add meat and crushed chillies. Saute 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add salt and chillies and mix well.

Pour coconut milk over meat and add salam leaf. Cover and cook over low heat until almost dry.

Serve with rice. Fantastic!
Unread 1 Feb 2005, 14:33   #6
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

For this you will need:

One oceanic basin
One large, magnitude 9.0 underwater earthquake.
Mix well.

It's a recipe for disaster.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2005, 14:59   #7
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Egg salad a lá my mom

4-5 eggs
half of a smallish onion
some mayonaise
mustard
salt

Hard boil the eggs for 'bout 10 minutes, peel them and toss them on a plate
Mash the eggs
Cut the half onion up in very little pieces and put them with the eggs in a small bowl
Add some mayonaise to the onions and eggs, I do this on feel but I'd estimate about 3-4 tablespoons
Add 1 or 2 teaspoons of mustard
Add a pinch of salt and mix/stirr/mash everything together

voila, ready to be put on toast.

Adding more onion will result in a sharper egg salad. I'm not a big fan of this.
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 07:11   #8
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

Honey Garlic BBQ Sauce (from Bonnie's mom)

2 cups ketchup
1 cup honey
1/2 cup soya sauce
2 tsp garlic powder (to taste)

boil gently, cool, and refridgerate
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 08:44   #9
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Oriental Beef Stew

-soy sauce and water ratio 2 soy sauce : 1 water (ratio is strictly followed to attain the "right" taste, amount of each side of ratio will depend on your preference, and also preferred if mix is covering all of the beef in the pot that's gonna be used for tenederizing - determine if mix is going to be covering all of the beef before marinating)
-1 lemon
-1 bulb onions, chopped, rings or minced
-black pepper
-cooking oil (3 table spoons)
-3 pounds of beef (sirloin preferably)

-pour soy sauce and water (2:1) in saucepan to make gravy(preferably the gravy should be fully covering the beef in the pot thats gonna be used for tenderizing, and should be determined before marinating, if not, add soy sauce and water strictly following ratio, and a little bit more lemon)
-squeeze lemon into the gravy
-put black pepper onto beef with gravy to desired amount
-marinate beef into soy sauce and water gravy for at least 4 hours
(after 4 hours of marinating)
-pour cooking oil into frying pan
-sautee onions until transparent
-separate sauteed onions in serving bowl, turn off heat
-pour beef with gravy(marinade) in a pot -heat in high heat the beef with gravy(marinade) till tender
-separate beef from gravy and put into frying pan used for sauteeing the onions, fry until cooked
-leave gravy sizzling at medium heat
-when beef is cooked, transfer gravy into frying pan with the beef
-mix with spoon or ladel
-pour into serving bowl where the sauteed onions are
-mix until onions are pulled up

--serve with steamed rice mmmmmmmmmmmm

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh

Last edited by demiGOD; 2 Feb 2005 at 08:49.
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 09:57   #10
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Spare ribs a la X

A much ribs as you can handle (you need the big ones not the presawed ribbies)
Ketjap manis (sweet soy sauce)
honey
beef tea tablets

--------------
Make sure the ribs are at room temperature before you begin. Enter a knife in the bottom middle of the ´hollow´ side. The key of this exercise is to remove that horrid skin most people leave on. You CAN leave it on but I think it´s rancid, and besides, it´s a nasty piece of layer so your spices won´t get in to the food etc.
Believe me, even if you do one like this, it will be better than the others.
Anyway, once your ribs are prepared enough to your taste, put them in a bowl, hollow side up, and smear over the soy sauce, honey, etc. Leave for one hour. Keep the sauce/herbs mixture apart in a cup when continueing.
Then put on a big pan of water. It has to be big enough to contain the ribs. When the water boils, add 4 tablets of beef tea, and cook the ribs in it FOR NO MORE THAN 20 MINUTES!!!!! Take the ribs out of the water. They are now ready to be baked or grilled.
I usually grill them for 4 minutes per side, while smearing the soysauce/honey/herb mixture over them.

This is a prize winner. Try it and you´ll never like them differently.
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 10:05   #11
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
For this you will need:

One oceanic basin
One large, magnitude 9.0 underwater earthquake.
Mix well.

It's a recipe for disaster.
I groaned, at least that's some response.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1lb plain flour
12oz caster sugar
12oz dark brown sugar
8oz unsalted butter
10oz chocolate chips
2 medium eggs
1tsp vanilla extract
1tsp salt
1tsp baking powder

Hey this one's pretty easy:
Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl until delicious. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking in the bowl and mixing into the sugary goodness. Add the vanilla extract. Sift the flour into some other bowl, add the salt and baking powder to it, mix it up reaaaaaal nice then slowly add to the buttery joy, mixing well until you get a sticky mess. Fold in the chocolate chips.

Dump blobs of cookie mixture onto a baking tray, but don't be too ****ed about what they look like because they're going to spread out into a big square no matter what the ****. Bake 'em for about 12 to 15 minutes on around 170C, take them out, let them cool enough to be able to maintain their solid state then twat them onto a wire rack.

They're so chewy!
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 11:04   #12
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Pab you do the chocolate chip cookies EVERY ****ING TIME

Do you only eat chocoloate chip cookies ffs?
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 12:32   #13
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiGOD
Oriental Beef Stew
:eek:

Although this does remind me of my childhood, every Sunday the same joke would crop up at the dinner table "Do you want some beef/chicken/lamb Stew [laughter]"

Anyway, these recipes look nice, might try some, especially the ribs.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 13:43   #14
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrasyn
Pab you do the chocolate chip cookies EVERY ****ING TIME

Do you only eat chocoloate chip cookies ffs?
I'm pretty sure I've never posted the recipe for chocolate chip cookies before. In fact, I'm fairly certain I've never posted a recipe ever before.

But in answer to your second question, recently, yes.
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 13:59   #15
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold

I'm putting this one down as it is both easy and tasty. My GF actually asks me to cook this for all her friends on her birthday. It's also cheap, safe from the Gran Fromagio witch is a very strong and rich flavoured cheese but you buy a small piece of it and use just a bit of it mixed with the cheap cheese and you'll have spare great taste cheese for your next 3-4 meals.

'Baked' Potato a lá Xee Thot

Ingredients
• One medium-big potato for each person
• Bacon
• Cheese ( I recomend cheap parmesan with a bit of Gran Fromagio )
• Cream Cheese
• Salsa
• Onion
• Soy Sauce.

How-to
As you bake/boil the potatos to the point they are soft, prepare the filling:
1 ) Slice and dice the onion, the bacon and the salsa and keep each of the ingredients on separate bowls/plates. Add the soy sauce to the onion (You don't need to cover it in sauce, just put a bit and mix it so the onion absorbs the sauce) and let it rest while you dice the bacon and the salsa.

2) On a frying pan fry the diced bacon until it is crispy and then remove it to it's bow, but keep the oil/fat it lets out on the pan.

3) Take out the excess soy sauce from the diced onions and cook it on the bacon's oil.

4) When the potatoes are done, put one on a plate and cut it in half. Smash it with a fork so it covers all the bottom of the plate. Add a couple of spoons of the now cooked onion, sprinkle generously with bacon, grind some of the cheese over it and pour the cream cheese over it so it covers most of the toppings (Don't do a thickj layer.).

5) Put the plate in the microwave for about 2-3mins so the cream cheese melts down. Once the microwave *bings* give a good sprinkle with the diced salsa over it and you're ready to serve.

6) For each plate go thru the steps 4 - 5 again.

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st

Last edited by XeeThot; 2 Feb 2005 at 14:07.
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 16:26   #16
Telhilion
NOT scottish

Telhilion is an unknown quantity at this point

I cooked some crazy Pizza like thing that everyone but me loved :s

Just need to track down the recipe again.
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 16:49   #17
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: GD Recipe Box

I used to like corned beef and tomato sauce sandwiches when I was small.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 17:04   #18
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

As I am technically a cook I suppose I should contribute to this thread in some way. So...

Ingredients :
5 dozen medium eggs
4.5kg Plain Flour
1kg Granulated sugar
10 tablespoons baking powder
3.5 litres milk
350g Golden Syrup

Method - Add eggs, flour, sugar, baking powder and milk to mixer.
Mix on low setting for about 5 minutes
Heat golden syrup until it is easily pourable then add to mixture
Continue to mix on low setting for a further 2 minutes
Turn the mixer up to high speed for approx 30 seconds.
Done. To cook pancakes use a hot flat surfaced griddle which has been lightly buttered.
For best results leave mix in the fridge for a few hours before use.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 12:13   #19
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
I'm pretty sure I've never posted the recipe for chocolate chip cookies before. In fact, I'm fairly certain I've never posted a recipe ever before.

But in answer to your second question, recently, yes.
Hmm well okay then

It´s just that every sodding time someone enters a chochico recipe. I thought, with that smoking gun in your hand, and everything...

So sorry.
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 13:09   #20
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
As I am technically a cook I suppose I should contribute to this thread in some way. So...

Ingredients :
5 dozen medium eggs
4.5kg Plain Flour
1kg Granulated sugar
10 tablespoons baking powder
3.5 litres milk
350g Golden Syrup

Method - Add eggs, flour, sugar, baking powder and milk to mixer.
Mix on low setting for about 5 minutes
Heat golden syrup until it is easily pourable then add to mixture
Continue to mix on low setting for a further 2 minutes
Turn the mixer up to high speed for approx 30 seconds.
Done. To cook pancakes use a hot flat surfaced griddle which has been lightly buttered.
For best results leave mix in the fridge for a few hours before use.
A fridge? My dear lass with the amounts you specify a cooled container might be more apt. That recipe will make you bake for two hours (if you use 2-4 frying pans).
Unread 4 Feb 2005, 16:05   #21
Aryn
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Chocolate Chip Cookies

good cookies pab
Unread 4 Feb 2005, 16:08   #22
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

You make 'em?

I'm doing another batch today at some point, with hazelnuts and choc chips I think.
Unread 4 Feb 2005, 16:12   #23
Aryn
Happy

well your recipe is very similar to mine :P
Unread 4 Feb 2005, 18:40   #24
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Officially approving of this thread.
I'll no doubt be using this thread.
I wonder if this thread could be used to sucessfully poison GD members.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2005, 18:46   #25
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold

Could be made Sticky!

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote