User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Jun 2004, 18:00   #1
Anarchy
sexeh bitch

Anarchy is an unknown quantity at this point
wtf is with 6:2?

Anybody have any explanation as to why there are 10 people in the same galaxy who intended to be together? i see no obvious way to do this, considering the implementation of 'buddy codes', and to exlie ones self would certainly be no guarantee of landing there (so assume 3 people created a galaxy and wanted their friends in it...not only would they have to win over the GC and ministry positions so they could exile people, but their 7 other friends would all have to exile into that galaxy)
seems highly unlikely to me.
[11:27] <Anarchy> opers!!! opers!!!
[11:27] <Anarchy> im being abused!!
[11:27] <+mist> ?
[11:27] <+mist> in what way?
[11:27] <Anarchy> analy

<@Grebe> rape meh like a pony!! \o/ \o/\o/

<scirDSL> I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals.

<@Viper> im wanking all over my face now
<@Smesh|Away> with 2 fingers up ur arse?
<@Viper> three
Anarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 18:02   #2
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: wtf is with 6:2?

a couple of other top gals used this also to get basically a private gal
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 18:16   #3
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

All you needed to do was go talk to an admin sweetly and you got what ever galaxy you wanted. The tales of people getting exiled etc are endless.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 18:26   #4
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

This game can be so embarrassing. I know the admin staff are only human, but this is taking the piss.

Can anyone (official) even be bothered to deny it?
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 18:36   #5
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point

Erm im not saying that they didnt cheet to get together.

But it was still possiable to change names up untill tick start so they could have decided on the theme once the gal was full, and just got lucky with active players. (or am i missing something here have they said they wanted to be together elce where.)
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 20:07   #6
Crazeh
Jedi Mastah

Crazeh is an unknown quantity at this point

As I see it there was a reason why there were 1000 inactive 0 roid planets at tickstart..

People obviously signed up several accounts, looked for a active gal. choose the best account and just never bothered with the others... thus getting a active gal...

Just my 1 cent on the issue...

Round 3-4 Newbie
Round 6-10 NoS
Round 10.5-11 FAnG

[Mercenaries]
[Illuminati]
Crazeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 20:55   #7
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
CHEATING

Multi
In Planetarion you may only access your own account, logging
into any other account, directly or indirectly, besides your
own originally created account will be regarded as a breach
of this agreement. and is punishable by removal from the
game in the form of account closure(1).

Several forms of multiïng include, but are not limited too:
· Account Sharing: Allowing anyone besides yourself to access
your account or to access any account other than your own.
· Account Swapping: Assuming ownership of an account not
created by yourself.
· Registering Multiple Accounts: Registering and activating
more than 1 account.
Why even bother with semi-random gals heh.

I'd just like to troll with my idea about 5 people gals 3 buddies+2random :|, even if tits cheat and get 5 mates together, its not THAT much of a bonus like it is atm, heh.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 05:54   #8
Anarchy
sexeh bitch

it appears 1:6 is in a similar situation

either way, the system is intended to have '3 buddies' in a galaxy, and anything beyond that is manipulating the system, and the galaxy should be dissolved [the players dispersed throughout the universe in a non-exile fashion so they dont all end up together again]

<scirDSL> I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals.

<@Viper> three
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 05:56   #9
Anarchy
sexeh bitch

and 1:2 no less.

<@Viper> three
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 06:05   #10
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

yes people abused the system, and yes I would like to see those people punished...perhaps not lose their account, but manually exile everyone from those galaxies so that they cannot be together. It is this blind eye that the admins turn to everything that encourages cheating.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 10:45   #11
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

yeah and those rules that get people too loose faith in this game... if admins do stuff this easily... heh, sad sad sad for a further nice round...
can anything be done?
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 11:42   #12
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

comedy gold again
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 11:58   #13
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

hmm, interesting, i just thought it was some lucky gits that ended up wit 3 buddy packs in gal and another active. TBH you could still have gal themes with an active random gal...
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 13:12   #14
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

Blixxard is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
comedy gold again
Blixxard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 15:03   #15
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
hmm, interesting, i just thought it was some lucky gits that ended up wit 3 buddy packs in gal and another active. TBH you could still have gal themes with an active random gal...
Few gals got lucky yes but several top gals got planets moved into the gal by the admins...
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 15:43   #16
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Unread 25 Jun 2004, 16:50   #17
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyConrad
Few gals got lucky yes but several top gals got planets moved into the gal by the admins...
do you have any proof? how do you know?

I know at least one of them were just lucky
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 17:33   #18
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
do you have any proof? how do you know?

I know at least one of them were just lucky
I know some ppl in some top gals that exiled their inactives and got admin to move top players into their gal using a buddy code in the gal that was already full...

And I know ppl that has been moved by admin manually after the shuffle...
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 17:38   #19
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

If true, it is absolutely disgraceful. Can we have official word from PA Team please?
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 17:55   #20
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

its not true. from what i can see they simply got lucky with buddy codes. admins dont move people into gals of their choice. we were however moving people who signed up before the merger but screwed up with the buddy codes, nothing that couldnt have been done by asking to be deleted and resigning up, and not making a mistake on the code. ofc for those who had credits , doing that would mean losing them - thus the admins having to fix their mistakes manually .
thats what you probably heard and got misinterpreted down the line by someone
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 19:58   #21
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

'yeah right'

might be true THESE got lucky... but several others did get moved
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 20:10   #22
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

and your proof that they were anything other then the buddy codes like i said above?
people just love conspiracy theories, dont they
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 20:22   #23
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

There should have been a full shuffle (Keeping buddy groups together obviously) before ticks started and all unpaid accounts with 0 roids deleted. That would have been a better plan.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 20:38   #24
Phil^
Insomniac

indeed, the way buddy codes were handled this round could have been a fair bit better, i`ll admit that much , it was a good idea which wasnt implemented perhaps as well as it could have been. still , lessons have been learned from it. if/when theres a next time it should go much better. still, the problems of random rounds cant be gotten away from via even the buddy codes. inactives will always be a part of them which cant be easily controlled, esp if they are logging in, just not doing anything, as was the case for a fair few of the inactives complained about to me by some galaxies stuck with them.
private gals couldnt really have been done this round imo as the severe alliance blocking last round pretty much ruined any chances of them being in r11.
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 21:59   #25
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

make sure the winners signed up with their real names, adresses, emails, phone numbers etc. to "prove" they didn't sign up one million accounts and chose the best one(s).
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 01:39   #26
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Actually mens raises a very good point here. Could someone take the time to check these supergals and see if they signed up with the correct info?

If action was taken now on those who didn't give honest details and the names of those who did were exonerated I doubt we'd see a repeat of this type of cheating - if indeed it was cheating - in future rounds. After all, how long would it take? 2 hours maybe?

C'mon Phil, for the good of the game.
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 02:10   #27
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

mail me a list of all the "supergals" next time i'm bored i'll look at them all in a huge amount of detail ( i get very bored very often - [email protected]

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 02:25   #28
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: wtf is with 6:2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Actually mens raises a very good point here. Could someone take the time to check these supergals and see if they signed up with the correct info?

If action was taken now on those who didn't give honest details and the names of those who did were exonerated I doubt we'd see a repeat of this type of cheating - if indeed it was cheating - in future rounds. After all, how long would it take? 2 hours maybe?
If they're going to validate the signup info of some top galaxies now, then they should validate all of the top galaxies throughout the whole round (every week, whenever they change, or via some other predetermined criteria). It's hardly fair to subject some top galaxies to extra scrutiny just because a few players demand it (it's the same effect anyway, because if PA Team does it on demand once then they have no grounds to refuse it whenever someone else demands it in the future--and you can bet they will ).
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 07:06   #29
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

I have no problem with that. I don't think any honest player should have, particularily given the stance made by PATeam pre tick start on signing up multiple accounts.
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 07:47   #30
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

i think the exile feature is the main problem to handle rather than moves made by the admins, seems n00bishly easy to get into the gal of your choice. ;( those of us who stayed in their random gals (which turns out to be ****) got the shaft :\

BRING BACK PRIVATE GALS!!

Random unis will always be abused and it's unfair on others who actually go and stay random.

At least in a private gal universe everybody has the same chance, equal footing moreorless to create their private gal. 'Private' gals in a random universe totally own tho.

My thoughts on the matter, right or wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 11:05   #31
Phil^
Insomniac

private gals were also abused last time round by the alliances.
which is worse , the chance someone might be inactive in your gal - or the whole universe being stagnated artificially by the alliances
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 11:43   #32
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
private gals were also abused last time round by the alliances.
which is worse , the chance someone might be inactive in your gal - or the whole universe being stagnated artificially by the alliances

i rather have the private gals concerning... i've played since r3 and not 1 random round brought me a gal that was active, same after exiling. And i am getting kinda annoyed by that... makes it utterly useless to play a game if you are on your own. I rather have a mix of private/random like r5 gals
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 11:50   #33
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
If they're going to validate the signup info of some top galaxies now, then they should validate all of the top galaxies throughout the whole round (every week, whenever they change, or via some other predetermined criteria). It's hardly fair to subject some top galaxies to extra scrutiny just because a few players demand it (it's the same effect anyway, because if PA Team does it on demand once then they have no grounds to refuse it whenever someone else demands it in the future--and you can bet they will ).
i just said i was going to take a look, nothing more - i'll take a look at anyone if i'm asked.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 15:34   #34
Teas

Teas is an unknown quantity at this point

which evidence makes anybody think its 10 people who planned and managed to get in one gal?
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 16:50   #35
Vanquisher
heh

Vanquisher is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teas
which evidence makes anybody think its 10 people who planned and managed to get in one gal?
Fact there's a gal with at least 6 players who were in the same gal last round

More than one :P
Vanquisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 18:14   #36
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

i need to ask him to move me then

Quote:
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 18:15   #37
cbk100

cbk100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
its not true. from what i can see they simply got lucky with buddy codes. admins dont move people into gals of their choice. we were however moving people who signed up before the merger but screwed up with the buddy codes, nothing that couldnt have been done by asking to be deleted and resigning up, and not making a mistake on the code. ofc for those who had credits , doing that would mean losing them - thus the admins having to fix their mistakes manually .
thats what you probably heard and got misinterpreted down the line by someone
HEHE I just bothered to check these forums again to look for a post like this. Well I see that it has finaly gotten into the light.

Phil I don't have too much to say about your statement above. You might be in good faith and think you are telling the truth or you might not. The fact is that PA admins has done norty things once again and I could actualy tell you who if that was what I wanted, but since I don't play I just cba and will enjoy to look some more at this mess that the HQ has created (once again *cough* *cough*)

This is not the first time that PA HQ has done things like that and its most likely not the last. Its just a shame that ppl can do things this god damn stupid and so sure to be discovered. It was just like last round where the manual was changed just to support the decisions they made and then afterwards HQ claimed that it has been in the manual for a long time (ofc. done because noone could pove them wrong...... at least if it wasn't for the fact that some ppl had taken screen shoots). This time its a bit more delicate since nothing can really be proven unless its done by the ppl who actualy got HQ to put ppl into their gal and I doubt that will happen and I doubt even more that HQ will stand up for themself and admit that they have done something wrong.

But Phil if its because you can't see that anything has been done wrong that you think nothing has been done then its fair enough that you claim that nothing has happened, but maybe you should try to talk to the other admins b4 you come our with such a statement, cause they might know something that you don't... if they want to admit it...

cbk
cbk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 18:21   #38
cbk100

cbk100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles

C'mon Phil, for the good of the game.
Well no action can be taken aggainst those gals that is formed as it is now. PA HQ has cheated... you can't punish HQ... sadly!!! And since those top gals has done nothing wrong but to talk nicely to the ppl at HQ its kinda hard to punish them (unless the fact that PA HQ is rotten is a bug and it then can be counted as bug abbuse then its ofc. posible to do something but I don't see that as much likely )

cbk
cbk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 18:29   #39
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk100
Well no action can be taken aggainst those gals that is formed as it is now. ...
You could shuffle them to some random empty spots far away from each other.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 09:20   #40
General Who

General Who is an unknown quantity at this point

This is simple:

The whole purpose of the system is of buddy codes and random assignment etc is CLEARLY designed to prevent gals like 1:6 and 6:2. That is the purpose of the rules and protocol. Whether done "legally" or not it defies the very system and administrators of the system are well within their rights to protect the integrity of the system. Period. The only logical reason that can be found to explain why the admins are not taking action to protect their system is that the purpose of their system is not really to prevent gals like that, right?

Last edited by General Who; 27 Jun 2004 at 09:25.
General Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 13:07   #41
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think it's brilliant.

'There are some inherent problems with the buddy system which we see before the round has begun!'
'It'll be fine, trust us!'

'There are some inherent problems with the buddy system which are evident now the round has begun!'
'WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL US?'
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 16:36   #42
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

First of all, no supergals were created by PaTeam or people with admin-rights in the game.
Certainly, with the new buddy code, there were some issues, and some botched signups, but the only cases we moved people were in cases where the limit of 3 buddies had not been reached, but the galaxy was full. Or, when we got a request to delete a planet, which freed up a buddy-code entry. In these cases, we could have said "no, but you can ask us to delete you first, then you can sign up again with the buddy code since he has deleted", but as the result is the exact same thing as moving him in, we moved him.

Since 1:6 was mentioned, yes, it was exactly like that, keeping to 3 planets per buddy code etc.
Yes indeed, some gals got better than others, and ofc 3 packs + 1 random would appear to be stronger than 1 pack and 7 randoms, indeed.

This was not a desired effect of the buddy-codes, but obvisouly one that we did not take seriously enough.
We shall have to do better on this issue in the future, and see if better solutions can be found.
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 17:40   #43
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

Fernando is an unknown quantity at this point

I wont complain cause I have a pretty decent galaxy this round, however, i would like to say that better to have Buddy codes than to be left out on your own (random)... maybe it is just my point of view, but defenately better to have atleast one/two friend with you

Community for community - join #PA
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 20:44   #44
Hesekiel
No more, No less.

Hesekiel has a spectacular aura aboutHesekiel has a spectacular aura aboutHesekiel has a spectacular aura about

I can only see one way to solve this problem:

reshuffle.

I believe its pretty easy to do it, it only takes a couple of hours or so and everything will be changed. I dont care what kind of an in-game explonation they come up with about the shuffle, lets call it a universal earthquake or anything.

after having all the galaxies mixed up once more, can anyone say someone cheated??

Genesis-2
Hesekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 22:04   #45
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

shuffling now with galaxy channels being set up, with people knowing nicknames is extremelly stupid.

Personally I have not seen any "evidence" as to say the players cheated or they didn't, but to be honest both galaxies look highly suspect to say the least.

It is extremelly interesting to see the direction in which Jolt has taken the game, it seems to me as if it has been taking the same direction as the previous owners, be them banks and ISP's or some guys from Norway.

I am not saying there has not been innovations since Oct. 2003, as there has. It is just the status quo with the selection of the PA Team/Crew has got me worried, that and the badly designed code with malformed server footers has certainly got me rolling my eyes over how they have recoded the game.

The problem as quoted from Lord Acton is "Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely ", to say that this is not the case with the current administration is blind if not inept. Most of these problems should have been addressed within a few hours, 24 hours later is unacceptable. The fact people can say that there has been cheating and "golden handshakes" and then say there is is evidence, and then for no-one to come along and refute this apparent evidence is very disheartening.

So I address this to the current administration team of planetarion, if not Jolt itself, where is the evidence which shows there has been no foul play within the game, I belive that if we do not see any hard evidence within the next few days that Jolt should take a serious look into the current organisation and management running this investment of thiers, because even though they have recouped thier initial investment (exculding hosting, payroll, hardware, etc) many times over, they still need to keep into consideration that if this trend of mismanagement and corrupt administators continue, there may not be that many more rounds of planetarion, or not that many rounds which seem economically viable
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 22:55   #46
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

I tend to agree, but mainly, jolt kind of has forgotten the game and washed their hands "clean" if you follow me.
The administration of the game... heh one heck of a complex proccess. To what I know Jolt made every person that works within planetarion sign something that can even lead most of these if something goes ... different to the way they want it ... to the heck of a big problem.
I also think that Jolt is just here to check the billing and administrate the servers. They dont do many other things.

About the economy of Planetarion and its management, I believe they should perhaps sell some ad space or something. For that matter i would even dare to say people are willing to pay for it (but like they had in the past, some people did not pay, to which I would take an advance payment over this).

It is just a small contribution of mine, but i hope that it is all taken into consideration.
For the time I have been here, they should know that I only want the game to keep on going, and specially because it has modelled and made the main part of my life. (when I try to look to the future without planetarion, i cant imagine it... Thats possibly the reason I quit for a couple of weeks and then just returned a bit later

Planetarion only needs a little think over, and to listen to the veterans aswell, see our opinion, and take decisions out of seeing what everyone has thought of the way planetarion has developed since the beginning of times.

Fernando

Unread 27 Jun 2004, 22:56   #47
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

And one last thing: Shuffling now would be plain stupid.

Either you shuffle before the ticks start, or chaos will happen :/

Unread 28 Jun 2004, 05:22   #48
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

this sucks :/

im in a gal with like 4 active people max :/

we gave up exiling as we just got more inactives in return.

if this special deal between admins and top gals is true that is truly sucky.
it is unfair on the rest oof us mugs who play truly random.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 05:30   #49
Phil^
Insomniac

as has been said many many times, and has seemingly been ignored. i`ll say it again, and in bold

ADMINS HAVE NOT GOT SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS WITH THE TOP GALAXIES TO GET THEM PUT TOGETHER

next time. Please read what i and spinner have said
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 06:31   #50
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Strider
this sucks :/

im in a gal with like 4 active people max :/

we gave up exiling as we just got more inactives in return.

if this special deal between admins and top gals is true that is truly sucky.
it is unfair on the rest oof us mugs who play truly random.
yo Strider, that sounds like my gal, haha, what are your coords?

Quote: