User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 24 Oct 2018, 12:25   #1
wades209
Carew

wades209 has a spectacular aura aboutwades209 has a spectacular aura aboutwades209 has a spectacular aura about
Quest bonus'

I'm returning to the game after a few years absence. I'm playing solo as my life at home with a small child means i can't give the time to an alliance but i really enjoy the game. One of the changes i don't remember being in the game was the massive bonus' for completing quests. I do really like the bonus for research and constructions and really gives you an incentive.

However, I find the massive resource or additional roids bonus' for collecting roids and xp etc very much just widening the gap. All it means is if you quickly get roids you can far accelerate ahead of everyone else. This only really favours the experienced and big ally players.

I feel the setup is to keep the current base happy but is built in a way that does not encourage new players.

I understand there has to be a strategy bonus as it is the point of the game but maybe removing the large resource and roids bonus' would level things out. Getting the roids should be bonus enough.

I think if the game is to grown it needs to find a way to make solo play still a viable option.

Could concurrent games run. One with Allys and one without? has this ever been done?

What do other people think?
wades209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2018, 17:14   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Quest bonus'

You have a point, quest rewards for just doing well do seem a bit silly. That said, I also don't think we should have the reverse: no rewards for doing poorly. Sure, the game should be less difficult for you if you're worse at it (more salvage when losing ships, less pressure on HCT research, things like that), but that should be limited to being hurt less, not being given more.

Pull yerself up by yer bootstraps, and all that jazz, except this is just a game, and not, you know, life.

I'm opposed to running 2 games simultaneously. The community is small, and splitting it in two will kill it.

As for solo play, like it or not, PA is and always has been a team game. That's true at the upper levels of play, for people who want to wake up at night to live launch their attacks, but is just as true for the average schmuck with a job and a family who just wants to spend an hour every evening chatting with people, maybe launch a couple of attacks. There's an alliance for everyone, and I recommend you join one.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2018, 22:38   #3
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah the snowball effect.

I would add a quest for def points. Maybe ingal one of its own similar systems.

Last edited by Ave; 25 Oct 2018 at 19:50.
Ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2018, 11:21   #4
wades209
Carew

wades209 has a spectacular aura aboutwades209 has a spectacular aura aboutwades209 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the comments. I do agree that you can’t change the game for solo play. I just think there are massive advantages of being part of an alliance that gaining extra rewards for gaining roids further punishes new and solo players more. It shouldn’t be a race to get the bonuses. By doing this you will know who will be up the top within the first 300 ticks. Takes the strategy element out as the advantage is just to rush roids.

Last edited by wades209; 25 Oct 2018 at 11:28.
wades209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2018, 19:49   #5
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Well I would like to think its more fun inside an alliance. The social aspects have kept us all playing more than anything. The quests adds a little tought to the game, but aint too annoying or nessesary to take attention away from the actual war. I think it has a lot of good stuff.

I would like to reward actvity a bit more and specially those aspects that help alliance grow and keep them roids. A short note I did above allready.

Launch af, set af, def points, scan incs, add bcalcs etc. could be a whole new branch for that.

Last edited by Ave; 25 Oct 2018 at 19:58.
Ave is offline   Reply With Quote