User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Jun 2003, 23:19   #1
Oxygenol

Unhappy About cost of this game...

I would be happy if one of HQs would answer to this post... Or even look at it...

I´m disappointed. I played this game 1,5 years ago and it was not pay-to-play.

Why it costs ? It´s stupid.

I loved this game, it was really fun. But someone took this game too seriously and made it pay-to-play.

Are you only after money ?

This game would be the best ever if... But it is impossible to even think about it now.

You ruined name "planetarion". Shame..

Think about those who cannot play this game because they are under 18 years ?

Whataver, this is just stealing now... But i cannot decide what you do.

Oxygenol [HM]

[Edit: I edited out the color and font things, since they're disabled. And to save you the effort of typing out your 'sig', go to User CP/Profile and go to Edit Options then scroll down to Signature, and input the stuff in there. (Sorry for violating you) - KaneED]
Unread 8 Jun 2003, 23:22   #2
Backbone
The one and only

Backbone is an unknown quantity at this point
even if you seem to think different, even creators need to pay for food,drink,servers etc so it will be p2p again. There is no way around that, banner ads just don't give the money.

10 times mightier than 2001
Backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2003, 23:27   #3
SPQR

SPQR is an unknown quantity at this point
These may be news to you, but even Spinner has to eat sometimes. Living is not for free, you know?
And also some has to pay for the costs (bandwidth, server) Planetarion creates. Who else but the ones who play it?

Quote:
Think about those who cannot play this game because they are under 18 years ?
I am under 18 and i have found a way to pay for myself in each round since PA has gone p2p. The costs are no problems at all and there is ALWAYS a way to pay.
SPQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2003, 23:27   #4
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
quite simply, if its free, who pays for the servers and pa crew's wages etc etc
Unread 8 Jun 2003, 23:28   #5
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
The game went P2P so it could carry on. The money was needed to keep the creators alive and pay for all the stuff to keep the game up.

Perhaps not the best decision ever, but it was either death to the game, or P2P.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 04:30   #6
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Why can't you pay if you're under 18?
There's plenty of options to pay. I'm sure your parents give you a little pocket money.

Plus, £7 is nothing.
You might buy a popular game from a highstreet store. For me - and I believe most others - the longevity of this game will only last 3 months (then maybe you will pick it up 1 year later and play it a bit). That's the average length of a PA round.

PA is £7.
A popular highstreet game is close to £30.

Maths = CLEAR!
Tomkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 06:31   #7
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice
Easily.. I've leeched round 5,6,7, and 9... just get a good alliance. If they like you, ask someone to buy you an acct. =)
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 14:41   #8
coza
Banned

coza is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
The game went P2P so it could carry on. The money was needed to keep the creators alive and pay for all the stuff to keep the game up.

what do u mean dude..
p2p killed the game heh
coza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 15:15   #9
hydridia
Stan-hyd

hydridia is an unknown quantity at this point
i always play

and to me paying £7 aint much to think about when i remember all the cool peeps ive met and stuff... so not its not the death but its the beging of a beatiful friendship.....
plus im willing to pay more..spinner needs a new dress and he will go to the ball!

get another paper round little man
[MACE-EVE]
[m0o]
[ATUK]

Fochts Badger
Dread's Overlord
hydridia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 16:24   #10
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Fish
quite simply, if its free, who pays for the servers and pa crew's wages etc etc
Creators' (Spinner + fudge's) wages

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 01:20   #11
fishies

fishies is an unknown quantity at this point
i used to play when it was free and i was able to play the first p2p round bc my alliance bought me in but then the alliance broke up and i was not able to play bc i could not pay..and i have not been able to play since then and i used to like the game alot and i wanted to play agian, you should like have a free one too, lol
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 01:21   #12
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
I see the retards are having their air break again
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 07:59   #13
Not_RIT

Not_RIT is an unknown quantity at this point
I know many people under 18 who pay for the game, its not exactly hard, and its great value for money. Some people just have very short arms and long pockets. I bet they are the sort of people who read books in bookshops and eat all the free samples at supermarkets too.

To compare, £7 will buy you:

A book - 10 hours reading max.
A PC magazine (yes £7 ffs) - 1 hour reading, 2 hours wondering 'wtf did I buy this for?'
Renting a DVD - 3 hours
Cinema - 3 hours
Two McDonalds meals (at a stretch) - erm, not long really.
A few pints of beer - not that long at all is it?
PA - 3 to 4 months.

Now im my opinion, thats excellant value for money.
Not_RIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 10:34   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
Creators' (Spinner + fudge's) wages
I want money
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 11:36   #15
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
I want money
You'll have to fight JJ for it.

IN THE RING OF ETERNAL PAIN! GOGOGO!
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 21:22   #16
fishies

fishies is an unknown quantity at this point
well i dont even know how much £7 is bc i live in the US.....
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 21:32   #17
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by fishies
well i dont even know how much £7 is bc i live in the US.....
it costs $10.
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 21:35   #18
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Not_RIT

Renting a DVD - 3 hours
Someone is seriously ripping you off. It costs me a quid to rent a dvd.
Unread 15 Jun 2003, 04:00   #19
Mr. Juggalo
eia bro

Mr. Juggalo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: About cost of this game...

Quote:
(Sorry for violating you) - KaneED]

haha.