User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Jun 2005, 01:06   #1
Spiderman

Ending a life

All this talk of Big Brother, has reminded me of the excellent book by Ben Elton called "Dead Famous"

Basically, a murder takes place in a setting not too dissimilar to the Big Brother house. It's quite funny actually, he has the typical cockny lad character, the stupid eye candy chick, the hard lesbian etc....

Anyway - after realising that Mary is a bit un-stable, I was hoping she would attempt to murder one of the fellow housemates.

With cameras on you, 24 hours a day - do you think it would be possible to carry out a murder in the Big Brother house?

If so, who would you kill in the current house, and how would you do it without being discovered?....
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 01:10   #2
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Ending a life

[big brother]
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 01:13   #3
Spiderman

I thought I was the only bored, loser, with no friends, alone, at home, with a microwave meal for one, on a Friday night.

I was wrong.
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 01:17   #4
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i'm not so sure
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 01:20   #5
Spiderman

Bi/Curious?
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 01:21   #6
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
I thought I was the only bored, loser, with no friends, alone, at home, with a microwave meal for one, on a Friday night.

I was wrong.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 11:08   #7
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You couldn't get away with it.

Just because the cameras don't show all parts of the house, doesn't mean they aren't being filmed.

The only way you could do it is if everyone was in a hidden area (for example, under the covers of a bed or something) and then you stabbed someone. But your fingerprints would be all over the murder weapon. It could easily be traced back to you.
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 11:19   #8
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I am 100% certain there would be at least a couple of blind spots or maintenance areas that they don't film, it's possible. That aside, murdering someone does not have to involve the completely obvious and screaming 'gaaah! take that!' while lunging in full view with a dagger. Who says it has to be physical homicide at all, why not poisoning or something a little more discreet?
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 11:20   #9
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Just because the cameras don't show all parts of the house, doesn't mean they aren't being filmed.
Exactly:
Quote:
  • A huge production team of over 150 people is needed to make the Big Brother TV shows.
  • The team works around the clock and, even in the wee small hours, there are three producers and two directors on duty, plus at least 22 other crew members.
  • Their eyes are glued to over 50 monitors in the Big Brother control room.
  • Five manned cameras follow the housemates from behind one-way mirrors.
  • An additional 21 remote-controlled cameras are operated by producers in the control room.
  • Not only that, but every square inch of the house and garden is under surveillance by ten fixed cameras.
  • Over 40 hidden microphones catch every word, even the most private conversations.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 11:52   #10
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Besides, it would be easy to tell who you are even if you managed to find a unfilmed location.

Two go in. One comes out. The other one is found dead later on. Who does the evidence point to? Not the most complex of mysteries.
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 11:54   #11
Spiderman

What about sleight of hand? Or even, getting someone else to kill your target...
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 13:24   #12
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

poison would be the way forward, poison the lot of them and get them off the TV that is
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 13:40   #13
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

nah, if you are looking at it like that, rather than coke you shuld feed them speed or E, would be much funnier
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 13:54   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
All this talk of Big Brother, has reminded me of the excellent book by Ben Elton called "Dead Famous"
It's hardly "excellent". The plot isn't very interesting, and as an attempt to make it into a "comedy" he introduced a character who just quoted from Ben Elton's own standup every single time he opens his mouth.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 13:58   #15
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'd apply venom to a consealed needle.

a little tap and away he goes
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 14:51   #16
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
I am 100% certain there would be at least a couple of blind spots or maintenance areas that they don't film, it's possible.
Even if there were such areas (which seems unlikely), how would you know where they were?

Quote:
That aside, murdering someone does not have to involve the completely obvious and screaming 'gaaah! take that!' while lunging in full view with a dagger. Who says it has to be physical homicide at all, why not poisoning or something a little more discreet?
You'd have to get the poison into what they eat or drink somehow, and when they died the police would simply watch all the footage involving their food and drink until they saw you adding something to it.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 14:52   #17
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
It's hardly "excellent". The plot isn't very interesting, and as an attempt to make it into a "comedy" he introduced a character who just quoted from Ben Elton's own standup every single time he opens his mouth.
im sure i laughed a few times, although its not as good as his first few books. Whatever that's worth, i have a terrible suspicion if i reread ben elton i wouldnt particularly enjoy it now.

still, i didn't guess who it was who did the murder. Quite stupid of me really, it's obvious when you think about it.
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 15:10   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
im sure i laughed a few times
How much of his standup have you seen?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 15:49   #19
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

I bought Past Mortem the other day, I finished that other book (which was excellent, really amusing in a strange way), and will probably begin reading it this evening. I've never read anything by him before, so don't really have any expectations.
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 15:54   #20
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
How much of his standup have you seen?
certainly not all of it, which could explain it. I'm sure i recognised a few of the jokes though. I didn't realise it was all lifted from back when he was funny though.

im so naive
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 15:55   #21
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
I bought Past Mortem the other day, I finished that other book (which was excellent, really amusing in a strange way), and will probably begin reading it this evening. I've never read anything by him before, so don't really have any expectations.
I would suggest gridlock, and this other eden (was it called that? something eden anyway), and stark.

imo much better than his later stuff.
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 18:09   #22
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
entirely subjective entirely subjective entirely subjective entirely subjective entirely subjective entirely subjective entirely subjective entirely subjective entirely subjective entirely subjective entirely subjective entirely subjective entirely subjective entirely subjective entirely subjective entirely subjective entirely subjective entirely subjective entirely subjective entirely subjective

On topic, death by cock in the BB house would be the way to kill someone. That'd boost the rating! Huzzah!
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 20:24   #23
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

poison everyone (into dinner's spaghetti sauce or something. the day before. think there's a decent in-fridge camera?).

antidote for everyone but him.

that's the easy way, unlikely they would guess, and would assume the poisoning happened after that person's portion was divvied from the bulk.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 21:26   #24
zakoff
Evul Critter

zakoff is on a distinguished road

Didn't the SAS training team 'infiltrate' the Big brother house once without being spotted? The same ones that turned all the queens jewels around etc. If they can do something like that, i'm sure its possible to get away with murder in the Big brother house.

wasn't this a plot of Diagnosis Murder once? also Dick van Dyke did catch the killer...
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 21:36   #25
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakoff
Didn't the SAS training team 'infiltrate' the Big brother house once without being spotted? The same ones that turned all the queens jewels around etc.

Have you been confusing dreams with reality again?!
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 21:44   #26
zakoff
Evul Critter

zakoff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
Have you been confusing dreams with reality again?!
dunno if it happened, i just remember reading it in the newspaper ages ago.
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 21:58   #27
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

Did you read it some time around the beginning of the fourth month?
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 22:58   #28
Spiderman

Here's my idea...

You pick up an apple, and a knife, and start eating it next to your bed, leaving the knife on the floor by your bed.

Then somehow "arranging" for 5 of you to huddle together under a duvet on you bed. You then arrange the duvet to fall slightly over the knife and pick it up.

You then stab yourself and someone else in the shoulder - leaving 2 people unhurt, and killing your target.

Obviously, you must have appeared to be very friendly with your victim, and ideally, creating tension between the victim and the 2 unscathed people.

?

Oh yeh, and you say your fingerprints were on the knife because you were just using it - ideally, you need another set of prints on the knife as well...
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 01:30   #29
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Here's my idea...

You pick up an apple, and a knife, and start eating it next to your bed, leaving the knife on the floor by your bed.

Then somehow "arranging" for 5 of you to huddle together under a duvet on you bed. You then arrange the duvet to fall slightly over the knife and pick it up.

You then stab yourself and someone else in the shoulder - leaving 2 people unhurt, and killing your target.

Obviously, you must have appeared to be very friendly with your victim, and ideally, creating tension between the victim and the 2 unscathed people.

?

Oh yeh, and you say your fingerprints were on the knife because you were just using it - ideally, you need another set of prints on the knife as well...
And we find another member of GD who knows **** all about forensics...
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 01:34   #30
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd be rather more surprised if we found a single member of GD who knew **** all about forensics.
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 01:40   #31
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

The general principals aren't that difficult.

The problem with Spiderman's suggestion is that he's going to stab himself, thus the would depth is going to be affected by his psychological state and the wound angle is going to need consideration. Coupled with that cutting an apple is going to leave fingerprints on different areas than stabbing three people - one of them to death.

Then, lets think about the time it takes for someone to die having been stabbed... the covers aren't going to stay on for long - not least after the other people in the bed realise what's happened and try to get out...
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 01:42   #32
Yahwe
I am.

the problem with his plan is leaving 2 healthy witnesses and one injured (and hence angry one)

there's no need for sherlock on this particular crime scene
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 01:45   #33
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Let's be honest, the main problem with his plan is that it doesn't involve him dying.
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 01:45   #34
skiddy
wild one

That depends, the two healthy and one wounded witness may not be of much help, given the speed of which the encounter would be over with.

Sure, it would implicate him, but the fact that they don't actually know what happened would mean as a witness they'd be little use - other than saying they didn't do it - something he himself would say too.
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 01:46   #35
Yahwe
I am.

trust me.

i do this.

3 witnesses too many.

but on base principles i agree with jonny.
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 01:48   #36
skiddy
wild one

Fair one, I'll back down to you're judgement on this one.
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 01:51   #37
Yahwe
I am.

hell.

we both pointed out that he was retarded.

you and i are both winners here.
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 02:08   #38
skiddy
wild one

\o/
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 04:15   #39
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
Even if there were such areas (which seems unlikely), how would you know where they were?
Unlikely? To quote Stew quoting BB "A huge production team of over 150 people is needed to make the Big Brother TV shows". Have you ever seen a film set, it's a lot messier than the pretty views that get presented on TV. There will be maintenance areas at the very least, spaces that non BB members need access to so they can run all the equipment. Not to mention the thousands of cables and other assorted things running all over the place to support the cameras & lighting. If you live in the house 24/7, you're going to become pretty damn familier with the surroundings, in particular the schedule and rostering of crew members. It is likely however that such areas have guards posted to keep the contestants from entering, but people are a lot easier to fool than camera equipment is.

Quote:
You'd have to get the poison into what they eat or drink somehow, and when they died the police would simply watch all the footage involving their food and drink until they saw you adding something to it.
That's what I mean by discreet, slieght of hand is required so that it never becomes obvious you are inserting the poison.
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 09:12   #40
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Unlikely? To quote Stew quoting BB "A huge production team of over 150 people is needed to make the Big Brother TV shows". Have you ever seen a film set, it's a lot messier than the pretty views that get presented on TV. There will be maintenance areas at the very least, spaces that non BB members need access to so they can run all the equipment. Not to mention the thousands of cables and other assorted things running all over the place to support the cameras & lighting. If you live in the house 24/7, you're going to become pretty damn familier with the surroundings, in particular the schedule and rostering of crew members. It is likely however that such areas have guards posted to keep the contestants from entering, but people are a lot easier to fool than camera equipment is.
Have you ever actually seen the Big Brother House, or in fact Big Brother for that matter? You don't seem to have the faintest idea what it's like.

Quote:
That's what I mean by discreet, slieght of hand is required so that it never becomes obvious you are inserting the poison.
Sleight of hand works with a live audience. When someone can replay the event in slow-motion from several different angles your actions will be blatantly obvious.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 13:01   #41
Tomkat

How about if we went with the "10 in the bed" theory again.

While they were asleep with the duvet over them.

You just put a pillow over their face.

If there was minimal struggle, that would work wouldn't it...?
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 15:11   #42
djbass
mmm.. pills

Quote:
Have you ever actually seen the Big Brother House, or in fact Big Brother for that matter? You don't seem to have the faintest idea what it's like.
Which one in particular? The UK version, the American version, the Aussie version or god knows how many other incarnations there are of that bloody house out there. Actually no I've not seen specifically the UK Big Brother house, but I have seen the Aussie one. One house built onto a live stage/studio backend surrounded by acres and acres of land on some private property somewhere. I also wish I could say I'd never seen Big Brother, but its infestation of TV makes it impossible. Actually I enjoyed the first season of it, but like most reality shows the concept gets old fast. Now to pose the same question, have you? and if you have, was it just on TV, have you been to the house? as part of the audience that only get a sheltered view of the stage? Don't be fooled into thinking it's just a plain-jane house out in the suburbs somewhere, it's a specially built studio designed to look like a house. Yes it is in concept a house, but that's not its function.

Quote:
Sleight of hand works with a live audience. When someone can replay the event in slow-motion from several different angles your actions will be blatantly obvious.
Err.. no. Some of our best magicians make a living out of doing just this. It wouldn't be good slieght of hand if you could pick it up on camera.
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 15:28   #43
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

er, ours is a great big enclosure somewhere in London (Battersea? I have a feeling it's Battersea) and it doesn't look much like a house except it is. The only time members of staff are visible to the housemates are evictions.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 16:55   #44
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
er, ours is a great big enclosure somewhere in London (Battersea? I have a feeling it's Battersea) and it doesn't look much like a house except it is.
It's in a Tesco car park in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 17:35   #45
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
Which one in particular? The UK version, the American version, the Aussie version or god knows how many other incarnations there are of that bloody house out there. Actually no I've not seen specifically the UK Big Brother house, but I have seen the Aussie one. One house built onto a live stage/studio backend surrounded by acres and acres of land on some private property somewhere. I also wish I could say I'd never seen Big Brother, but its infestation of TV makes it impossible. Actually I enjoyed the first season of it, but like most reality shows the concept gets old fast. Now to pose the same question, have you? and if you have, was it just on TV, have you been to the house? as part of the audience that only get a sheltered view of the stage? Don't be fooled into thinking it's just a plain-jane house out in the suburbs somewhere, it's a specially built studio designed to look like a house. Yes it is in concept a house, but that's not its function.
I won't bother answering this, as it's already been pointed out to you that you don't know what you're talking about.

Quote:
Err.. no. Some of our best magicians make a living out of doing just this. It wouldn't be good slieght of hand if you could pick it up on camera.
I would have thought it was obvious that being filmed on a stage performing a trick, knowing exactly where the cameras are and what they can see, and being filmed from random angles by hidden cameras are two completely different situations, but obviously not.
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 17:52   #46
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
It's in a Tesco car park in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire.
really? okay. it's about time borehamwood had something nice i suppose.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 12:02   #47
djbass
mmm.. pills

Quote:
I won't bother answering this, as it's already been pointed out to you that you don't know what you're talking about.
Your not supposed to, not unless you actually have a point at least.

Quote:
I would have thought it was obvious that being filmed on a stage performing a trick, knowing exactly where the cameras are and what they can see, and being filmed from random angles by hidden cameras are two completely different situations, but obviously not.
Am I sounding like a broken record yet? A good slieght of hand will not be noticed whether on live TV, recorded or two feet infront of someones face, that is the point of the excercise. I get the idea that you're confusing misdirection with slieght of hand. In a misdirection you focus the viewer attention away from the action, which if filmed could easily be replayed so as to study the area that wasn't being observed. A slieght of hand involves performing a hidden or inconspicous movement in plain sight so as it can't be determined that you are actually doing anything that wasn't expected.