User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 10 Mar 2013, 16:48   #51
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: not-quite-JBG's r51 stats

It would be nice if you guys could, you know, exemplify and substantiate your claims.
Unread 10 Mar 2013, 17:13   #52
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Defensive stats to encourage people to play well.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2013, 17:21   #53
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Not really mz, Defensive stats allow people to play afk. Because attacking isnt as important and all you have to do is send def when ally sms's you. If you log on when you wake up in morning build ships/init you'll do fine. Active stats are attack stats where your better off looking for targets to hit and not just wait for your ally to call you for defense.
Unread 10 Mar 2013, 17:25   #54
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Defensive stats to stop ND from winning another.
Improved version of your statement

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2013, 21:27   #55
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I kind of feel etd should be more open to xan fi. Make lancer init 6?
Unread 10 Mar 2013, 22:54   #56
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've been having requests for Etd to lose a pod and gain a cargo ship. I said no. Too big a change. However, I am considering removing the cloak from one of their Fr ships (No particular preference as to which one, so I'm open to suggestions) and will probably nerf the effs on some more of their ships.

I'll be doing the Zik eff changes I described earlier, but not the Bucc change. Tomorrow.

Isil: Pulsars can deal with Lancers.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 11 Mar 2013, 00:46   #57
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
It would be nice if you guys could, you know, exemplify and substantiate your claims.
Tbh in the company we are keeping here in this thread we shouldnt have too. Anyone with half a brain looking at these stats will go 'ETD is feckin OP, now lets see if i can counter it'. 10 mins go by and the answer is 'No i cant, ill go ETD then'

In regards to the comments about this being a defensive set of stats, any stat set where you can target every incomming ship with every race with 3 ships that work as a viable fleet build (it doesnt matter if its t2 it still causes value loss and helps as a base for defence) is bad for PA. It promotes laziness in defending cos it ends up being a 1-2 fleet cover for any basic incomming except a lolwave, it kills activity long term as attacks will dry up with their being no good targets to land once all the cats have been roided to dust, it forces bigger gangbangs on alliances to get lands (something the majority of us proclaim to not like) and finally it immunifies those same old fenced galaxies who love to play the avoidance game.

MT vs ST was debated at some length a few rounds back and i beleive the general consensus was that fully MT stats were bad for the game in its current guise yet here we are now with one of the most MT sets ever made (seriously why the feck do some races need 9 fleet ships to choose from?! and why does Xan and Ter only have 8???)
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2013, 02:44   #58
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Realistically even if Kaiba is wrong having someone ranting about something being overpowered is invariably a problem. As such I'd removed the broadsword t3, which was always quite powerful in r30 and made etd planets very difficult to hit. Maybe nerf some etd de efficiencies down as well.
Unread 11 Mar 2013, 05:17   #59
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

i would like to see some changes on zik's corsair, cutlass, buccaneer, pirate and mararauder. minor effiecency tunes will do :-p As it is now, zik doesnt really need hulls 3 to cope perfectly well the entire round. The effiecency is the highest on the ships that actually do make alliance eta or have eta advantage against their targetting classes.

And if broads are to be removed t3 aswell, then i see no reason to build zik cr at all, besides if i have no other priorities in tech or already have finished it, and can selfcover by prodding cr.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2013, 09:49   #60
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Realistically even if Kaiba is wrong having someone ranting about something being overpowered is invariably a problem. As such I'd removed the broadsword t3, which was always quite powerful in r30 and made etd planets very difficult to hit. Maybe nerf some etd de efficiencies down as well.
Hmm. Works for me. The T3 doesn't really help Etd hit anything, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
And if broads are to be removed t3 aswell, then i see no reason to build zik cr at all, besides if i have no other priorities in tech or already have finished it, and can selfcover by prodding cr.
It's not strictly needed, but that's largely the point of these stats: there are many viable choices, and you're not required to do anything.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 11 Mar 2013 at 10:13.
Unread 11 Mar 2013, 10:10   #61
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full list of changes
Phantom: ERes 19 -> 22
Vsharrak: ERes 31 -> 35
Corsair: Cost 120 -> 114
Cutlass: Cost 206 -> 196
Buccanneer: Cost 450 -> 428
Thief: Cost 538 -> 512
Pirate: Cost 883 -> 841
Marauder: Cost 1064 -> 1013
Broadsword: T3 Fr -> None
Xan Fi ERes might get boosted a little further, but not much. I doubt I'll be boosting Zik any further than I just have. Etd might get another couple of small nerfs.

My next move will be looking at Emp and seeing if anything needs fixing there. However, a quick glance at the stats analysis page tells me things aren't as bad as I was at first led to believe.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 11 Mar 2013 at 10:15.
Unread 11 Mar 2013, 10:29   #62
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

should you not change the broadsword t1/t2 to de/fr otherwise you have 3 races that can def against it for zero loss

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2013, 12:29   #63
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
should you not change the broadsword t1/t2 to de/fr otherwise you have 3 races that can def against it for zero loss
By removing CR from the broadswords targetting ETD becomes hugely vulnerable to CR incs. As a result CR becomes overpowered as it then out-inits all its opponents. And has 2 races that can't stop it at all basicly (etd and xan)

My suggestion to counter this would be:
Broadsword T1 = FR, T2 = DE
Shadow T1 = DE, T2 = FR
Gryphon T1 = CR, T2 = BS

The change to the shadow is to prevent Shadows and Broadswords being a clone of eachother, and to slightly boost xan against DE incs. The Gryphon change boosts ETD anti CR as all CR target FR before DE, which makes the Gryphon good anti CR if it's flakked, but not overpowered due to the fact it is out-inited by all CR but ZIK. The gryphon change also slightly weakens etd's anti BS ability, which hurts from being out-inited by the Rogue and the Titan after the broadsword looses it's CR targetting.

Unread 11 Mar 2013, 12:37   #64
isildurx

I agree that the targeting of the gryphon should be switched if the broadsword ends up losing it's T1 = CR, but I don't see why why broads cant hit t1 = de and t2 = fr and then just change the gryph targetting and not changing anything on the shadow.
Unread 11 Mar 2013, 13:39   #65
Sn0w

Sn0w is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
try changing pillager to BS? and possibly only target FR that way its still weak on anti FR but it still has something that targets it

#aus
Sn0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2013, 13:57   #66
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

before the change bs seemed the only really viable roiding fleet for etd that didn't require a team up , as to whether shadow and broad would be too similar if you change the targeting on the broad to de/fr I don't see the problem as the defender is already similar to the beetle , so having similar ships across the races shouldn't be an issue

-Rommel
Unread 11 Mar 2013, 17:10   #67
Influence
Finally retired

ahh yeah i don't really know what i was thinking suggesting to mess with the shadow too, if you make broadsword T1=DE/T2=FR it's ok idd. (as long as you change gryphon too)

Unread 11 Mar 2013, 17:22   #68
Mzyxptlk
mz.

You're all looking at the Etd Bs fleet in a vacuum. The Co and De fleets are both viable solo fleets, and having 4 roiding fleets gives Etd almost limitless faking capabilities. In that context, I see no reason for the Bs fleet to be the powerhouse roiding fleet that it would be if I set the Broadsword to target either Fr/De or De/Fr.

(Also, I fixed my Thief ****up.)

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 11 Mar 2013 at 17:49.
Unread 11 Mar 2013, 17:40   #69
isildurx

Yeah I was thinking that too, the init of the broadsword would make it pretty imba. Etds will just have to team with xan bs, a combo that will be incredibly good.
Unread 11 Mar 2013, 17:51   #70
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Too slow.
Unread 11 Mar 2013, 18:57   #71
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Comestic thing...

Terran without Pegasus is like Sonny without Cher
Unread 11 Mar 2013, 18:57   #72
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

How about instead of Trying to Fix the broadsword you Change Scorpion to:
T1: Bs T2 Fr since bsword t1's cr and does so very well plug that hole up for etd bs but since a t2 emp eff isnt crazy it should make it so etd can atleast solo attack.
Unread 11 Mar 2013, 20:49   #73
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
You're all looking at the Etd Bs fleet in a vacuum. The Co and De fleets are both viable solo fleets, and having 4 roiding fleets gives Etd almost limitless faking capabilities. In that context, I see no reason for the Bs fleet to be the powerhouse roiding fleet that it would be if I set the Broadsword to target either Fr/De or De/Fr.

(Also, I fixed my Thief ****up.)
I was responding to gzambo's suggestion of changing broadswords targetting, and what it would lead to. Personally i don't really see ETD's CO and DE as viable solo options, but then again... i am yet to find a true viable solo option in the long run.

Unread 11 Mar 2013, 21:18   #74
isildurx

cath co
Unread 11 Mar 2013, 21:34   #75
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
I was responding to gzambo's suggestion of changing broadswords targetting, and what it would lead to. Personally i don't really see ETD's CO and DE as viable solo options, but then again... i am yet to find a true viable solo option in the long run.
I was responding to the recent posters as a group, not any specific individual post.
Unread 11 Mar 2013, 21:46   #76
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

the faking possibilitys are great with 4 classes as etd but personally I always like to see solo opportunitys for all the races , plus I'm a little nostalgic for etd rd 30 as I played them that round (according to the who we were thread my attack fleet was mainly co as I was doing big mofo fi/co attacks most of the round )
giving the broadsword fr/de or de/fr would give the etd the option of minimal value spread through 4 ships similar to the other races .
team ups with xan bs would be pretty solid mz but as I stated I feel etd bs needs to target fr in some shape to give them a soloing option as the co/fr/de don't really have that option

-Rommel
Unread 12 Mar 2013, 17:50   #77
isildurx

Anyone care to predict the race % for the round?
Unread 12 Mar 2013, 18:33   #78
Grimmy
All ya XP r belong to me

Grimmy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I am feeling either high etd/zik as they did well r30 it seems or a good split of ter/cat /zik for cr loving...Not sure if xan will number highly.
Unread 12 Mar 2013, 18:46   #79
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Ill have a pop...

I would have said a really high ETD percentage but now BS has been ruined completely i think better alliances wont pick it, but lesser one that rely more on word of mouth than actual race testing will.

From calcs i have done in beta..

Terran 15%
Cat 20%
Xan 20%
Zik 18%
ETD 27%
Unread 12 Mar 2013, 18:55   #80
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
I am feeling either high etd/zik as they did well r30 it seems or a good split of ter/cat /zik for cr loving...Not sure if xan will number highly.
Imo now...

Terran is good as a FR fort, maybe a BS partner but the other two BS races are better

Cat Co is pretty sound and the DE stacks up well but i cant see emp working well in a forted situation plus ETD DE is a real let down in calcs. CR is a good fleet but i think long term too much targets CR t1.

Xan BS rocks... very strong and cloaked, Pulsar is a pro def ship, Fi is a real let down tho, Co owns it all over the park.

Zik FR is quite nice but the other 2 FR fleets are better, Fi just gets the rough end of the deal when teamed with Co. CR fleet is quite strong but same CR issues as Cat for me personally.

ETD Co is pretty sexy, the defender is a monster ship. I like the FR fleet but it struggles to land after a while, DE is awful and overrated and BS has been destroyed in an attempt to balance race picking by the stat maker.

Personally liking Co as a teamup but i dont think Fi/Co is strong enough against emp on defence to work all round, Xan Fi is a massive let down. Not sure how my alliance or other alliances will pick their strategies, this is gonna be a seriously defensive round of PA, do i just go FR fort with Terran and init roids???
Unread 12 Mar 2013, 19:06   #81
isildurx

Hmmm yeah ter fr fortresses are hard to roid, they are seriously going to struggle to get roids last half of round though, unless they team with cat de.
Unread 12 Mar 2013, 19:57   #82
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Not sure how my alliance or other alliances will pick their strategies, this is gonna be a seriously defensive round of PA, do i just go FR fort with Terran and init roids???
If initing roids is actually a viable strategy now it's just because the standard of the playerbase is now appallingly shit. If someone told me they were doing that in r30 I would have kicked them out of ascendancy in a heartbeat.
Unread 12 Mar 2013, 20:08   #83
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
If initing roids is actually a viable strategy now it's just because the standard of the playerbase is now appallingly shit. If someone told me they were doing that in r30 I would have kicked them out of ascendancy in a heartbeat.

Im not saying its 'in the spirit of the game' but if you set yourself and your galaxy up to hold roids by using a race/fleet setup that is extremely hard to attack but maybe crappy to attack with then yes iniating is now a viable strategy. Probably better used in a fort of alliance that likes to fence out the first 700 ticks (like quite a lot do now) if you can avoid any incs of note till then you will probably be in a vastly better value/roid position than 90% of the playerbase. Shit way to play but it works in certain scenerios
Unread 12 Mar 2013, 20:24   #84
Greg
Addicted since R17

Greg has a spectacular aura aboutGreg has a spectacular aura about

so are zik gonna have just two pod class still while others have 4?what a joke considering we live with that stupid run n hide button.racism.so hard to refrain from sounding like a terrots patient.just reward cheating nxt round and be done with it
Regular member of fleet crashing club
“A man's errors are his portals of discovery.”
James Joyce
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2013, 20:48   #85
isildurx

it's not gonna be hard to steal some fico pods i reckon
Unread 12 Mar 2013, 21:34   #86
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
It was a viable strategy for some people in r48. It was a round with very defensive stats and you could sell your ships for 75% of their original cost. As an example, Cardi sold a large part of his fleet and inited to about 1200 roids. He had to leech some defense and organized his own defense. Much later during that same round, I inited to 1k (though I didn't sell my ships), barely got incs (despite having a useless fleet), and never got roided.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 12 Mar 2013 at 22:32.
Unread 13 Mar 2013, 07:10   #87
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
It's a different game now. Big planets will init 3-400 roids if they lose some (last round top10 planets: Knight init'ed from 1300 -> 1700, Mikee from 600 -> 1200 after getting roided.)
Medium sized active planets will init if they drop below 500. Everyone in an alliance might init if politics mean they won't get hit for a few days.
Big galaxies will generally encourage everyone to init to 1k. Even late starters who get roids easy are initiating to 1k.

It might have started as an Apprime thing, but at this point everyone is doing it. With 79% bonus the roidcosts are rarely above 3 days

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2013, 10:22   #88
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
It's a different game now. Big planets will init 3-400 roids if they lose some (last round top10 planets: Knight init'ed from 1300 -> 1700, Mikee from 600 -> 1200 after getting roided.)
Medium sized active planets will init if they drop below 500. Everyone in an alliance might init if politics mean they won't get hit for a few days.
Big galaxies will generally encourage everyone to init to 1k. Even late starters who get roids easy are initiating to 1k.

It might have started as an Apprime thing, but at this point everyone is doing it. With 79% bonus the roidcosts are rarely above 3 days
Checking in to say PA team do this too.
Unread 13 Mar 2013, 19:25   #89
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

So when do these get handed into appoco? so he can ruin them even more...
Unread 14 Mar 2013, 19:09   #90
Mzyxptlk
mz.

These changes were overdue. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complete list of changes
Behemoth: Dmg 12 -> 9

Viper: Arm 12 -> 13, ERes 48 -> 52, Cost 254 -> 275
Locust: Guns 16 -> 17
Black Widow: Arm 21 -> 22, ERes 66 -> 68, Cost 447 -> 468
Scarab: Arm 24 -> 27, ERes 70 -> 73, Cost 511 -> 575
Roach: Arm 30 -> 32, ERes 77 -> 78, Cost 630 -> 675
The changes to Viper, Black Widow and Roach come down to a 5% reduction in D/C, with as few side effects as I could manage. Scarab changes come down to a 10% reduction in D/C.

Behemoth steals 50 resources per point of damage, total, not each. That's 450 resources per Behemoth. They need to land 2.13 times to repay themselves.

Intentionally did not nerf Etd's EMP ships.

Stats will be final on friday, before signups open.
Unread 14 Mar 2013, 19:24   #91
Baddars
FAnG Battle Commander

Baddars is just really niceBaddars is just really niceBaddars is just really niceBaddars is just really nice

im sorry mz, but i fail to see how these stats are viable now due to your changes.

i wish the PA team would realise what a mess your making and choose a new set of stats.

people might not agree with me because they love to fort, but for a non fort player, your stats are basically making it impossible for anyone to land.
===================================================
Baddars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2013, 19:57   #92
isildurx

I'm worried about a lot of people going ter fr, if there's a low amount going them then it should be a good round.
Unread 14 Mar 2013, 20:12   #93
Baddars
FAnG Battle Commander

Baddars is just really niceBaddars is just really niceBaddars is just really niceBaddars is just really nice

with the stats, and the defensive round, whole forts will be fr based, so ter heavy.

any decent fort alliance is gonna be impossible to roid this round
===================================================
Baddars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2013, 20:33   #94
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
I'm worried about a lot of people going ter fr, if there's a low amount going them then it should be a good round.
I hadn't actually thought about doing anything about fr, but you're right. I'll add it to my to do list.
Unread 15 Mar 2013, 10:19   #95
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddars View Post
im sorry mz, but i fail to see how these stats are viable now due to your changes.

i wish the PA team would realise what a mess your making and choose a new set of stats.

people might not agree with me because they love to fort, but for a non fort player, your stats are basically making it impossible for anyone to land.
fort gals are not as hard to hit as you think you just need to think a little outside the box and move away from your comfort zone

-Rommel
Unread 15 Mar 2013, 11:31   #96
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

No alliance still plays proper forts anyway. Apprime made one then promptly disbanded it last round.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2013, 11:52   #97
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I'll check if the Harpy needs rebalancing, with its new targeting, and if there's any excessive value gain while stealing. I may(!) also nerf Ter Fr a little, and boost the Cr and/or Bs a little to compensate.

Final before signups open.
Unread 15 Mar 2013, 12:49   #98
aif
old spy

aif has a spectacular aura aboutaif has a spectacular aura about

- Harpy still does alot of dam to xan fi, but 60% eff vrs 100% does eoughf, that xan fi might be able to vaule land agian, but harpy will still be the nr 1 def agianst xan fi.

- zik would love to steal CR/bs so why change one of the Buccaneer "best def steal ship" to normal ?

-zik steal is better around 5% lower cost, but zik now allso lose vaule to the rest of the defenders, as the salavge on destroyed zik ships (used in stealing) is shared with all of the defenders. maybe add 5% more dam as well ?

- 1200 tick round, is low eoughf that cath in a good BP will be the winner ;-) if the emp is high, cath look very good, and as allways a good partner for all classes.

- etd looks strong.

- terran is terran fortress ;-) but hard to attack well.

anyway, i have not used to long looking at this as iam not playing , but if i quess now, cath or etd winner.

xan will have more top 100 the round 30, zik will have a problem in vaule. terran can allways do well, but its hard to get roids, never first pick in a galaxy unless his unit is pure anti one type.
aif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2013, 13:28   #99
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aif View Post
- 1200 tick round, is low eoughf that cath in a good BP will be the winner ;-) if the emp is high, cath look very good, and as allways a good partner for all classes.
In a round where the pods have higher E/R than the rest of the fleet, Caths are not at their best.
Unread 15 Mar 2013, 13:40   #100
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
- Harpy still does alot of dam to xan fi, but 60% eff vrs 100% does eoughf, that xan fi might be able to vaule land agian, but harpy will still be the nr 1 def agianst xan fi.
Harpy barely tickles as is. Not changing that.

Quote:
- zik would love to steal CR/bs so why change one of the Buccaneer "best def steal ship" to normal ?
I may not have posted this, but I've changed my mind on this change. Won't do it.

Quote:
-zik steal is better around 5% lower cost, but zik now allso lose vaule to the rest of the defenders, as the salavge on destroyed zik ships (used in stealing) is shared with all of the defenders. maybe add 5% more dam as well ?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
In a round where the pods have higher E/R than the rest of the fleet, Caths are not at their best.
Will check.