User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 28 Apr 2011, 20:18   #1
DerEins
Zookeeper Champion, Shape Game Champion, Space Rescue Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Super Fishing Champion, spankthemonkey Champion, Suicide Puppy Champion, Trotter Track Champion, Simon Champion

DerEins is an unknown quantity at this point
Payment for Scanners ?

maybe it would be possible to install a system where ppl can pay for the scans they get in #scans ?

I played scanner once and i know its hard work doing thousands of scans in one round...

but some ppl do them even for free in #scans from their own income....

so i think it would be only fair if thoose scanners can get paid from the scan requester for the scan.... - NO secret donation system only the costs of the scan....

just an idea....

DerEins

and yes I play Havoc

played rounds:
2-11/ 29-46 / 49 /51-53 / 55 / 60-63 / 65 / 68-82 /102....

GII - KoN - oldC19a - Factory - Xanadu - ViSioN - Osiris - ROCK - Imperia - S.P.Q.R. - Ultores - CT-Nomads-SpreadSheetWarriors-
DerEins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2011, 22:02   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Payment for Scanners ?

The market. Yep, that's a good idea. Paging Heartless to thread 199376, Heartless to 199376.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2011, 15:19   #3
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

why just the cost of the scan ? People with high amps should be able to charge more.
Unread 22 Dec 2011, 05:06   #4
tulsa
Registered Loser

tulsa will become famous soon enoughtulsa will become famous soon enough

This is a good idea. Might have to make scanning a shipless race or something to avoid cheating, but the ability to purchase scans would be quite nice.
tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2011, 14:29   #5
mathematician

mathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura about

let everyone buy a scan by paying the difference in amps.
say, if you have 30 amps and want to buy a 45-amp scan, then you pay the scan cost + 15*x (the value of x is up to discussion) and get the scan result immediately without needing a scanner.
mathematician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2011, 14:32   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Trading has the social aspect that PA thrives on. Your idea doesn't.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 23 Dec 2011, 04:16   #7
stay_posi
optimist

stay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to behold

the only way i could see this working is by having a payment link generated every time you do a scan. the scanner would then paste you the link, which would lead you to your scan after the payment went through...

which means PATeam would have to code it into the game

which means its not going to happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Your attempts to be e-cool have been noted and laughed off as terrible.
stay_posi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2012, 12:06   #8
mathematician

mathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Trading has the social aspect that PA thrives on. Your idea doesn't.
Is PA a social network or is it a war game?
mathematician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2012, 14:02   #9
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathematician View Post
Social, 100%. It's a game played almost exclusively by people who know each other, play with the same people round after round, and try their hardest to avoid actual war so as to not risk losing.
Unread 4 Jan 2012, 15:02   #10
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathematician View Post
First, PA could survive without war (as Tommy said, many people spend more time trying to avoid war than engaging in it), but not without social interaction. So much so that the most important aspect of the game (alliances) was actually an unintended side effect, with 0 support for it ingame.

Second, just because social interaction is a large part of PA doesn't mean it must therefore be a social network. While all social networks exist because of social interaction, lots of social interaction takes place outside of them.

Third, if you put me to the block, I'd have to say it's more a social network than a war game. The fact that few people seem to realise this is one of the problems with PA today. really, though, the two are not mutually exclusive, and indeed, PA could be described as both.
Unread 5 Jan 2012, 02:00   #11
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

I totally agree with Mzyxptlk on this one, the vast majority of players left in the game play mostly to hang out with their friends, the game itself is pretty boring.

Though I will say some of us do still treat it as a war game, which pisses off a lot of the folks who are trying really hard to avoid war, but is more fun than fencing all the time.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2012, 22:50   #12
Crantor
Nice to be Loved

Crantor has a little shameless behaviour in the past

The topic has really strayed from it's original intent. That said, I'd just as soon seen scanners over a certain number of amps get free scans if they belonged to the #scans.priv channel. That and the scanner would have to not be in an alliance. Thus for those few (and I mean few) people who scan merely to stay in the game to talk to friends could play without having to really play. I can't believe I said that.

Let's face up, PA is a social network using an outmoded game as the central theme to keep people busy when they aren't socializing. There are hard core who play to win, but even those people generally are here for their friends. We play to be with friends. Most players have played for many years. We grew up with PA and just didn't leave when our REAL LIFE turned truely real.

I'm no gamer, just an individual with friends all over europe due to this game. I hate to lose track of the people I know. Even the alliance I remain in is hardly a contender, it's again a social club trying to play PA. Maybe someday it will be more, but only time will tell.

All the new changes since about r29 are nice to try and lure new players but it has barely helped. PA still has a real shortage of players. Give the scanners a break. The scanners just want to be loved, and love to talk. Maybe a scan alliance funded by PA, I dunno. We aren't attracting a new player base with the current game, I can't imagine why anyone wants to keep it going, it has to be a money losing affair.

That opinion and about 30 euro will buy you a cup of coffee most places.

4D
H-A
Denial
ODDR
ROCK - FOREVER
Crantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2012, 09:35   #13
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

sorry chaps but sadly even i can kind of see several abuses of donation options in a pay for scans scenario, as nice as it would be to be able to give funds for it, someone would abuse it
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2012, 04:03   #14
tulsa
Registered Loser

Scanning is such a crucial element to the game, it just seems rediculous that this function is relegated to a support planet role. The game would be so much more playable, and the playing field we be much more level, if we could all have our own scan planets. No roids, no donations, no ships, just scanning. I wonder how hard it would be to allow signups into cluster 200 with no ability to leave?
Unread 18 Apr 2012, 01:36   #15
tulsa
Registered Loser

Really? Nobody had an opinion on allowing c200 signups for scanning? A simple solution to an old PA problem! Signup bonus, and maybe upgrade, would be all you have to spend - so distorters would still mean something and high amp scanners would still be in demand - yes, you devoted scanners would still have a reason to play and wouldn't be bothered incessantly by scan requests. And I would bet some of the retired players would give it a try (instead of being farms).
Unread 18 Apr 2012, 06:58   #16
Mzyxptlk
mz.

It's an inelegant solution.