User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 11:18   #51
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: R16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
whats the point of playing then?
It's a game. We play it for fun...
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 11:34   #52
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hude
Exilition will be playing the next REAL round.
If this is some new eastern european "Be cool and stay out" during the summer joke. Then you lose
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 11:36   #53
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzelaar
Come on Jester, there must be something witty and sarcastic you can add to that little gem?
how about "will you be playing it with REAL people?"
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 11:42   #54
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Obviously 1up members are the only people to ever have stated anything about eX only playing every other round.
How about this:
It's sad that EXilition don't have the stamina to play every round. Given their chosen style of play, it's understandable, but it's obvious that on a round by round basis, they'd never measure up.

Quote:
Come on Jester, there must be something witty and sarcastic you can add to that little gem?
You ruined it for me

Edit: But for all I care EX are now in the same group of preemptive losers with ND.
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 11:46   #55
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
How about this:
It's sad that EXilition don't have the stamina to play every round. Given their chosen style of play, it's understandable, but it's obvious that on a round by round basis, they'd never measure up.

You ruined it for me

Edit: But for all I care EX are now in the same group of preemptive losers with ND.
I now <3 you again

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 12:36   #56
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future
Re: Alliances playing r16

lol that was easy, AD is funny
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 12:38   #57
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

Quote:
How about this:

You ruined it for me

lol

yes we all deeply apoligise that we think owning 1 round playing hardcore then taking a break to live again, we will try next time to be more geek as you guys

tho we are just helping 1up a bit, giving them a chance to win a round again vs no competition and break them next round :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 12:43   #58
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN
lol

yes we all deeply apoligise that we think owning 1 round playing hardcore then taking a break to live again, we will try next time to be more geek as you guys

tho we are just helping 1up a bit, giving them a chance to win a round again vs no competition and break them next round :P
See, mazzelaar, the problem is that I don't know how to make fun of that. I mean, it's shit, it's stupid, it's illogical. How can I make fun of something I don't understand

Last edited by Banned; 30 Dec 2005 at 13:03.
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 12:44   #59
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
lol that was easy, AD is funny
Your Siggy Breaks my Heart Everytime you post.
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 12:55   #60
Rust
--==SaX==--

Rust is an unknown quantity at this point

SaX will be there
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 13:03   #61
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
See, mazzelaar, the problem is that I don't know how to make fun of that. I mean, it's shit, it's stupid, it's illogical. It would feel like kicking someone while they're down*. How can I make fun of something I don't understand

* Not that I'm opposed to said action.
just dont bother Jester, that boy seems one of most brainless guys and he doesnt even realize it. even if you would understand that the effort would be to much to make fun out of it
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 13:20   #62
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
See, mazzelaar, the problem is that I don't know how to make fun of that. I mean, it's shit, it's stupid, it's illogical. How can I make fun of something I don't understand
The good thing about max is that no-one needs to comment on it. The level of arrogance, stupidity and chronic shitness all comes out of it's own accord. Posts that wank just cannot be mocked

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 13:36   #63
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
The good thing about max is that no-one needs to comment on it. The level of arrogance, stupidity and chronic shitness all comes out of it's own accord. Posts that wank just cannot be mocked
Yet you had to comment it?
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 13:41   #64
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Yet you had to comment it?
No, as you can see I was commenting on banneds post as can be easily noticed by the fact I quoted him and not Max.

Quote:
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 13:43   #65
-=Yggdra=-
Jack In The Box

-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about

There is an easy answer to the question why eXilition ain't going to play: Because Kaifux ain't going to play. None of our members would so "disrespectful" (defenitly wrong word for it but couldn't think of another one) to say "Ok, if Kaifux ain't going to be HC of eX for this round I will be HC.". I won't be going as far as saying that Kaifux is eXilition but that's the way it is. Most of our members will be playing round 15.5. Whether as member of Angels, 1up or ND or as leader of a new alliance (no new Skyhead jokes. I think he learned his lesson ) doesn't matter. They just won't be playing as eXilition members.

Besides, I think mazz is only pissed because now he won't be able to post his first post of round 15.5 that he already wrote down weeks ago: "We have 5500 planets at tick start. Too bad this doesn't mean we have new players as 3000 of those planets are eXilition's dogs, cats, mothers, friends etc."
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 13:53   #66
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Yggdra=-
Besides, I think mazz is only pissed because now he won't be able to post his first post of round 15.5 that he already wrote down weeks ago: "We have 5500 planets at tick start. Too bad this doesn't mean we have new players as 3000 of those planets are eXilition's dogs, cats, mothers, friends etc."

As much as I know you love to quote me I think you'll be hard put during this thread to find me making any kind of comment regarding eXilition playing the upcoming round and whether I think thats a negative. Well done on being a troll though.

Quote:
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 14:04   #67
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

Quote:
There is an easy answer to the question why eXilition ain't going to play: Because Kaifux ain't going to play. None of our members would so "disrespectful" (defenitly wrong word for it but couldn't think of another one) to say "Ok, if Kaifux ain't going to be HC of eX for this round I will be HC.". I won't be going as far as saying that Kaifux is eXilition but that's the way it is. Most of our members will be playing round 15.5. Whether as member of Angels, 1up or ND or as leader of a new alliance (no new Skyhead jokes. I think he learned his lesson ) doesn't matter. They just won't be playing as eXilition members.
Sad but true.

On a side note, whoever gets to borrow the most eX players will have a nice upperhand next round for sure.

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Šragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 14:13   #68
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardking
Sad but true.

On a side note, whoever gets to borrow the most eX players will have a nice upperhand next round for sure.
We've already turned some down

Quote:
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 14:19   #69
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

Quote:
We've already turned some down
Couldn't blame 1up for having trust issues coming down to possible eX-recruits.

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Šragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 14:24   #70
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardking
Couldn't blame 1up for having trust issues coming down to possible eX-recruits.
Nothing to do with trust. Tt doesn't make a great deal of sense for a "top" alliance to want people in the ranks who are only going to be there til something else comes along. This isn't something to build a winning team on and to encourage continuity and teamwork.

Quote:
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 14:32   #71
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

gone through all the current shit to extract the "alliance X is playing" posts

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 14:45   #72
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

im arrogant, then what would we call chief 1up monkey then? mazzelaar you cry on this boards always, you only post anti eX and your brains arent capable of understanding that there is a better alliance.

eX takes a break, eX hc dont got time to lead, eX members want RL after 1 hardcore round. you can cry forever about it but nothing will change it, go proof yourself next round against Angels. should be nice match for both alliances who just played to witchhunt eX

Quote:
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 14:58   #73
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
im arrogant
I'm glad we agree on something.

Quote:
then what would we call chief 1up monkey then?
It's chimp, can you not even read?

Quote:
mazzelaar you cry on this boards always, you only post anti eX and your brains arent capable of understanding that there is a better alliance.
I'm fairly sure I haven't "cried" anywhere. Nothing more than put my opinion accross unlike you who has no ability other than to flame, whinge, shout about how great you are, tell others how shit they are and generally just be an overtly annoying individual.

Quote:
eX takes a break, eX hc dont got time to lead, eX members want RL after 1 hardcore round. you can cry forever about it but nothing will change it, go proof yourself next round against Angels. should be nice match for both alliances who just played to witchhunt eX

witch-hunt also witch hunt (wchhnt)
n.

An investigation carried out ostensibly to uncover subversive activities but actually used to harass and undermine those with differing views.

I'd say thats a perfect description of the attitude of eX towards anyone who might have a point of view differering from thier own.

Quote:
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 15:00   #74
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
lol

I wonder. What do you do when you 'have lives', as opposed to when you are playing planetarion?

Is there some sort of PA hibernation going on in the east that you arent letting the rest of the world in on?
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 17:26   #75
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
"Hay look robin we've travelled back in time to before r9.5 and the positions have been reversed." "Holy radioactive ninjas batman but so we have!"

Any round which PAteam have deemed to count as a round of PA counts as a real round regardless of who plays, how long it lasts, how much it costs to play and whether or not xandrathii will be horribly overpowered that round. It's perfectly fine that exilition doesn't play when kaifux doesn't play as the leader of that alliance (after all didn't fury leave when nobody from c7r was left or something). I can well imagine how time-consuming it is for him. I am sure that he also realises, given his obvious deep strategic understanding of the way alliances work, how politically advantageous it is for exilition to alternate rounds. That said if exilition managed to win the next round they played I'd be so surprised my face would look like :eek: that. No alliance has ever managed to win three rounds in a row (which is effectively what they'd be going for) and given the amount of effective time for preparation that everyone else will have I'd say it's only slightly more likely than my cat spontaneously sprouting wings and winning a race with a beam of light from here to neptune.
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 18:31   #76
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
There is an easy answer to the question why eXilition ain't going to play: Because Kaifux ain't going to play.
What, does only he have the VNC passwords?

HO HO HO :xmas:
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 22:15   #77
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

not sure about 1up but dont think Angels will take any ex exil player as it would only weaken angels.
Also i dont see much point for the 3 new alliances that will play to take them and lose them after round.

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 22:19   #78
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
"Hay look robin we've travelled back in time to before r9.5 and the positions have been reversed." "Holy radioactive ninjas batman but so we have!"

Any round which PAteam have deemed to count as a round of PA counts as a real round regardless of who plays, how long it lasts, how much it costs to play and whether or not xandrathii will be horribly overpowered that round. It's perfectly fine that exilition doesn't play when kaifux doesn't play as the leader of that alliance (after all didn't fury leave when nobody from c7r was left or something). I can well imagine how time-consuming it is for him. I am sure that he also realises, given his obvious deep strategic understanding of the way alliances work, how politically advantageous it is for exilition to alternate rounds. That said if exilition managed to win the next round they played I'd be so surprised my face would look like :eek: that. No alliance has ever managed to win three rounds in a row (which is effectively what they'd be going for) and given the amount of effective time for preparation that everyone else will have I'd say it's only slightly more likely than my cat spontaneously sprouting wings and winning a race with a beam of light from here to neptune.
Except the vital flaw here is that it is NOT three rounds in a row. By alternating rounds, eXilition can avoid the typical "hard" round straight after a win - then when they 'rejoin' they're past actions bear little relevance to the politics of that age.

This is one of the reasons why 1up's win was historic in PA as it managed to win two rounds in direct sequence to eachother without 'sharing' the victory like past blocks that won round after round.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 22:46   #79
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Except the vital flaw here is that it is NOT three rounds in a row. By alternating rounds, eXilition can avoid the typical "hard" round straight after a win - then when they 'rejoin' they're past actions bear little relevance to the politics of that age.

This is one of the reasons why 1up's win was historic in PA as it managed to win two rounds in direct sequence to eachother without 'sharing' the victory like past blocks that won round after round.
haha historic, what competition did you face?

lets be honest now, whenever ex plays 1up barely makes it to top 5, dont call it historic because you face NEWBS, yes thats what i think. pax had few organised alliances, one of them was 1up which was clearly better then others.

sorry my alliance played against yours, and we won twice obviously. many of us never understood the 1up hype as we were new to pax, so our conclusion is you had noob competition that gave you the easy win. we took that away from you

the last and only thing 1up can say is "we won more rounds in a row", yes eX can go play another game and win 5rounds in a row, with the same competition 1up had in those rounds.

mighty

Quote:
Apprime
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 23:00   #80
Banned
Banned

Quote:
haha historic, what competition did you face?
The same one you face.

Quote:
lets be honest now, whenever ex plays 1up barely makes it to top 5, dont call it historic because you face NEWBS, yes thats what i think. pax had few organised alliances, one of them was 1up which was clearly better then others.
Logical fallacy.

Quote:
sorry my alliance played against yours, and we won twice obviously. many of us never understood the 1up hype as we were new to pax, so our conclusion is you had noob competition that gave you the easy win. we took that away from you
Non sequitor.

Quote:
the last and only thing 1up can say is "we won more rounds in a row", yes eX can go play another game and win 5rounds in a row, with the same competition 1up had in those rounds.
Logical fallacy/bragging/boasting. Get Kaifux to HC EX for 2 rounds in a row and come again please. What's that you say? RL or smth. Sid and mazz both held real life jobs for both r11 and 12, and were the only HC 1up had.

Shut up or put up bitch.
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 23:30   #81
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

hehe same competition we faced you say. i dont believe there were 1up calibre alliances those "elite" rounds 11 and 12 or? or maybe 1up won as easy against those alliances as eXi won against your newb alliance?

atleast i can say we've never lost to 1up, so yes i believe it was just a hype or playing against sucky enemies.

yes compare sid/mazz RL with kaifux when leading his alliance 2 times to victory in the most tense rounds of pax with biggest competition. every person can know those previous rounds were nothing compared to the last rounds, or you telling me that latest rounds didnt had so much competition? because i still believe we burried 1up 6feet under both rounds we played

and no need to compare monkeyboy and sid with kaifux imo, kaifux beat both of you it seemed in those rounds as only hc . more rounds in a row mean donkeyshit, you lost eod.

Quote:
Apprime
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 23:34   #82
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

the only joke here is you maximillian, and a poor one at that
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 23:35   #83
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
the only joke here is you maximillian, and a poor one at that
hmm yes, every time someone post against 1up, mister fanboy comes to the rescue.

****off noob

Quote:
Apprime
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 23:39   #84
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
hmm yes, every time someone post against 1up, mister fanboy comes to the rescue.

****off noob
everytime someone posts something against exilition, mr flameboy comes to the rescue to further bury their public image

remarkable how easy it is to turn things around to point back at you , you know
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 23:42   #85
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
everytime someone posts something against exilition, mr flameboy comes to the rescue to further bury their public image

remarkable how easy it is to turn things around to point back at you , you know
public image?

oh yes insomnia and 1up have such good public image, the rankings showed us that

Quote:
Apprime
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 23:43   #86
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Comparing 1up and Exilition is pretty simple.

1up, play round after round after round. Quite simply, you get tired, however hard you play.

Not only this, but when they win, they get the rap for it the round after.

1up are made up of players who have been round the block (like most of the playerbase) who quite frankly, don't think it's worth it to play with a massive intensity.

Exilition are the most dedicated and intense alliance in the game.

1up are probably the most tactically incisive alliance in terms of attacking in the game.

In my view, Exilition are about 10 rounds too late. This game is in a phase where now we play to a manageable level, simply because the majority of us know it's not worth it if you are going to play round after round after round. If you want to play to the intensity you do, no-one is going to stop you. Great alliances in planetarion are successful round after round or they are quite simply, groundbreaking in their attitude towards the game. Exilition simply manage to get a bunch of people together to be very active over 2 months. 2 or 3 years ago you'ld have been the talk of the town, now it looks more like an unnatural obsession.

In fairness to MaX, 1up won round 14 which had the poorest standard of play that i've seen in PA. However, they won r11 by a good deal of fighting and an excellent divide and conquer strategy, then won round 12 by making LCH (who were at that time, pretty good) effectively give up. Which i think is far more impressive than any of exi's achievements. Exilition have won 2 rounds where 1up were deeply unpopular and just rode in when it was ideal for a strike alliance such as them to bomb out 1up, simply because 1up were so isolated. On top of that, exi were fresh. Where 1up shade Exilition is not only in the fact that seem to use their noggin more than sheer brute force, but in the fact that they turn up when they're due to get beat, while exi just run for the hills and take a rest.
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 23:52   #87
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

****off noob
cant you atleast try to post in a way which is mature ? i mean acting like a 12yo doesnt help you alot...

no offense if you are 12 years old - than its more the fault of others who allow you to post your bullshit.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 23:53   #88
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Quote:
public image?

oh yes insomnia and 1up have such good public image, the rankings showed us that
How do rankings relate to public image?
Does f-crew, for example, have a bad image because they are of a low rank? No.
You sir, are an idiot and a troll.
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 23:58   #89
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by veX
Does f-crew, for example, have a bad image because they are of a low rank?
indeed, f-crew is one of those who have a good public image because they work for the benefit of the whole game, rather then just themselves.
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 00:15   #90
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by veX
Does f-crew, for example, have a bad image because they are of a low rank? No.
You sir, are an idiot and a troll.

and who the **** cares about public image when this game is about rankings.

public image, 70% of ppl that post here are either 1up or ppl suck on 1up ass, this is a netgame not the oscar awards. i dont care how you type your fancy sentences on this boards, it doesnt bring you far. this game is about winning eod

and phil, you have been 1up flak since for ever, your head is just too far in that 1up bootie, it doesnt matter what we say. go idolise your sucky heros and stop making me waste my time on you

Quote:
Apprime
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 00:23   #91
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
an alliances public image directly affects the political choices it can make, of course you being an imbociele i dont expect you to understand such 'advanced' topics

please, stop wasting everyone elses time by posting such utter drivel, leave any comments from your alliance to those who have a clue, and can post without sounding like theyve just come from kindergarten
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 00:25   #92
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

I for one are happy to lose EX cos they only make this game look stupid.
If they aren’t accused of mass cheating they are making PA rules change (was that cheating as well?)

Alliances who take them in will be on the edge of getting ”cheaters” in their ranks and who will take that big of a chance?
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 00:25   #93
Banned
Banned

Quote:
hehe same competition we faced you say. i dont believe there were 1up calibre alliances those "elite" rounds 11 and 12 or? or maybe 1up won as easy against those alliances as eXi won against your newb alliance?
I understand that Kaifux is taking a round off tbh, beating all 8 of zz-crew must've taken a lot out of you.
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 00:26   #94
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

I never said PA was about public image, I just said that there was no relation between it and ranking, using f-crew as an example.

Start posting sense.
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 00:38   #95
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

public image, 70% of ppl that post here are either 1up or ppl suck on 1up ass, this is a netgame not the oscar awards. i dont care how you type your fancy sentences on this boards, it doesnt bring you far. this game is about winning eod

and phil, you have been 1up flak since for ever, your head is just too far in that 1up bootie, it doesnt matter what we say. go idolise your sucky heros and stop making me waste my time on you
This to me shows you have little understanding of the game - the win for various alliances have been tarnished by their image. How an alliance conducts itself and how it appears will leave a lasting mark upon many.

Attempting to compare Kaifux to Sid is really rather amusing also.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 00:46   #96
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
This to me shows you have little understanding of the game - the win for various alliances have been tarnished by their image. How an alliance conducts itself and how it appears will leave a lasting mark upon many.
Elysium round 10.5 and FAnG round 11. I had no part in either of these alliances, but from the opinions I got from people at the time, the methods of their victory the round before certainly led to a lot of bad blood... and therefore public image may have led to greater pressure on them and facilitated their collapse.

And, for instance, NoS' round 13 escapades led to a lot of bad blood amongst ND. Their public image as seen by ND members led to a great desire to smash them in round 14*. Unfortunately, they seemed to collapse of their own accord. If they hadn't, the image they had presented publically in round 13 would certainly have damaged their chances at a better ranking in round 14...

So in summary, I agree with Zhil.

*ND obviously does whatever is best for ND, but in an environment where we were running out of targets and too small to join either side in the conflict without being a simple peon, revenge would have made those roids so much sweeter.
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 00:54   #97
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Max, AD is all about public image. In fact, it's the one part of Planetarion where it really does matter.

You fail to understand the concept of public image as opposed to in-game image.

Quote:
public image?

So Insomnia have a bad public image because they folded mid-round? Bollocks. In fact they've always been pretty highly regarded, but have just been fairly unlucky with their command stability.

1up's poor public image in some places is more related to their Fury remnants rather than their own actions, so I see little need to address that.

The game is essentially about rankings: in that, you are indeed correct. But a round is still only one round, and a great alliance will dominate a period of Planetarion. Concordium and Blue Tuba dominated Rounds 1 and 2. Fury and Legion dominated Rounds 3-7, even if they didn't always win. No alliance truly dominated after that time for quite a while - no alliance set the marker, the standard to play at. When we look back on the recent rounds, 1up will probably have dominated since Round 11. They set the marker, and were the first alliance to play 'professionally'.

If eXilition don't play consecutive rounds, I think that they'll be looked back on similarly to Xanadu, LDK and perhaps FAnG. All were powerful forces (admit it) at the time, but weren't exactly ground-breakers. eXil have won every round in which they played, but you haven't actually played many rounds. All you did was to catch up with 1up, and then beat them amid some tricky political situations.

Let's play a round like Round 14, which had no blocks to speak of. If you win then you'll be awarded the accolades you deserve. If you don't, then well played but you won't go down in history as the aforementioned alliances will.
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 00:59   #98
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Elysium round 10.5 and FAnG round 11. I had no part in either of these alliances, but from the opinions I got from people at the time, the methods of their victory the round before certainly led to a lot of bad blood... and therefore public image may have led to greater pressure on them and facilitated their collapse.
They also didn't repeatedly win rounds - perennial losers, in fact, until their isolated victories. And I assume you mean Ely round 10 and FAnG round 10.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
And, for instance, NoS' round 13 escapades led to a lot of bad blood amongst ND. Their public image as seen by ND members led to a great desire to smash them in round 14*. Unfortunately, they seemed to collapse of their own accord. If they hadn't, the image they had presented publically in round 13 would certainly have damaged their chances at a better ranking in round 14...

*ND obviously does whatever is best for ND, but in an environment where we were running out of targets and too small to join either side in the conflict without being a simple peon, revenge would have made those roids so much sweeter.
<VGN BC> Damn, we're out of decent targets. furball, my god and idol*, what should we do to bulk things up?
<furball> Add in a few NoS, that'll teach them for being twats in Round 13!

True story.

* May not be true.
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 01:06   #99
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Comparing 1up and Exilition is pretty simple.

1up, play round after round after round. Quite simply, you get tired, however hard you play.

1up are made up of players who have been round the block (like most of the playerbase) who quite frankly, don't think it's worth it to play with a massive intensity.

Exilition are the most dedicated and intense alliance in the game.

1up are probably the most tactically incisive alliance in terms of attacking in the game.

In my view, Exilition are about 10 rounds too late. This game is in a phase where now we play to a manageable level, simply because the majority of us know it's not worth it if you are going to play round after round after round. If you want to play to the intensity you do, no-one is going to stop you. Great alliances in planetarion are successful round after round or they are quite simply, groundbreaking in their attitude towards the game. Exilition simply manage to get a bunch of people together to be very active over 2 months. 2 or 3 years ago you'ld have been the talk of the town, now it looks more like an unnatural obsession.

In fairness to MaX, 1up won round 14 which had the poorest standard of play that i've seen in PA. However, they won r11 by a good deal of fighting and an excellent divide and conquer strategy, then won round 12 by making LCH (who were at that time, pretty good) effectively give up. Which i think is far more impressive than any of exi's achievements. Exilition have won 2 rounds where 1up were deeply unpopular and just rode in when it was ideal for a strike alliance such as them to bomb out 1up, simply because 1up were so isolated. On top of that, exi were fresh. Where 1up shade Exilition is not only in the fact that seem to use their noggin more than sheer brute force, but in the fact that they turn up when they're due to get beat, while exi just run for the hills and take a rest.
If PA isn't about hardcore gaming then I dunno what is, cudos to 1up for sustaining every round since r11 at the level they have done so, when we're near approaching r16. ; o )

I'll wish you more incs for r16 then in r14, and good luck : - )
(1up not ND ; )

"Veni, Vidi, Dormivi" - I came, I saw, I slept.
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 01:10   #100
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

First off, I hope you don't mind that I edited some of your post content to make your 1up vs. eX comparision easier to address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken

Yeah, any alliance would tire after round after round playing. I think (and the same notion has been expressed to be from many 1up members) that the 1up or r11 isn't the 1up of r15. 1up round 11 was a much more dedicated and "hardcore" (if you will) alliance than the 1up of round 15. Strictly speaking, the 1up of r15 isn't up to the standards of the previous batch of players. This isn't an insult at all to 1up, as you guys are a very nice bunch of players.

Can you explain how 1up get the rap for it round after round? Do you honestly beleive that in round 15, the top competitiors for the 1st rank all underestimated eXilition? Do you beleive that any group of people (looking at the predictions thread) underestimated eX or somehow didn't give them the "rap" for their performance in round 13? In fact I knew a lot of sentiments from people who fought eXilition in round 13, whereas they had stronger anti-eX feelings than they've ever had from any alliance winning a round. Nobody underestimated eX at the start of the round, so saying we don't get the "rap" for our prior performance is silly. Only people who don't get it are people who joined the game during the round taken off.

1up *are* made of players from around the block, whereas eXilition is a more stable group of the same people. 1up's recruitment system recruits the officer base and high command base of various alliances round-after-round. They take in officers and higher up from the rest of the playerbase and have been doing so for rounds. eXilition on the other hand has an officerbase which doesn't do this each round, and therefore takes rounds in between to rest.

In my opinion, eXilition are a "great alliance" (but, ofcourse, I'm biased). The approach to the game *is* "groundbreaking in our attitude towards the game." The intensity of round 13 and round 15 are two of the most *exciting*, fulid-poitically, aggresive, and most fun rounds of PAX. Compared to the other rounds of PAX, I would only compare round 11 (which wasn't nearly as fluid or fun as r15) as being close.

Thanks for saying our playing-style is an unatural obsession. That made my day.

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
Closed Thread