User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 21 Mar 2006, 03:01   #1
DrNick
Land Based Biped

DrNick is infamous around these partsDrNick is infamous around these partsDrNick is infamous around these parts
Crazy house mate

I live in a house with 7 other people. People come and go every couple of months and this new guy has moved in. Today he theatened to beat me up and trash my car because my 'friends' and I were trying to break into his room. At the time I was sat downstairs watching tv in the living room on my own. He seems to be going a bit mad and I'm not sure what to do about it. I've told my land lord but any advice about dealing with people with delusions would be good. Should my invisible buddies hide when he comes round?
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 05:31   #2
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of
Re: Crazy house mate

You should have had more sex with him
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 05:32   #3
_RATM_
Loves you with mouth

_RATM_ is infamous around these parts_RATM_ is infamous around these parts

Is he on the lease?
If not, just kick him out and hope he's not the vengeful type*.

*Bullet proof windows are a must if he is
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 07:45   #4
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Break into his room then trash his car.
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 08:18   #5
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Drive your car into his room. Then set it all on fire.
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 08:48   #6
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

One time, when he is in the shower, do a sneak attack and shove your thumb in his bum.
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 13:02   #7
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

he sounds like someone who has developed schizophrenia as a result of too much drug use. he's probably going to attack you at some point, so do something first.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 13:30   #8
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

A pre-emptive strike is rarely a bad idea.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 13:32   #9
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

sorry, i have to get this out of my system, everytime i see this thread title i think

'crazy horses'

and a 'NEEEIGGHHH NEIIGGHHH' travels down my spine and makes me shudder
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 13:46   #10
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yo man split a blunt with him then you both will be all like "weeeee" and then you'll be niggaz4lyfe.
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 14:01   #11
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

When he is in his room bolt it shut from the outside. Job done.
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 14:08   #12
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

if you went in my room i'd kill you
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 14:21   #13
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Kaisto is an unknown quantity at this point

If he is a pothead, and has been so for a while, then he might very well have paranoid delusions. Observe him and watch for signs other than that one time event, if you find them....Well, kick him out.
Not very nice, but as he might actually be/become a threat to you and your other flatmates, better loose him and let him be someone else's problem
Kaisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 14:37   #14
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Hehe, well, there is such a thing as being subtle about it
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 14:48   #15
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisto
If he is a pothead, and has been so for a while, then he might very well have paranoid delusions. Observe him and watch for signs other than that one time event, if you find them....Well, kick him out.
Not very nice, but as he might actually be/become a threat to you and your other flatmates, better loose him and let him be someone else's problem
You make it sound as if being a pothead is a pre-requisite for having paranoid delusions

not so. In fact no one even mentioned pot in this thread before me, and my post was utterly worthless.

I don't like your attitude son.
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 15:07   #16
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

If you look at my post, the first word is "IF", then it says that he "MIGHT" have paranoid delusions.
Being a pothead does quite often have the side effect that after a while, the user becomes increasingly paranoid.
I do not have an attitude as such towards it, this is scientific evidence. I beg you pardon if I came across as having something personal against potheads.
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 15:09   #17
Embroglio

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

i dont like you
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 15:11   #18
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Sigh, like I care...If you do not believe me, try googling for paranoia and smoking pot, that should give u several articles
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 15:18   #19
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Sigh, like I care...If you do not believe me, try googling for paranoia and smoking pot, that should give u several articles
I can google for "holocaust denial" and get slightly more articles.
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 15:26   #20
Embroglio

Quote:
how would that make me like you?
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 15:38   #21
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embroglio
how would that make me like you?
It wouldn't I'm afraid It would only give a few pointers as to what to look for in that rather worrying flatmate mentioned
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 15:42   #22
Embroglio

holocasut denial?
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 15:56   #23
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Yes I have often found the best way to find out if someone is paranoid is to watch them constantly.
that would be pretty ironic.

Unread 21 Mar 2006, 15:57   #24
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
not so. In fact no one even mentioned pot in this thread before me, and my post was utterly worthless.
I implied it.

Unread 21 Mar 2006, 16:19   #25
DrNick
Land Based Biped

DrNick is infamous around these partsDrNick is infamous around these partsDrNick is infamous around these parts

He's not a pot head, he's some 50 year old guy who's just split up with his wife. I think he's having a nervous breakdown. Today he shouted downstairs "what's the time" twice, I told him but I don't see why he needs me to tell him the time. He probably heard me buttering my crumpets (yes I eat crumpets) and thought he'd best check who I was or something.

Do you think he would respond to a request that he sees a professional about his paranoid delusions, or will that be like waving a red flag at a bull.
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 16:31   #26
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Most likely you would get a "Go **** yourself" as a response, but you could always try... He might just break down in tears in front of you
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 16:35   #27
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm very concerned about this situation.

When DrNick is murdered, how will we know in order to celebrate?
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 18:52   #28
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
I'm very concerned about this situation.

When DrNick is murdered, how will we know in order to celebrate?
wouldn't the fact he'd stopped posting be cause enough?
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 18:55   #29
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Yeah he sounds paranoid.

Tell him to bring it, and then wait in your room sitting in a rocking chair with a gun drinking coffee by the spoonfull.

Also he might try to poison your food so put every item food in seperate tupperware boxes and mark it with a single hair. If any of the hairs are broken then you know he did it.

And stop shaving and wear odd clothes combinations, and mutter under your breath using the accent of a grizzled prospecter from the old west.

That will throw him off.

THEY DONT HAVE GUNS IN [insert country here(except USA)]
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 18:57   #30
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
It wouldn't I'm afraid It would only give a few pointers as to what to look for in that rather worrying flatmate mentioned
You're even getting on MY nerves now.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 20:37   #31
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
If you look at my post, the first word is "IF", then it says that he "MIGHT" have paranoid delusions.
Being a pothead does quite often have the side effect that after a while, the user becomes increasingly paranoid.
I do not have an attitude as such towards it, this is scientific evidence. I beg you pardon if I came across as having something personal against potheads.
I'm not saying there isn't a link, I said it wasn't a prerequisite. I think you will find most people who have paranoid delusions are not smoking pot!

Some do, and certain studies have shown it increases the risks... but that's it.

I was more against the attitude shown in your post and what it implied rather than any factual errors.
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 20:53   #32
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNick
I live in a house with 7 other people. People come and go every couple of months and this new guy has moved in. Today he theatened to beat me up and trash my car because my 'friends' and I were trying to break into his room. At the time I was sat downstairs watching tv in the living room on my own. He seems to be going a bit mad and I'm not sure what to do about it. I've told my land lord but any advice about dealing with people with delusions would be good. Should my invisible buddies hide when he comes round?
Best way to deal with it is to sneak into his room and move stuff, usually only a couple of inches from where they were originally is best. If he isn't paranoid now, then he will be soon.

Also use his sponge/facecloth to clean your arse when you shower.

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote