User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 Oct 2005, 13:29   #1
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
How to beat Websense

Im in work , i need access to my emails regarding a birthday present for my other half , and websense blocks hotmail & all other web based emails.

Can anyone find me a way through this bloody annoying little program? Shell programs?
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 13:32   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: How to beat Websense

The easiest way is usually to use a proxy site to access via (although POST requests always seem to go a bit funny, so sending mails might not be easy). However, most proxy sites are blocked via most Websense regimes (I'm having a similar problem at the moment). There are ocassionally ones which slip through - google for Web Proxy service and have a few tries.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 13:34   #3
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

http://www.snoopblocker.com

https://proxify.com

Or, software wise use something like HTTP Tunneling. Most cost etc. but you can get one freeware one which works cool.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 13:37   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Alternately, low-tech solution is simply get someone else you trust to check your mail/sites for you and forward on the relevent items by e-mail.
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 17:07   #5
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Another way is to ask someone you know to be your SSH host.
----------retired-------
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 18:10   #6
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

Have you tried silly things like adding a . after the .com
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 18:30   #7
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madina
Have you tried silly things like adding a . after the .com
No , because what Websense detects appears to be the scripts themselves , hence i can visit www.hotmail.com no problem, but itll block me if i attempt to login.

And neither of those two proxy's worked
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 19:01   #8
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Mine blocks it too. Luckily my phone can access it (and MSN Messenger too - I was so impressed!). Does your mobile have a browser?

You should really have put your work e-mail down as correspondence address if you're that worried about it
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 19:05   #9
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

As Dante said, try and get someone to be your proxy.
I had a friend who set me up a ssh account with http tunnelling enabled. I entered his details and voila, hello internet.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 21:24   #10
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why does your work give you no freedom?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 22:24   #11
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
And neither of those two proxy's worked
Make sure you untick "Remove scripts" on the proxify one (it gets past my school's websense...) and on the SnoopBlocker one, tick all the boxes should work.
----------retired-------
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 22:31   #12
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius
Why are you in work? Is it cozy?
Its an offshore centre for a major UK high street bank.

Cozy is not a word associated with it.
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 23:58   #13
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Why does your work give you no freedom?
because he is supposed to be working.
Unread 18 Oct 2005, 06:12   #14
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Err you do realise that you may be subject to disicplinary action or worse if you're caught circumventing your companies protection software.
The simplest way is to sneak into the IT managers office while he's on lunch and check the IP and Proxy setting on his machine. He'll always have everything enabled.
Unread 18 Oct 2005, 08:32   #15
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Im in work , i need access to my emails regarding a birthday present for my other half , and websense blocks hotmail & all other web based emails.

Can anyone find me a way through this bloody annoying little program? Shell programs?
gmail allows POP access. would that get round it? you'd have to set up the POP settings in the account itself though, which you would probably have to do from home, but then you can just use Thunderbird or whatever it is you use to get at the emails directly.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2005, 08:33   #16
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Even if didn't, Gmail has pretty decent auto-forwarding rules which means you can have whatever you like forwarded to an accessible account.
Unread 18 Oct 2005, 08:34   #17
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

aah yeap, now you mention it, it does. I only use the POP though. The disadvantage is that he won't be able to reply will he? and also if he needs it RIGHT NOW, he would have to let someone into his account to set things up

Unread 18 Oct 2005, 10:03   #18
Androme
☆ ♥ 

I'll login for you and tell you what's in it.
----------retired-------
Unread 18 Oct 2005, 10:16   #19
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
aah yeap, now you mention it, it does. I only use the POP though. The disadvantage is that he won't be able to reply will he? and also if he needs it RIGHT NOW, he would have to let someone into his account to set things up
He can reply and just change the reply-to e-mail address to g-mail?
Also, as the thread is about 3 days old.. :P
Unread 18 Oct 2005, 10:23   #20
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
He can reply and just change the reply-to e-mail address to g-mail?
can he? ok, I haven't looked at that to be honest.
Quote:
Also, as the thread is about 3 days old.. :P
well yesterday

Unread 18 Oct 2005, 10:28   #21
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
can he? ok, I haven't looked at that to be honest.
well, most e-mail clients let you change things like the reply-to address, if not the address it says it's being sent from too.

Quote:
well yesterday
I browse GD so much I loose all sense of time
Unread 18 Oct 2005, 11:43   #22
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
Err you do realise that you may be subject to disicplinary action or worse if you're caught circumventing your companies protection software.
Not if you're any good at your job.
Unread 18 Oct 2005, 12:33   #23
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
well, most e-mail clients let you change things like the reply-to address, if not the address it says it's being sent from too.
That'S quite clever. I never knew you could do that
Quote:
I browse GD so much I loose all sense of time

Unread 18 Oct 2005, 18:53   #24
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/index_en.html

Gets round all imposed proxies I've seen by simply encrypting and then passing requests to a server in Germany which does all the hard work for you.

Not as fast as it could be, but it lets me surf porn over my 3G connection through Vodafone's content filtering.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2005, 19:14   #25
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Kurashima.

This is just a reaction becouse you are shit enough to still activly use hotmail.
Just imagine what the anti-shit devil will do next time!
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2005, 19:18   #26
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I use hotmail and have done so for years. Well I say "use" it's more that I check it just often enough to keep my account from being temporarily deleted or whatever.
Unread 18 Oct 2005, 19:35   #27
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Dear Kurashima.

This is just a reaction becouse you are shit enough to still activly use hotmail.
Just imagine what the anti-shit devil will do next time!
Dear Zhukov

**** Off.

This is just a reaction to your reaction, and you anticipated this reaction and reacted accordingly.

The Anti-Shit devil hasnt stopped you posting here, so hes definetely on holiday, probably for quite some time. I think were both safe therefore.
Unread 18 Oct 2005, 19:38   #28
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
The simplest way is to sneak into the IT managers office while he's on lunch and check the IP and Proxy setting on his machine. He'll always have everything enabled.
1. I Work for a Major Offshore Bank. The building has 350 people. The IT Department is 10-12 strong. There is no "Single IT Officer" , and there are no ways to get onto a system with the relative passwords and logins to do what you are suggesting.

2. I work for a major offshore bank. Their IT policy is shite, as it is with most clearings banks. Hence why im looking to move to a private bank in the near future. I honestly dont give a rats ass about it, and fortunately i have a flatscreen monitor which faces the wall, and thus cannot be seen. Should someone wander across , i just Alt-F4 the window.
Unread 18 Oct 2005, 19:50   #29
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Im in work , i need access to my emails regarding a birthday present for my other half
You don't need to go online to purchase brown paper bags, kura.
Unread 18 Oct 2005, 20:07   #30
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
2. I work for a major offshore bank. Their IT policy is shite, as it is with most clearings banks. Hence why im looking to move to a private bank in the near future. I honestly dont give a rats ass about it, and fortunately i have a flatscreen monitor which faces the wall, and thus cannot be seen. Should someone wander across , i just Alt-F4 the window.
If you are paranoid like me, something like that wont help you. Even if they dont occasionally use remote access software to do stuff on your machine they may still logon remotely to update/patch something and see your process names including something like "Hotmail - Internet Explorer". Not to talk about browser history, proxy/network logs or other stuff like that - too much potential evidence you dont have control over.
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2005, 20:17   #31
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
You don't need to go online to purchase brown paper bags, kura.
Tomkat, I told you man, its over, im with her now. You just werent my type. You were barely my species. Let it go!
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 07:29   #32
Radical Edward

did any of these suggestions work Kura? just for future reference.

Unread 19 Oct 2005, 09:04   #33
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
did any of these suggestions work Kura? just for future reference.
Yes in a way

I phoned someone i know and got them to log into my hotmail account from their end, and give me the details i needed.

All other roads ended in abject failure
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 13:33   #34
Green Spit

Hello Kurashima.

I have my hotmail set up so that it notifies me of new mail on my mobile by SMS. You can then reply and get more of the message sent to your phone, I think you can also send mail (only SMS length though) through your phone too. Its a bit long winded but it does work.