User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Jul 2005, 01:56   #51
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Spare a thought for the Chavs...

I don't care about what you have to say to me handsome, actually I don't even dislike you, it's just your little script start to lose its novelity. You're a walking cliche and it starts to become clear to me that you are your own worst enemy. Come live in Holland, Amsterdam maybe, you will feel better and more natural.

Goodnight.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 01:57   #52
Spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmoo
come on spiderman, its not fair to take digs at people appearance, and anyway, apart from the toffish expression, he's not so bad looking, though he could excersise more. If you want to insult people, its most effective to insult their actual flaws - which in Yahwe's case is his unfreindly nature and superior attitude. Other than that, I like his nickname - its just his character that gets to me.
No no, I am not taking a dig at his appearance - I am just indicating that his body fat percentage appears to be in the upper region of healthy, perhaps slightly obese. It makes you wonder how someone like that can accuse someone with an athletic bodyfat percentage to be fat? I place it down to the insecurity that Silversmoke mentions.

I do agree with you however, that he is quite an attractive chap, and I would certainly like to stick my chram in his dirty.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 01:58   #53
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
I don't care about what you have to say to me handsome, actually I don't even dislike you, it's just your little script start to lose its novelity. You're a walking cliche and it starts to become clear to me that you are your own worst enemy. Come live in Holland, Amsterdam maybe, you will feel better and more natural.
you're not my type.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 02:00   #54
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Well that's ok, you are too much of a type for my likings.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 02:01   #55
Spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
you're not my type.
Yes, he would get crushed for certain.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 02:02   #56
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmoo
I suppose thats the only reasonable thing to do, though I would love to argue with Yahwe, even if he is bound to come out looking the more intelligent. I'll bet you he's not familiar with Epicurus' philosophy, though.
I'm sorry... what exactly does Epicurus' philosophy have to do with the price of fish?

Are you implying that familiarity with such things denotes intelligence?

Or is there some profound esoteric insight we can learn from this otherwise mediocre atomist?
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 02:03   #57
edmoo
SuperTux!

edmoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally, I think I will just ignore Yahwe's posts in future. I've not read a post of his that actually has anything of valuein it, and I've only read a few which don't insult sombody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Linton
Your presence is a moral poison.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 02:06   #58
edmoo
SuperTux!

Epicurus is in no way mediocre!
His philospophy, very, very generally speak (I don't claimed to have studied him in great depth) denotes finding happines for yourself and others above all else. He makes a point that happiness is not always found in extravagancy and sex, however, and that it is more likely to be found in freindly interaction with other human beings.

Cue Yahwe.

EDIT: I really should have explained that in the first place - its quite a personal interpretation. I appologise.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 18:13   #59
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

you see, where i live chav's are a major problem, where i live a chav stabbed someone last week for not giving him a cigarette. Where i live chav's regularly assault people for no reason. So i think i am going to have to disagree with you on this one :/
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 18:18   #60
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
yes, and the whole bystander bashing has been stupidly done many, many times, by the chavs.

anyone who thinks chavs aren't a problem just hasn't met any yet.

in your own words.....

Quote:
you appall me.

djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 18:21   #61
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
in your own words.....

point 1: chavs are not a racial group, it is a descriptor for a particularly unpleasant type of behaviour.
point 2: the government does not discriminate against chavs to cause a vicious cycle.
point 3: assault and robbery are different offences to sleeping outside or getting drunk on your own property.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 18:56   #62
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
point 1: chavs are not a racial group, it is a descriptor for a particularly unpleasant type of behaviour.
point 2: the government does not discriminate against chavs to cause a vicious cycle.
point 3: assault and robbery are different offences to sleeping outside or getting drunk on your own property.
point 1, I've told you before, race has nothing to do with it. The fact that they are black is merely a convenient label. To give some contrast, many of them aren't even black in skin colour at all, not only that the hate doesn't apply to all aboriginal people, as there are just as many decent, high standing aboriginal citizens that don't get included in the group at all. Many of those infact are of the same oppinion, about their own race... they can't be racist then can they
point 2, Neither does ours, unless you want to drag up old history and past governments that originated from your home land I might add.
point 3, if only, unfortunately that is precisely why a lot of people don't like them, there are regular reports of people getting stabbed, robbed, assaulted and raped by individuals or groups of these people. 80% of our town jail's inhabitants are young aboriginal offenders. I tried to make this comparison before, they are in every way identical to the way people in this thread have been describing chavs, only exchange the Burberry clothing for the 50 Cent & Enimem brand.
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 19:00   #63
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

We have a similar problem in the US.

Unfortunatly, our "disaffected youth" are, for the most part, angry minorities who, because of or gun laws, are heavily armed.

From personal observation, once they reach that stage, it is almost impossible to bring them back. The only possibility seems to be to try to stop the next generation from going that direction. The problem is "how?"
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 19:09   #64
edmoo
SuperTux!

We do havea lot of arguing in this forum, don't we? its very heated .

I went back to school today. For those of you who don't know, which is all of you, Todmorden High School is like a chav hive. You sick to the floor and seats because they are coated with spittle, chewing gum and phlem. It's not too pleasant.
Just returning to school helped me see the point of view of the extreem chav haters... generally speaking they're not particularily pleasant (even the females are beging to expecterate over *everything*). But, perhaps because I live in a rural town rather than a city, they're not all that bad. I had a conversation with a chav girl about the film Leon today, which is the first time I've ever talked to a chav about any of the arts. She could only express herself toa very simple level, but thats partly because she's quite young.
Anyway, I think my overall point, in sort-of conclusion, is that I think its worth trying to remember that chavs are also people.

*phew*...

I came out of that relativly well, concidering that I was arguing a loosing side. I feel like the dabate club team that where given the task of arguing in favor of the holocaust.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 19:15   #65
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

What age are you!?

To my mind when they're 13, 14 or even 15 then there's still hope. If they get much older without changing their ways then Doom starts rubbing his hands together with glee. By time they get to 18 if they're still chavs then they're ****ed and unlikely to ever change.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 19:28   #66
edmoo
SuperTux!

I am (just) the age of 17 years! Yay!
I don't actually know any chavs who are my age, but in hindsight, thats probably because they all left school to get dole, because they want dope and a shit car.
Oh - somthing else that happened today. A young chav was blocking the doorway to the music block, so I politely asked him to move out the way. Guess what his responce was...

YA MUM!

I had to hold my breath untill I got out of sight, when I wet myself laughing. Poor kid.
I agree that if you're a chav by the age of 18, you are unlikely to reform.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 20:01   #67
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Is pikee (sp?) a synonym for chav?
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 20:07   #68
edmoo
SuperTux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombody in the ChavSkum Forum
chav: are you a townie or a pikee (pikee in norwich means skater)
It would appear that a pikee is a skater, rather than a chav.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 20:09   #69
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

pikeys are gypsies. I thought everyone knew that.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 20:11   #70
edmoo
SuperTux!

that one isn't local to me. Local names for chavs are:
Chavs, Townies, Chorers and Dancing Bannanas

I apolligise - I'll shut up.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 20:19   #71
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Are pikeys as despised as chavs?
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 20:21   #72
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Are pikeys as despised as chavs?
probably.

oh, and djbass, there's your equivalent to aborigines.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 20:22   #73
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

I have never heard the term 'pikee' or 'pikey'

Up here we call chavs neds.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 20:22   #74
edmoo
SuperTux!

if pikees are indeed gypsies, than I believe so. Gypsies always get abad press.
if pikees are skaters on the other hand, then no - they're not generall as rude.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 20:27   #75
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Pikey hisotircally used to refer to gypsy travellers. It was common in areas with large traveller communities. But it didn't really get national attention until Snatch came out. Brad Pitt plays a pikey.

In some circles pikey is synonomous with chav, but that's a bit of a bastardisation. It may stem from the fact a lot of the things people accuse chavs of, they also accuse gypsies.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 20:27   #76
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
I have never heard the term 'pikee' or 'pikey'

Up here we call chavs neds.
chavs and neds are a wee bit different. spiritually identical, but chavs have more money (rarely legally obtained albeit).

and pikey is more of a southern thing although i'm surprised you haven't heard it at all.