User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 19 Dec 2002, 17:36   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Exclamation How to choose your Power Supply Unit for your comp:

I found this neat article on how to choose your PSU:
http://firingsquad.gamers.com/guides/power_supply/

Thought it'd be quite handy because A LOT of people ask for this...

Last edited by meglamaniac; 21 Dec 2002 at 17:36.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 18:25   #2
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Thats some damn good advice.

Stickificated.

Unread 21 Dec 2002, 14:43   #3
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
that url didn't work

http://firingsquad.gamers.com/guides/power_supply/
this one does
Unread 21 Dec 2002, 15:14   #4
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
it was working yesterday, and day before...
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2002, 17:36   #5
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
They moved it.

I've edit your post accordingly S/I.

Unread 21 Dec 2002, 18:02   #6
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by meglamaniac
They moved it.

I've edit your post accordingly S/I.

\:smiley1:/
Unread 26 Dec 2002, 17:18   #7
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
ace linkage.

:smiley1: :smiley1: :smiley1: :smiley1:
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 03:22   #8
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice
i hope no one would buy a power supply before knowing what kind of part u will have to power in ur comp

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2016, 15:59   #9
bobbyjohnson

bobbyjohnson is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How to choose your Power Supply Unit for your comp:

Sorry, in is not exactly this tread, but I can't find more appropriate.
I read that the best way to charge your phone is between 20% and 80%, because it is less stressful for battery so it will live longer. Any other thoughts/ideas ?
bobbyjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2016, 13:06   #10
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

you probably should have created a new thread, but ill add a thought anyway, unless you plan on not updating your phone for years i doubt it should be a concern atal but there are ways to maximize the efficiency of lithium ion cells.

see here.

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2017, 23:40   #11
OldTinfoil
Beekeeper

OldTinfoil is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure I agree with all of the Li Ion battery advice. Generally I've found that the manufacturers specify life in terms of charge cycles. Ideally, you want to charge it as few times as possible.

Everything else the article has said is true, but take note of the 'try not to let the battery deplete too far' advice. It's possible to empty the battery and not be able to recover it normally.
OldTinfoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2017, 21:49   #12
Pit
Hole in the ground

Pit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTinfoil View Post
It's possible to empty the battery and not be able to recover it normally.
Most devices (I would suggest all mobile phones) have safeguards against this. Discharging too far does supposedly reduce life, but you'd have to try pretty hard to get low enough to brick it. I'm not certain it's possible with that sort of battery, but I'm also too lazy to check.
Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2019, 22:17   #13
BenHerald

BenHerald is on a distinguished road

Quote:
"Most devices (I would suggest all mobile phones) have safeguards against this. Discharging too far does supposedly reduce life, but you'd have to try pretty hard to get low enough to brick it. I'm not certain it's possible with that sort of battery, but I'm also too lazy to check."
Didn't even know that. Thanks!
BenHerald is offline   Reply With Quote