User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Aug 2003, 21:34   #51
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Lupin
laws
What the hell does that mean?

Even if you extrapolate this to "the state" taking action, what does that have the right to do? If someone punches me (or shoots me with a paintball, whatever) what does the state (or a bunch of people employed by the local authority) have the right to do? And do they have rights different from me? If so, why?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 21:38   #52
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
because you dont want to live in anarchy.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 21:41   #53
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
because you dont want to live in anarchy.
If anarchy is a place where the state doesn't have rights beyond individuals then yeah, I do actually.
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 21:49   #54
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
why do you think, we have laws?

Unread 15 Aug 2003, 21:51   #55
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
In order to protect the rights of the individual.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 21:55   #56
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
The law can be changed, so it's hardly the sole source of knowledge and righteounessness. Plus, we have the law to stop people going round punching people.

Put another way : If the law was changed to legalised retaliatory killings, would you still support the law?
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 22:04   #57
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
As I see it there are two ways of seeing this kind of event;
1) that it is legitimate use of force for people to protect themselves when they reasonably feel threatened
2) that some people react violently when provoked and are not responsible for this
You have to live in a society where these two are generally accepted. I have no sympathy for someone who thinks he can ignore these and assault people at random. Though if someone is aware of these and goes on a rampage anyway then that's their choice and I hope they get what they deserve.
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 22:06   #58
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of
An eye for an eye. A life for a life. NOT a life for an eye. That is not how it should work.
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 23:09   #59
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
The law can be changed, so it's hardly the sole source of knowledge and righteounessness. Plus, we have the law to stop people going round punching people.

Put another way : If the law was changed to legalised retaliatory killings, would you still support the law?
no it is definatley not the source of knowledge and righteounessness, however an individual is also not the source of knowledge and righteou....

no i wouldnt support it. i am sorry but i dont see your point here

Unread 15 Aug 2003, 23:09   #60
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
In order to protect the rights of the individual.
the right to live

Unread 15 Aug 2003, 23:12   #61
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
the right to live
Why should the state have the RIGHT to take this away?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 23:31   #62
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
If you think you have a right to fire paintballs at people without getting shot, feel free. The law might even agree with you. That still won't stop people from shooting you. Nor will it stop people applauding the killers.

(Besides, noone has a right to live. It's impossible to enforce such a right)

Besides, I don't think shooting paintballs at people means you deserve to die. I think that having that kind of personality which would drive round and shoot at random people for kicks is.
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 19:28   #63
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Why should the state have the RIGHT to take this away?
it shouldnot

Unread 16 Aug 2003, 19:34   #64
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Quote:
Originally posted by W
If you think you have a right to fire paintballs at people without getting shot, feel free. The law might even agree with you. That still won't stop people from shooting you. Nor will it stop people applauding the killers.

(Besides, noone has a right to live. It's impossible to enforce such a right)

Besides, I don't think shooting paintballs at people means you deserve to die. I think that having that kind of personality which would drive round and shoot at random people for kicks is.
but still killing em just for shooting with paintballs is not a solution in my eyes.

well everyone has the right to get happy and reach for luckiness (this important paragraph in the us constitution). this right implys, that you have the right to live, dont you?

Unread 17 Aug 2003, 16:17   #65
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
but still killing em just for shooting with paintballs is not a solution in my eyes.

well everyone has the right to get happy and reach for luckiness (this important paragraph in the us constitution). this right implys, that you have the right to live, dont you?

imo you lose that right when you threaten the lives of others.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2003, 21:32   #66
W
Gubbish

Quote:

The US does not rule over reality.
And who said anything about a solution? Who said there was a problem to begin with?
Unread 17 Aug 2003, 22:00   #67
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by W
Haha ****ing deserved.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2003, 22:05   #68
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Why not?
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2003, 22:07   #69
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scoot951
imo you lose that right when you threaten the lives of others.
true, however i think this is sad.

Unread 17 Aug 2003, 22:09   #70
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
Why not?
because there is a big differnce between getting shot with a paintball and a bullet.

Unread 17 Aug 2003, 22:11   #71
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Quote:
Originally posted by W
The US does not rule over reality.
And who said anything about a solution? Who said there was a problem to begin with?
true but their 1st democtratic constiution is/was a role model for many other democracies.

the guy who shot the paintballers had a problem with them, because he shot.

Unread 17 Aug 2003, 22:37   #72
W
Gubbish

Quote:
true but their 1st democtratic constiution is/was a role model for many other democracies.

the guy who shot the paintballers had a problem with them, because he shot.
There's no such thing as a problem, only things you want to do.

And you need to revise your history. The statue of liberty was made in France.
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 04:59   #73
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by W
And you need to revise your history. The statue of liberty was made in France.

What does that have to do with anything? The US was a democracy well before the Statue of Liberty was built, unless by 'revise your history' you mean 'make crap up'.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote