User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 19 Feb 2007, 14:34   #1
ICEPOC

ICEPOC has a spectacular aura aboutICEPOC has a spectacular aura about
forums IRC channel

just for those who was thinking of going i would suggest not (yes i know channel is unofficial),

i have been around planetarion scene since round 2 (not used forums much) and never encountered 2 idiots (be backed by others in channel) acting as immature muppets as furball and idimmu.

i would paste you the kick message but the language is not permitted. homphobic and profane langauge.
so if anyone is gay i would avoid these persons as they are homaphobic (i think PA team should do something about this as it is just as bad as racism. (i have logs)

Why did all this happen ???

i pasted a message asking for a coder for php and mysql and said i would pay someone to help me. and aww bless it was in red. i am sure they need opticians if it bothered there precious eyes that much.

But i ask again that the PA team takes action against the homaphobic behaviour commited.

Thanks

My suckyness pwns u!!!!!!!

Last edited by ICEPOC; 19 Feb 2007 at 14:40.
ICEPOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 14:50   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: forums IRC channel

You joined #forums, a channel that's known to be a little bit 'edgy' since it's the principal hang-out of GD regulars, and posted a line of advertising.

[12:56] <ICEPOC> PHP/ MySQL Coder Required. Cash Payment. /q me

Upon request from a number of the channel's regular users, I banned you. It was perfectly reasonable to do so - you struck me as an advertising bot, in fact. You then pmed me, and I explained that you'd been banned for advertising. I explained what advertising constituted as well, since you found this tricky to understand. I then suggested that you tried #linux, since a number of coders use that channel. I see that you were banned from there as well.

I unbanned you from #forums, since the standard 24 hour ban seemed a bit harsh. You rejoined, and under the new #forums policy you were banned by the present overload, idimmu (peace be upon him). IRC's a harsh harsh place, but that's just the way it goes.
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 18:27   #3
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I've pruned this thread quite heavily.

Some of it was really more suitable for GD. In general, the argument has got out of hand from the original incident.
Idi's ops will be looked into (furball linked to the relevent thread above). I believe the feds have spoken to him about the aforementioned incident too, as the relevant authority where it happened.

To the "GD regs", most people take things more seriously on these forums than on the GD forums, where most things are taken far more in jest than here. The same does apply for #forums. Please try not to cause potential problems and wind up people on here, it's not acceptable.

I don't see why there should need to be much more in the way of discussion on the topic, but I will leave this thread open on it. The relevent groups of people - both the PATeam and the mods - will discuss any issues raised, and any necessary action taken.
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 19:14   #4
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

I wrote "take it up with #cservice", but aparently that post was also "pruned"

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 19:29   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

indeed, I apoligise. I just went through the thread a few times then removed all posts after the first two.
(though your wording did leave something to be desired)
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 19:32   #6
Markb
PA Team

Markb is a jewel in the roughMarkb is a jewel in the roughMarkb is a jewel in the rough

#feds deal with the server stuff, not #cservice

NetGamers Senior CSC Administrator
Markb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 22:52   #7
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

You are right, my fault.
I can only say in my defense I normally complained to Gatewayy and never really needed one or the other accept for reporting spam and/or virus bots

Unread 20 Feb 2007, 01:18   #8
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

Lets face it #forums is basically a hang out for mainly GD'ers and it isnt an official channel.

I idle in there and i certainly dont think they are homophobic (correct spelling included), they just have a certain type of sense of humour. Being gay myself i feel myself to be able to judge their lack of homophobia.

My personal advice, if you dont have a sense of humour dont join the channel. As well as this dont you thinl #php might have been a better place to ask?

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 17:12   #9
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

who's the mod leaving the boring posts and deleting the good ones anyway?
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 17:14   #10
Appocomaster
PA Team

I am. I thought that was clear from the context.
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 17:18   #11
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

But why does this thread deserve special pruning?

Take your problems straight to biffy tbh ICEPOC! Thats what I did when #forums last got my knickers in a twist, ended up with a GD mod being removed ... allbeit for a short period of time
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 17:26   #12
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

For reference the #forums channel has now been delaminated from everything that is officially Planetarion related. There are now no mentions of it as a place to go if you have forums issues or need a mod etc. If we happen to have missed somwhere please let me know so we can deal with it.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 17:39   #13
newt
Banned

So... what is the official forums channel then?

edit: Btw, the only thing shitter than using big fancy words and then spelling them incorrectly is using big fancy words when they don't make any sense in what you're saying. Unless delaminated has some new meaning courtesy of urbandictionary.com or somewhere.

Last edited by newt; 20 Feb 2007 at 17:46.
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 17:45   #14
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt
So... what is the official forums channel then?
As a temp solution I suggest any serious and genuine problems with the forums people have they head to #support, someone in there will be able to awaken someone who can assist you.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 17:54   #15
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

There's really no need for an official forums channel anyhow; if you need to contact a moderator, you can send them a PM. If you need to report a post, there's a simple button for doing that. Bothering people in #support is the option of last resort.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 18:00   #16
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
There's really no need for an official forums channel anyhow; if you need to contact a moderator, you can send them a PM. If you need to report a post, there's a simple button for doing that. Bothering people in #support is the option of last resort.
Account problems?

Access problems?

Discussing the reason for a ban maybe?

Unread 20 Feb 2007, 18:11   #17
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

All things which can be taken up with the relevant admin or mod. Strange as it may seem for those with 24/7 IRC connections (and I count myself as one of them), the IRC network is archaic, outdated and quite irrelevant to the general internet population. If we didn't already have an IRC network, we would never imagine the possibility of using one.

The idea that we should depend on IRC for support for the forums is not obvious in any way.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 18:13   #18
Marv
Jazz Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
All things which can be taken up with the relevant admin or mod.
How do you PM them if you are banned / can't access / login to the forums in the first place?

I'd be willing to bet the mod's don't read / have access to read the "Contact Us" link at the bottom & JJ seems to be even more absent than usual.

Unread 20 Feb 2007, 18:54   #19
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

hey that's not fair, JJ turned up yesterday after like a year away!
Anyway; you can PM them on IRC if anything is needed. Where they hang out is their choice and they tend to all be in #forums so you can join #forums, query a mod and part if you don't wish to stay in the channel...
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 18:57   #20
Appocomaster
PA Team

I'm around, contactable by e-mail, forum pm, and generally on IRC (though of late there's been a bit of delay as I'm taking a bit of a break from things). I'm in a fair few channels.
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 19:40   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hell is other people.
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 08:27   #22
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Hell is other people.
Jean-Paul Sartre <3
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 18:12   #23
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

hell is irish people. :[
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 18:34   #24
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Prefer irish people over the welsh.

Unread 22 Feb 2007, 19:48   #25
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

I'm pretty sure I made a post in this thread. Who deleted it?
Unread 24 Feb 2007, 03:19   #26
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Prolly one of the high and mighty.
Cant blame them if it was "out there" when it came to context.

Personally I think the #forums chan should either be governed by planetarion owners or it should be completely separated from the forums, ie no one who has official ties to planetarion should be allowed to have any form of "influence" there.

Now it is more or less a weird mix of things.

Unread 24 Feb 2007, 10:52   #27
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
I'm pretty sure I made a post in this thread. Who deleted it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
Prolly one of the high and mighty.
Cant blame them if it was "out there" when it came to context.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
I've pruned this thread quite heavily.

Some of it was really more suitable for GD. In general, the argument has got out of hand from the original incident.
Unread 24 Feb 2007, 16:52   #28
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Bastard Appoco, no love for you tonight