User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 31 May 2003, 15:40   #1
Remberasha

Remberasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past
9.5 Game Unbalanced at start

Well since there will be no re-shuffle (which I am actually kind of glad of since my gal m8's already know who I am, and personal alliance info) the galaxys will remain the same..

However this does also create a game balance problem..

There are many galaxys with extremes in number of players per galaxy - for instance - My galaxy has less than 20 players yet a galaxy right next door has 25 players and still another Galaxy in our cluster has as few as 15 members... And if thats not bad enough you add the factors of inactive planets (Planets that haven't even logged into their accounts from last round) this just adds to an incredible disparity of balance...

I can forsee only this divide worsening as the game continues as smaller starting galaxys (with fewer active players) will be bashed early, and even if their galaxy fills out to 25 later, then they will still be at a disadvantage as the new joiners will have to catch up...

Although I have no ideas as to how to settle the overall balance issue.. At least one thing could be done about the r9 players who haven't logged in to their accounts... Either they should be deleted or right before tick start PA crew should rename all of these obvious inactive worlds to some random name so they are not so distinguishable..

I mean with planet names that are coordinates like that will be farmed, and their galaxys immediatly recognized as short on real players and considered easy targets...

Remby
Remberasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 15:51   #2
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Would it be possible to merge the mini galaxies together, without having to shuffle everyone?
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 17:18   #3
Akula

Akula is an unknown quantity at this point
Some are even lower than what the topic poster replies; many of the higher clusters have 5 or 7 people in a galaxy. The rate of newcommers is not very high either. They will doubtless be at a huge disadvantage come ticks.

"My people and I have reached an agreement that satisfies us both. They are to say what they want, and I am to do what I want." -- Frederick the Great
Akula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 19:07   #4
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

R9.5 is unbalanced you say? :eek:

1) PA is unbalanced anyway, so who cares?

2) It's a free round, so who cares?

3) They're busy with R10, so--well, you get the drift.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 19:13   #5
Ditcher

Ditcher is an unknown quantity at this point
If you end up in a very inactive/small galaxy just hit the delete button and signup another account. Wait the 72h if you want to be saint.
Unread 31 May 2003, 19:27   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
There's a self exile button you know chaps.

(Not until ticks start though)
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 00:30   #7
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
There's a self exile button you know chaps.

(Not until ticks start though)
Yes, but the bulk of "open" planets are usually in sparsely-populated galaxies, so the odds of improving your position via exile are not very good. Many players end up in an even less-populated galaxy.

Still, the illusion of control can be comforting.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 10:06   #8
aza1

aza1 is an unknown quantity at this point
i guess there hoping pa will find the momentum it had back in rd4 when the constant inflow of new players/accounts made the filling of gals a non-issue
aza1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 06:55   #9
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ditcher
If you end up in a very inactive/small galaxy just hit the delete button and signup another account. Wait the 72h if you want to be saint.
That only enhances the problems !! Also a reason why creators need to remove planets in deletion mode before ticks already !!!

hAl
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 09:40   #10
MegaNova
m33p

MegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the rough
why is a 25planet gal worse then a 15 planet gal?
being in a 25 planet galaxy also has its disadvantages.
more chances of spies and multies.
and i have heared about ppl who are in a 15 planet gal that have more active ppl then the 20+ gal that i am in.
this round its more about personal skill.
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 09:48   #11
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Monkehpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
well its been 5 days and I'm still waiting for my pass...

damn hotmail :/ should have just used my isp mail like they recomended..
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 10:07   #12
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by MegaNova
and i have heared about ppl who are in a 15 planet gal that have more active ppl then the 20+ gal that i am in.
Galaxies with 15 planets etc. have an inherent disadvantage in that they are most likely to be attacked. People see 15 planets in a gal, if they're skilled they'll have nice roid ratios, and it'll only be 15 planets they have to cover instead of 25, and there's fewer planets so probably fewer alliances represented, thus less defence all round for that gal really.

Having 25 planets, even if they are multis means that there's a greater chance someone picking a target from your 25 person gal will choose a planet that's not you.
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 10:47   #13
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Monkehpimp
well its been 5 days and I'm still waiting for my pass...

damn hotmail :/ should have just used my isp mail like they recomended..
First you could try to login and use the 'lost password' feature. Mayby the original confirmation mail got lost because you hotmail was bouncing it (full) or saw it as spam ?! If you do not get a lost password mail in a few minutes the account probably isn't activated or you used an incorrect email addy.

Else just signup a second account with your isp email and send a email to [email protected] to remove the first signup you did with your hotmail account.

hAl
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 12:16   #14
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road
Re: 9.5 Game Unbalanced at start

Quote:
Originally posted by Remberasha
Blablabla
Stupid people..

It's random, SO OFC NOT BALANCED!!! Ever seen something random with balance? You need luck with your gal/c/p in a random round.. WE ALL need... Random rounds should be free, cause paying and having bad luck sucks...

That's why I should say...

Do a paid private followed by a free random each ROUND...

And forget to BALANCE a random round!
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 12:22   #15
HRS
TFD forever

HRS is an unknown quantity at this point
ever seen a balanced private round then?

<mpr0733> never underestimate the speed of a fryingdutch thread spammer

<Zapman> ja ik wil hrs stalken, natuurlijk, logisch
HRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 12:44   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The game is unbalanced by definition, because people can log in more than others, be in better alliances, etc.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 13:26   #17
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: 9.5 Game Unbalanced at start

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Thunderball
Stupid people..

It's random, SO OFC NOT BALANCED!!! Ever seen something random with balance? You need luck with your gal/c/p in a random round.. WE ALL need... Random rounds should be free, cause paying and having bad luck sucks...

That's why I should say...

Do a paid private followed by a free random each ROUND...

And forget to BALANCE a random round!
Private rounds have the same cluster/parallel issues as random rounds, it only means you have a more active galaxy. But a galaxy of 10-25 Singularitys and Synthetic_Sid's wouldn't help you if you got stuck as the only allied gal in your cluster/parallel.

That factor doesn't change between private and random, so doesn't really make the situation better.

Plus the fact that private galaxies let the players dictate the alliance spread of the universe, and thus cause stagnation quicker means that private universes are less interesting politics wise than random ones. And as the politics etc. are what keeps most people playing (it's not just planet management that makes this game fun), why would more people pay for a private round than a random one? It just wouldn't happen.
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 22:29   #18
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by MegaNova
Can this silly argument stop. THe mroe people in your galaxy the more likely you are to have more people with personal skill.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 22:55   #19
lordbaron

lordbaron is an unknown quantity at this point
I beleive it's not balanced you just need to look at the universe rankings to tell you that.

Perhaps they should have picked 20 players per gal, prob to late for them to do anything now.

In regards to the earlier comment it's a free round, we'll I strongly disagree, I paid for round 9 (which stopped short although I agree with starting 9.5) and as far as I'm concerned 9.5 is part of round 9.

The other point was the PA team are busy with R10, well R9.5 is just if not more important being live at this present time to which many have paid. You should never sway from comments ppl make here they are the players and payers of this game.
lordbaron is offline   Reply With Quote