User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 May 2003, 14:36   #1
Anu
Kontrč*******

Anu is infamous around these parts
Where to buy your clothes

Thailand is the answer

£200 for a tailor made suit, with a silk tie and silk shirt. PHWOAR!

A couple i know had a two week holiday to Thailand, where they bought their clothes for the marriage. They actually saved money that way.

Thank god for cheap labour working 14 hour a day!
Anu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 14:39   #2
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
£200 is cheap?

I prefer all those ****ty catalogue that come through the door. I take a look, and go "that looks comfy" and buy.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 14:51   #3
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
What about the cost of travelling to Thailand?
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 14:53   #4
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough
You can get the same stuff for £100 in India!
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 15:02   #5
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
just where I walk by and what my needs are.

The other moment I just go for the comfy stuff and don't care about how it looks like and another moment I am looking for something fancy.
Unread 17 May 2003, 15:19   #6
Deathjam
Banned

Deathjam is an unknown quantity at this point
cyberdog
Deathjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 16:33   #7
Ditcher

Ditcher is an unknown quantity at this point
I prefer natural.
Unread 17 May 2003, 16:42   #8
Anu
Kontrč*******

Anu is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
What about the cost of travelling to Thailand?
encountered in the last example
Anu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 17:19   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Do they sell crappy jeans, and poor quality black band t-shirts?

Because that's basically all I wear.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2003, 17:39   #10
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
DJ: cyberdog is nice, but expensive
i buy most of my clothes from T K Maxx in Newcastle actually
Unread 18 May 2003, 18:08   #11
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
camden market
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2003, 18:26   #12
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by [GAP]Obiwan
cliche market
Never has such useless crap been available in just one place. CHAINS HERE! EXTRA LONG CHAINS, USED CHAINS!

AURA BALLS! SEE JUST HOW DEEP AND PROPHETIC AND GOTHICALLY MYSTERIOUS YOU REALLY ARE!

JEANS! GET YOUR RIDICULOUSLY OUT OF SHAPE FASHIONABLE JEANS! PRE RIPPED, PRE BURNT, PRE-BLEACHED, PRE-CHEWEDUPBYADOG, PRE-PISHED ON!

Unread 18 May 2003, 18:28   #13
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Pre-x jeans don't just come from places like Camden market. They come from places like Topman. At least at Camden market they are cheap.

Not that I'm saying you should buy pre-stained jeans, of course.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2003, 18:31   #14
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
Pre-x jeans don't just come from places like Camden market. They come from places like Topman. At least at Camden market they are cheap.

Not that I'm saying you should buy pre-stained jeans, of course.
indeed they do.

But in camden market, you arent just sold clothes, you are sold a cheap tacky fake personality. Its all "gothy" shops there now, as soon as that goes out of fashion, itll be ravers stuff, or whatever ridiculous phase comes in to replace "gothdom".

Unread 18 May 2003, 18:33   #15
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
Its all "gothy" shops there now
No it's not.
Unread 18 May 2003, 18:37   #16
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
No it's not.
its changed since i was there a year and a half ago then?

Unread 18 May 2003, 18:51   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
its changed since i was there a year and a half ago then?
I've no idea. Most of the shops (I'm not sure if you're referring to shops or stalls here, and if you mean Camden in general or one of the markets, but whatever) quite clearly aren't goth shops or even "gothish".

A small proportion of the whole area cater for goths directly. Most of the stalls (and shops) sell pretty "ordinary" clothes, with a few catering for army surplus (i.e. not goth) some bright pink godawful clothes for 15 year old girls (i.e. not goth) and some punk stuff.

Even the shops which do sell "goth" stuff (e.g. black cloaks, that kinda stuff) would probably sell similar items since they make most of their money from the BDSM market...
Unread 18 May 2003, 19:04   #18
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Oxfam, Sue Ryder, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, etc.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2003, 19:05   #19
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

http://www.the-dreaming.demon.co.uk/camden.htm

Quote:
The Market: This is one of the best bits of Camden Town. Actually this is the bit that makes Camden Town. A place to get all sorts of things clothes (velvet and leather sem to a speciality), jewellery and odd things.
I found this site when i came back from Camden, and it was a pretty accurate description of my recollection of it

Unread 18 May 2003, 19:26   #20
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
doesnt camden market have the cyberdog shop on it as well?
Unread 18 May 2003, 20:38   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
I found this site when i came back from Camden, and it was a pretty accurate description of my recollection of it
Being a goth site, it obviously focuses on the goth aspects of the market, but that doesn't change the fact that it is predominantly non-goth.
Quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner_0
doesnt camden market have the cyberdog shop on it as well?
Yes, it's in the Stables Market. One of the many shops which sell non-black (psychedelic colours in this case) clothes...
Unread 18 May 2003, 21:22   #22
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
haha Dante is a goth

cut up not across faggot
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2003, 22:23   #23
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Camden market is predominantly gothic nowadays.

I live what 10 minutes away from it so don't say I don't know the place.

It used to cater for the rave culture but now when you go there it mostly sells chains and extra large jeans
ok so maybe its a bit grungy instead of gothic and there are some rave shops littered about.

it still doesn't excuse the fact that it is ****.
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2003, 22:55   #24
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I don't really know where my clothes come from, but the latest one(s) i got come from a shop called "Blackout art supplies". Or somesuch, its at least called Blackout.
I did not buy anything myself there, thought. My mother did.

BUT, i currently am looking trendy, whit the whole "rugged" look. You know, the faded jeans, kinda bummy-looking. But i've been looking like this for years, and my jeans are faded and weared beacause they're old, not beacause they're expensive!
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 05:33   #25
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
today i bought some clothes at penningtons.
you know.. the fat chicks store.
Unread 19 May 2003, 08:32   #26
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
haha Dante is a goth
Go wear your puffy jacket you townie ****.
Unread 19 May 2003, 08:51   #27
[GAP]Obiwan

My point about camden market being the best place to buy clothes is mainly because it caters for every type of fashion going.

Yes there is quite a few stalls selling cheap chains etc but you can't really blame them when theres a lot of money to be made out of it.

I wear clothes i feel comfy in, i find camden cheap, good atmosphere, and good mix of people. Its either that or shopping in *cringes* bromley.

I HATE BROMLEY FFS I HAVE TO WORK HERE AND THE SHOPS ARE CRAP!!!!!!!!
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
Unread 19 May 2003, 09:46   #28
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by [GAP]Obiwan
I HATE BROMLEY FFS I HAVE TO WORK HERE AND THE SHOPS ARE CRAP!!!!!!!!
But surely the Glades is the height of sophistication?
Unread 19 May 2003, 09:50   #29
[GAP]Obiwan

Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
But surely the Glades is the height of sophistication?
Cafe Nero is the only decent place in the whole of the glades! or Game, or Virgin Megastore, or Giardinos..........
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
Unread 19 May 2003, 10:47   #30
[GAP]Obiwan

Quote:
Originally posted by Toccata & Fugue
Don't all Bromleyites drive to Bluewater anyway?
Bluewater has a West ham Shop..............

hahahahahahahah

but also has a decent cinema, (unlike bromley) and good sports bar!
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
Unread 19 May 2003, 20:30   #31
Mi5
#Manchester

Mi5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Camden isnt all that great anymore, often the prices arent that much cheaper than the high street such is the prestige of finding a "bargain" at Camden. Tbh if you can be bothered looking, you can find your clothes anywhere for a decent price, trouble is most people can't be bothered spending that much time searching, myself included.
Round 3: 129:12:9 [ MiS A TAN of Assimilation ]
Round 4: 2:15:4 [ ArcAngel of Pestilence ]
Round 5: 29:7:6 [ Timmeh of South Park ] - quit for RL
Round 6: 3:10:7 [ =ArchAngel= of =Aesir= ] - Rank 24th quit 03/03/02
Round 7: 28:4:10 [ -Genesis- of -Deism- ] - i lasted a rnd \o/
Round 8: FRESHERS WEEK
Round 9: 21:1:10 [ Jago of Endouken ] - Suicide God
Mi5 is offline   Reply With Quote