User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Apr 2003, 10:49   #1
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice
Exclamation System Shock II

Best game ever made?

I know it's kinda old, and the graphics is nothing to brag about, but it has something few other games has. Atmosphere.

AcE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I wish we could trademark for a less shitty poster
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 10:53   #2
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
It still scares me.

I'm playing through it in 10 minute sessions.
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 10:54   #3
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
I wasn't too impressed with it to be honest. Though I did play it for the first time about a year ago so maybe the crappy graphics put me off.
Go Half Life! All the way!
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 10:56   #4
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by ChubbyChecker
I wasn't too impressed with it to be honest. Though I did play it for the first time about a year ago so maybe the crappy graphics put me off.
I played it first when it got out, back in -99. I'm getting it again, and I'm like a little kid, waiting for christmas.

Quote:
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 11:03   #5
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
It's okay, but it seems to be an endless keycode collection.

Also, it's not scary at all, and it claims to be terrifying.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 11:04   #6
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by ChubbyChecker
The graphics weren't much worse than Half-Life's.
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 11:13   #7
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
The graphics weren't much worse than Half-Life's.
You claim its not scary.

I positively **** bricks when playing it.
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 11:57   #8
Ditcher

Ditcher is an unknown quantity at this point
SS2 and Deus. Best games ever made.
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 14:04   #9
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
it is

an ace and scary game.
Even better playing it 2 player over a network, so you have the co-operation aspect and can mix the psi and weapons skills accordingly.
Like most other games by Looking Glass, it is perhaps one of the most underrated games ever.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 14:16   #10
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Dookie Velvet is an unknown quantity at this point
I've never even heard of it
Dookie Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 14:28   #11
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Scares the pants off me.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 14:57   #12
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

First time I played it, I remember I had just chased (litteraly) a burgler out of my home (He woke me upp while I was sleeping during the day, but that's another story).

Playing that game afterwards was next to horrifying.

Quote:
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 15:20   #13
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

AvP was a million times scarier.