User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Jan 2003, 12:10   #1
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Amusing little tid-bit

Does anyone remember the times when the stats were announced 'before' sign-up?
In fact, the whole '24 hrs before ticks' and being able to change race after signup was constructed because in Round 6 they were unable to complete the stats on time.

So creators, show us some goodwill and announce the stats EARLY this time. Instead of pushing it all off to round 10 put your money where your mouth is and give us a little trailer for PA R10.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 13:38   #2
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Let's all blame Jolt. That sounds like a good idea.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 15:34   #3
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Amusing little tid-bit

Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida
Does anyone remember the times when the stats were announced 'before' sign-up?
In fact, the whole '24 hrs before ticks' and being able to change race after signup was constructed because in Round 6 they were unable to complete the stats on time.

So creators, show us some goodwill and announce the stats EARLY this time. Instead of pushing it all off to round 10 put your money where your mouth is and give us a little trailer for PA R10.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 19:52   #4
zenopus
Xenoc

zenopus is an unknown quantity at this point
They are not sure themselves. Earlier thread.
zenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 00:11   #5
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by zenopus
They are not sure themselves. Earlier thread.
Zues was(is?) competent enough to know that the stats wont be ready.

Prince and kloppy are "New" but will learn quickly what happens WHEN they don't meet their deadline.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 03:51   #6
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
* shakes a fist a Jolt
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 04:09   #7
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
Given the repeated statements from "HQ" that the changes made to round 9 will be minimal, and that there isn't even going to be testing of the few stat changes there will be, I'm having a lot of difficulty understanding where a delay is this round.

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 04:12   #8
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
It sounds from the announcements that it's more a technical sort of problem than one with the decisions/changes for R9

(http://home.planetarion.com?n=107)
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 04:14   #9
Petru
mefs

Quote:
Originally posted by A2
It sounds from the announcements that it's more a technical sort of problem than one with the decisions/changes for R9

(http://home.planetarion.com?n=107)
Technical issues effect Stats in an excel page how exactly?

Unread 30 Jan 2003, 04:35   #10
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Petru
Technical issues effect Stats in an excel page how exactly?
I presume that they will want to test any changes, and to do that, they need a working server.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 05:16   #11
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
I presume that they will want to test any changes, and to do that, they need a working server.
lol!

Didn't you read the bit where Petru said they weren't going to be tested?

Jester
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 17:02   #12
Ditcher

Ditcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Well they say they cant tweak the code without servers so how do you expect them to announce stats without servers
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 17:15   #13
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
Originally posted by Ditcher
Well they say they cant tweak the code without servers so how do you expect them to announce stats without servers
The announcement says the code doesn't run very well on a certain linux distribution.

I don't see how that would effect the atats in any way =/

(I'd love to have -1 TT with certain linux distros )
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 18:17   #14
hinch
Banned

hinch is an unknown quantity at this point
with the various parts of knowledge i have of the old r3 and r4 pa server setup the complete installation time for each pa web server is about 2 hours including optimisation to stop page lag etc.

the db server is about 3 hours
so from when that was posted in theory it should be finished about now
hinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 18:55   #15
Petru
mefs

Even if there wasn't even a webserver as opposed to a non-working webserver, stats are not designed on there.

When the lads (hi Jester, Theam, Rha, Coffee) and I designed the races, it was all done in text and a dash of excel, the first week of tweaks were all done in text and excel.

The only reason you need a webserver for stats is if you are going to test them, and it's been specifically stated that the changes will be so few that there will be no testing.

Ergo, there is no possible delay other than the fact someone just hasn't done them yet.

Unread 31 Jan 2003, 12:09   #16
woze

woze is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Let's all blame Jolt. That sounds like a good idea.

LoL...
woze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2003, 22:02   #17
Rampage
over 9000

Rampage is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Petru
I'm having a lot of difficulty understanding where a delay is this round.
I'm amazed the game is still on the road, so petru, going for yet another round ? ;p
Unread 4 Feb 2003, 15:30   #18
Petru
mefs

Quote:
Originally posted by Rampage
I'm amazed the game is still on the road, so petru, going for yet another round ? ;p
It appears I am, someone somewhere will have me in their galaxy

I really have lost interest though, other games are far more fun and tactical these days The PA atmosphere is just dead, regardless of if you revamp the game, the players are embittered and too rigid to ever shake from comformity for the game to change.