User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 25 Mar 2003, 19:53   #1
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Let's all have a good time together and laugh.

[20:02] <@Kloopy> round 10 will have alliances built into the game.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Abuse++;
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 19:55   #2
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough
Re: Let's all have a good time together and laugh.

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Abuse++;
Its sick yes
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 20:02   #3
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Dull spastics
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 20:07   #4
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Fun.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 20:23   #5
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Let's all have a good time together and laugh.

Quote:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Abuse++;
hMz WTF do he mean? AH isnt that enough??????
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 20:27   #6
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
Have faith.

The beta will start with plenty of time to balance and make things all good.

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 20:28   #7
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Petru
Have faith.

The beta will start with plenty of time to balance and make things all good.

For us to convince the crew to remove it ?
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 20:30   #8
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Let's see, either leave the round totally in the hands of the players, or hard code alliances in to restrict them...

If it turns the game crap, then we'll all leave and everyone wins.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 20:35   #9
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
guess they take away the only thing they haven't been able to controle yet, which are the alliances. Or atleast this is an attempt to do it, we'll see whether it'll be a futile attempt or not (which I really hope it was).

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 20:38   #10
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
It can't really make the game any worse. As it is, almost every round is crap because of the alliance situations and powerblocking. As a longtime proponent of some sort of integration of the alliances into the game, all I can say is that if they do it right, no one will ever want to go back, and if they do it wrong, perhaps it will put PA out of its misery.
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 20:46   #11
Ditcher

Ditcher is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not saying its a good idea but it is not certainly something to be put down immediately....
Actually. I think Theamion made himself look like an idiot posting about coming feature he doesnt know **** about. But thats just me.
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 20:46   #12
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
well... at least they're trying. I dont think there's any other positive comment I can make :/
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 20:48   #13
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by Ditcher
I'm not saying its a good idea but it is not certainly something to be put down immediately....
Err, they tried this since beta r4 as far as I know and the 'big' alliance will only abuse it and it will only enlarge the gap between 'pros' and 'rookies'.
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 20:51   #14
Ditcher

Well yes but afaik its a whole different game in round10 ? Or has something changed. I atleast hope it is....
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 21:04   #15
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Err, they tried this since beta r4 as far as I know and the 'big' alliance will only abuse it and it will only enlarge the gap between 'pros' and 'rookies'.

No, they didn't actually.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 21:07   #16
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
THE ONLY WAY YOU WILL GET ALLIANCES TO USE INGAME STUFF IS TO GIVE THEM ADVANTAGES FOR USING IT.

Just a subtle reminder.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 21:11   #17
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida
THE ONLY WAY YOU WILL GET ALLIANCES TO USE INGAME STUFF IS TO GIVE THEM ADVANTAGES FOR USING IT.

Just a subtle reminder.
DAMNIT PARRA, don't give em hints cause they might actually USE THEM for once !!!

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 21:11   #18
Cochese
Retired

Quote:

Just a subtle reminder.

That's exactly the plan...or perhaps, give people disadvantages for not using it.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 21:45   #19
Vexaz

Vexaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Well yes but afaik its a whole different game in round10 ? Or has something changed. I atleast hope it is....
yeah , its gonna be the football manager game.. and u guys thought FS died , hahah , spinner tricked u all.
R19 - R27: Orbit

Retired?
Vexaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 22:07   #20
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Actually. I think Theamion made himself look like an idiot posting about coming feature he doesnt know **** about. But thats just me.
errrrrrrrr, more then you mistar
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 22:09   #21
Ditcher

Well you shoudda have included it in your post
Aah whatever....
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 23:14   #22
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Quote:

Just a subtle reminder.

"Coding"

Alliance-system similar to tagging of planets, one can only attack (perhaps even defend), those your alliance have declared war against, or defend members. Short version, you get it.

Either people respect it/they make it actually playable, or they dont do it and the game continues to shrink and eventually die.

Thumbs up if it works like I personally imagine it will.
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 23:22   #23
Urkki

Urkki is an unknown quantity at this point
Whatever they do...

...it can't possibly be worse that it's now. The current situation is just so ridiculous that I can't but

Limited alliances, with stuff like defending and teaming up on attacks only inside alliance and galaxy... It would solve so many problems right there and then, especialy when combined with random universe... It could both separate the big alliance freeloaders from those with real skill, help break up big blocks (since in-game alliances would be natural units to break away esp in random universe), and help promising newbie alliances to become gradually better (due to limited size and easier membership control by HC), and allow friends to stay logically together even in random universe...

And what are the abuses, that aren't happening already now?
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 23:44   #24
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Re: Whatever they do...

Quote:
Originally posted by Urkki
...it can't possibly be worse that it's now. The current situation is just so ridiculous that I can't but

Limited alliances, with stuff like defending and teaming up on attacks only inside alliance and galaxy... It would solve so many problems right there and then, especialy when combined with random universe... It could both separate the big alliance freeloaders from those with real skill, help break up big blocks (since in-game alliances would be natural units to break away esp in random universe), and help promising newbie alliances to become gradually better (due to limited size and easier membership control by HC), and allow friends to stay logically together even in random universe...

And what are the abuses, that aren't happening already now?
For instance you need a pwd to be a part of an alliance, the moment that pwd leaks your enemy tags the same.
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 23:56   #25
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
well, the way to do it is to say, make the normal eta 8's up to 10, or 12..

give par/clusters -2

alliances can say have 50 members, and alliances also get -2, or -1..

alliances in par/cluster get -3/-4..this might encourage permanent cluster alliances between 'small' groups of players, and would hopefully change peoples alliances from round to round..

maybe introduce more alliance features such as jumpgate -eta, taxes, empire defence...loadsa stuff you could do here...base the winning alliance actually with a given ranking, and not a position..ie, alliances have assets like planets do..

i'd also make it better for indiviual players to play..

for one i'd elimate scan planets by putting scan limitations..ie news scan only at a certain range (eta1/2 from target, can't ns if you're not in range of target), mil scan only incoming fleets to your planet, can only find the single fleet incoming..etc etc..

could go on, can't be arsed atm..
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 00:21   #26
Urkki

Urkki is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Whatever they do...

Quote:
For instance you need a pwd to be a part of an alliance, the moment that pwd leaks your enemy tags the same.
Or for instance you don't need password except maybe to apply, and you can't apply if you already have more than allowed number of alliances (which could be just one), and you need to be approved by alliance HC before getting in. And related to this, obiviously you need at least a short perioid (like 24 ticks) you can't join when switch alliances to prevent too much hopping (so you have to rely on your galmates only to def you during that time).

But this is not the right forum for this discussion...
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 00:49   #27
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Random Universe : gal size 20 (15 payed random, 5 free random)
Alliances : Max size = 150
  • Advantages:
  • Cheaper defence costs.
  • perhaps an alliance defence fleet which is payed for by a tax rate say 5% of your income, but limited that it can only defend 5 members at any one time, (to stop abuse from alliances that get too big)
  • Alliance fund which is funded by the tax rate set by the HC - (Max = 15%) maximum amount of funds 100mil of each resource and can only be donated to people of less than average alliance score.
  • Alliances can get charged a % of there income in order to be able to target smaller planets, I.e 5% of there total income in order to get a higher cap rate and/or allow smaller targets to be hit by paying extra which helps fund a unalligned players defence fleet.
  • max of 1 ally or nap, the alliance has to be of roughly equal size though, within 25. this would need to be coded so that those alliances get bonus's for defence and mutual trade of resources.
  • a trade system so members can trade resources and a % goes into the alliance defence fleet.

that'd be things which would encourage alliances to use the things and it would allow the creators to monitor them, I.E if they start breaking the alliance code of conduct they get fined X amount of roids and/or resources, and make proper use of some sort of senate, which can perhaps vote on changes to the parametres I.E sanctions on an alliance who breaks the rules by working with morre than 1 alliance.
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 01:04   #28
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
did the creators try to contact any of the alliances about this asking for their input ?
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 01:08   #29
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by at0mic.c0w
did the creators try to contact any of the alliances about this asking for their input ?
why would they change the habit of a lifetime?
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 01:13   #30
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
Will the creators put inspectors in my alliance to search for weapons of mass destruction :\ and will they prohibit unilateral action from another alliance attacking a smaller one, or will they impose sanctions on the agressor while searching for osbushladen
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 01:17   #31
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by sirad
Will the creators put inspectors in my alliance to search for weapons of mass destruction :\ and will they prohibit unilateral action from another alliance attacking a smaller one, or will they impose sanctions on the agressor while searching for osbushladen
dont give them any idea's or they'll limit our ships ;-)
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 01:20   #32
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
chances are i wont be able to witness the 'greatness' of round 10, unless I'm still in europe. but if i go home i'll have such a educational workload along other things i will be a candidate for ministry's idleing squad
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 05:38   #33
Cochese
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by at0mic.c0w

A very few people, but yes.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 05:44   #34
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point
Only way to control alliances in the game is by their fleet and resources so with saying that what will we be looking at?

1: only able to defend those in your alliance? Or make you spend more to defend those NOT in your alliance?

2: Size of in game alliance limited to a certain amount?

I have some more in mind but just starting off what some probably were already thinking.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 06:04   #35
Cochese
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Axis_WLF
1: only able to defend those in your alliance?

2: Size of in game alliance limited to a certain amount?

Yes (mostly) and yes, definetly

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 06:06   #36
Faberius
Olrik's Lil' Bro

Faberius is an unknown quantity at this point
naps would be hard to kill.
the definition of "allies" would change, but it'd still mean the same thing, as allies rarely defend each other.

As long as there is IRC, powerblocking will remain.