User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Mar 2003, 02:00   #51
BLACK_OPPS
Comrade LENIN

BLACK_OPPS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
So have I. I don't expect you to say you loved last round, as it's a matter of opinion, but you should realise the advantages, which were seen last round.

If anything that should drive people to suceed, and most alliances (the serious playing ones) has enough reason to really try to win.

No. Not at all. There were at least 5 blocks, non allied to begin with. The politics changed a great deal last round and had potential to even more.

I think maybe you're suffering from the "It wasn't as good as when I was a lad" type syndrome here, where you're refusing to accept that last round was good (and different) simply because you were not involved.

sadly not Scouse you may have seen it from a diffrent opionin that i did yes i will give you that but no clear advantages were seen last round my point still stands it was the most boreing round that PA had ever seen dont think to many people were that peved when it was cut short as prity mutch everthing was wideing down
and Sadly i was invoved i missed the arguements of rnd 7 we had in interblock dealing with one other alliance was prity simple
pls dont try and play up last round it realy wernt very good millitarly it was what to be expected from a uni that size no grate battles for smashing galaxys like we saw in recent previous rounds evan with the small uni
random reaps the sole benifit of distroying blocks now honestly Blocks have become a part of ********** they kept it going i for one am not infavor of getting rid of blocks i enjoy the epic battles that it brings
i think if ya put it down to a vote PA may hate blocks when there on the loseing end but when there winning they cant do any wrong i have been aposed to Random in a small Universe since the idear was ever surjested i think its a terrible idear and trying to dismantle the block system that has been a part of PA since the early days

same thing could be surjested for PA that if stagnitation occurs quicker theses days then why not shorten the round ?

and btw the back in my day syndrom i dont think applies im only compairing last round to the 2 previous rounds to it if i went back to refering to rnd 2 / 3 belifs on the effictivness of Randoms we knew no other way
it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.
Herman Goering
BLACK_OPPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 12:46   #52
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by BLACK_OPPS
my point still stands it was the most boreing round that PA had ever seen
Only for you. I've not seen anyone else say that yet. Most people agree it was better than most rounds.

Quote:
no grate battles for smashing galaxys like we saw in recent previous rounds evan with the small uni
Because it was random. There was plenty of massive battles around key planets.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 17:32   #53
whoop
The [Fury] of the [z0r]

whoop is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov

whoop: becouse of you, I will have to rethink my image of fury
howso ?

-whoop
<@whoop> I know

#milo
whoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 16:28   #54
bear

bear is an unknown quantity at this point
Pa doesnt stagnate because of private galaxies or non private galaxies. Pa stagnates because of dominating powerblocks. You cant stop alliance blocking. Everyone has their own freedom to be allies with who they want.

Basically Pa is the same like a 'food chain'. The big attack the smaller. The weakest get attacked most. And stagnation occurs at the point where the strongest dont meet any resistance anymore.

I forgot on which thread I read the suggestion.. But I kinda agree with this.. Perhaps Pa crew should create some bot controlled "farm gals", which will complement the player based gals and create more targets.

R8 was fun for the people who ended up in an active gal. R8 was a disaster for the ones who ended up in an inactive gal. Activity, as i said before, is the key to being a top planet/gal and alliance. To an extent, nothing can change that. Besides.. It wouldnt be fair if people who put in 1 hour a day would have the same benefits as people who are online 10 hours a day.
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 21:23   #55
Ditcher

Ditcher is an unknown quantity at this point
It doesnt stagnate because of blocks. It stagnates because there are just too few people to initiate roids. I personally dont give jack**** about whats the deal with some alliances as long as I can go and pick some nice planet to get attack going in. So in terms of playability last round was as ****ty as this. Add inactive galmemebers (7/10 for me) and you have hell. Well it was certainly fun to hang mostly with P in galchannel all round.... I could try randoms with going on with few guys and mixing them up or with 15-20 galsize but last round setup was just plain horrible for some people.
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 21:28   #56
bear

bear is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I forgot on which thread I read the suggestion.. But I kinda agree with this.. Perhaps Pa crew should create some bot controlled "farm gals", which will complement the player based gals and create more targets.
this suggestion does exactly what you're talking about :-) It gives the universe more targets and more roids. See other thread about it...
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 21:43   #57
Ditcher

Ditcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Aah thanks. Ill go and read the thread.
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 03:01   #58
Ice
Angel

Ice is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
If round 10 isnt random. PA will deserve to die. THis round should have been random.
(Illegal) as that sorta caused it
(Illegal) so he was running to the bathroom with cum dripping from his face
(Illegal) yer
(Illegal) poor sod
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote