User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Feb 2003, 12:46   #1
Calibretto

Wink Know whats funny?

Sign ups seem to delay as we all figured now. One thing that makes me a lil curious is why they still havent told us what it will cost as there cant be a prob with figuring that out?!??

We would like to have atleast some info, thank u!
Unread 1 Feb 2003, 12:53   #2
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold
yep, i can understand the delays cause of the server problems, but we should have been told the price several days ago even before they had the problems

maybe there are no problems except for the price they havent figured out yet?

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2003, 13:19   #3
Calibretto

I bet PA-Team want to make it 10$ again, but Jolt wants to make it 10 a week :P and PA-team knows what would come, PA's final Coughin-Nail.
Unread 1 Feb 2003, 13:42   #4
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
It's business sense to increase the prices. Nearly all of us left are 'hardcore' players, and so an we're a price inelastic market, so a price increase would make more money, as not many people wouldnt play, imo.
Unread 1 Feb 2003, 14:24   #5
Calibretto

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Fish
It's business sense to increase the prices. Nearly all of us left are 'hardcore' players, and so an we're a price inelastic market, so a price increase would make more money, as not many people wouldnt play, imo.
Wrong!!!

This is capitalism. The lowest prize rules the market, therefore an payment increase would be the defenat Deathstab for PA. What would Spinner want with a 500 Playerbase full of hardcore Geeks. (500 would even be too much)

Star Sphere or any of the other Clones would take over and PA would be forgotten fast. Spinner would be livin on the street eating garbage and we would all have a life again

PLEASE INCREASE THE PRIZES!!!!
Unread 1 Feb 2003, 14:57   #6
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
hehe, it will most likely be the same as last round..and I dont think there is any reason to rise it for this round..I am willing to accept a smal raise for round 10 though(if it will be as great as they say)

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2003, 17:25   #7
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Calibretto - if thats true, why isnt SS the front runner now? its free afterall, yet people keep coming back here.

It is business sense, you obviously dont grasp it tho.
Unread 1 Feb 2003, 17:31   #8
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Fish
Calibretto - if thats true, why isnt SS the front runner now? its free afterall, yet people keep coming back here.

It is business sense, you obviously dont grasp it tho.
cos SS sucks, simple. PA will always be the best of these games.
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2003, 17:34   #9
Calibretto

Quote:
Originally posted by Colt
cos SS sucks, simple. PA will always be the best of these games.

^ There u go I dont have to say more. ^
Unread 1 Feb 2003, 19:08   #10
wakka
commander

wakka can only hope to improve
fun factor

Hey guys which would you rather play? A free game that pretends to be like planetarion, like star sphere, or ******** which died anyway or planet harvest which never got off the ground and probibly never will. these games suck... Or PLANETERION, the original, the origin of the species of space based war games, the game people try to copy with dissasterous results, I'm telling you Ive tried other games out there, and nothing compares to PA. Myself I would play it at twice the price and alot of you would too,so don't fool yourself if it goes to 15 to 20 dollars alot of you would still play,because of the comunity and the chance to meet new people,and the shere enjoyment of the game. Its a good time and you know it...

Everybody say a prayer for our astronauts who died this morning in the space shuttle columbia, it broke apart on re-entry over texas.

Last edited by wakka; 2 Feb 2003 at 01:28.
wakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2003, 20:03   #11
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Originally posted by Calibretto
^ There u go I dont have to say more. ^
erm, seeing as though PA is the original people WOULD be prepared to pay more.

simple. Price elasticity of demand.
Unread 1 Feb 2003, 21:33   #12
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold
Re: fun factor

Quote:
Originally posted by wakka
Hey guys which would you rather play? A free game that pretends to be like planetarion, like star sphere, or ******** which died anyway or planet harvest which never got off the ground and probibly never will. these games suck... Or PLANETERION, the original, the origin of the species of space based war games, the game people try to copy with dissasterous results, I'm telling you Ive tried other games out there, and nothing compares to PA. Myself I would play it at twice the price and alot of you would too,so don't fool yourself if it goes to 15 to 20 dollars alot of you would still play,because of the comunity and the chance to meet new people,and the shere enjoyment of the game. Its a good time and you know it...
cant agree with you more

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 05:56   #13
Drengar

uhmm its PA, whatd id you expect?
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 06:53   #14
Ditcher

Ditcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually SS and hmm for example WSA are not that much behind planetarion anymore. And I would choose SS with 20k players over planetarion with 4k players anytime....
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 09:53   #15
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Ditcher
Actually SS and hmm for example WSA are not that much behind planetarion anymore. And I would choose SS with 20k players over planetarion with 4k players anytime....
heh, last time i heard it only had 9k, tho i might b a little outdated
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 13:59   #16
Ditcher

Ditcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Colt
heh, last time i heard it only had 9k, tho i might b a little outdated
heh yeah true but plane wont have 4k either
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 16:12   #17
illaname

i played the origonal rounds before they introduced the charge to let you play, i still want to play as it was gret fun but cant due to 1. geting some way to pay (i dotn have credit cards or anything suitable) 2. getting cash anyway,

im thinking of trying a clone version just so i can play something similar (and not as good) but free

David
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 22:17   #18
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
You could try paying 10euro/dollar to someone with a CC to pay for you. Most peope without a CC still know people that do posses one.

hAl