User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Jan 2003, 18:40   #1
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
Zeus

I had a look around for another thread on this but there didn't seem to be one, so, here goes.

I won't deny that I've not always agreed with your methods of work or approaches to things, but in the recent tough and trying months you've stuck with us all at all times and been more helpful than ever when things have looked bleak. In the last half year you've earned my true respect for sticking to this game despite seemingly everyone else in authority vanishing and not wanting to talk to anyone in the community or in pateam.

Best of luck to you with the job and the best to your family.

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 18:47   #2
Tuck
Legend

Tuck is an unknown quantity at this point
cu Zues u'll be missed

Thanks for making the past 18 months of my life what it is

good luck to you and your new job.
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 18:47   #3
Karmulian

Dave,
Many thanks for all you have done for this game...
and talking to you over these last few months i know it has been difficult for you

best of luck outside Pa m8y.
hope mrs.Zeus enjoys the free tiem you will have
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 18:58   #4
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point
good luck man.
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 18:58   #5
Scaggydo
Necro's Minion

Scaggydo is an unknown quantity at this point
Zeus,

i am sure i speak for all the planetarion community when i say we are completely thankful for your contributions to this game/community throughout all the previous rounds.

may i wish you all the luck in the world in ure new job (and as im on NTL, sort me out a fre broadband line ) and in the future rounds of planetarion in which u choose to play.

there is nothing else to say, simply thankyou, good luck, and all the best, from myself and i am sure every single player of planetarion past and present.

--Scaggeh--

ex-NFU, ex-Silver HC
R1-nfi, R2-C4, R3-12:8:4, R4-140:15:1, R5-29:12:17, R6-27:13:2, R7-RL, R8-RL, R9-36:5:1, R9.5-Asleep
Scaggydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 19:06   #6
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
good luck with the new job zeus

i hope u will still be allowed out for the meets

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 19:13   #7
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Best wishes for the future and hope you still keep lurking around.
Pa will miss your infuence in its development and some of your rough charms
Even if we agreed to disagree alot of times and you hated us furys to the heart, i can speak for the whole of our little community that we enjoyed the time with you and the sportsmenship in our competition. I guess without your "hatred" you wouldnt have motivated others to fight us and maybe wouldnt have motivated ourselfs to prove you wrong

good luck, hope you still consider coming around on any london/UK meetings or Ix events.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 19:14   #8
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future
Thanks for everything David

Take Care

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 19:15   #9
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
I've worked with Zeus since about 1999 I think, I don't remember

We've not always seen eye-to-eye. But...

I've got a lot of respect for that man. A good guy indeed.

All the best to Mr David "Zeus" O'Hare.

It's been fun.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 19:19   #10
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Zeus-

I know we haven't exactly seen eye-to-eye recently, but I respect your passion and enthusiasm for this game, and the effort you've put in--at the expense of your finances--to keep it going. It is greatly appreciated.

Best of luck to you at your new job, you made the right choice. Family security > Planetarion

I don't doubt it was a hard choice to make, but as they say, "a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do".

See you on the battlefield.

Matt Zuniga

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 19:19   #11
Buddha

Buddha is an unknown quantity at this point
So Long, Farewell, To you my friend. You will be missed by all I think.
Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 19:21   #12
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
I don't know what you're doing for NTL but if you show them the same dedication you showed PA (especially over the last few months) you'll be a great asset to them. Good luck and have fun with your family
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 19:24   #13
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for your time, commitment and effort over the past 2 and a bit years. You stuck by PA and its community when others would (and did) just disappear. To me you have earnt your self-endowed reputation as a true gamer, you will always be Mr PA.

Good luck and best wishes for the future.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 19:26   #14
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
You and I didnt always shared the same opinion, hell, sometimes we were quite the opposit, but nevertheless, you always gave your fullest and went for what you believed in.

You and your commitment is what kept planetarion alive, thank you for that, and thank you for the commitment, since we must be a demanding bunch.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you.

Theamion
Knight Theamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 19:28   #15
the_angry_angel
Supreme Moron

the_angry_angel is an unknown quantity at this point
:'( I hope you have a good life without PA , we'll all miss you I am sure
Visit us, pllllllllllleeeeease
the_angry_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 19:29   #16
Ap0k
Spritely:

Ap0k is an unknown quantity at this point
there is little for meh to say here that hasnt already been said. i just thought id hop on the bandwagon and wish the best of luck.

you know my feeling m8
take care, and ill cya round
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 19:31   #17
Ditcher

Ditcher is an unknown quantity at this point
gl
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 19:32   #18
jornx

jornx is an unknown quantity at this point
the few times we spoke you seemed like a nice guy..
Shame that will leave us...
r3 jornx of Vegeta III (83:14:19)
r4 Kah'less of Klingon Home World (47:7:1) [Ely]
r5 Talak'Talan of Jem'Hadar (30:4:1) [RYB] [Ely]
r6 Odo of the Founders (33:17:2) [RYB] [VtS]
r7 Steve Orenstein of Wicked Pictures (20:20:1) [RYB] [VtS]
r8 The unbearable lightness of being (31:3:3) [RYB] [Titans]
r9 The beauty of silence (40:5:1) [RYB]
r9.5 ruler_27_3_9 of planet_27_3_9 (27:9:3) [RYB]

[RYB] forever
jornx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 19:33   #19
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I don't think there's much that I can add to what has already been said

Over the past few weeks/months, you've shown a lot of community spirit, and I've gained quite a bit of respect for you

Yoru anouncemens will be missd!
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 19:41   #20
Yeh_of_Arcanum

Yeh_of_Arcanum is infamous around these partsYeh_of_Arcanum is infamous around these partsYeh_of_Arcanum is infamous around these partsYeh_of_Arcanum is infamous around these partsYeh_of_Arcanum is infamous around these partsYeh_of_Arcanum is infamous around these parts
Thanks for all the work u have done (hopely u have done something too) Havent met u personal so nothin to say really...GL with ur life/family...remember to be with them more now when u got time...

And my visit here wasnt too long...back to active playing in other universe

Zhil: Ur "book" finished yet? (U can drop it into #quha sometime if its done.)

PA r5: 10:13:20 - Smudge the Ignored of Sect [Fury][Quha] - #11 - gal #4
SS r3: 1:16:18 - Kukko of Tunkio [O^O][Quha] - #2 - gal #7
MW r1: 1:44:10 - Yeh of Arcanum [Quha] - #1 - gal #1
PL r5: 43:5:2 - Dictator of This Galaxy [Cathexis][Quha] - #1 - gal #1
Speed PA r2 2:24:8 - Dictator of This Galaxy [T&P] - #10 - gal KIA
Yeh_of_Arcanum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 19:45   #21
Provider
Smurf Forever

Provider is an unknown quantity at this point
Best of luck mate.

-=Caliban [ND HC]=-

rnd 3: If I only could remember - GIA HC/TGS
rnd 4: [30:14:3] (smurfs) - Fury/TGS HC || rnd 5: [21:4:16] (gauls) - TGS HC / WPO
rnd 6: [1:2:4] (LotR) - WP HC || rnd 7: [22:8:9] - WP HC
rnd 8: [55:8:9] - WP HC || rnd 9: [11:10:8] - WP HC || rnd 9,5: [x:y:z] -
WP HC rnd 10,11,12 etc cant be assed anymore to write it down here.
rnd 35, 36. 37: ND

Proud to be a Wolf in [WolfPack]
Provider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 19:47   #22
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
and why was my post deleted?

I guess opinions aren't permitted anymore?

twats.

PS, I never said anything offensive, just because I'm not jumping on the 'Zeus was oh so great' bandwagon doesn't mean my post should be deleted.
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 19:49   #23
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Torz
and why was my post deleted?

I guess opinions aren't permitted anymore?

twats.

PS, I never said anything offensive, just because I'm not jumping on the 'Zeus was oh so great' bandwagon doesn't mean my post should be deleted.

aces.
Knight Theamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 19:51   #24
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
Actually, I admire Zeus in a way for sticking with PA but to suggest he was overly competent or really had a clue is going _too_ far.
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 19:56   #25
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
tata Zeus, sort out your life now, you deserv it
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 19:58   #26
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Mate it has been, and will remain an honour to have shared this community(dream) with you .. and i think we at heart have u 2 thank we can go on living the dream ...
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 20:03   #27
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of
Thanks for participation in the running of planetarion.

Slainte

Al
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 20:14   #28
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
soz

Thank you VERY much for all uve done for p.a over the years Zeus.

I have not agreed with u at everything, but the sheer mass of work and commitment u have given to the game is astonoshing!

Good luck wherever real life may take you, and have fun working for NTL!

Isil
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 20:24   #29
hinch
Banned

hinch is an unknown quantity at this point
well ive known you for a very long time infact longer than most i think.

we may disagree sometimes but you always have been and always will be a top bloke.

as ive said before you are welcome to leeds for beer anytime you like and if your still a cs player lets see you on the FACS server now you have some time.

will be good to kill you over and over again 8o)

good luck and enjoy

(ps if you wanna make my ntl cable free your welcome to do so)
hinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 20:32   #30
-QS-
nub since 2002

-QS- is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Zeus!

Sad to see you goin!!!

Hope we meet on battlefield!!!
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 20:48   #31
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
respect to the man who showed up on irc when things got sour and no one else had the balls to do so.
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 20:49   #32
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
Gl luck in the future Zeus, hope your new job gives you a bit less stress thn ur previous one
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 21:29   #33
Lord_fo

its a shame to see you go zeus, you were the best! HF with that telecom compagny and i totaly get why you leave us :/
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 21:43   #34
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point
Bye Zeus - all the best for you and your family. You're a tough guy
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 22:14   #35
Kalle
still Ensign??

Kalle is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think there's much that I can add to what has already been said

we (the com) will miss you

and the hardest question... who will moderate the next CH??

Spinner or Prince?

well.... good luck in RL for you and your family
Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 22:39   #36
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
ta ta Zeus, you were a gimp, but a good hearted gimp who did more than most of your fellow gimps. gg wp.

&Omega;
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 22:45   #37
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough
I have only one thing to Zeus::

Thankyou, and Good Luck for the future.

You afforts have been apreciated more than you know it, you shall be missed.

Zeus - A True Gamer Indeed.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 23:11   #38
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the great job you did for us Zeus! You will be missed!

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 23:24   #39
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Didn't read the announcementforum yet, but I can now guess what's on it

GL with your real life Zeus, we'll miss you...
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 23:29   #40
Shakky
Divine

Shakky is an unknown quantity at this point
Zeus

Good Luck in your new job and with your family

U have proven to me that u are a 'True gamer'

god speed

-=shak=-

Nosferatu
Silver
Elysium
RaH
Eclipse
Shakky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 23:38   #41
Legolas
State of Bliss

Legolas is an unknown quantity at this point
Good luck Zeus.

You know how much you mean to us, cards in the post.

Legolas.
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 23:42   #42
Pizza3695
Commander

Pizza3695 is an unknown quantity at this point
Zeus, your a hero to these people.

/me hands Zeus the Heroism medal

God Speed Sir

/me salutes the best of the best
Now is forever.
Pizza3695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 02:51   #43
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Torz
Actually, I admire Zeus in a way for sticking with PA but to suggest he was overly competent or really had a clue is going _too_ far.
Torz! I *don't* think he's amazingly skilled and I *don't* think he was perfect for the job.

I *do* think he's a great guy, with heart and passion. Say what you will, but this guy *cares*

You're free to offer your opinions mate, but in this thread, praising a genuinely good guy, I'm gonna say something I've never said to you before: STFU!

Respect, Mr Zeus.

Thanks for all the fish!

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 03:03   #44
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
For all you've done for the game:

"thanks"

Most plain and simple way of putting it regardless of the opinions others may hold of you.

A shame to see you go, but I guess everything has to come to an end and no-one should be able to argue that you should put Planetarion before your family. Best of luck in your new job, and for the future and don't dissapear from IRC totally.

You will be remembered for many rounds to come.

A2
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 03:18   #45
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point
Good luck Zeus and thanks for everything you've done for the community.
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 04:48   #46
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the time you gave to the Best Game on the Web.

Good Luck with NTL, for my money, they are getting one hell of a bargain.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 09:14   #47
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Some of you lot are amazing.....
You've done nothing but moan about Zeus for the last year or so, but now he's leaving, there is nothing but praise!
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 10:47   #48
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Good luck Zeus, you were always my fav creator :-)
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 11:54   #49
-o|DarkJedi|o-

-o|DarkJedi|o- is infamous around these parts
later Z

all the best etc

<@JonnyFive> well there you go, dj's ego really is mightier than ships

<@Hevonen> DarkJedi, thank god

[00:02] <Iniluki> self glorfying sigs are ****ing childish
[00:04] <DarkJedi> arrogance is bliss
-o|DarkJedi|o- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 12:31   #50