User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Nov 2002, 16:23   #1
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Mobile Phones

Don't you hate people who have difficulties giving you a phonecall and write you an annoying 160-sign SMS instead, forcing you to answer it.

IT COSTS FRIGGIN FORTUNES TO SEND A LOAD OF SMS'.
IT IS A LOT CHEAPER TO MAKE CALLS THAN TO SEND SMS'.
(at least in Finland)

When do people realize it fs?
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 16:29   #2
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a mate who texts you to make plans to go out. It takes 5 or 6 text messages to set a time to meet. I call somone and have a 30 second phone call. I dont even use my mobile any more tbh, I dont see the need for it.
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 16:36   #3
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
A friend of mine sends messages liek 'Yes' or 'Ok' or 'When was it?'.

It drops ye off alot.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 16:47   #4

yeah, that sux
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 19:16   #5
Ditcher

Ditcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Heh. Thats so finnish..

I've come to conclusion that many peeps are to shy to call semi-familiar friend/person and prefer SMS because of it.

I usually call the guy if i got sms like "out tonight?" etc.
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 20:12   #6

Mobile phones are gay.
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 21:22   #7
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
I used to send over 2000 SMS's a month, as they were free, now I just call from other peoples landlines, which is also free, a retard = you.
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 21:26   #8
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
I have a Pay-as-you-go and it cost me 5p to send a 459 character SMS.

I don't usually make calls since it costs a bomb, like 50ppm or some crap like that....
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 07:09   #9
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
SMS's are free

as are some phone calls

but i mainly use this internal Uni phone to call friends from uni
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 07:29   #10
Demon1411

My last phone bill (for three months I think) was 15€.
More then half of it was fixed monthly payment.

Not exactly a heavy speaker, eh?
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 20:34   #11
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light
what you can convey in a minimum-charge phone call would cost about 40p in texts if you are arranging something
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 20:42   #12
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
I can SMS for free

Therefore its cheaper for me to send billions of them than make a single call

I rock

You dont

Thank you
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 21:34   #13
Nixjim
Commander

Nixjim is an unknown quantity at this point
I've never seen the logic behind using a phone to write someone a letter. The phone was invented to make it possible to speak directly to the other person, which is far easier than typing out a message on a phone. SMS is useless to me.

Fear the Bunny
Nixjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 22:11   #14
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
hey man why the 3 month bump

thats just not
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 22:16   #15
WST
A Big Pile of Awesome

WST is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Luckeh!!!!
I have a Pay-as-you-go and it cost me 5p to send a 459 character SMS.

I don't usually make calls since it costs a bomb, like 50ppm or some crap like that....
what network?
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 00:48   #16
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I wrote a J2ME application that send multiple textmessages to a server running on a computer using WAP, and the server was then going to use a free internet gateway to send them for no cost at all, but I got bored of the idea before I could write the server so now I just have a mobile phone that sends large amounts of text messages in XML format to NOWHERE lolz

:/
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 00:50   #17
WST
A Big Pile of Awesome

WST is on a distinguished road
heh, fair enough
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 14:55   #18
seventh
Lai

seventh is an unknown quantity at this point
I CAN SEND 100 MESSAGES A DAY
#
and i did! by accident
[18:02]<DJ_Bass>When i was just a knee basher i ran outside with a coat hanger above my head thinking it would repel lightning

[18:03]<Ashknight>If it hit you, now that would explain a LOT
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Follow the guy in front
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
<Bloomers> you are fitter tho
seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 15:41   #19
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
I'm on O2 and get 600 free txts, unlimited WAP and 100 free anytime calls (to landline / O2). So it works out a lot cheaper to me to txt my friends on other networks and call ppl i know on O2 as its like 50ppm to phone someone on Orange for example.

That cost me £20 a month, and i dont go over any of my limits or make any calls to other networks really...
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 16:11   #20
Gargle
drunk as usual.

Gargle is an unknown quantity at this point
text messages should be banned. it's a lot easier to say things with a txt-msg that you normally wouldnt say to a girl than to phone the girl, xpecially when drunk...

HELLO LAST THURSDAY!
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 16:58   #21
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by
Mobile phones are gay.
The ghost of GD
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 17:37   #22
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
What's wrong with irc/mail?
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 17:40   #23
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by W
What's wrong with irc/mail?
Their computer's fan might make too much noise for them to keep it turned on at night, and they might live with people so you couldnt phone their landline or youd wake others up, so what would you do if they were getting attacked by zergs or something in an online game and you couldnt get in contact with them to tell them because they had no mobile phone and they died and your galaxy lost points and was no longer in the top 10 and all the other players pointed and laughed at you?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote