User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 21 Nov 2014, 16:44   #1
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice
More planets

So ... lets think of what this game needs ... more players? not going to happen ... so what can we do to make things more interesting and profitable for current players?

Allow multiple planets per account.

How would this work?
Credit 1= upgrade
Credit 2= second planet unlocked
Credit 3= second planet upgrade
Credit 4= third planet unlocked
Credit 5= third planet upgrade

How would this work???

You would login like normal, from the top right there could be a drop down box showing your other planet or two if you had them. The ruler name (for transparency would be the same on all three planets.

-You would get full alliance ETA btwn your 3 planets

-Planets could be in a BP or latestart for your bp.

-Planets could all be in one alliance BUT if one planet is in an alliance the other two could not join different ones.

-Allied ETA btwn your planets and your alliance if they are not in the alliance (maybe?)

-If one planet is in an alliance the others receive allied status and cant be attacked to prevent farming.

What will this do?

-It will provide possible more income for a game tht could use the income for promoting, for upgrades, for better service in general.

-More ships

-More planets

-More roids

-More targets

-Better for small allies, as they could try to fill a full 60 planet tag and compete.

-Better for individuals as you may be able to create your own dynamic team ups.

-Better for attacks as you might have 3x the fleets if all members were upgraded

-Better for def as you might go the route of using the other two planets for def purposes.

-Better for spread out gals, as you now have a choice to have 3x your own planets, spreading out the 'good players' ...

-Gals are also filled with better players if you chose to do 1 bp and 2 randoms etc etc etc

basically we are faced with a point where PA isnt going to get more players ... not the way it is now. So how to milk it out and at least make the game feel bigger, maybe attract old players? More planets and easy management of them.

Along with this I think ST should clearly be banned for ever.
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2014, 18:10   #2
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice
Re: More planets

agree, brilliant idea.

we do need more planets, and one player shud have all planets in same alliance that woud work perfectly.. could lead to more aliances as well, as maybe alliances only need 20-30 players wiht 2-3 planets to compete... this could be very interesting.. keep alliance score limits etc the same ... could also mean an aliance could operate wiht say, 60 members, but potentially 120 support planets for def/attack if they're not in tag.

really good idea.

let's try it
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2014, 18:58   #3
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caj View Post
agree, brilliant idea.

we do need more planets, and one player shud have all planets in same alliance that woud work perfectly.. could lead to more aliances as well, as maybe alliances only need 20-30 players wiht 2-3 planets to compete... this could be very interesting.. keep alliance score limits etc the same ... could also mean an aliance could operate wiht say, 60 members, but potentially 120 support planets for def/attack if they're not in tag.

really good idea.

let's try it
This has been tried out before.
eXiltion had around 60 People playing, who controlled around 300 planets.
But yes, leaglizing multies, With the current XP formula!
THIS SOUNDS BRILLIANT!

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2014, 20:05   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There's a whole bunch of details to fill in, but in principle I'm in favour. It'll never happen though, so I won't waste my time.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2014, 23:13   #5
Zeke

Zeke is on a distinguished road

Interesting idea, however these two things cancel each other out:

"-Better for attacks as you might have 3x the fleets if all members were upgraded

-Better for def as you might go the route of using the other two planets for def purposes."

instead of 3 fleets for attack you now have 9
instead of 3 fleets for defence you now have 9

No difference, but it takes a little more time to calc and send
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2014, 00:04   #6
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice

Cool idea worth a shot
Round 81 - Ultores - Rank 73rd.
Round 83 - Ultores - Rank 16th.
Round 91 - Lucky7 - Rank 50th.
Round 92 - Lucky7 - Rank 39th.
Adapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2014, 03:37   #7
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Interesting idea, however these two things cancel each other out:

"-Better for attacks as you might have 3x the fleets if all members were upgraded

-Better for def as you might go the route of using the other two planets for def purposes."

instead of 3 fleets for attack you now have 9
instead of 3 fleets for defence you now have 9

No difference, but it takes a little more time to calc and send
well in my idea the planets would only have alliance eta to your own planet and allied eta to your alliance unless they are actually in tag, BUT it could help you personally have 6 more fleets to defend your 'main planet' some people might play all three planets, could we see one person with 3 top 3 planets? I mean there are lots of possibilities and the game just made 5x the credits off of one account possibly. I already end up upgrading a lot of people typically now are the richies going to be buying more members planets too?? lol
Unread 22 Nov 2014, 04:00   #8
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
This has been tried out before.
But yes, leaglizing multies, With the current XP formula!
THIS SOUNDS BRILLIANT!
Its not just legalizing another account, that probably still wouldnt be allowed still I guess. But its giving you control of more resources and options, and instead of logging in and out of other planets you pay for it and have an interface that supports it (via drop down to select what planet you are looking at) ... i mean imagine if youu go wrong strat .... you could upgrade aadn change strats, say your attack partner crashes, you could build a new planet to support your attacks. I mean who knows options are just a lot better for game play.

And yes XP still needs to be fixed ... IMO that means no mil centers. Coming back to this Mil center thing was just lame
Unread 22 Nov 2014, 05:49   #9
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

My main concern with this is that 90% of the playerbase can't play 1 planet well so the idea of them playing 33is horrifying.

All this would end up doing would be locking off the top 100 to an exclusive club of hardcores that would get all 3 planets in there.

The allied eta thing only really affects fi/co as other classes can still be picked off +1. So would the whole uni go fi/co to make these planets redundant.

Obviously this idea would never happen as its too easily abusable and far too elitist, which is why is come from one of the elite players.

On top of all this you want people to pay £20 to play this heap of shit for 7 weeks????? LOL!!!!
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2014, 10:18   #10
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

yeah even more of 'the more money you have, the easier it is'.

Totally abusable in a variety of ways and would end up having LESS planets.

Reasons being:

People like me, who are now not hardcore just would stop playing. It is hard enough having little net access without having no chance of any decent rank.

People would get more incoming due to more attack fleets, burn out even quicker and stop playing.
That then leads to even more incoming for the few that are left, meaning they will burn out quicker.

People wouldn't necessarily buy more credits. For instance, player 1 buys 3 credits, uses 1 and gives two to friends.
This time though, he buys 3 credits and uses them for himself. His two friends have no credits and don't play. This then makes the two reasons above happen even quicker.

I think this idea could have worked in a universe of 200k players, but in such a small universe it will have the reverse effect of what you are wanting to achieve.

Last edited by Forest; 22 Nov 2014 at 10:19. Reason: spelling mistake
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2014, 10:50   #11
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post

Reasons being:

People like me, who are now not hardcore just would stop playing. It is hard enough having little net access without having no chance of any decent rank.

People would get more incoming due to more attack fleets, burn out even quicker and stop playing.
That then leads to even more incoming for the few that are left, meaning they will burn out quicker.

People wouldn't necessarily buy more credits. For instance, player 1 buys 3 credits, uses 1 and gives two to friends.
This time though, he buys 3 credits and uses them for himself. His two friends have no credits and don't play. This then makes the two reasons above happen even quicker.

I think this idea could have worked in a universe of 200k players, but in such a small universe it will have the reverse effect of what you are wanting to achieve.
i've suggested multiple planets with 1 login before without the cost for extra credits. In all fairness in the games current state i think it would be fun for the community, it will bring the gameplay to a new dimension and it might attract old and new players.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2014, 14:41   #12
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
i've suggested multiple planets with 1 login before without the cost for extra credits. In all fairness in the games current state i think it would be fun for the community, it will bring the gameplay to a new dimension and it might attract old and new players.
That is essentially just having three planets per person but I think it would have the same effect as above.
The risk is, you would just end up with the hardcore being even more untouchable, and the recreationals getting even more smashed (having less time). I struggle to do one planet, let alone three.
Unread 22 Nov 2014, 17:01   #13
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

how so? if you and your friends all have 3x more planets, those untouchable guys and untouchable galaxies now have a lot more to worry about, I think it would even the playing field out quite a bit. Just imagine the 30 man tag thats rape and farmed all round .... now they have possible 90 planets, they could be a major game changed if all were buying more planets.

The current scheme is still losing players, so why not try to generate some more income and some more play for everyone ... cause right now it aint workin.
Unread 22 Nov 2014, 17:03   #14
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

and again with only a 60 man tag size that means that 20-30 man alliance could fill a tag easily with 3 or 2 planets, now meaning smaller alliances could compete for alliance wins.
Unread 22 Nov 2014, 17:05   #15
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh, I can't even play one planet properly

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2014, 20:40   #16
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

I can hear the whine allready, having to play against 10000 lith planets, all bought with stolen credit cards.
If you attack CarDi or some of the other criminals you would get retalled by norton waves with well over 2000 SK fleets attacking you.

Unread 23 Nov 2014, 01:08   #17
snoops^
p1mp

snoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I can hear the whine allready, having to play against 10000 lith planets, all bought with stolen credit cards.
If you attack CarDi or some of the other criminals you would get retalled by norton waves with well over 2000 SK fleets attacking you.
you couldnt sound more butthurt if you tried.

ReBorn-Fury-Wolfpack-1up-Newdawn-DLR-NFI-Apprime-

*CEO of the Forest fan club
snoops^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2014, 02:29   #18
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoops^ View Post
you couldnt sound more butthurt if you tried.
Unread 23 Nov 2014, 10:34   #19
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In fairness to Forest & co, it does take more effort to play 3 planets than it does to play 1. And since everyone plays 3 planets, you're required to do the same if you want to keep up. That is a real downside, and it deserves to be recognized.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 24 Nov 2014, 12:15   #20
Bob_Hunk

Bob_Hunk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Reasons being:

Quoted For Truth.

Running one planet is enough of a time sink; three would feel like a second job. What proportion of the universe is currently free and what proportion is upgraded (I genuinely have no idea)? I imagine this will put off the free players. If they're not willing to pay for one planet then they certainly won't pay for two or three. I really could see this causing a drop in the player base.
Unread 24 Nov 2014, 12:43   #21
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Instead of a pay2win solution I'd like to see a system where you can buy extra planets with ingame resources.
I think it would add an extra dimension to the game: do you spread your value out between planets in the hope of gaining more in the end, or focus on 1 planet.

Haven't really thought it through though so it might be the worst idea in pa since the mil centre :-)

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2014, 18:43   #22
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Lies!
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 00:24   #23
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA View Post
Lies!
Who told you this? MrJ?

Unread 25 Nov 2014, 16:49   #24
Atilla

Atilla has a spectacular aura aboutAtilla has a spectacular aura aboutAtilla has a spectacular aura about

I like the idea, hope to see it sometime in the future.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2014, 11:39   #25
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

I played 15 planets this round. First time with more than 1. 6 planets top 50 ... 0 ally def ... others def type planets. I noticed little effect on the pa community and most planets had so many incs that it def provided more targets. I dont plan to do it again but i was curious if it would be possible to play them all in their own and it was. In non single tgt it might be harder but imo for the game to profit this idea is THE only way.
Unread 2 Jan 2015, 12:54   #26
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMagic View Post
I played 15 planets this round.
Erm, what?
Unread 2 Jan 2015, 13:34   #27
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Took 3 weeks, but the troll finally paid off!
Unread 2 Jan 2015, 21:41   #28
XTC 69

XTC 69 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree PA does need more planets, but i dont think this will be the best way to go in the longterm

It would just mean 3 times the amount of support planets for certain individuals who are lucky enough to have other players playing solely to help them / their gal finish top.
3 times more incoming fleets either as escorts or for fleetcatch when those individuals and their support planets / alliance decide to target you because you somehow got lucky and landed on them.
Resulting in people being 3 times more frustrated and giving up playing.

You could always increase the amount of planets each player can have with each round to 5, 8, 10 whatever to replace those players departing i suppose until you are left with 10 players controlling 60 planets each.

The answer is attracting new players!!

-----------------------
imarbles of Goodspliff
r2 - No Alliance
r3 -XPA / G-II
r4/5/6/7 - HC @ G-II
r8 - retired to lead a normal life and have a full nights sleep
-----------------------
XTC 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2015, 05:28   #29
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

This is a great idea for the upcoming round id love to see it put into place
Unread 5 Jan 2015, 19:34   #30
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Free accounts get one planet
Upgraded accounts get two planets,
Upgraded accounts score is either both planets score combined or the average score of both their planets.
In its current state there is little to no chance of attracting new players but we can create extra planets with a little lateral thinking.
Upgraded account planets can defend each other but can't attack each other (obvious I know but there are some seriously stupid people on the forums)
Ally limits would have to be based on players not planets

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2015, 03:07   #31
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedeejem! View Post
instead of a pay2win solution i'd like to see a system where you can buy extra planets with ingame resources.
I think it would add an extra dimension to the game: Do you spread your value out between planets in the hope of gaining more in the end, or focus on 1 planet.

Haven't really thought it through though so it might be the worst idea in pa since the mil centre :-)

+1
Unread 6 Jan 2015, 03:11   #32
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

an alternate solution is to have "dead" planets which generate income to your gal fund, and increases its roid count by 10 per day, it doesn't have any ships or defences so its up to the gal to defend those roids to fill the gal fund.

these planets can be taken over by new players who sign up mid round or later so they don't have to init a bunch of roids initially, this could also replace late start new planets and each gal would be 10-20 planets including bp+randoms but capped at a set number.

For Example
at the start of the round there are 7 planets per gal 4 bp 3 random(usually at 7 at the start of the round you have 12ish players by the end of the round). there would then be a cap of say 15 planets per gal. exiles would no longer move their planet but move their "population" to a new planet leaving their old planet behind taking only ships/cons/resources/research.

Last edited by Blue_Esper; 6 Jan 2015 at 03:20.
Blue_Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2015, 06:17   #33
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I rather like that.
Unread 6 Jan 2015, 16:28   #34
Atilla

Atilla has a spectacular aura aboutAtilla has a spectacular aura aboutAtilla has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
an alternate solution is to have "dead" planets which generate income to your gal fund, and increases its roid count by 10 per day, it doesn't have any ships or defences so its up to the gal to defend those roids to fill the gal fund.

these planets can be taken over by new players who sign up mid round or later so they don't have to init a bunch of roids initially, this could also replace late start new planets and each gal would be 10-20 planets including bp+randoms but capped at a set number.

For Example
at the start of the round there are 7 planets per gal 4 bp 3 random(usually at 7 at the start of the round you have 12ish players by the end of the round). there would then be a cap of say 15 planets per gal. exiles would no longer move their planet but move their "population" to a new planet leaving their old planet behind taking only ships/cons/resources/research.
a very interesting concept.. i like it.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2015, 15:35   #35
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

gzams idea of having the average score counted is interesting ... that would mean if you want to do good score wise you would have to not just have support planets ...
Unread 9 Jan 2015, 14:09   #36
Mrbaggio

Mrbaggio is an unknown quantity at this point

Good idea
Mrbaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2015, 07:24   #37
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

some good ideas in here
getting more planets (and more targets) will generate more real players in the long run

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2015, 10:04   #38
Forest

It really won't bring any more players.

It will drive a few away as people wont want/be able to compete against others with more planets.

But none of the suggestion is about more players, it is about more planets and that is two completely different things.
Unread 11 Jan 2015, 10:41   #39
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
It really won't bring any more players.

It will drive a few away as people wont want/be able to compete against others with more planets.

But none of the suggestion is about more players, it is about more planets and that is two completely different things.
topic is more planets.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2015, 10:52   #40
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
some good ideas in here
getting more planets (and more targets) will generate more real players in the long run
This wrong. Pa will not get more real players. Anyone freshly lookiing at space mmos will go to AD2460 over this purely for the graphics.

A lot of us might think it is crap but for someone new it's completely superior in every way
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2015, 15:51   #41
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
topic is more planets.
And the post before mine, which i replied to, states more players.

Do try and keep up.
Unread 11 Jan 2015, 21:07   #42
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

it might not get more new fresh players but it might interest some older players in giving it a shot
Unread 12 Jan 2015, 11:37   #43
faux

faux is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm an old player who has started up again. But I doubt i ever will hear from anyone (including myself) "did you know that PA has [insert something new and exiting]"
R59: Solo
[BREAK]
R1-5: active
faux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2015, 11:57   #44
Blue_Esper

you know ive been playing for nearly 30 rounds straight and there hasn't been a single upgrade to the GUI no new skins for 30 rounds!
Unread 12 Jan 2015, 13:37   #45
faux

faux is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: More planets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
you know ive been playing for nearly 30 rounds straight and there hasn't been a single upgrade to the GUI no new skins for 30 rounds!
Nice things have happened with formulae and stuff. Maybe more planets of some sort (AI/targets/roid generating etc) could make for a more exciting game.

I remember that one early round (don't remember what round) when it was possible to "share" a planet, and some I understand it has been some esperiments around multies as well. Multies may be fun if it's done right.

yap!

Faux Clef
R59: Solo
[BREAK]
R1-5: active
faux is offline   Reply With Quote