User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 May 2015, 21:43   #1
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough
Exile suggestion

Change the formula so its the last 10 gals you have been you cant land in, not every gal you have been.
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2015, 21:52   #2
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: Exile suggestion

I have to admit I did not know that this was the case. I presume this is how euler got into 4:1. I have been slightly surprised that 4 of the top 5 gals (the exception being mine ) have 10 people in when most gals have 9 and 4:1 has 11.

That said I think this would be a good change - though might want to limit it with a higher number than 10, might find you keep ending up cycling through the same dozen tiny gals which would not be very productive.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2015, 22:11   #3
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
I have to admit I did not know that this was the case. I presume this is how euler got into 4:1. I have been slightly surprised that 4 of the top 5 gals (the exception being mine ) have 10 people in when most gals have 9 and 4:1 has 11.

That said I think this would be a good change - though might want to limit it with a higher number than 10, might find you keep ending up cycling through the same dozen tiny gals which would not be very productive.
2:6 stockpiled for ages to drop to #11, there was some people that kept spending so it was a nightmare^^
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2015, 19:06   #4
Zeke

Zeke is on a distinguished road

No matter how much we change the systems, we will always have those 1-5 top galaxies of planets exiling like madness until the whole team is in the galaxy.
I would approach this problem from a different side. There are only about 700 core players left playing regularly. Bring back private galaxies size maximum 10. Random galaxies max planets 15.
Then we have at least an interesting top20 galaxy fight, because I think there will be more than just 2-3 private gals this way, just this time also the guys that cant be bothered to exile for 500 times to reach this goal.. (probably because rl, work etc..) have a chance of competing in other gals

Last edited by Zeke; 4 Aug 2015 at 17:47.
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2015, 21:05   #5
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

These galaxies fight for the consolation prize. Yet they fight. Putting them together with other galaxies that don't put the same effort will still result in their win.