User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 30 Jun 2016, 07:55   #251
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of
Re: r67 who will win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph
nope, i will just wait them fix it, and start playing again..

i dont play for win... if thats what u think... i play for the fun the game bring us.. and this is not fun at all =)
But someone winning through value play and noob bashing for the millionth time is fun?
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2016, 09:29   #252
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
But someone winning through value play and noob bashing for the millionth time is fun?
Only way you will get different is if there is a round where it all goes off and everyone has to fight.
Unread 30 Jun 2016, 15:27   #253
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

ReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
oh no, now you will be getting a forum ban
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ateOFaY8eBw
ReaperSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2016, 15:51   #254
InNeed

InNeed is on a distinguished road

Yeah great FUN guys!

Had a good time playing this war game! Was fun with different aspects to the game, you could win p-rank by different strats, Ally win by certain way of play, It was based on pols, skills, strategy and pure level of skill-player base your ally had.

It turned into a idling parody (and yes this comes from a Norse, king og idlers and init.ohh the irony!)
We turned every single ally and player into a “ult skilled ally/player”,(I mention ULT as I believe they been the best ally past rounds) but we all got same terms now, no matter how noob you are from a scale from 3-10 you can win or get a good rank (Skill level 1-2 still manage to noob it all up but that’s a different story).
It turned into a fenced piece of ****! A game where you can’t win or loose, you can win by finding loopholes for both planet and ally-Win.
3x 1def ship win planet, adding OOT win ally(Yes Norse did this too so we are as guilty as any other). (I don’t accuse Benneh for cheating, I accuse admins to be terrible for not seeing this, and Benneh is free to play his lowlife style of PA and win by a boring way, that’s his choice)
My point is not to Blame the players using the loopholes!

If someone whine about lost roids, lost structures due to SK, lost fleet to FC, Well then admins fix this for you next round!

-Damn I lost roids! Well let the admins fix this, we make defensive stats plus we create a ally-fleet option so 1 man can launch 60 fleets at night, no point in loosing roids anymore! If you want roids you better gang up and bang a poor ally so the first 3 allys drain the 60 fleets, even 4vs1 doesn’t mean you get roids anymore, but this at least up your chances, 1vs1 ally fight is 0% roid gain/loss (Even Norse hold ULT to a even fight 1vs1 and we are ment to BLEED roids when someone attack us). So best way to get roids is by finding OOT’s, or just noob bash! Who cares about new ally’s and new players anyway? They are the only roids out there so this is fine!

-Damn I lost structures with SK! Don’t you worry! We will fix this, First of all you can make structure defence, but this ain’t enough! Only going to war will now allow you to use SK’s, good job admins! Good job! I don’t need to worry about this anymore..

-Damn! I got FC’ed! Well don’t you worry! We will fix the funds for you, if you crash or get fc’ed you can get donations, for next round I’m sure admins also look at the option for a “magical recreation of FC’ed fleets” as its not always the donation fix 100% of your fleet, so this will probably be a fix for next round!

-Damn! I can’t win anymore cause my support planets stopped playing and moved on with their lifes except for me, well don’t you worry! You can now just mass MC, def by 1 ship 3x whole round and get massive XP, so if you want a win by not playing the game properly but login every 9 hour to launch 3x def you will still win by a massive score!

Is this the game we want? It’s a launch and recall game, and if you actually land and do some damage the admins fixed it all for you.

Sorry for my emo, I’m sick of the game, Thanks for some fun rounds! Cause it truly was when this was a true wargame in space!
Peace and Love in Space ain’t nothing to me!

I like skill based games, I like to play proper pols and I like to do som God damn damage when i play a wargame online.

My first and last post here after tons of rounds 

Mr Emo left the building!
Unread 30 Jun 2016, 16:02   #255
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
oh no, now you will be getting a forum ban
the horror, a forum ban, how will he survive?!?

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2016, 16:28   #256
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
the horror, a forum ban, how will he survive?!?
by breathing through it i reckon

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2016, 16:29   #257
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
by breathing through it i reckon
He might require intense hand-holding too

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2016, 00:25   #258
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Love the smell of a ban in the morning.
Unread 1 Jul 2016, 00:26   #259
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

I think the defense fleet change and current defensive stats could allow every alliance to build a defense system and go to war. But the universe ended up seeking for peace. So I think it would be better if we at least alternate between rounds with and without the def fleet feature.
Unread 1 Jul 2016, 12:16   #260
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Def fleet feature is fine. Stats realising they need to adjust based on this feature don't.

Last round was too attack orientated and stats too deffo this time.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2016, 12:51   #261
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

The defence fleet feature is awfull, and i fully expect it to be removed for next round.
Tags should go back to 80 and counting for 70.

I cant understand all the whine from InNeed realy.
People will mimic the play of those that manage to break the system/win without effort/etc.
The last three round has been very very very bad, and i think it can mostly be blamed on the community/bad HCs.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2016, 13:51   #262
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
I cant understand all the whine from InNeed realy.
People will mimic the play of those that manage to break the system/win without effort/etc.
The last three round has been very very very bad, and i think it can mostly be blamed on the community/bad HCs.
I agree with that. And I agree with Munkee too. Before getting rid of the alliance fleet, I think it is worth to try a set of stats not too defensive and not ST.

But the main point is what you said, people will always mimic the tactics that bring results with minimum efforts. The strategy BF and Norse used to win recent rounds has being adopted by everyone imo. So to stop this trend we should implement some changes that give more rewards or make it easier to profit from wars.
Unread 1 Jul 2016, 13:57   #263
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: r67 who will win

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran View Post
I agree with that. And I agree with Munkee too. Before getting rid of the alliance fleet, I think it is worth to try a set of stats not too defensive and not ST.

But the main point is what you said, people will always mimic the tactics that bring results with minimum efforts. The strategy BF and Norse used to win recent rounds has being adopted by everyone imo. So to stop this trend we should implement some changes that give more rewards or make it easier to profit from wars.
'Someone won in a way we didn't think of before them... let's change it'
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2016, 14:14   #264
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Everyone with half a brain can see that the allie fleet is making this came less exciting.
Its no point retalling your incs, no point trying to launch an "early bird" attack unless you know the target alliance is either untagged(as InNeed pointed out) or being heavily blocked.
I think the inc stats will show that there is alliance that might have record breaking recall percentage so far, and no, its not because the stats are defensive.

Even suggesting that you can fix the problem with stats is pretty funny, given the last few rounds stats.

Unread 1 Jul 2016, 14:16   #265
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
'Someone won in a way we didn't think of before them... let's change it'
Winning by not being hit or tested ever?
Feck me BF and Norse must be geniouses to come up with this magnicificent strategy!!!!

LETS NOT CHANGE IT!

Unread 1 Jul 2016, 16:40   #266
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Feck me BF and Norse must be geniouses to come up with this magnicificent strategy!!!!

LETS NOT CHANGE IT!
Add Bows to that list.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2016, 16:47   #267
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

LETS NOT CHANGE IT!
Norse had a short war with ult. Bows have not been in war at all?
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2016, 17:16   #268
fortran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
Add Bows to that list.
The criticism is still valid even if we add Bows to that list by the end of the round. Norse and BF did nothing wrong also, their strategy was the best by far. But is it good that such strategy brings so much more advantages than a war-oriented one in a war game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddah View Post
I was talking about the round Norse won almost everything. Still it is questionable if a one on one small struggle with Ult would make you a war machine.
Unread 1 Jul 2016, 17:16   #269
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
So to stop this trend we should implement some changes that give more rewards or make it easier to profit from wars.
I agree. I think the fact that wars always hurt both side is at the core of this issue. Alliances avoid wars because that's the way to win. If you want a game in which alliances are eager to go to war, you need to make it profitable in some way.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2016, 17:47   #270
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
Add Bows to that list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddah View Post

Well, bows never won a round yet how ever...

Unread 2 Jul 2016, 11:32   #271
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The defence fleet feature is awfull, and i fully expect it to be removed for next round.
Don't you think there should at least be attempts to tweak it first? Perhaps def fleets can only be a certain percentage of a planet's fleet value; 30%? Or perhaps it only gets set for a certain length of time; 5 ticks? At the very least a sensible change would be that it needs to be set again whenever it gets home rather than going straight into the def fleet pool with no action on the part of the player.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2016, 12:50   #272
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
Don't you think there should at least be attempts to tweak it first? Perhaps def fleets can only be a certain percentage of a planet's fleet value; 30%? Or perhaps it only gets set for a certain length of time; 5 ticks? At the very least a sensible change would be that it needs to be set again whenever it gets home rather than going straight into the def fleet pool with no action on the part of the player.
As soon as xan is strongly statted again realising that your dc can have 40-60 xan cloaked defs every night we will truly see how bad an idea it's always was.

And if you need to keep xan nerfed to take away this from happening then just rid the game of cloak in general please
Unread 2 Jul 2016, 12:51   #273
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
No.
I think there is better option than the alliance fleet out there. Like buddah suggested, a change to PL.

30% value will still put all the "power" on the stats makers to balance it. xan or faking will be more powerfull with a 30% value limit.
Saying that the defence fleet is working fine, and its just the stats who isnt designed for it is funny

Unread 2 Jul 2016, 12:52   #274
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

and when kaiba is making valid points, you gotta realize how obvious the problem is with defence fleets.

Unread 2 Jul 2016, 15:45   #275
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice

i love the def fleet feature means i can be even more inactive
Round 81 - Ultores - Rank 73rd.
Round 83 - Ultores - Rank 16th.
Round 91 - Lucky7 - Rank 50th.
Round 92 - Lucky7 - Rank 39th.
Adapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2016, 15:49   #276
Joseph
Error

Joseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
well, just to make clear, this is my point of view...

this game is a way more about people, who interact, and do things together, then the way u play it *value or xp*

its an alliance and galaxy system, were members defend each other, and attack each other... win top planet should be atleast a reward for the ones who do the whole game dynamic... *attack, defend, join alliance, etc etc*

win the game without any interaction, in a selfish way, doing things alone, its not the kind of reward i imagine for top planet... its the same as an alliance be able to win without even talking to the others... something that i cant remember happening if not when the game is broken..

anyway... im ok with that.. was worried about the hole game changing next rounds, but im sure staff will fix it.. and make the game more balanced for the remaining players..
Unread 2 Jul 2016, 16:41   #277
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

This is a funny thread. All the way from suggesting MH's should decide what strategies are legit (hint: the only thing they can decide is if you are breaking any rules), to saying there is no way to beating this tactic, and that everyone can do it.

As someone who has tried several innovative strategies which has resulted in rule changes, let me tell you one thing: It's not easy. Having the idea is just step 1, executing it is the hard part. You need to be just as dedicated, if not more. You also typically need other people buying into an idea, which doesn't necessarily have more benefits than negatives for them. That's especially tricky, and requires loyalty. From my point of view, BENNEH and his galaxy has executed it pretty well, although it could be optimized in a few ways. That's always the case when trying something new.

This brings me to the reason I signed up this round. I support the discovery of new viable strategies, and I'm sure my 50 attack fleets to 3:4 so far have helped achieve that. I can play the value game better than most, but playing the exact same way round after round is not only boring, it's also not a challenge. For me the fun stops, when there is no challenge. Some people see it as being a challenge to get top defender in an alliance, #1 cov opper or scanner, or whatever.

For me the challenge has always been winning, while not abusing people for personal gain. Those with multiple round wins are good at making people rally behind them, but in the end you nearly always have to be extremely selfish to get there. If you refuse, chances are someone else will, and that they win the round Last round with elviz vs Arma is a really good example of that, two guys going all out for the win regardless. I would have lost to either in that situation. The current round winner is also very selfish. Others are playing purely for his benefit, even if they to some extent are enjoying it. However, this is neither illegal nor uncommon..

But okay, let's talk about the line between cheating and abusing; there are many ways to abuse another planets resources for your own gain. Getting mass defense is one of them. Getting escorts for roids or xp is another. Scanning for XP with alliance funds. The list is pretty much endless, the objective of the game is to GAIN score for your planet. Often at the disadvantage of other planets. Fundamentally these ways are not different than what 3:4 is doing, allowing one planet to massively benefit from the efforts of a group. This is a core feature of Planetarion, whether you like it or not.

If 3:4's planet had been initiating while having incoming, maybe you would could call it farming and thereby cheating. They don't, so you can't. It's not a grey area, they are absolutely right to reinitiate when they go below 200 roids. Simple !roidcost will tell you that. Heck, the main planet is doing it also, so it can't be that bad of a score loss. One planet in the gal has even saved up 150 mill resources while doing this.

Best thing you can do to discourage this tactic is not actually to stop attacking. It's to attack, and recall eta 1 when a def fleet is sent.
That way you are wasting a lot of tick where they gain no xp. Alternatively you can send a fleet that doesn't have kill ships, in which case the fleet will have to return from defending a few extra ticks. The key to the strategy is a lot of small gains, limit the number of gains and it will be a lot less effective.

I will say that's it's often the same people trying out different strategies who are the first to whine about others doing something different to gain an advantage. This applies to the brazilians whining in this thread, and to BENNEH's group whining in the past about what others were doing. If the tactic isn't completely destroyed, the whining group will usually try to copy it. And they should, it's a competition after all

Best of luck to 3:4

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2016, 16:54   #278
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
This brings me to the reason I signed up this round. I support the discovery of new viable strategies, and I'm sure my 50 attack fleets to 3:4 so far have helped achieve that
Hey, i signed up to donate score to 3:4.
So far i have donated up to 1,5million score.
This can not be viewed as cheating under no circumstances, atleast not when im actualy saying that im actively supporting 3:4.

Unread 2 Jul 2016, 17:14   #279
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Planet winners can be selfish, but whether they are (perceived as such) or not depends on how the challenge is tackled. If you go full all-glory-to-the-great-leader mode, then yes, the owner of the top planet gets (steals?) all the credit. I won't stoop to calling people out by name, but I'm sure you can all think of some. On the other end of the spectrum, there are true team efforts. A couple of examples that come to mind are Linkie r27 and (even more so) BlueArmy r37.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 2 Jul 2016, 18:08   #280
Zotnam
Over the moon

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Hey, i signed up to donate score to 3:4.
So far i have donated up to 1,5million score.
This can not be viewed as cheating under no circumstances, atleast not when im actualy saying that im actively supporting 3:4.
I signed up to have fun. Attacking is part of the game, and if I choose to attack one galaxy over and over, that's my own business. I wonder how much score alliances like Ult and Asc have been "donated" over the rounds, when you refer to attacking as score donation. You can't get closed for playing the game inside the rules of the games. It seems to be your whole argument that planets should close for your subjective reasons.

Planets.
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),

Those damn emp races..
Unread 2 Jul 2016, 18:22   #281
Zotnam
Over the moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Planet winners can be selfish, but whether they are (perceived as such) or not depends on how the challenge is tackled. If you go full all-glory-to-the-great-leader mode, then yes, the owner of the top planet gets (steals?) all the credit. I won't stoop to calling people out by name, but I'm sure you can all think of some. On the other end of the spectrum, there are true team efforts. A couple of examples that come to mind are Linkie r27 and (even more so) BlueArmy r37.
Strangely, you mention two round winners that you know I worked very closely with during the round they won, so let me tell you:
They were selfish.

They had to be, otherwise they wouldn't have won. BA with leeching def and letting other top planets getting roided, as well as some escorting. Basically his whole gal were his def planets, probably the lowest ranked gal to have a round winner. (37th, even BENNEH's gal won't beat that this round)

I remember Linkie recalling perfectly good ally def because he stood to lose a few 100k, in a close fight with Stuhlman we couldn't afford that. His galazy also had all kinds of naps before it completely blew up, which he went along with.
I'm not saying selfish winners steal the glory, most winners know it's a team effort. I'm saying selfish play is the bedrock of getting to the top. That's as true now as it was in round 1.

I remember Wish unlikely win in a small alliance, where basically 5 other alliances supported him. It was surely a team effort, but I would never call his play that round anything other than selfish. Being a good galaxy or ally mate simply doesn't give you the most score.

Planets.

Those damn emp races..

Last edited by Zotnam; 2 Jul 2016 at 18:29.
Unread 2 Jul 2016, 19:12   #282
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
I signed up to have fun. Attacking is part of the game, and if I choose to attack one galaxy over and over, that's my own business. I wonder how much score alliances like Ult and Asc have been "donated" over the rounds, when you refer to attacking as score donation. You can't get closed for playing the game inside the rules of the games. It seems to be your whole argument that planets should close for your subjective reasons.
You are saying that you signed up to help 3:4 to win by attacking and giving them XP.
That is what you would call farming.

Can i have my friends sign up help me win by either helping me get score/xp/roids by attacking me, initating roids for me, or what ever?
The answer is no.

You just pointed out the obvious thing that everyone has told the MHs, that there is planets out there who is donating XP to 3:4 deliberately, not for the reason tehy want to land a 300 roid planet.

Last edited by BloodyButcher; 2 Jul 2016 at 19:21.
Unread 2 Jul 2016, 21:07   #283
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Strangely, you mention two round winners that you know I worked very closely with during the round they won
I am aware.

As far as I recall it, BlueArmy went for planet win when alliance win was out of reach, and we all rallied to at least get an Ascendancy top planet. I'm reasonably confident that if BA had been second instead of first, or if the tag was still in the running, he would've made the sacrifices we made instead. I'm absolutely confident Linkie would've. I would call that... well, not selfless, certainly, but not quite selfish either. The nuance is in the bit where we chose to support someone (anyone) for planet win, I think. In both cases, we would have been rather upset if they had allowed a non-Ascendancy planet to win instead.

I dunno. It's a not a huge deal either way.
Unread 2 Jul 2016, 23:09   #284
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
I am aware.

As far as I recall it, BlueArmy went for planet win when alliance win was out of reach, and we all rallied to at least get an Ascendancy top planet. I'm reasonably confident that if BA had been second instead of first, or if the tag was still in the running, he would've made the sacrifices we made instead. I'm absolutely confident Linkie would've. I would call that... well, not selfless, certainly, but not quite selfish either. The nuance is in the bit where we chose to support someone (anyone) for planet win, I think. In both cases, we would have been rather upset if they had allowed a non-Ascendancy planet to win instead.

I dunno. It's a not a huge deal either way.

Is this the round when BA had like 1 mill pegs at tick 40 cos he whole gal donated to the Gal fund?

Also butcher stop twisting what he said into what you want to hear. He quite clearly says he has signed up to attack and has decided the lack of defence on 3.4 makes them a good target.

You have spent 6 pages trying to twist facts to match your theories. Please stop now, no rule has been broken, no matter how much you want it to have been
Unread 2 Jul 2016, 23:15   #285
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

"This brings me to the reason I signed up this round. I support the discovery of new viable strategies, and I'm sure my 50 attack fleets to 3:4 so far have helped achieve that"

He said he signed up to support 3:4 1 def ship XP strategy.
If he didnt do it, why would he say it?

Its just plain wrong, and im sure a lot of people will agree to this.

Unread 2 Jul 2016, 23:32   #286
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodybutcher View Post
"this brings me to the reason i signed up this round. I support the discovery of new viable strategies, and i'm sure my 50 attack fleets to 3:4 so far have helped achieve that"

he said he signed up to support 3:4 1 def ship xp strategy.
If he didnt do it, why would he say it?

bitch please!!!
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2016, 00:15   #287
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
"This brings me to the reason I signed up this round. I support the discovery of new viable strategies, and I'm sure my 50 attack fleets to 3:4 so far have helped achieve that"

He said he signed up to support 3:4 1 def ship XP strategy.
If he didnt do it, why would he say that

He actually says he supports new strategies then takes a breath via the comma which disassicuates the two parts of the sentence. Then says his 50 attack fleets will have helped prove that.

He at no point says he had sent them there to help, just that they will have helped, and that is a big difference. Every fleet sent by everyone who attacked 3.4 has helped so by your definition of events Butcher every single person to launch a fleet on that galaxy has cheated, is that correct?
Unread 3 Jul 2016, 07:09   #288
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Is this the round when BA had like 1 mill pegs at tick 40 cos he whole gal donated to the Gal fund?
Yes, that gal first donated to him, and as the round went on, kept on donating to other planets in the gal.
Unread 3 Jul 2016, 07:12   #289
Mzyxptlk
mz.

So let's talk about how Munkee committed a cybercrime by stealing usernames and passwords of p3nguins members to illegally gain access to the webbies of at least 3 alliances.
Unread 3 Jul 2016, 08:03   #290
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
He actually says he supports new strategies then takes a breath via the comma which disassicuates the two parts of the sentence. Then says his 50 attack fleets will have helped prove that.

He at no point says he had sent them there to help, just that they will have helped, and that is a big difference. Every fleet sent by everyone who attacked 3.4 has helped so by your definition of events Butcher every single person to launch a fleet on that galaxy has cheated, is that correct?
I wouldn't waste my breath. BB sits on these forums purposely acting stupid to get reactions.

Last edited by Clouds; 3 Jul 2016 at 08:22.
Unread 3 Jul 2016, 08:56   #291
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
So let's talk about how Munkee committed a cybercrime by stealing usernames and passwords of p3nguins members to illegally gain access to the webbies of at least 3 alliances.
What?

I sent a mail yesterday for members to change their passwords after seeing pits latest commit on merlin.

For your info though there are many bugs in merlin code which offer access to sites without usernames or passwords. That's a risk people were willing to take years ago when nothing else was available and why I assume some are not using it now.
Unread 3 Jul 2016, 09:19   #292
Clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
What?

I sent a mail yesterday for members to change their passwords after seeing pits latest commit on merlin.

For your info though there are many bugs in merlin code which offer access to sites without usernames or passwords. That's a risk people were willing to take years ago when nothing else was available and why I assume some are not using it now.
Well ChronoX already obtained the IP of the breach and shared it with other alliances who were experiencing the same issue, and funnily enough the same IP existed across those alliances too who were also having the same problem.

The 'breacher' was using old p3nguin user/pass. Many had their passwords set as their user (idiotic I know).

When crosschecking with other alliances, we found that there was a common denominator; ex p3nguin members.
Unread 3 Jul 2016, 09:22   #293
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Ahhh, sorry. Must've been one of the other half dozen people from your city that have admin access to the p3nguins bot. My bad!
Unread 3 Jul 2016, 09:27   #294
Munkee
Dictator

You do realise p3nguins members have all been in "other" alliances, including BF (I assume you are talking about yourselves here). Trying to point a finger at p3nguins and specifically me by mz is stupid. Based on the commit pit did to merlin yesterday I'm pretty positive you have years of merlin abusers to point at. p3nguins has had members accounts logged in to and quit tag within game as well as raids being leaked out most rounds, hence why we rebuilt our site from the ground up to track these things better including asking members to change passwords yesterday.

Regardless, thanks for the slander. Why would I expect anything different from this forum

Forgot to quote this though: "Many had their passwords set as their user (idiotic I know)." I'm sure you know that based on them telling you their password right and not abusing your admin powers? (I've weighted this question to give you the answer you need to give)

Last edited by Munkee; 3 Jul 2016 at 09:34.
Unread 3 Jul 2016, 10:46   #295
ChronoX

ChronoX has a spectacular aura aboutChronoX has a spectacular aura about

@munkee; it's not smart to brag to nelito that you have access to our raid 1 minute after it has been released, because of this I easily found out that you used the account of Sebace (former p3ng) to login on our webby.
Sebace lives in the Netherlands and the IP that was used is from the Newcastle (UK) area. (How's the Samsung Galaxy S6 btw?)
After a little chat with B-Bitcher and agar3s we noticed that we all had similar logins with accounts of former p3ng members with the same IP address.

This is extremely low and unethical of you and none of the current or former p3ng members should ever trust you again.

p.s. I have shared your IP address with other techs so they can check if you did the same with them.
Unread 3 Jul 2016, 10:59   #296
Munkee
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoX View Post
@munkee; it's not smart to brag to nelito that you have access to our raid 1 minute after it has been released, because of this I easily found out that you used the account of Sebace (former p3ng) to login on our webby.
Sebace lives in the Netherlands and the IP that was used is from the Newcastle (UK) area. (How's the Samsung Galaxy S6 btw?)
After a little chat with B-Bitcher and agar3s we noticed that we all had similar logins with accounts of former p3ng members with the same IP address.

This is extremely low and unethical of you and none of the current or former p3ng members should ever trust you again.

p.s. I have shared your IP address with other techs so they can check if you did the same with them.
Access to your raid comes from 2 of your members, neither of which I need to access your website for. If you want me to give you the info on your raid last night I can. It takes 0 effort for me to pick up a message on telegram with your raid spammed out.

Regarding Sebace, he is a known account sharer, see previous thread maybe last round when I mentioned this with Vegeta and Nick so I don't find it strange that you see other people accessing his account if thats what you are trying to suggest. If you want that to be me then sadly no its not. I don't use an S6 but I do indeed live in the North East, I guess 1 out of 3 instances is ok though right?

I guess this is a welcome change to being accused of creating bots and account sharing yourselves though right?!
Unread 3 Jul 2016, 11:53   #297
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I think the inc stats will show that there is alliance that might have record breaking recall percentage so far, and no, its not because the stats are defensive.
Just looking at the inc/launch stats for RainbowS sure look intresting..
Bottom feeding sure comes to mind..
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2016, 13:50   #298
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
Access to your raid comes from 2 of your members, neither of which I need to access your website for. If you want me to give you the info on your raid last night I can. It takes 0 effort for me to pick up a message on telegram with your raid spammed out.

Regarding Sebace, he is a known account sharer, see previous thread maybe last round when I mentioned this with Vegeta and Nick so I don't find it strange that you see other people accessing his account if thats what you are trying to suggest. If you want that to be me then sadly no its not. I don't use an S6 but I do indeed live in the North East, I guess 1 out of 3 instances is ok though right?

I guess this is a welcome change to being accused of creating bots and account sharing yourselves though right?!
Im not sure who did this little magic trick, but it all points in one direction.
I heard some gossip some place else, and told my tech that he would find a certain IP in our server log, logging into a ex p3nguins member account. And he did.
I actualy asked BF if they had a similiar thing happening to them, wich had happend earlier when you had been sharing BFs raid info, but ChronoX couldnt find the IP of the "burgulary" at first glance he thought.
After looking more closely into the server log he came up with a IP of the breaking they had detected through the arthur log earlier. Somehow it matched the one we had?

Now claiming its not someone from p3nguins is all fine, but trying to claim there is a "account sharing crime gang" appearing in multiple alliances wich sebace is apart of is a little far fetch even for me.

Unread 3 Jul 2016, 14:01   #299
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Munkee lives near me .... fml
Unread 3 Jul 2016, 14:18   #300
Munkee
Dictator

Quote:
Im not sure who did this little magic trick, but it all points in one direction.
I heard some gossip some place else, and told my tech that he would find a certain IP in our server log, logging into a ex p3nguins member account. And he did.
I actualy asked BF if they had a similiar thing happening to them, wich had happend earlier when you had been sharing BFs raid info, but ChronoX couldnt find the IP of the "burgulary" at first glance he thought.
After looking more closely into the server log he came up with a IP of the breaking they had detected through the arthur log earlier. Somehow it matched the one we had?

Now claiming its not someone from p3nguins is all fine, but trying to claim there is a "account sharing crime gang" appearing in multiple alliances wich sebace is apart of is a little far fetch even for me.

I haven't shared any bf raid information with your alliance. I have only talked to 1 person from your alliance all round.
Is this the same admin who has commited his complete merlin.cfg to github with passwords to bots, databases etc? You really think you can point fingers when your information is in the public domain like that?

I also make no mention of a crime gang. However I will keep reiterating merlin is insecure, Arthur is even more insecure and the fact someone has informed pit of just one of these issues suggests there are people out there who know of them. Clouds is yet to respond to my comment regarding their knowledge of peoples passwords being the same as their username, which makes it quite clear they are reading these decrypted or plain text to know.

You do not need passwords or usernames to find raid information to me that's a lot of effort when you have friends who can give the info directly.