User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 30 Oct 2002, 13:21   #1
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
The Settlers series

Am Im the only person out there who actually think that Settlers I is the best of the four??
I also find this to be some what the same in the Panzer General series, where PG1 is very good, PG2 is a bit better and PG3D is horrible. Odd isnt it?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2002, 13:33   #2
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Nah, Settlers II is the better of the series.
Unread 30 Oct 2002, 13:50   #3
Vince McMahon

I prefered the first as well (on the Amiga).
Unread 30 Oct 2002, 13:51   #4
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Apothos
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2002, 14:06   #5
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
Settlers I must be one of the most tedious games I've ever played.
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2002, 17:11   #6
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Settlers I was pretty damn good! I didn't like the Age Of Empires stuff though...

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2002, 17:50   #7
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally posted by Apothos
you are absolutly right about pg though
Unread 30 Oct 2002, 20:49   #8
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

The first one was definetley the best. Then they started messing with it, and it lost it's magic.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 03:38   #9
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally posted by mpr0733
Settlers I must be one of the most tedious games I've ever played.
sorry for my english, but wtf does tedious mean?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 03:39   #10
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
The first one was definetley the best. Then they started messing with it, and it lost it's magic.
PG or Settlers?

Oh, and dont forget Allied General. Was quite okeyish, expect the Soviet Campaign was way to though, even for a veteran like me.
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 13:17   #11
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov

sorry for my english, but wtf does tedious mean?
Roughly equates to 'boring'.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 14:11   #12
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
settlers 1 was great on the amiga. Settlers 2 was fun for a while. I wasnt a fan of #3. #4 is my favorite at the moment.
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 18:05   #13
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally posted by Allfather
settlers 2 rocks, eventhough i also like settlers the original cause of sentimental reasons.

settlers 2, transport tycoon and railroadtycoon are the only fun & good games to come out on pc as of yet.
But i still think amiga had the best games ever for any form of electronical gaming (but c64 had some good ones too.like "giana sisters!)
Amiga also had Giana Sisters.. My whole family loved that game, including my grandparents
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 18:12   #14
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
i only remember settlers II :\
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 19:49   #15
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
i only remember settlers II :\
lo Aryn swettie. PM me on irc, and I will dcc you settlers I.
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 20:01   #16
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
I remember playing settlers 1 on my amiga.

I have settlers 4 on my pc at home.....

is there a settlers 5 yet?
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 22:40   #17
Eidron
The Harsh Light of Day

Eidron is an unknown quantity at this point
Settlers 1 was great, Settlers 2 was great, Settlers 3 lost it's magic after a week and I didnt even bother buying Settlers 4.

You'll never see me but I am everywhere
Eidron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2002, 01:38   #18
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally posted by Allfather
insinuating im ancient again?
Not really, only if you like that
Unread 2 Nov 2002, 02:02   #19
Azaghal

Azaghal is an unknown quantity at this point
settlers 2 looked pretty sweet... when playing settlers 3 I thought the graphics went backwards, couldve just been my imagination though.

And yes, in the panzer general series PG1 was definately the best of 'em all. But the PG series have been milked-out far too long without any real changes in the game (the 3d eye candy didn't even compensate the lack of decent campaigns). I used to play PG1 for hours every day, and the PG1 tunes were sweet too.
Azaghal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2002, 12:21   #20
wu_trax

they ****ed up the pg series when they started trying to put 'nice graphics' in it
did anyone play paciif admiral? god, that was crap
Unread 2 Nov 2002, 14:19   #21
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
Re: The Settlers series

Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov
Am Im the only person out there who actually think that Settlers I is the best of the four??
I also find this to be some what the same in the Panzer General series, where PG1 is very good, PG2 is a bit better and PG3D is horrible. Odd isnt it?
Settlers I is THE best FFS!

I can't find it anywhere for the PC
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2002, 21:14   #22
Entium

Entium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla
is there a settlers 5 yet?
no, beware!
It's becoming worse from release to release.
Entium is offline   Reply With Quote