User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 3 Jan 2015, 00:13   #1
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold
New Alliance War Feature Discussion

When you set your alliance to "war" with another alliance, it immediately starts a 72 tick period of war where you gain a roid cap rate bonus of between 3 and 5%, and an xp rate bonus (on roids stolen) of between 5% and 10%. This also holds true for all alliances "allied" in-game to the target alliance. You are penalised for landing on planets other than those you are at war with by 3% for cap rate and 5% for xp. More details are in our manual's changes page.
All all

For those of you who are confused by this, I will try and break it down in simpler terms.

When you set an alliance's relation to War (Alliance -> Relations), it will initiate a 72 tick state of war with X alliance where the following will apply:

- You receive a bonus for every attack you land on an enemy planet.
The percentage is determined by two factors;

Whether you are the first or second alliance to declare war within the 72 tick period AND/OR whether your alliance has a SMALLER counted score than X alliance. If both are met, then the bonus percentage is 10%.

If only one factor is met, your bonus will be around 3-5%.

If you declare war on X alliance, you will also declare war on all her allies. If any of your alliance members attacks planets other than hostiles, then your tag will be penalised.

This is how I interpreted it.

Comments?
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2015, 00:17   #2
Greg
Addicted since R17

Greg has a spectacular aura aboutGreg has a spectacular aura about
Re: New Alliance War Feature Discussion

Nice
Regular member of fleet crashing club
“A man's errors are his portals of discovery.”
James Joyce
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2015, 00:22   #3
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

You not necessarily declare war on all the allies, you just have the bonus atking them. This simple rule just cover the worst case where you actually declare war against everyone.
Also, I doubt the bonus stacks.
Unread 3 Jan 2015, 00:30   #4
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran View Post
You not necessarily declare war on all the allies, you just have the bonus atking them. This simple rule just cover the worst case where you actually declare war against everyone.
Also, I doubt the bonus stacks.
So in order to gain the bonus back on their attacker, then these alliances would have to 'declare war' back on the initial aggressor.

It's this bit about automatically lumping allies into a war like status that creates and forms blocks in the first place - I don't think ingame needs to promote more defining blocks which is a current risk I see of it.

Otherwise, I very much like the concept of going to war getting an incentive.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2015, 00:47   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

As discussed with Zhil, I will try and implement a related "NAP" status (similar to Allied but without allowing for shared defence) which would allow for a compromise.

Also, to clarify, only the first alliance gets the "declare war" bonus; it's just a check to say "is anyone else at war currently with this alliance? if no, use higher rate, otherwise use lower rate"
Unread 3 Jan 2015, 05:19   #6
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

I guess if you declare war, the bonus will go both ways for 72 ticks?
Im pretty sure this is something ive suggested/supported before, so im all positive.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote