User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Jan 2007, 11:28   #1
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

SpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really nice
[-SPQR-] reborn!

[-SPQR-] is back for round XX, and we are actively looking for members.

[-SPQR-] has been officially playing for 3 rounds now, finishing 17th in round XVII and 20th in round XVIII. Round XIX has seen a merge with Dark Warriors, to form Dark Legions, the result alliance, and it has been doing fairly well.

Round XX will see [-SPQR-] re-created though, in a spirit that has always been ours. SPQR is a family, and all members are treated equally. The main reasons why you would want to join us are:
  • we are always having fun and we play for entertainment
  • we have a core of several well-experimented players, we are always ready to help new/returning players
  • we are not requiring a lot from members - only being active and being IRC active is essential
We always accepted new players and those who joined late in the round, and we are sure to do so again. The ambition and commitment which was consistently shown by our members throughout the previous round is the sole reason why we’ve progressed from a barely top-30 alliance to a growing contender in the ranks of PA.

The name [-SPQR-] has gained respect through our previous good rounds, and we clearly intent to show that this respect is well deserved.

What we will guarantee constantly through the round:
  • Organised daily raids to ensure your growth.
  • An even balance between attack and defence to ensure we gain new roids and actually keep them.
  • A fun and experienced player core dedicated to aid your advancement of the game.
  • A dedicated officer team to help you grow and progress as a player
At the present stage, defence is not guaranteed, although whenever defence is possible it will be essential to send it. We will remain an attack oriented alliance until we reach a point where there will be enough members and activity to ensure defence.

Drop by in #spartans anytime for a chat about either recruitment, to ask any questions or just to see what we’re about. Everyone is welcome there, so we hope to see you!
Unread 20 Jan 2007, 11:37   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [-SPQR-] reborn!

Good luck, but what's happened to Dark Legions?
Unread 20 Jan 2007, 11:40   #3
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

SpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really nice

Well I can't answer you. Actually I have left DL a bit after the merge (and mostly because of incompatibilities of ideas between ex SPQR & ex DW HC's) but I suppose that DW will be starting again too. Simply, the merge is un-done if you want to see it that way.

If DW start again, I'll be first to wish them good luck, but SPQR has to be SPQR and not part of anything else.
Unread 20 Jan 2007, 14:01   #4
add100
add

add100 has a spectacular aura aboutadd100 has a spectacular aura about

gl guys
r21 Wolfpack
r22 Jenova
r23 Destiny
add100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2007, 05:59   #5
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Good Luck boys and girls, and I hope you guys kick some major butt this round...
Unread 23 Jan 2007, 12:33   #6
DeVille
Alba Go Brach

DeVille has a spectacular aura aboutDeVille has a spectacular aura aboutDeVille has a spectacular aura about

Best of luck to Spook and all the guys(old and new). Sorry I wont be with you, between our work and the PA admins it has become impossible for Tabs and I to play together. I know SPQR will be in safe hands.

PS Hi JT hope you will be back with Heroic again this round.
Unread 23 Jan 2007, 21:37   #7
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

Oh Deville, I'm so glad to see you around (virtually) Thanks for the nice words, and thanks to JT too, and really good luck to you all with your RL life
Unread 23 Jan 2007, 23:07   #8
DeVille
Alba Go Brach

DeVille has a spectacular aura aboutDeVille has a spectacular aura aboutDeVille has a spectacular aura about

Will drop into #SPQR soon for a word and will ofc keep an eye on the rankings :-)
Unread 25 Jan 2007, 22:25   #9
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

Good idea I encourage you all out there to visit us in #spartans
Unread 25 Jan 2007, 23:12   #10
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

I came to visit you guys, but no one but the bot was there, maybe I just came at a bad time.
Unread 26 Jan 2007, 01:31   #11
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Best of luck with this radically different round.
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2007, 10:21   #12
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

Thanks a lot Well now that it's started, there's more than the bot to be seen

Keep coming in people, the more the merrier!
Unread 28 Jan 2007, 17:28   #13
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

gl spqr
Crowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 01:17   #14
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

how is "SPQR" connected to "spartans"

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 04:14   #15
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

Rikard, not all of us received classical education, no need to rub it in.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 10:08   #16
DeVille
Alba Go Brach

I am a wargamer and have a Spartan army and a Republican Roman army. Thats how they are connected.
Unread 31 Jan 2007, 07:48   #17
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

If you want to see it in another way, Spartalee is the orginal founder of SPQR. So, spartans refers to being a Spartalee partisan too
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 11:40   #18
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

Is SPQR short for something, either a longer title where each letter is a word, or an abbreviation of a single word?
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 11:43   #19
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

Senatus PopulusQue Romanus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPQR is a good explanation
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 18:23   #20
DeVille
Alba Go Brach

"Terrific race, the Romans. Terrific"
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 14:45   #21
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

As part of the continuous evolution of SPQR, I am very proud to announce that we have now a fully registered forum.

Please visit us online at http://www.spqr-alliance.com/forum.php and leave us a shout!
Unread 15 Feb 2007, 07:22   #22
Krazy-Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyVince
As part of the continuous evolution of SPQR, I am very proud to announce that we have now a fully registered forum.

Please visit us online at *URL removed* and leave us a shout!
Definitely took some work, but we do have our own domain now, and I'm proud to be there site admin, and former HC. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVille
Best of luck to Spook and all the guys(old and new). Sorry I wont be with you, between our work and the PA admins it has become impossible for Tabs and I to play together. I know SPQR will be in safe hands.

PS Hi JT hope you will be back with Heroic again this round.
Thanks dude! I haven't seen you around lately. Maybe it's cause I haven't actually played in acouple of rounds.