User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Mar 2006, 16:19   #1
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all
Value in the alliance ranking

I must admit I couldn't find anything about this in previous threads, my sincere apologies if I overlooked it, cause I think I won't be the first one to utter this:

Could value be added to alliances in the universe overview page. With the whole XP rage going on this round, it perhaps could be nice to see which alliance has the most firepower.

There are perhaps some disadvantages to this idea, but at the moment I can not think of anything.
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 16:28   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Value in the alliance ranking

It's technically possible to then work out who is in which alliance. But this takes a stupid amount of computing power, I think.

It's the sort of thing I'd rather see revealed at the end of a round than during it - working out an alliance's value belongs to the intel team. Certainly our tools show alliances' value.
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 17:44   #3
Thex
Average Thex

Thex will become famous soon enoughThex will become famous soon enough

But then surely it's technically possible to work out who is in what alliance based on score as well?

My alliance is [BIG]ger than yours

[ex LOST], [ex IF], [ex G-II]
Thex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 18:16   #4
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Think someone made a program for that Thex. Also think it'd take a shitload of time to work out who's in a ~50 man alliance.
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 18:19   #5
Thex
Average Thex

Thex will become famous soon enoughThex will become famous soon enough

Oh sure, but if we're worried about someone doing it for value then surely the same argument stands for score. In which case it's not really a reason not to implement value on the alliance list as we already see score.

Guess it would take some times, with analysing multiple ticks, multiple passes etc. Probably gathering ally co-ords would take less time.

My alliance is [BIG]ger than yours

[ex LOST], [ex IF], [ex G-II]
Thex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2006, 03:39   #6
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

But if you have both, it gets a LOT easier. Only value would be the same as score, but adding value would make it possible to say at 100% who is in which alliance.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2006, 11:19   #7
lurchleaf
UltimateNewbie

lurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clogg
I must admit I couldn't find anything about this in previous threads, my sincere apologies if I overlooked it, cause I think I won't be the first one to utter this:

Could value be added to alliances in the universe overview page. With the whole XP rage going on this round, it perhaps could be nice to see which alliance has the most firepower.

omg, i so said that before you!

great minds think alike, and im not saying your as stupid as me