User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 1 Dec 2003, 14:43   #1
Andy_r
X$X

Andy_r is an unknown quantity at this point
Roidcounts reversed

It seems that you smaller you are, the more roids you can safely have.

In my galaxy, the player who gets the most incoming is twice my value, but has less roids than me - the biggest planets can't hit me, so they go for him.

In other galaxies, I see tiny players with more roids than me, that I can't launch at because they are too small, and in the free universe there are planets with thousands of roids but hady any ships.

How can this be fixed for round 11?
R3 172:21:12 | R 4 136:8:5 | R5 30:25:12 | R6 11:5:1 | R7 40:25:17 | R8 30:1:5 | R9.5 36:10:14 | R10 1:5:9 Boldness of Helvetica

Proud to have been [YHQ] until the end of YHQ [VtS] until the end of Legion [Titans] until the end of Titans and |R6B| for Speedgames
Andy_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2003, 15:15   #2
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Re: Roidcounts reversed

By changing the 30% value limit?
Unread 1 Dec 2003, 15:22   #3
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

heh
the game sux
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2003, 15:55   #4
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

make roids add more value?

-mist
mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2003, 16:18   #5
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Scrap the whole new scoring/value system as it's utter shit?

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2003, 16:50   #6
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Change the cap to be relative to the total firepower of the defender as calculated by whatever stats are in use at the time.

As a side effect it would force players to have more balanced fleets.
Unread 1 Dec 2003, 17:05   #7
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

If people are going to start being slightly more constructive than "its shit" this thread might as well be in Suggestions...
Unread 1 Dec 2003, 17:59   #8
Killerbij
Roidhumper

Killerbij is an unknown quantity at this point

Remove 30% cap and replace it with eta, cap and damage penalties when attacking small targets. This way you can still attack small players that don't target your ships at all. Adding a max value that you can send in combination with damage and cap reduction would prevent bashing.
Unread 1 Dec 2003, 20:05   #9
Andy_r
X$X

forcing balanced fleets sounds dull to me. I suggest (now this thread has movd to suggestions) dropping the 30% limit, adding an auto-runaway feature to combat (if you lose x% of your ships at base, the other 100-x% run away and take no part in combat, you can set the value of x in prefereces) and giving progressively larger negative score for attacks below 40% of your size.
R3 172:21:12 | R 4 136:8:5 | R5 30:25:12 | R6 11:5:1 | R7 40:25:17 | R8 30:1:5 | R9.5 36:10:14 | R10 1:5:9 Boldness of Helvetica

Proud to have been [YHQ] until the end of YHQ [VtS] until the end of Legion [Titans] until the end of Titans and |R6B| for Speedgames
Unread 1 Dec 2003, 21:32   #10
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm still of the opinion that penalties based on losing score are ineffectual in the extreme. There needs to be some tangible punishment for hitting considerably smaller planets than yourself in the form of increased losses, slowed production speed for your planet while your fleet returns in disgrace, reduced resource mining for a similar period, something that actually disadvantages a player instead of 'score--'.
Unread 1 Dec 2003, 22:44   #11
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Roidcounts reversed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_r
It seems that you smaller you are, the more roids you can safely have.
Why is this a problem?
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 14:15   #12
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

I've always been opposed to restrictions on who you can attack - and still am. But, if there's going to be one, why not base it on number of roids, rather than on value? Or base it on both - i.e. you are only prevented from attacking someone if they have less than X% of your value AND less than X% of your roids. One of the most frustrating effects of the attack limitations is when someone attacks you, you get defence and kill their fleet, then are unable to attack back as their suicide has made them too small for you to attack.

And if there MUST be some sort of attacking limit make it work in both directions - if player X can't attack player Y (even in retaliation) then player Y shouldn't be able to attack player X.
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 15:07   #13
Hector

Hector is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I've always been opposed to restrictions on who you can attack
Why Sid, surely a [cough] l33t [/cough] player like yourself has no need to bash ppl just out of 72hr protection to pick up a few roids?

Quote:
And if there MUST be some sort of attacking limit make it work in both directions - if player X can't attack player Y (even in retaliation) then player Y shouldn't be able to attack player X.
And don't be scared of them either! I mean, you could always bring the awesome might of Fury to bear if he has more than 10 ships....

X = l33t 2mil score+ player
Y = n00b who builds Terran Fi cause he likes their names
Hector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 15:24   #14
Andy_r
X$X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
Why is this a problem?
Jealousy!

Unread 2 Dec 2003, 20:10   #15
zenopus
Xenoc

zenopus is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
Why is this a problem?
Heh, quite - surely those small guys with lots of rocks are gonna catch up pretty quick?
zenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2003, 03:47   #16
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_r
Jealousy!
O, beware, my lord, of jealousy!
It is the green-eyed monster, which doth mock
The meat it feeds on.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 20:34   #17
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
I've always been opposed to restrictions on who you can attack - and still am. But, if there's going to be one, why not base it on number of roids, rather than on value? Or base it on both - i.e. you are only prevented from attacking someone if they have less than X% of your value AND less than X% of your roids. One of the most frustrating effects of the attack limitations is when someone attacks you, you get defence and kill their fleet, then are unable to attack back as their suicide has made them too small for you to attack.

I concur

Last edited by Chax; 7 Dec 2003 at 20:59.
Chax is offline   Reply With Quote