User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 May 2003, 20:26   #1
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
another shuffle

Quote:
Since we now see a lot of accounts swapping owners due to the ability to update your emails (keep in mind, any prepaid credits for round 10 sticks to the OWNER of that email account) , we might be forced to reshuffle completely just before we start to tick. More on this when we know for sure.
1) someone has been norty =)
2) make sure u clean out inactives. i.e. everyone who hasnt loged in within 24 hours of the shuffle or something like that
3) let ppl change their planet names again
4) 'just before' tick start might be a bit short notice to get the GC and minister spots sorted.

kthxbyehaveagoodnight
Unread 28 May 2003, 20:27   #2
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Re: another shuffle

Quote:
Originally posted by at0mic.c0w
2) make sure u clean out inactives. i.e. everyone who hasnt loged in within 24 hours of the shuffle or something like that
4) 'just before' tick start might be a bit short notice to get the GC and minister spots sorted.

kthxbyehaveagoodnight

Seconded.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 20:29   #3
TheCoop
The Linux Guy

TheCoop is an unknown quantity at this point
this is really going to screw up the gal and cluster chans, after just getting all the p regging sorted we have to do it all over again...

"One World, One web, One program" - Microsoft Promo ad.
"Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer" - Adolf Hitler

GPG Key: http://thecoop.dyndns.org/pub_key.asc.gpg
TheCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 20:30   #4
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: another shuffle

Quote:
Originally posted by at0mic.c0w

kthxbyehaveagoodnight
hopefully, with regard to point 4), he just means moving around galaxies.

however, it will still screw up cluster/parallel alliances (my galaxy has both).
Unread 28 May 2003, 20:30   #5
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
That's what happens when Admins don't think "How can this be abused?" before doing something.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 20:30   #6
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Seems people are coming up with more and more reasons for a shuffle atm. I think it is needed. Oh, and I agree with atomicwotsit. And I also wonder how many more shuffle threads we will have
Bashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 20:33   #7
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't shuffle after saying you wouldn't.

Stop people from changing their emails and/or delete people you know have swapped - i.e. those who's email addresses were previously attached to a different account than where they are atm.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 20:34   #8
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
No shuffle!!
Its a free round, which people seem not to care so much about. It doesn't have to be the case that the actions of a few spoil it for everyone, if they know of specific cheats, then delete them. Otherwise do what they normally do and pretend nothing is wrong
Unread 28 May 2003, 20:37   #9
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
No point in shuffling now... besides, people can swap after the shuffle too.

Just disable the email-change option (I have no idea why this was enabled :\). Then email everyone new passwords before ticks start.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 20:39   #10
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
they should revert the emails back to their original addresses, and mail out new passwords to those addresses
Unread 28 May 2003, 20:40   #11
Dreadnought!

IF there is a shuffle

Can you please make so people who have changed planet name are shuffled together and the ones not to rename put elsewhere?

so gals will either be full of no changers or full of ones which have changed their planet names
Unread 28 May 2003, 20:41   #12
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
And people who no longer have access to those addresses?
Unread 28 May 2003, 20:42   #13
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by SYMM
And people who no longer have access to those addresses?
They can sign up a new account with their new email address.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 20:42   #14
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Would this be a bad time to point out the word MIGHT used on the Message of the Day thing?

Quote:
The Message of the Day
Since we now see a lot of accounts swapping owners due to the ability to update your emails (keep in mind, any prepaid credits for round 10 sticks to the OWNER of that email account) , we might be forced to reshuffle completely just before we start to tick. More on this when we know for sure.
Unread 28 May 2003, 20:42   #15
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by A2
Would this be a bad time to point out the word MIGHT used on the Message of the Day thing?
might is the worst ****ing word to use..

they shoud make up their mind one way or another
Unread 28 May 2003, 20:47   #16
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada

Agreed, enough ppl have done enough organising already, without them doing even more and possibly seeing it fked.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 20:49   #17
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
People who have pre-paid for r10 need to be able to change their e-mail address so that their credits are tracked and they can recover them next round. If they couldn't change then there would be people who would lose credits due to changing e-mail addresses
Unread 28 May 2003, 20:50   #18
zenopus
Xenoc

zenopus is an unknown quantity at this point
Easy to solve.
Just shuffle all who changed their email addy.
zenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 20:50   #19
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
A system for transferring credits would be needed, but i can't see any other flaws now.

Don't shufle, reset emails, and send new passwords. Tell people that is what will happen ASAP, and they'll have plenty of time to signup again- with the added "bonus" that they will be in a gal with 10 other existing players- assuming not everyone does this
Unread 28 May 2003, 20:50   #20
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Quote:

i thought about adding this as 0) but seriously that would be to much to wish for...
Unread 28 May 2003, 20:53   #21
Whis
never

Whis is an unknown quantity at this point
A shuffle would be best thing to do if this uneven galaxy thing isn't sufficiently sorted by the time ticks are supposed to start.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 20:55   #22
SPQR

SPQR is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by A2
People who have pre-paid for r10 need to be able to change their e-mail address so that their credits are tracked and they can recover them next round. If they couldn't change then there would be people who would lose credits due to changing e-mail addresses
Seriously, how often do you change your E-Mail adress? I think i didnt change my (main-)adress for 3 years now. And even if, i would most probably still be able to access my old one. So where is the problem?
I admit, there may be exceptions, but prolly just a handfull. That should be handled manualy by PMing the creators (or PA-Team?) then.
SPQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 20:58   #23
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Thumbs up

I agree, if they haven't logged in by now then they deserve to be with inactives.
Unread 28 May 2003, 21:01   #24
Yeggstry
Connection Established...

Yeggstry has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Agreed.

Just hope one of the important ppl listens to this...
R5 - 36:10:16 (Armada)
R6 - 32:16:13 (ViruS)
R7 - 26:3:14 (Infection LT/ViruS TO) (#364 planet, #34 gal)
R8 - 4:3:1 then 3:8:4 (ViruS TO)
R9 - 47:10:5 (ViruS Gaming Community (VGC) Tech Op)
R9.5 - 23:6:4 (VGC Tech Op) (#462 planet)
R10 - 5:2:3 then 5:3:1 (ViruS/Eclipse, #419 planet), Portal Coder
R11 - retired from PA
Yeggstry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 21:05   #25
DragonLord

This stops account sharers how again ?
Unread 28 May 2003, 21:06   #26
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future
erm....lots of people have logged in but not changed their name...perhaps they enjoy the neutral anonymity for now? (-:
But point taken, inactives shoudl not be mixed in with the rest.
Unread 28 May 2003, 21:06   #27
Dreadnought!

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonLord
This stops account sharers how again ?
Who said its meant to?

Its just so if we have acc sharers in a gal we also dont have inactive no name changers aswell
Unread 28 May 2003, 21:14   #28
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Exactly...
Unread 28 May 2003, 21:15   #29
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Nonentity
I agree, if they haven't logged in by now then they deserve to be with inactives.
My comp went down few days ago and I just logged in for the first time this night.

Does this mean I deserve to be with inactives :/
Unread 28 May 2003, 21:33   #30
Dreadnought!

Quote:
Originally posted by CrazyConrad
My comp went down few days ago and I just logged in for the first time this night.

Does this mean I deserve to be with inactives :/
They say the shuffle will be just before tickstart so im sure everyone who is going to change will have done so by then
Unread 28 May 2003, 21:43   #31
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SPQR
Seriously, how often do you change your E-Mail adress? I think i didnt change my (main-)adress for 3 years now. And even if, i would most probably still be able to access my old one. So where is the problem?
I admit, there may be exceptions, but prolly just a handfull. That should be handled manualy by PMing the creators (or PA-Team?) then.
I have a special emailadres for stuff like this. I also use it for spam sensitive cases. I only read the mail there if I expect email there. It was deleted a month ago because I hadn't checked it for a while. I could reclaim it, but that might not always be possible.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 22:09   #32
HiHou
G4MER

HiHou is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SPQR
that's true!

Also... it sure was a misstake when u decided at the start not to make a new shuffle and informed about it. But we all make mistakes so think atleast I can forgive this one gl creators/PATeam what ever u decide to do. Ppl wont be happy no matter what u did, just do what u think is the best.
Unread 28 May 2003, 22:38   #33
waassaa
unknown to all

waassaa is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SYMM
No shuffle!!
Its a free round, which people seem not to care so much about. It doesn't have to be the case that the actions of a few spoil it for everyone, if they know of specific cheats, then delete them. Otherwise do what they normally do and pretend nothing is wrong
word

Not in any alliance, but to be found in the #LCH channel amongst others. Just wanted that cleared up.
waassaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 22:42   #34
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
if u have seen it, it means u can prove it, so delete the abusers and lets carry on, if they cheat in this manner they will cheat all round, don't give them the option.

Not in any alliance, but to be found in the #LCH channel amongst others. Just wanted that cleared up.
Unread 28 May 2003, 22:57   #35
waassaa
unknown to all

damn, in fact i am getting really pissed about this.

yet again the pa creators are moving the goal.

to swap accoun ts is the same as account sharing, they should be closed, deleted and the ip address should be banned, they are cheaters.

why hassle the fair playing community for a bunch of cheats, you have admitted you know they have attempted to cheat, do something about it.

Or maybe we can find a loophole in the users agreement so your mates can stay open again.

Unread 28 May 2003, 22:58   #36
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
i also agree with the people that said this was a free round, and that another shuffle aint needed.

i do think thou, that they should take the gals that has less than 10 people, and put them into gals with 11-12 ppl.
Unread 28 May 2003, 23:05   #37
Not_RIT

Not_RIT is an unknown quantity at this point
Shuffle

Nooo It will only annoy more people imo
Not_RIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 23:06   #38
King_Sparticus
King of the Swingers

King_Sparticus is an unknown quantity at this point
indeed. Down with the shuffle. F00k the system etc.

MadCows and proud!
King_Sparticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 23:08   #39
TeraHertz
TeraHertz? Who's that?

TeraHertz is an unknown quantity at this point
erm...reshufle will stop password/nick trading how?

Pointless now. You've made the bed, now we all have to lie in it.
TeraHertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 23:08   #40
Denniz
Angelus Mortis

Denniz is an unknown quantity at this point
Shuffle \o/
r5 - 15:24:8 - Angelus Mortis of Mortem Expetere LuX/Wolfpack
r6 - 27:20:6 - Ignotus Milites of Non Omnis Moriar Wolfpack
r7 - 8:13:8 - Periculum In Mora of Aurora Musis Amica Wolfpack / allianceless / SnugglehBunnies
r8 - 22:5:4 Est quaedam flere voluptas of Hinc illae lacrimae Adelante / Fury / SnugglehBunnies
wc 1 - xx:yy:zz - ^Nuda veritas of Mirabile dictu^
wc 2 - 3:13:9 - Nox of Omnis una manet nox
r9 - 37:2:8 Nomen est omen of Somnium verum evadit Eclipse / SnugglehBunnies
r9.5 23:2:1 Multos timere debet of quem multi timent Elysium / SnugglehBunnies
Denniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 23:09   #41
Illogical
Property of merle

Illogical is an unknown quantity at this point
Upto mister Spinner really, id prefer not, cos many people have stuff set up

But if you must you must, as you said on irc its a lose lose situation

other option is : just close every account thats had there email address changed and tell them to resign up

also disable email changing facility

- Logic
Unread 28 May 2003, 23:12   #42
Eylisia
Aes Elysium

Eylisia is on a distinguished road
My gal seems rather inactive, at least as of yet,
but shuffling is still a bad idea, hmmk?

Eyl

A Prayer for the Wild at Heart kept in Cages
Eylisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 23:13   #43
Denniz
Angelus Mortis

Denniz is an unknown quantity at this point
i changed my email.

Cuz i dont use the old one that much anymore,
and the new one i still use.
I dont see a reason to get closed / signup again for it.
r5 - 15:24:8 - Angelus Mortis of Mortem Expetere LuX/Wolfpack
r6 - 27:20:6 - Ignotus Milites of Non Omnis Moriar Wolfpack
r7 - 8:13:8 - Periculum In Mora of Aurora Musis Amica Wolfpack / allianceless / SnugglehBunnies
r8 - 22:5:4 Est quaedam flere voluptas of Hinc illae lacrimae Adelante / Fury / SnugglehBunnies
wc 1 - xx:yy:zz - ^Nuda veritas of Mirabile dictu^
wc 2 - 3:13:9 - Nox of Omnis una manet nox
r9 - 37:2:8 Nomen est omen of Somnium verum evadit Eclipse / SnugglehBunnies
r9.5 23:2:1 Multos timere debet of quem multi timent Elysium / SnugglehBunnies
Denniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 23:15   #44
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
The ****up has already been made though, whether we like it or not, a shuffle IS needed. (im certainly not in favour of a shuffle myself, but i fear i think its needed)
Unread 28 May 2003, 23:18   #45
Ohm
none

Ohm is an unknown quantity at this point
1. Delete all accounts not accessed before shuffle on Monday.

2. Shuffle the rest into 15-20 planets-galaxies.
Ohm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 23:18   #46
coza
Banned

coza is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah for **** sake, everyone has there gal nearly sorted and trying to get them active on irc
not to mention the work going into cluster and para alliaces
how bent can u be heh
coza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 23:19   #47
Ohm
none

Unread 28 May 2003, 23:20   #48
Ohm
none

Unread 28 May 2003, 23:23   #49
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point
shuffle is bad :/
Unread 28 May 2003, 23:29   #50
coza
Banned

coza is an unknown quantity at this point
who gives 2 shiny ****es ....

Round 3 here we come