User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Administration > Planetarion Help Desk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Mar 2003, 04:03   #1
Alexan Drite

Alexan Drite is an unknown quantity at this point
Questions on what the manual left out

I want to know some things that the manual left out so I can plan my strategy for next week better. I'm going to be asking a lot of questions, but I'm sure most of them can be answered yes/no/one or two words.
1: How much income do we get in terms of Metal, Crystal, and Eon, JUST for having our planet. If you don't have a mine or asteroid. In past rounds this was like a 100 or 250 per tick.
2: Just to be sure, there are reduced travel times for Galaxy, and a slightly reduced for cluster?
3: The capture rate was (homeplanet/virtual-hostilefleet networth)/10. Is this percentage of the roids that the total hostile fleet will capture? If I attack someone 10x my fleet's scoe, and enough of my apods survive, I could theoretically get ALL of the roids? What if two people are attacking? Is this just randomly split along astropods(i.e. who ever has the most apods will get the most roids), or is it based on the total fleet?(If I have 80% of the attacking force I get 80% of the roids)? If this is the case, what happens if I only have enough pods to get half of the total astroid pods I'm supposed to but the other attackers make it up in terms of a lot more astroid pods, do they get the extra roids, or are the roids not captured for the round?
Is there a minimum number of roids to capture? Is there a minimum number of roids a defender must have before one can be taken(in previous rounds this has been 7 or 10). Is the percentage rounded up?
4: What are the costs of the different waves? I can't find the wave costs anywhere.
5: A couple ships say they target roids, how do these ships work? Are they destroyed when they target the roid?
6: When a stealing ship 'steals' a target ship, is the stealing ship destroyed? (I.e. if the pirate steals a ship then it's destroyed but you gain the new ship).
7: Wave reflector is listed as buildable, but is it PDS or is it a wave? It looks like a wave, but isn't listed in either group.
8: The ship stats table leaves out time to build. Where can I go to find out how long it takes to build each of those ships?

Thanks I guess that's it.
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 04:09   #2
Alexan Drite

Alexan Drite is an unknown quantity at this point
One more: Do we still get extra resources for each roid under the 250th we have? If we have one it gives us 499, if we have two we get 250+498, three 500+497, ect. Or is it straight 250.
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 04:48   #3
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
1. 250 of each

2. -1 eta for cluster and parellel, -3 ( I think) for galaxy.

3. 15% maximum roid-cap from a planet, splt proportionally between attackers. (based on fleetscore).

4.err...I forget

5. They are astropods, as in previous rounds. If they are not killed/stunned at the end of a tick they will capture roids (up to 15%). They can only be killed by other ships, not by capturing roids.

6. Stealing ships "die" when they have stolen ships equal to their own cost.

7. Wave reflectors are built on the waves page, and are not PDS.
They are "killed" when a scan is blocked (there is a formula for the chance of them "dying"...)

8. 4hrs for fighters, 8 for corvettes, 12 for frigates, 16 for de, 20 for CR, 24 for BS

9. 1 roids gives 500, 2 gives 2*499, 3 gives 3*498 etc.

(THis is based on my memory of previous rounds, I'm sure I'll be corected if i'm wrong...)
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 15:20   #4
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by SYMM
2. -1 eta for cluster and parellel, -3 ( I think) for galaxy.
Galaxy travel time is the travel time listed in the stats tables plus one tick. It's never altered by any travel time upgrades. I wrote a couple of FAQs explaining how travel time was computed; but they kept getting deleted. :/
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 15:31   #5
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
Galaxy travel time is the travel time listed in the stats tables plus one tick. It's never altered by any travel time upgrades. I wrote a couple of FAQs explaining how travel time was computed; but they kept getting deleted. :/
It's always been a mystery for me why ship stats travel time isn't listed as one of the following:

1. Galaxy travel time
2. Universe travel time without research

Instead it's listed as some odd number that has only been acheved oddly enough last round during in galaxy overburn defense.
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 17:18   #6
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Chax
It's always been a mystery for me why ship stats travel time isn't listed as one of the following:

1. Galaxy travel time
2. Universe travel time without research

Instead it's listed as some odd number that has only been acheved oddly enough last round during in galaxy overburn defense.
Because that would make too much sense!
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 17:28   #7
Legolas
State of Bliss

Legolas is an unknown quantity at this point
Noted for round 10 .

Incidentally.. it makes as much sence as the parallel navigation in the galaxy screen....
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 17:40   #8
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
1 out of 9 wrong, while drunk isn't bad going
SYMM for helpdesk mod...
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 01:53   #9
Legolas
State of Bliss

Legolas is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh, btw.

Once I get back to uni this week will update the manual with additions, as per asked on this subforum.