User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Jan 2003, 08:26   #1
Glatze

Glatze is an unknown quantity at this point
Private gals vs random gals

Can some1 tell me why they go back to priv gals again?? I had the idea the random gal situation last round was pretty good, except that some people could not stand the fact they ended up in galaxies not even close to the quality they were used to in previous rounds.

But I must have missed the reason somewhere...
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 08:32   #2
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
I think they just wanted to give the community what it "demanded" while we are supposed to be entertained waiting for r10.

I would much prefer random myself.

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 08:36   #3
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Well...

good that someone brings this up...

I personally dont care why and what the result is...priv gals or random...Still, I do also agree on random being better for the game, and #1 r8 showed that you can be best in a not that good galaxiy anyway...so that is the worst argument ever...

Its funny to get to know new people, again. and alliances had a more even fight, as noone could put all their members into highly protected stagnated gals...

Stagnation is also a bigger problem with private...

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 08:40   #4
Glatze

Quote:
Originally posted by RooKie
I think they just wanted to give the community what it "demanded" while we are supposed to be entertained waiting for r10.
Funny!! Didnt the 'community' demanded random gals a few months back?? They got it. But as you only hear the moaners who are in bad gals they changed it??
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 08:54   #5
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
h0h0h0h0

Glatze attacked me last rnd!!

ofc I got def

Random WITH overburn makes inactive worthless...

Random without ob makes cooperation important

-Jonas

Retired
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 08:56   #6
nuc

nuc is an unknown quantity at this point
The problems with the game are the problems that are spoken out. I wonder how big 'GOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDD, THANK YOU!!' there should be on the board before it overcomes the moaning.

Sometimes people want things that they dont really want because they fail to see the consequences. The point is to make the game good and fun, not to give people what they want. Someone might think its the same thing, but watch out!

-nuc
nuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 09:00   #7
Glatze

Re: h0h0h0h0

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonas
Glatze attacked me last rnd!!

Did I??

Unread 8 Jan 2003, 09:18   #8
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
i prefer random too.....
had much fun last round in my random gal + i got to know new people.
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 09:26   #9
Dizzyness

Dizzyness is an unknown quantity at this point
i liked random, though i wish next time we have it we could put more people into gals then just 10, though with the current # of players we have now that would be impossible
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 10:45   #10
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: h0h0h0h0

Quote:

Random without ob makes cooperation important
Random makes new players 'easier' to join if they can show sufficient dedication (because of the OB atts, they really need to be active to survive, any inactives will be nailed on sight even if in top galaxies, wich'll eliminate their interest towards PA).

Private would make them obvious cannonfodder (yet again, I doubt there's any chance for a newbie to survive to gain even some worth/score/roids/fleet and maybe even enjoy abit with the hardcore crew overkilling them - wich'll obviously happen).
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 13:41   #11
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Personally, I like private better. The whole reason the game is still fun to play is because of the community, the people you play it with.

Now last round, I ended up in a galaxy of mostly inactives, who never spoke a word, with the exception of one or two people who weren't on IRC pretty much ever either. All in all, that makes for very boring gameplay. If I can join a private galaxy with a bunch of friends, at least I know I'll be having fun on Politics and IRC whether or not the galaxy does well game-wise.
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 13:42   #12
Telest
Agitator

Telest is an unknown quantity at this point
well, private allows for some wars to be fought before news scans, and whereas you can finish on the top in a bad galaxy, it requires insomniac tendencies, something which on the long run isn't good on the community.

Random galaxies made defence way too easy to get last round, but it wasn't the only factor involved.
Telest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 13:45   #13
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

lol

KoeN attacked me too ^^ tho i think he regreted that too heya m8

GET US BACK TOO RANDOM!! IM SO STRESSED ARRANGING GALS ;D

-Jonas-

Retired
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 13:46   #14
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Random is better but not with 10 in a gal cause than it is boring on IRC. r7 I had 25 randoms gal and had a pretty fun round varying my rank between 2 and 2000. Off course even with a choice I will now always go random.

hAl
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 14:17   #15
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
hehe

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Personally, I like private better. The whole reason the game is still fun to play is because of the community, the people you play it with.

Now last round, I ended up in a galaxy of mostly inactives, who never spoke a word, with the exception of one or two people who weren't on IRC pretty much ever either. All in all, that makes for very boring gameplay. If I can join a private galaxy with a bunch of friends, at least I know I'll be having fun on Politics and IRC whether or not the galaxy does well game-wise.
i very much agree with what uve said.

Last round i was the only one of my m8es to get into a decent gal.
Being stuck in a 25mill gal with no actives or anytin is pretty darn BORING.

Isil
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 16:39   #16
Inky.ink

random is the fair way and will stop the big alliances going for the newer less experienced gals.
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 18:48   #17
[Cymru]
Lord of the Sheep

[Cymru] is an unknown quantity at this point
I would dearly love to see the private gals have a random feel to them aswell.

If indeed there are gonna be random gals seperately from private galaxies then i feel groups of 5 privates mixed together to make the 10 or 15 player private galaxies should add some more fun and interaction to the game.

I, like most of the community, enjoy meeting new people. So randomising the privates to some extent means lots more meeting new people while giving a stronger guarantee that you'll be with more seasoned plyers.
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 02:02   #18
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: lol

Quote:
KoeN attacked me too ^^ tho i think he regreted that too heya m8

?...i was bashed just once in R8, but that was 2 BG's (3 top50 players + 7 other guys). so i don't think you ever countered me (if that's what you're trying to say).

hello btw
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 03:03   #19
MelAn
Condenación

MelAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Private gals vs random gals

Quote:
Originally posted by Glatze
Can some1 tell me why they go back to priv gals again?? I had the idea the random gal situation last round was pretty good, except that some people could not stand the fact they ended up in galaxies not even close to the quality they were used to in previous rounds.

But I must have missed the reason somewhere...
...cause its kinda annoying to stand up every 2nd hour cause u & 1-2 others are the only ones who checks nightticks + OB problem.

Give me a big, mixed universe: newbs & n00bs & elite ppl( The word is poor sarcasm) and i'll fully support a random universe!!!

But some ppl play pa AND STILL have a private life, with girls, parties & important dates + some nights where they are just so f** drunken to check nightticks.

Its a pleasure to play pa, knowing that u have 100% galaxy support & to share responsiblities in a flexible way...

Bin sone Heulboje & Private gal Pussy wa, Glatze ? *grins*
R4: 55:8:23 Selenia the Dark Angel of Urborg of Dominaria ( NoS)
R5: 24:12:5 MelAncholic Angel of Condemnation (NoS)
R6: 21:5:10 Cursed Visionary of True Faith (NoS)
R7: 9:19:9 Fragrance of Your Skin (NoS/Bunnies)
R8: 3:5:4 Cursed Hands of Devotion (Fury/Bunnies)
R9: 18:2:4 Infernal Memories of Humiliation (Eclipse/Bunnies)
--------------------
MelAncholic
...criticism is the root of all progress
MelAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 03:16   #20
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
The reason its private is because there is no way in fk they would be able to trick enough people to pay for another random round again... its gonna be a pretty sad round as it is number wise, and it would only get poorer if it were random.
________
Marijuana Vaporizers

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:27.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 06:40   #21
Silva baby
sexy honky chic

Silva baby is an unknown quantity at this point
i think a bigger universe is needed for random gals

Ex-Silver BC
Forever in Elysium

i have [FAITH] in myself, [FAITH] in my galaxy, and [FAITH] in my alliance
do you?

[FAITH][SILVER]

Last edited by Silva baby; 9 Jan 2003 at 06:49.
Silva baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 09:19   #22
Glatze

Re: Re: Private gals vs random gals

Quote:
Originally posted by MelAn
Bin sone Heulboje & Private gal Pussy wa, Glatze ? *grins*
Can some1 explain this to me plz? :eek:
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 09:23   #23
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I've 'ave always prefered random, meeting new people is far more interesting than the actual game.
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 11:17   #24
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by mbushell
I've 'ave always prefered random, meeting new people is far more interesting than the actual game.
I wouldn't pay 10$ just to meet a few people in a random galaxy. I have IRC for that.

Unless the game drastically changes R10 I wouldn't ever consider going random again.
Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 11:39   #25
TonStar

Cool Y the Priv-Gal's

I wood like to have priv-Gal's becouse it just make's the game more fun for me(like when I get Incoming some one in my Galaxy can help me out or get help from the alliance I'm in when I am in bad).
I like Pri-Gal's becouse I dont have the bad part of the big-U in my Galaxy(this mean's I dont have to work at killing them off and getting them kick'ed from the Galaxy and know one know's who I am till it's to late) L00L.
+ priv-Gal's are all round good for you-&-your alliance's
I just had to have the in my ferst post hehe
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 12:23   #26
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

hehe

KoeN who arranged that attack again

Tho some of them werent my guys...so I didnt get all my roids back, tho you lost them Nevertheless...That is what makes random even more fun...you fight people from everywhere

-Jonas-

Retired
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 16:01   #27
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Private galaxies rule because...

Noone in my galaxy gets deleted for cheating when it's private
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 18:13   #28
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
priv gals are most suitable for people with no skills who just launches their fleets when their BC tells them too.

random is for the true players
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 18:37   #29
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
hence your 3m planet last round

(jk, I know you was an inactive poof)
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 19:22   #30
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Fish
hence your 3m planet last round

(jk, I know you was an inactive poof)
its not easy to be big when your inactive, dont care, dont attack and dont have an alliance.
But the point is that is fun, I hump0red legs and meet new people
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 21:28   #31
Azaghal

Azaghal is an unknown quantity at this point
I myself prefer random anytime. But that's mainly because I'm not a very serious player, I more like the politics. I like the excitement of a random galaxy, meeting new people from a different corner of the PA community.

I can very well understand the privgal supporters, who often tend to be a bit better players than me. And well, since P2P, the game of course HAS become a bit more serious.
---
I myself am in favor of having random galaxies and private galaxies combined, but have random galaxies be smaller. Random galaxies are already hard enough to organize already, and making them larger than private galaxies only makes it worse. In compensation for random galaxies having a more difficult time, they should have some extra resources, or lower travel costs.
Azaghal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 08:25   #32
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RANDOM > PRIVATE

Unread 10 Jan 2003, 11:36   #33
Al_zz
ensign forever

Al_zz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Private galaxies rule because...

Quote:
Originally posted by Chax
Noone in my galaxy gets deleted for cheating when it's private
Hmmm I'm not hearing you say:
"Noone in my gal will be cheating when it is private"
which is what you should have said (even if we would not have believed you then)
Al_zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 11:36   #34
Al_zz
ensign forever

Al_zz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov
priv gals are most suitable for people with no skills who just launches their fleets when their BC tells them too.

Indeed !!!

hAl
Al_zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 12:40   #35
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold
Re: lol

Quote:

GET US BACK TOO RANDOM!!
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 13:57   #36
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Re: Re: Private galaxies rule because...

Quote:
Originally posted by Al_zz
Hmmm I'm not hearing you say:
"Noone in my gal will be cheating when it is private"
which is what you should have said (even if we would not have believed you then)
I can't guarantee that. I wish I could, but sometimes people lie to you about it. Thing is though if I find out they will be exiled at the same time they are reported, who wants to wait for creators... so noone in my private galaxy does get deleted for cheating.

However I do not like what you're implying, you're implying that people in my galaxy cheat, and I can assure you that playing by the rules is a criteria for joining any galaxy of mine.

Now why I worded it like I did, well in my r8 gal there were 4 planets closed for cheating. One of them because I reported it. the others I dunno how.

My round became really boring after FeNiX, Sjor, Billy and The Seeker disappeared from the galaxy. It would have been a lot more fun if they could have followed the rules. and exiling in r8??? too expensive and too inactive galaxy to manage.
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 16:42   #37
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:

This would it include you I assume ? As frankly you've hardly proved much in either random round, an unremarkable planet in Round 3 (Not even Top 200 which if you were indeed a Legion member was poor) and a 3 million point planet in Round 8.

I didn't really play Round 8 due to real life so I feel I missed out somewhat, my impression was that galaxies were too small to truly be fun (Getting to know new people on IRC and such) but I guess with the size of the universe it had to be that way. If there were 25 player random galaxies (Which may be an idea for R10) then I wouldn't mind giving it a go. These days I kind of get the feeling random wouldn't be appropriate, in Round 2 there weren't many universe wide alliances at the start of the round but in Round 8 it was universe wide alliances, which to a certain extent ruined the round (I’m looking at Titans, LDK, ViruS, Section and DTA).

If you had to ask me what I wanted for Round 9 I'd defiantly say private galaxies, alliances have once again shown they can't be trusted to not build blocks (Looking at ViruS, Olympians and Madcows) and the universe is far too small for a random round, I also think the player base will be larger due to the private galaxies. I think the only reason I've decided to play is I get one last game of old Planetarion with my friends in a private galaxy.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 17:12   #38
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
This would it include you I assume ? As frankly you've hardly proved much in either random round, an unremarkable planet in Round 3 (Not even Top 200 which if you were indeed a Legion member was poor) and a 3 million point planet in Round 8.

I didn't really play Round 8 due to real life so I feel I missed out somewhat, my impression was that galaxies were too small to truly be fun (Getting to know new people on IRC and such) but I guess with the size of the universe it had to be that way. If there were 25 player random galaxies (Which may be an idea for R10) then I wouldn't mind giving it a go. These days I kind of get the feeling random wouldn't be appropriate, in Round 2 there weren't many universe wide alliances at the start of the round but in Round 8 it was universe wide alliances, which to a certain extent ruined the round (I’m looking at Titans, LDK, ViruS, Section and DTA).

If you had to ask me what I wanted for Round 9 I'd defiantly say private galaxies, alliances have once again shown they can't be trusted to not build blocks (Looking at ViruS, Olympians and Madcows) and the universe is far too small for a random round, I also think the player base will be larger due to the private galaxies. I think the only reason I've decided to play is I get one last game of old Planetarion with my friends in a private galaxy.
nice to see you havent developed any sense of humour hicks. (You are also incorrect about me and r3, but I wont correct you here)

yes, galaxys should have been more than 10 planets, in order to meet more people and having more people to take the late shifts.
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 17:52   #39
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
(I’m looking at Titans, LDK, ViruS, Section and DTA).
I'd point out the error here but I'd rather not go over it again, and it doesn't contribute to the thread.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 18:37   #40
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
nice to see you havent developed any sense of humour hicks. (You are also incorrect about me and r3, but I wont correct you here)
http://www.planet101.org/planetarion...d3.planet1.php
http://www.planet101.org/planetarion...d3.planet2.php
Round 3 final planet rankings, I don't see 26:13:13 in there anywhere, what exactly am I wrong about ? As I recall 26:13 was rather highly ranked combining that with the fact you were a Legion member your planet was rather crap.

Scouse you entered the round with relations with LDK and ViruS it just proves that alliances can't be trusted either way. The best thing for Round 10 would be if every alliance disbanded before ti began
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 01:29   #41
logamus

if everyone wants randoms so much, just choose that when you sign up and quit worring about what everyone else does. its not like its private or nothing at all. you still get a choice.
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 03:19   #42
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by logamus
if everyone wants randoms so much, just choose that when you sign up and quit worring about what everyone else does. its not like its private or nothing at all. you still get a choice.
Been over a million times before. Surely you must have the intelligence to see the difference between a completely random universe and choosing to go random in a mostly private universe?
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 04:02   #43
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
...I think the only reason I've decided to play is I get one last game of old Planetarion with my friends in a private galaxy.
Same here, rX will be totally diffrent and nothing like the PA we got for the next round.

Unread 11 Jan 2003, 04:13   #44
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
...alliances have once again shown they can't be trusted to not build blocks (Looking at ViruS, Olympians and Madcows)
Who said there would not be groups? What is important is to see that they dont get too strong or dominant. MadCowS want a fun round for all, we are not loking for r3, 5 and 7 over again.

Unread 11 Jan 2003, 05:36   #45
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
http://www.planet101.org/planetarion...d3.planet1.php
http://www.planet101.org/planetarion...d3.planet2.php
Round 3 final planet rankings, I don't see 26:13:13 in there anywhere, what exactly am I wrong about ? As I recall 26:13 was rather highly ranked combining that with the fact you were a Legion member your planet was rather crap.

Scouse you entered the round with relations with LDK and ViruS it just proves that alliances can't be trusted either way. The best thing for Round 10 would be if every alliance disbanded before ti began
My r3 planet (witch you seem obsessed with) wasnt top200. I never claimed it to be either.
You seem to think I was Legion member the whole round, with is far from the truth. There is also some other things that limited my growth in that round, one of them was having one account (while most had.. like 3 farms and one scan-planet).

However, thats not the point of my comment about random/priv galaxies.
When you get it, I will make a worthwhile reply, and we can have a proper discussion.
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 15:13   #46
Scaggydo
Necro's Minion

Scaggydo is an unknown quantity at this point
didnt wanna start a new thread and the title of this one seemed the most logical place to post, even if it has become a scrap between Hicks and Zhukov.. but anyway, to the point..

everyone has been suggesting ways to make random galaxies more appealing or at least as appealing as a private galaxy. how about a drastic move to downgrade the strategic ability of a private galaxy? dont know if it has been suggested on here, and im sure i will get flamed for it, but how about limiting all members of a private galaxy to any 1 or 2 of the 4 races, of their choice? the creator of the galaxy selects the race/races to be used. alliances then will have to sort out thier galaxies, and private galaxies of mixed alliances will have to work out some sort of arrangement.
this would mean private galaxies would be strategically weaker against certain attacks while random galaxies will be able to cover all types of attacks, provided they are active. i know those of you that are fans of private galaxies will hate this iea as u will feel it is limiting your opertunities of playing the game, but the idea is to level the playing field between private and random galaxies and persuade more ppl to chose random, leading to a better round for all.
maybe in this way also, zeus's request for 1 alliance per galaxy would be more attainable as the organisation amoung galaxy mates will be much more tight before the round begins. alliances will want to organise their fleets in such a way as to have numbers of each race, attack organisation will be more tight as race vs race target selection will be more important. all in all as a change from the past few rounds, it would be an interesting strategic alteration.

flame at will.

ex-NFU, ex-Silver HC
R1-nfi, R2-C4, R3-12:8:4, R4-140:15:1, R5-29:12:17, R6-27:13:2, R7-RL, R8-RL, R9-36:5:1, R9.5-Asleep
Scaggydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 15:35   #47
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
However, thats not the point of my comment about random/priv galaxies.
When you get it, I will make a worthwhile reply, and we can have a proper discussion.
Perhaps you should have thought of that before making the assumption that all players who prefer private galaxies have no skills. In fact that was your only contribution to this thread, what exactly is there to "get" about it ? That you have an ego that has nothing being it to justify it ? On a side note does it hurt when I laugh at your "achievements" or are you just forced to reply to me every time ? Considering the galaxy you were in it doesn't matter what excuses you make, your planet sucked.

Hm I quite like the idea of making random galaxies more attractive by limiting private galaxies in some way but the idea of limiting the races a galaxy can choose is not going far enough to make people think twice about choosing to go private. Perhaps galaxy news could be disabled for private galaxies, after all the players likely to be choosing to go private should be fairly active where as those who go random may be less so and have more use for galaxy news.

If Zeus really wants to force one alliance to a galaxy then your going to have make private galaxies sufficiently small that alliances can only afford to put their members in it (Five or so) and then merge these galaxies with random accounts to top up the numbers. That wouldn't work in a P2P round either way as there is going to be almost no random accounts.
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 18:30   #48
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
SNIP
ROFL.
nice to see you still take my first post seriously.
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 18:40   #49
Iniluki
Baron Samedi

Iniluki has a spectacular aura aboutIniluki has a spectacular aura aboutIniluki has a spectacular aura about
random would suck as you would face the prospect of getting landed in a galaxy full of inactive ****s!

Victims, aren't we all?
Iniluki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 20:09   #50
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
I know Im wrong but I was joking and I tricked you HAHA PLD ME
One of the lamest things you can say on Internet forums