User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 21 May 2009, 21:10   #351
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold
Re: R31 tick 450 | Current state of politics

LOL keep it coming! i enjoy your score change on sandmans especially!
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2009, 21:13   #352
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
We're being slandered by the AD mod.

Yup Lok, great job of being unbiased there.

A shining example of what's wrong with planetarion & why people hate ascendancy.
First. off (as crab has confirmed) it's not slander if there's truth behind it.

Second off what does my opinion have to do with my moderating?

And finally, people hating Ascendancy is pretty much up to them. Winning three in a row is bound to get us some shit along the way. I think we behaved far more reprehensibly when we were showboating a lot, but if that's your opinion alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Hehe, this thread has changed from the start of it being full of Ascendancy ego heads who think it is better to rub salt in the wounds of there victims (kila,theam etc) so now some nice bitterness including the likes of JBG,Lok in this category (hi achi also).
Incorrect - I've actually stated that Ascendancy were vulnerable this round to any strategy that involved them being swamped (as the stats are rewarding it more than usual) and so they have. Far from being bitter, I want to suggest ways out of it. All I did in my post was point out various options for Ascendancy at two different stages of the round. I have no strategic input into what Ascendancy does, as having an opinion is worthless if you don't have the time to implement. Quite honestly I don't really care who hits Ascendancy, for whatever reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
You seem to miss the point totally, when you make an alliance of 120 members, after winning a couple of rounds before. And are on friendly terms with the 2 other bigger alliances. When its so clear before the round you're the total top favourite and you dont even try to make an effort to make the round challenging but simply keep recruiting and stay friendly with the big alliances. There are 2 things that can happen, nobody can notice it, everyone just plays along with their own game and Asc roids everyone and wins or people get worried about a round like that and in responce organize to take down Asc. Obviously the second option is far far more likely, but nothing has been done by Asc, you only talk bad about the bg's and that its their fault for not making a decent ally etc. So eventually you get the responce you have coming and only after theres panic and the Asc forum squad tries to do some damage control, but even now you guys dont seem to understand the reason everyone is teaming up against you.
I don't really care for any reason to be frank with you. I care about good strategy. As I've said on numerous occasions, my view was of the minority.

Quote:
Even now you only talk about wishing you had hit the bg's more earlier and how they're lame and you're the best.
I view this as a highly avoidable (but perhaps not terminal) error.

Quote:
It's scary but i have to agree with Demort, if you guys had tried to fight for the win instead of taking the easy way, if it had appeared that the round would be fought for. All the bg's would be off doing their own thing, roiding eachother and having fun that way.
And I know I've posted this a few times now, but its hard to understand why you guys seem to totally ignore this. Just because Asc might have done something wrong too, doesnt make it a terrible alliance all of a sudden.
But if you dont learn from this round, people will have to keep bashing you to try and teach you :P

Obviously the bg's would prefer to just mess around and hit everyone (thats what was advertized to me and why i signed up) , not worrying about who ends up first, but that hasnt been an option so far.
The option of Ascendancy fighting all out for the win is far far worse for these BG's I can assure you, as they would just be levelled until they quit playing. I am anti such strategies but for Ascendancy this round, it was the best one they could deploy. For some reasons others thought it better to try and outroid everyone.

I don't think we need to learn lessons from anybody. If you want to play freely, you have to earn the right to do so - by teaming up by however numbers to one, you are doing just that. If you want to repeat it fine - we will have to play with a better strategy and a better mentality if we can't win this round (although I firmly believe we can).

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]Byrney View Post
I think Lok was suggesting that whilst DLR were playing within ND they weren't really playing for ND, hence the comparison between us (I say us, I wasn't DLR until they went solo last round) and the liths in xVx. I can understand Grog taking offence to that considering all the work he put in for ND every round he played with them.

I can understand some grievances about us playing solo and not within ND, but suggesting we weren't fully committed to ND whilst in tag is pretty insulting from where I'm standing.
Right lets clear it up right here. Did DLR provide benefits to ND? Yes. However, do I think they held DLR members' interests (particularly with regards to defence) above other ND members who were working just as hard as them? Absolutely. Upon joining DLR it was absolutely evident that DLR players were holding back their defence fleets for other DLR at the expense of perfectly hard working ND players. And if we're getting down to brass tacks here, these are the same people who sneered at other ND for 'not pulling their weight'. It is similar with many other battlegroups/factions, so I am not sure what there is to complain about.

Anyway to my real conclusion: my approach to the game is far more hard nosed and conservative than many players in Ascendancy. I very much believe in grinding out victories so they are absolutely certain and using aggression to simply mop up the enemy. I also believe that conserving energy is very very important over a round of planetarion for two reasons:

- you need it to be resilient and go to the end of the round.
- planetarion is less of a chore to play if you are in good nick and have been sleeping pretty consistently.

It was for these two reasons that I was heavily pro Ascendancy winding it down somewhat this round because last round we faced fierce opposition and required a lot of effort to see the round home. I am in near total disagreement with the way Ascendancy have approached this round and most of all their opposition. I would have simply put them away one on one, razed them to the ground and just sat in a stagnated universe for three weeks given a chance.

Regardless of my own views, I accept the choice of my colleagues and make no apologies for their choice. If people want to play for us and the group like them, let them play for us. If they fail, as with everything in Ascendancy - there will be consequences for those who recruited them.
Unread 21 May 2009, 21:19   #353
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

So in short, the bg's are filled with shit players, who only play for ranks, but dont want to put in the effort.
And ofcourse this are all just facts and its in no way talking bad about the bg's?

Tbh I think it takes more skill to do good in a smaller alliance, where you cant always count on ally defense, where you cant 4-5 wave a gal. Where you cant just ignore defense ships. Where DC/BC dont decide everything for you.
ofc thats open to debate, but just because someone plays in a BG, it doesnt make them shit, they might just care a bit less about ranks and more about fun and a challenge.
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2009, 21:23   #354
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
So in short, the bg's are filled with shit players, who only play for ranks, but dont want to put in the effort.
And ofcourse this are all just facts and its in no way talking bad about the bg's?

Tbh I think it takes more skill to do good in a smaller alliance, where you cant always count on ally defense, where you cant 4-5 wave a gal. Where you cant just ignore defense ships. Where DC/BC dont decide everything for you.
ofc thats open to debate, but just because someone plays in a BG, it doesnt make them shit, they might just care a bit less about ranks and more about fun and a challenge.
If you do not count Ascendancy as an alliance, I am with you on this!
Unread 21 May 2009, 21:27   #355
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

I think they have many players who are more concerned about their rank than fighting a prolonged and messy war, because such a situation makes it far far more difficult to enjoy the game to any capacity. Effort is immaterial.
Unread 21 May 2009, 21:41   #356
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demort
in my eyes I even think any of the bgs could beat cardis ldk bg 1 on 1
I've played with and against a lot of the liths and consistently against most of the members of the various bgs. To be honest you're talking complete junk. The only alliance I'd rate as standing a half-decent chance of taking down the liths 1 on 1 would be evolution.

Last edited by lokken; 22 May 2009 at 12:25.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2009, 21:56   #357
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

Hehe jbg I've kicked ldks ass many times in other games and majority of these ldk were there even cardi ran the ally and I had less members then ldk you over estimate ldk but you might be right but licking cardis ass doesn't suit you mate your respect level just took a knock thought you actually had brains but maybe its just a half empty shell as your brains being destroyed with bad emo posts on this forum

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2009, 21:59   #358
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
You are making it look like we deliberately tried to recruit every able man and his dog. This is simply wrong.
well asc have lied about their pre-round recruitment already tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
They are full of people who are anti-asc but do not wish to put the effort in to play as an alliance and take them on. This is no 'bad mouthing', just simple facts.
thats bullshit. look at who is in the BG's and running them, ie.

WAFHH - led by Wishmaster (who played some rounds with asc and led the fight against asc last round by leaving them - even though they were dominant in previous rounds) and Foxman (played in numerous alliances challenging asc over the past few round including HC'ing in some). Our members are mostly omen from last round, quite a few of which couldve joined asc this round but turned down the opportunity.

Evolution - started by VenoX (ex Denial HC and also invited to join asc this round) with a denial core, one of the main rivals to asc in recent rounds.

DLR - played in ND for many rounds against asc. only left for a new challenge and to try to play in and build a stronger, better ran group than ND based around an old core iirc.

saying that we dont wish to put the effort in is either trolling or very naive given the effort many BG members have put in against asc this past 4/5 rounds. it's this sort of ignorance which gives asc it's bad reputation.

what do you suggest the BG members should have done pre-round? it seems like you think we shouldve made an alliance to challenge ascendancy 1v1...sorry but planetarion doesnt work like that just cause you want it to.
there are numerous reasons why such an alliance wasnt made this round, which i wont go into atm...but these should be quite obvious based on the pa community and recent pa history.

simply put all the players within the BG's coming together into one tag instead of operating independently would've ended in epic fail and another easy win for asc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
I think they have many players who are more concerned about their rank than fighting a prolonged and messy war, because such a situation makes it far far more difficult to enjoy the game to any capacity. Effort is immaterial.
as said above, many of the BG players have fought hard against asc in recent history and are not afraid to do it again...the circumstances at this time though mean that another failed 'super ally' attempt to bring down asc 1v1 would be a waste of time.

it was stated many times by BG members pre-round that joining whatever little ally they did was in their eyes the only viable option at this time...i for one felt this way and still felt like it was the right decision.

the idea that people joined BG's for personal gain when ascendancy looked set to dominate is quite insulting. especially given the exodus of people from anti-asc alliances who have shipjumped into asc over recent rounds for better protection or because they got roided. are you saying people like reese and eksero (who have played against asc in the past) deserve more respect for jumping on the ascendancy ship (which has just won 3 times in a row) than people who refused the opportunity to play in asc in order to join a small ally which never had any shot of winning and was likely to get bashed from the start of the round?

PS. sorry for using reese and eksero as examples. nothing personal at all as ive never spoken to either of you, you are both high profile examples however of people who recently joined asc and who have been notorious in fighting asc recently.

PPS. i gramatically butchered the last sentence of that last paragraph. lokken or mz please feel free to edit to make me look less illiterate.
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009

Last edited by Fuzzy; 21 May 2009 at 22:17.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2009, 22:03   #359
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:

what makes you think BC/DC decides everything in top allies?
i was bc/dc in a small ally for 7 rounds, its harder work there cause everyone begs you to look at there calcs, find an attack for them, and yur more often
dcing there incomings as well.
hell i still even get pm's from those people if they should land or not.
that being said def should be better organised in a top ally anyway.

and my definition of a bg isn't that they are a small ally,
bg's are in my eyes all filled with descent players that have emo'd against so many people in pa that they can't merge and form one descent ally anymore.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2009, 22:05   #360
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demort View Post
Hehe jbg I've kicked ldks ass many times in other games and majority of these ldk were there even cardi ran the ally and I had less members then ldk you over estimate ldk but you might be right but licking cardis ass doesn't suit you mate your respect level just took a knock thought you actually had brains but maybe its just a half empty shell as your brains being destroyed with bad emo posts on this forum
can you send me a towel or something? i just pee'd because i was laughing so hard.

i think you might owe Cardi one too
<CarDinaL> i cant stop laughing D every rnd we played any other game, we (word omitted) killed and made him emoquit - every (another omission) rnd he played any game we did.

really though, i hate AD.. screw you for asking me to post CarDi <3
Unread 21 May 2009, 22:08   #361
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy
well asc have lied about their pre-round recruitment already tbh.
What the ****, who did this? I'll gladly consent to the entire logs of #ascendancy being pasted in order to clarify any issues on how we actually recruited this round.
Unread 21 May 2009, 22:09   #362
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

fuzzy: i would suggest them to take their bgs into an alliance like the liths did.

oh and vemox is very anti asc by the way and grog etc are not really our posterboys either. Wishy I have some respect for, but also a healthy amount of e-hate when needed (<3)
Unread 21 May 2009, 22:35   #363
Fuzzy

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
What the ****, who did this? I'll gladly consent to the entire logs of #ascendancy being pasted in order to clarify any issues on how we actually recruited this round.
fs...im trying to avoid getting into debates with you atm.

from a pre-round thread:

Quote:
why are you still trying to poach members from other alliances when youre already greatly over the alliance limit?

its not like youre only taking in people who WANT to play for you because of your awesome and unique setup....
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBG
I'm not doing anything. I think I invited 4 people this round, reese, eksero, hyperionhk and tearz. As in all cases where I invite people I felt that a) they had something to offer Ascendancy and b) Ascendancy had something.
fair enough you used the term 'think', but you also apparently asked lizardking and VenoX to join - and these are only 2 people who ive spoken to who have happened to mention their invite to asc from you. again though - its a minor issue...im just saying that ascendancy recruiting hasnt been as innocent as has been claimed. (even if claims from others about asc's policies are over exaggerated also). no big deal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_Theamion
fuzzy: i would suggest them to take their bgs into an alliance like the liths did.
lol. is that what YOU would do in our position? really?

playing as a BG in an ally like CT or ND is truly a horrible thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_Theamion
oh and vemox is very anti asc by the way and grog etc are not really our posterboys either. Wishy I have some respect for, but also a healthy amount of e-hate when needed (<3)
heh, fair enough.

im probably just being stupid i just dont really see how any of this is relevant to my rebuttal of your 'fact' that BG members do not wish to put the effort in to fight against asc, which as i mentioned, is quite insulting.

Unread 21 May 2009, 22:39   #364
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

'they want to play along with some friends, not caring about alliance rank'

it is implied.
Unread 21 May 2009, 22:43   #365
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh man really? I'll have to delay my decision over whether or not to tell cardi I'll guarantee xVx finish #1 in exchange for them hitting a BG with us every night until it disbands then!

OMG THE NEXT ALLIANCE TO REPEATEDLY HIT US WILL GET BASHED INTO THE GROUND! BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID!!!!!

ring a bell ?
Unread 21 May 2009, 22:45   #366
Fuzzy

thats not really anything to do with us not wanting to play as an alliance to take asc on though

thats our alternative given that at the moment we cant realistically make an ally which could challenge asc (and win).

either that or do what you suggested (which i really hope you didnt mean ) and try to join allies like ND and CT.

Unread 21 May 2009, 22:57   #367
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post

Right lets clear it up right here. Did DLR provide benefits to ND? Yes. However, do I think they held DLR members' interests (particularly with regards to defence) above other ND members who were working just as hard as them? Absolutely. Upon joining DLR it was absolutely evident that DLR players were holding back their defence fleets for other DLR at the expense of perfectly hard working ND players. And if we're getting down to brass tacks here, these are the same people who sneered at other ND for 'not pulling their weight'. It is similar with many other battlegroups/factions, so I am not sure what there is to complain about.
Spending a round in DLR myself, putting these exact questions forward to DLR members, I found out different findings. Also I have witnessed first hand, decent def being coordinated from Grog to none DLR members on several occasions. Firstly when I had Byrney ingal he received huge amounts of def, why? because he worked for the alliance of ND, he wasn't DLR at the time and had never been DLR at this particular moment. DLR members may hold fleets, not though, for other DLR members, but for Grog (there main DC)to send fairly to members who have contributed the most to ND at the time. Selfish DC's have been a problem from where I'm standing in ND throughout rounds and if Grog was aware of this, he would simply send defence to who he thought deserved it the most rather then sending def to ND DC's who just wanted to claim loads for themselves etc. Also from my first hand experiences Grog is a damn fair DC, those who question otherwise should be shot as far as I'm concerned. So Lokken I'd prefer you to actually ask Stein/Gate or Grog himself about DLR def to ND planets for a fairer more balanced opinion, then the rubbish you've just come out with.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2009, 23:27   #368
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:

PS. sorry for using reese and eksero as examples. nothing personal at all as ive never spoken to either of you, you are both high profile examples however of people who recently joined asc and who have been notorious in fighting asc recently.
I have also played in asc before - and left them to join a different alliance the round after (even though asc won the round). Your point being?
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2009, 01:06   #369
Fuzzy

my point was perfectly clear tbh but ill repeat it in different words

i think its beyond stupid that the people who didnt join asc this round (or in previous rounds) seem to get labelled as idiots and are apparently more concerned about personal ranks than fighting wars or working in a team. it seems that we are being labelled as self-minded wheras the various shipjumpers who joined asc in the past few rounds and people joining asc pre-round rather than stepping forward to put up a resistance are immune from such criticism.

i pointed out you and reese as examples as you were both denial HC and therefore major players in the 'war against ascendancy' in recent history (the only ally to have beaten asc since r25)

asc propaganda bitches at the rest of the universe from their high horse for not forming allies good enough to challenge them or to attract members (thus the reason why asc recruited over the limit this round whilst the other allies bar xVx lie well below it), but when asc recruits some of the very few people left willing to put the major effort in to make such an ally i find it silly to make such a point.

such criticisms are foolish and naive, and im not criticising asc for recruiting these people...just for slating others for not being as good as them when the circumstances are in some element controlled by asc also

like i said in a previous post

"any 'problem' within the game/community are the responsibility of EVERYONE to fix

everyone in ascendancy seems to be screaming at those outside it for being shit and not challenging them

everyone not in ascendancy seems to be screaming at ascendancy for recruiting most of the best and active people left in the playerbase"

whether there is a problem is subjective, but given the vast moaning from both sides here i would say there is something of an issue in the balance of the game atm.

PS. which rounds have you played with asc before eksero?
PPS. why didnt you join evo this round with venox who you've been working with since r26 (if not before)?

Unread 22 May 2009, 04:04   #370
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

R28
And venox was never the same man after he had joined the ranks of newdawn for a round!
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2009, 04:06   #371
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
fair enough you used the term 'think', but you also apparently asked lizardking and VenoX to join
I just meant I "invited" four people to ascendancy. "Inviting" is the process I think of them actually joining, due to the fact we used to use !invite. I didn't mean I only asked four people this round, I genuinely have no idea how many I asked. Sorry for any confusion!

PS CBA, lokken was actually in ND for a long time, I don't really think he needs to ask people in order to have an opinion on his time there.

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 22 May 2009 at 04:43.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2009, 05:44   #372
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

awww man i think cardi just divided by zero

bet asc all

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2009, 07:53   #373
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Can everyone bitching about ascs recruitment policy plz remember that there is no policy as everyone votes, and those votes dont seem to be rational or consistent.

Also you should be praising that system to the heavens atm; without it xVx would not be winning, CarDi took the liths to xVx precisely because a portion of the asc memberbase felt we were too big and voted against bringing in the liths that were not already part of asc.
Unread 22 May 2009, 08:31   #374
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

I see theres still the same old whining going on.. Whats there to bitch over ppl goin in to BG`s ? That they didnt form one BIG alliance to stand up against mighty Ascendancy?

Instead they formed groups where they actually wanted to play with ppl that they like and want to cooperate with and are beating Ascendancy now.. Imo all is ok and as it should b.. whats the diffrence if it was 2 big allys hitting instead of little BG`s ? tbh Asc should also be glad, as the defence is harder between these little BGs than it would have been in 1-2 big alliances..
Unread 22 May 2009, 08:45   #375
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post

yes, if Denial // wolfpack etc, decides to play again, i will be happy to offer my service(and the members willing to join) to them, as i would feel we would have a realistic chance of fighting Asc then, Joining a alliance this round, just to either avoid pissing asc off, or noobroiding, was never a option for us.

i realy doubt we got alot of members that joined to get "good ranks", when that would be utterly retarded, all the time asc was expected to win with ease(and most likely still will)

i can remember from the top of my head ppl that i invited to join, but turned it down, one being Patrikc, that went to asc, im sure he did that to fight hard for the topranks another one being Mactz. that went to DLR, he did this due to personal wishes, and due to galmix, the third one being Pingu, that turned us down for a 13 man tag, and im SURE he did that to get more def, and to whore himself to a good rank
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2009, 11:19   #376
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
as said above, many of the BG players have fought hard against asc in recent history and are not afraid to do it again...the circumstances at this time though mean that another failed 'super ally' attempt to bring down asc 1v1 would be a waste of time.
As part of a smaller defensive pool, they can be made to think of other options very very quickly indeed. As I've said consistently from the start of the round - this round rewards swamping your opponent and not much else. These are the worst set of stats i've possibly encountered and unfortunately, this is the nature of the situation whether we like it or our opposition likes it or not.

Quote:
it was stated many times by BG members pre-round that joining whatever little ally they did was in their eyes the only viable option at this time...i for one felt this way and still felt like it was the right decision.
I have no stated objection to these BGs per se - I think they have the potential to grow into large viable alliances that can win rounds. If people want to join a BG, that's up to them.

Quote:
the idea that people joined BG's for personal gain when ascendancy looked set to dominate is quite insulting. especially given the exodus of people from anti-asc alliances who have shipjumped into asc over recent rounds for better protection or because they got roided. are you saying people like reese and eksero (who have played against asc in the past) deserve more respect for jumping on the ascendancy ship (which has just won 3 times in a row) than people who refused the opportunity to play in asc in order to join a small ally which never had any shot of winning and was likely to get bashed from the start of the round?
Joining a BG does not imply you're up for being part of an alliance to challenge Ascendancy. LDK jin contrast joined xVx as they were the only alliance that would take them in whole (I wanted different but Ascendancy's structure does not permit this). I think it's a fair assumption that actually your personal aims lie far above any ambition to achieve anything of note in the alliance arena. As for people leaving Ascendancy, I don't feel they need any special praise or condemnation or whatever. People make their own choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Spending a round in DLR myself, putting these exact questions forward to DLR members, I found out different findings. Also I have witnessed first hand, decent def being coordinated from Grog to none DLR members on several occasions. Firstly when I had Byrney ingal he received huge amounts of def, why? because he worked for the alliance of ND, he wasn't DLR at the time and had never been DLR at this particular moment. DLR members may hold fleets, not though, for other DLR members, but for Grog (there main DC)to send fairly to members who have contributed the most to ND at the time. Selfish DC's have been a problem from where I'm standing in ND throughout rounds and if Grog was aware of this, he would simply send defence to who he thought deserved it the most rather then sending def to ND DC's who just wanted to claim loads for themselves etc. Also from my first hand experiences Grog is a damn fair DC, those who question otherwise should be shot as far as I'm concerned. So Lokken I'd prefer you to actually ask Stein/Gate or Grog himself about DLR def to ND planets for a fairer more balanced opinion, then the rubbish you've just come out with.
We are talking about a period where I was reasonably senior in ND, providing advice to the high command and had access to HC channels and the like. This is not about how DLR behaved within themselves, but within another alliance and this is the exact parallel I was making for LDK. Crab has been in ND a long time and has pretty much come to the same conclusion. It's stunning how these players would be among the first to take defence off your average ND member then suddenly go idle when someone outside DLR needed help if one of their own was expecting inbound. LDK will deliver huge benefits to xVx, but when it comes to the crunch, they'll always help themselves over other xVx, much like DLR did once. They have a similar (in fact probably greater) level of solidarity.
Unread 22 May 2009, 11:59   #377
izverg
Banned

izverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
LDK will deliver huge benefits to xVx, but when it comes to the crunch, they'll always help themselves over other xVx, much like DLR did once. They have a similar (in fact probably greater) level of solidarity.
I dont think u should speak something on behalf of LDK, or at least small peace of it, which operates in game now. I agree Liths have big solidarity between them, but if woodcutter comes to cut a tree on the branch u sitting, we would not try to save a branch, we would try to safe a tree, at least common sense dictates it
izverg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2009, 12:05   #378
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Dear god, I have been off the forums for two days and I have lost track of this thread totally cba to read it all. Here is what I think:

If JBG had spent as much time organizing def for Asc as he does on the forums, Asc would have more roids!

Good weekend to you all!

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2009, 12:08   #379
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and...

Quote:
Oh man really? I'll have to delay my decision over whether or not to tell cardi I'll guarantee xVx finish #1 in exchange for them hitting a BG with us every night until it disbands then!
Please dont pick Insomnia :/ We have disbanded so many times...Its not even funny anymore

Retired
Unread 22 May 2009, 12:34   #380
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
Oh and...

Please dont pick Insomnia :/ We have disbanded so many times...Its not even funny anymore
just don't hit sebos...we are flagshipping him

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2009, 12:36   #381
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
just don't hit sebos...we are flagshipping him
We are??

Nobody ever tells me a goddamn thing

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2009, 12:39   #382
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
We are??

Nobody ever tells me a goddamn thing
you didn't get the memo?

Unread 22 May 2009, 12:43   #383
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you didn't get the memo?
We send memo's now?
I thought we only send ingame mails to members with the f-word in it which gets you warned

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 22 May 2009, 12:45   #384
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
We send memo's now?
I thought we only send ingame mails to members with the f-word in it which gets you warned
fiery explained that the reason remy warned me was not the abusive language, but merely his hair envy :P he clearly wishes he had my hair

also, we were going to flagship jonas, but we realised theres only so much you can do to help a lost cause =]

Unread 22 May 2009, 15:40   #385
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
fiery explained that the reason remy warned me was not the abusive language, but merely his hair envy :P he clearly wishes he had my hair

also, we were going to flagship jonas, but we realised theres only so much you can do to help a lost cause =]
Sebos > Jonas

Best use of our resources atm is to flagship Sebos!

Unread 22 May 2009, 15:51   #386
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Wow, a half a page about Insomnia and how they dont use memo's. I think its time to close this thread now.
Unread 22 May 2009, 15:55   #387
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Mek: go here.
Veedeejem!: go here.
Kargool: go here.

Thank you.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2009, 16:01   #388
Mek
InSomniac

wow, the NHS must be really busy with all the sense of humour bypasses they have had to perform on members of the PA community of late.

and kargool, 4 posts out of the 36 posts on the page (when you replied) does not equal 50%

Last edited by Mek; 22 May 2009 at 16:09.
Unread 22 May 2009, 16:14   #389
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
If JBG had spent as much time organizing def for Asc as he does on the forums, Asc would have more roids!
Pre-round I decided annihilating everyone every round was getting a bit tedious for me personally so as such I don't really do anything in terms of bcing/dcing this round.
Unread 22 May 2009, 16:50   #390
Pt-

Pt- has a spectacular aura aboutPt- has a spectacular aura about

Oh, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when people compare ROCK to Asc in terms of big and greatness. Keep it up!
Pt- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2009, 17:00   #391
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Quote:
Pre-round I decided annihilating everyone every round was getting a bit tedious for me personally so as such I don't really do anything in terms of bcing/dcing this round.
Which was my point. Apparently you were(are) the one holding Asc together.

Retired
Unread 22 May 2009, 17:04   #392
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Which was my point. Apparently you were(are) the one holding Asc together.
Yeah man without me all it took was a 400 man block hitting us for a week to take us off #1...
Unread 22 May 2009, 17:44   #393
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Quote:
Yeah man without me all it took was a 400 man block hitting us for a week to take us off #1...
Arent you glad the game is split in all these small Bg's so you can make claims like this
Unread 22 May 2009, 17:47   #394
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Arent you glad the game is split in all these small Bg's so you can make claims like this
After comprehensively defeating pretty much everyone in those bgs pretty much single-handedly over the last few rounds....wait sorry I got distracted by the sound of my own awesomeness there, what were you saying?
Unread 22 May 2009, 17:51   #395
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt- View Post
Oh, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when people compare ROCK to Asc in terms of big and greatness. Keep it up!
Sorry no, this was a troll. Please try again - Lok

Last edited by lokken; 22 May 2009 at 17:58.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2009, 17:57   #396
Shhhhhhh

Quote:
After comprehensively defeating pretty much everyone in those bgs pretty much single-handedly over the last few rounds....wait sorry I got distracted by the sound of my own awesomeness there, what were you saying?
That you're obviously very modest.
But I guess someone as great and smart as you would have already realized what i meant, but I'll explain it for the lesser beings (non asc)

Since this round there are a ton of bg's and only a handful of full alliances, to get you out of that nr1 spot you had to drop quite a lot of score, had a few of the bg's merged it wouldnt have taken nearly as long.
Ofc if they had been merged, politics might have looked different, but you get the idea.
Unread 22 May 2009, 17:57   #397
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
Whether that was sarcasm or not I LOL at it both times. Nice to see how easily rock can be lead on "fighting for the underdog" who has been coming first in recent rounds or was it the mention in the EORC that keeps you on your knees BJ'n asc
For several rounds now ROCK has been the only alliance willing to engage in long term agreements with Ascendancy. I for one applaud them for sticking with us even when the going gets tough. But granted, I suppose they could follow your example and bravely join a 300+ man block.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 22 May 2009, 18:02   #398
Shhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
For several rounds now ROCK has been the only alliance willing to engage in long term agreements with Ascendancy. I for one applaud them for sticking with us even when the going gets tough. But granted, I suppose they could follow your example and bravely join a 300+ man block.
Didnt Asc win the last few rounds? Are you really praising them for having the guts to stay allied to the winning alliance?
Unread 22 May 2009, 18:20   #399
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Yes, yes I am.
Unread 22 May 2009, 18:42   #400
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
He actually makes a valid point. Rock napped Ascendancy when they were at the peak of their dominance this round. So what is the relevance of referring to the CURRENT sandmans besides trying to look like a smart dick?

That being said, I do admire Rock for consistently being friendly with allies who can't find any other friends (<3 from Denial r29).