User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Oct 2006, 02:52   #1
Error

Error is just really niceError is just really niceError is just really niceError is just really niceError is just really nice
Free Account Ranking

Pretty Much as the topic says, I pay to play but for the people who dont heres some possible Suggestions.

1)Another Ranking Screen comprising of the top 10 players who have not upgraded their account, lets be fair non upgraded accouts struggle to compete with the majorety of paying players. Im sure it would be nice to see if they were in the top 10 of non-upgraded accountss.

2) Maybe a free credit for the best non paying account this might nopt be such a good idea but it may introduce some rivallry inbetween the non paying accounts.

All in all these ideas are just trying to help retention of current non paying PA players and hopefully make them want to upgrade.

Your ideas on this would be nice

Proud to have been ND
Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 02:53   #2
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of
Re: Free Account Ranking

Nice ideas !
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 14:09   #3
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

I doubt this will be implemented since it doesn't stimulate players into upgrading their account, quite the contrary in fact. Since this is a game where a company tries to earn some money, stimulation of not paying won't happen I assume.
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 12:20   #4
MEX

MEX will become famous soon enoughMEX will become famous soon enough

It might result in alliances paying to upgrade TOP players with free unpaid accounts, which might lead to added revenues for the company running PA

One problem is that it is a disadvantage for a top player if someone knows that he is using only a free unpaid account, so it should be possible to turn ON a flag in the PREFERENCES which shows that you are a free unpaid acccount in the Top100 planets, which should be turned OFF by default.

MfG, MEX
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 21:49   #5
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEX
One problem is that it is a disadvantage for a top player if someone knows that he is using only a free unpaid account, so it should be possible to turn ON a flag in the PREFERENCES which shows that you are a free unpaid acccount in the Top100 planets, which should be turned OFF by default.
Two things; one, i dont think the original poster actually had this in mind; s/he wanted a new Top 10 created which held ONLY unpaid accounts. This is perhaps due to the next point, whereby unpaid accounts hit their 300 maximum roid limit very early (remember, after Protection ends most people have ~200) and thus can quickly loose their competitive edge and fall back in the rankings suddenly; thus, after say a week into the round i doubt that there would be any top 100 players who were on free accounts.

I can see some merit with this suggestion insofar as giving free accounts the incentive to pay, however i'm not quite so sure that this is the best way to go about it. Its a well known fact that whenever there is a list of any sort, it is human nature to try and reach the top of it; whether the list is for top academic students, or the nation;s most wanted. Thus, players who would be good enough to do ok to well in the 'paid universe', choose deliberately to stay free and thus reach the top 10 or #1 in the free accounts just to brag that they came #1 in PA in x round, might actually be detrimental to revenues (which was not the intention of the proposal).
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 22:48   #6
Death666
Im Back :)

Death666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these parts

Nope...i always try to come last

RD13 - IRON|APA
RD14 - APA
RD15 - InSomnia|Violent Saints HC
RD19 - Subh|ROCK
RD20 - Insurrection|Solo
RD21 - LOST|Subh
RD22 - Subh DC
RD30 - Redemption
Death666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 01:51   #7
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

free accout are just for tryouts and slackers who dont want to pay they are not supposed to do good enough to be in some rankings but with all this xp whoring its doable i guess
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 02:05   #8
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
free accout are just for tryouts and slackers who dont want to pay they are not supposed to do good enough to be in some rankings but with all this xp whoring its doable i guess
It was even possible last round when I screwed over subh ;-P