User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 16 Dec 2003, 20:25   #1
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough
What do you enjoy about planetarion?

Instead of asking what you dont like about Planetarion, this is an open question to anyone out there to have their say about what they LIKE/LIKED about Planetarion. Please dont post one thing only, please post what you liked and perhaps why or a situation that comes to mind, which you enjoy. i.e Ship types, combat, gfx, marketing, sugestions you read by never implimented etc..

I stress, this is NOT about what you hated about Planetarion and I would appreciate if people didnt knock or instult what other people like about Planetarion. Remember we are individuals and as such have individual likes/dislikes. Bearing this in mind, we should in theroy end up with a positive thread on the forums, which could be a first for months!!!

Last edited by Zeus; 16 Dec 2003 at 20:31.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 20:45   #2
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: What do you enjoy about planetarion?

Feel the love <3.

I first started playing PA because it was the latest craze at my school, at least 15 people in my class played. In fact there was a full galaxy full of people i knew in real life, unfortunately i didnt end up in that though because i signed up late.

Anywho, as they slowly started dropping out of the game i was forced to start to get to mix with people in my galaxy and cluster. I downloaded IRC and started to learn how to use it. It wasnt the game play that made me stay, it was interacting with new people and making friends in gal, in cluster/parallel and in your alliance. In particular i enjoyed c/p alliances. Each new round you had to start over again making new friends and trying to work out who was from which side and make sure you didnt get ****ed over by politics, it was all part of the fun.

Races and all the technical stuff never bothered me, i didnt care if my ships were invisible or if they fired EMP, all i wanted was to be able to send them at someone, get a few hours kip, then wake up and see the battle report. If you attacked with friends it always made things more exciting as well. That doesnt seem to happen these days, everyone got too serious and stopped playing for the fun of it, or maybe i just lost the naievity that comes with being a n00b.

In conclusion, it was, is and always will be the community aspect of PA that makes it a great game to play. It didnt need great gameplay back in the early rounds and there is no reason why it should need it now, i wish PAteam would sometimes think about this more closely instead of unintentionally driving away the community by trying to improve the gameplay.
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 21:04   #3
randal
boring

randal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to all

i loved clusteralliances (which are the only way to get new people on irc -> more "involved" into the "community" etc. anyway)
and i liked the simplicity of it...
and i liked scanning everyone and have a look at all those big and decisive battles etc..

they took it all :/
randal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 21:17   #4
I'm Not Grimble
dennaB

I'm Not Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point

I liked the fact that I could buy Oreo a pint and get a planet in return. Bring back Oreo. kthnx
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 21:18   #5
Backbone
The one and only

Backbone is an unknown quantity at this point

I liked it when people did not take the game too serious. There is nothing wrong with power-play, I did it myself in r4 but I had FUN because there was always someone I could attack!

and the stats being pretty unbalanced was fun too, you could build just 2 or 3 ship types and win. No matter you could throw away like 1/3 of the whole game, it was easy to learn and play, newbie-friendly and pretty much suicidical

10 times mightier than 2001
Backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 22:02   #6
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I liked the huge universe size r3-4, the unique ships for each race, the way combat worked with initiatives, etc, and that there were special ships for capturing asteroids.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 22:09   #7
the_angry_angel
Supreme Moron

the_angry_angel is an unknown quantity at this point

the size of the universe, the diversity of the players, and most of all the community.
the_angry_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 22:46   #8
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Fury. The drive in fighting for your alliance with unrelenting zelous.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 23:57   #9
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

I liked the small things. Making silly attackers flee. Getting home and ordering 1 more ship every day. Harassing the HC on IRC. the list goes on. But PA is also like an addiction. You can try, but have to try REALLY HARD to make it go away.

PLZ.. MAKE IT STOP!!!
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 01:58   #10
WWToo

WWToo is an unknown quantity at this point

Its the ppl ofc. The game exists to provide a common purpose amongst a gal or alliance, a topic of conversation while you are getting to know each other and a sense of achievement when you work out the perfect fleet for a particular target or when you fend off consecutive waves of attackers with the help of your friends.
Oh, and since I like my sleep, I'm rather fond of the auto-launch thingy also.
WWToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 02:24   #11
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Fury. The drive in fighting for your alliance with unrelenting zelous.
Fighting against people like you. With unrelenting zeal.

Oh, and the people I was fighting with/for.

And taking roids. Mmmmm roids.

And killing ships. Lots of ships*.

And AD.

* This was outright rare after r3, which is a pity, because it was part of what drew me in. After all, trying to cap lots of roids in c173 wasn't exactly a healthy exercise.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 03:13   #12
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned

And AD.

I nearly forgot!

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 04:28   #13
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

the community, the people, and meeting a whole bunch of jolly europeans.

I liked the game before round 10.. i just wished that we didnt have to worry about money so much.. and we could be a charity game.

I loved the scans, the team work, and i thought that revolt although pointless was fun.

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 07:39   #14
Queen DAX

Queen DAX is an unknown quantity at this point

i liked the early rounds when we had the mass players, Roids were cheaper to gain. I like the communty that surrounded the game (pre mass cheating) and i loved the cargo ship DDD
<Degrees> roses are red violets are blue if you dont love me ill really spew <-- like that kr ?<KR|pennance> The time is right. Let's get to it. If we dont get hitched, to this relationship I'm gonna say screw it
Queen DAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 07:55   #15
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

people who were against evolution. period.
I am Idler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 09:44   #16
Hexy

Hexy is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive already said it is all about the community. Without working together to support each other then there wouldnt be a game at all. oh and the ever popular (: and nqp. Rd 3 4 and even yes 5. Trying to understand wtf Christmas soda is. and of course you zeus .
Hexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 10:55   #17
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexy
Ive already said it is all about the community. Without working together to support each other then there wouldnt be a game at all. oh and the ever popular (: and nqp. Rd 3 4 and even yes 5. Trying to understand wtf Christmas soda is. and of course you zeus .
rd 5 was never popular
I am Idler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 12:01   #18
Hexy

Hexy is an unknown quantity at this point

was the beginning of the end and for me it was very entertaining the way Legion thought they were untouchable. Proved that wrong. so for myself because I was speaking for myself Idler.... I did enjoy it... til of course rules changed mid round etc blah blah blah...

~the end
Hexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2003, 06:03   #19
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

oh, i just remembered my favorite think about PA is being able to play (cyborly OFC) with Meaples nipple.

But other than that...the minister positions and the great deal of wanking-talk that went on in the IRC chat rooms.

Send fake attacks was one of the best parts for me, becuase its something that i couldnt screw up on, untill i forgot to wake up ;-).

Glory glory

Unread 20 Dec 2003, 06:05   #20
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Quote :
"people who were against evolution. period."

That there is a sexy comment. I dont know who made it, but that is the best. with the period empasis.

Unread 20 Dec 2003, 08:06   #21
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Rd 2 thieves!
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2003, 10:33   #22
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

I like being in c20+ and p0wing much people.
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2003, 13:14   #23
Richie987
Mistress's fluffer

Richie987 can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_angry_angel
the size of the universe, the diversity of the players, and most of all the community.
Alas i agree with every point as rounds 3/4/5 were fantastic and i loved those days with a passion as there were cluster allianes galore, many alliances about and that there was a chance of doing well because not everyone who played was taking it seriously. Pity the community is almost gone
Ah the old days....

#1 Galaxy Winner
#1 ********** Galaxy winner
Top 15 ********** planet
Richie987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2003, 13:33   #24
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

well what i do enjoy atm is the community.. or atleast my sweet lil ally and from the game itself i like the 1 tick combat things.. though its sometimes quite annoying when dc'ing as you only have like 50 mins max to cover a call but still its fun =).

Other then that i like the current all ships cap roids thingie.. and kill ability though the annoying thing there is that we lack EMP (good old cathaar) to lower losses on def side and that can be quite frustrating in big battles... but still its opens alot more options as all classes attacking need to be covered instead of just finding enough ships to kill the pods.

and i like the current research/construction path (though it might be nice to have it a tad more complicated and that different paths can be chosen as suggested on the PS several times). Its a fairly nice game after all =)
Unread 20 Dec 2003, 14:13   #25
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

the sadism
Unread 20 Dec 2003, 16:17   #26
Ashknight
Buried under JJ's Patio

Ashknight is a jewel in the roughAshknight is a jewel in the roughAshknight is a jewel in the roughAshknight is a jewel in the rough

I loved the community that went with the game, being part of some of the smaller alliances meant you met up with some great people, and no matter how many times your planet got totalled you could quite easily rebuild and start afresh.

Maybe those days will return who knows

A long term peon

<Mushroom> put it in slowly, bit by bit KaneED
<KaneED> i like it all in at once though
Ashknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2003, 18:48   #27
ElAlan
Muppet

ElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of light

My favourite part of planetarion was the big organised attacks and battles, and mainly my own part in defending against them in r9. I loved getting def calls that round, having control of over a million ships and being able to put them where i liked, and poeple trusted me to do so. To be fair it was an easy round to be a BC in LCH-ToT and sometimes i wished for a little more action, but i had fuin all the same.

Other likes include the cathaar race, i was cathaar last 3 rounds and they provided the best defence ships ever, and also the alliance rivalry in the game, sometimes it can get out of hand but ultimately its what makes it fun...most of the time

Retired.
ElAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2003, 19:01   #28
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned

ZEAL! That's the word I was looking for!

Thanks darling, I do love being the bad guy.

Want to Feel my Fury?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2003, 21:06   #29
Merlin
Wizard

Merlin is on a distinguished road

When I started round 2 and got bashed to death I loved the whole damned game, the people and PA crew too. I got allied, I got friends around the world.......The game was good and required a lot of time that I always thought was worth every minute. If I could take PA back to those days before the crash and the sale I would.
And thats what I still love about the game. Except most of it is now gone.

We need Spinner Fudge Zeus Oreo & Vish.
and we need OUR Planetarion back !
:Gandalf:
Unread 21 Dec 2003, 17:17   #30
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

I used to love the fact that it was essentially a microcosm of the real world. It gave you a chance to play warlord, and bash someone into oblivion, but it had the personal interactions, the politics, also, and if you messed up, then you got bashed into oblivion. It was a fine wire that you had to walk to do well, mess up, and you had to climb back to the wire and start walking it again.

And, of course, I loved the community and the friends I made through it, and the beer at i-events.

I liked all the things that PAX took away.
Unread 21 Dec 2003, 17:44   #31
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

With lots of players, let the game handle itself and we'll have fun somehow with the community, alliances, banter and AD.

r2 - r4 might said to be PA at its peak, r5 was lameness personified, while r6 although it had an excellent standard of play was all about alliance warfare than anything else. Newbies haven't stood a chance since r5, and that's bad, because it meant that the Fury/Legion/Xanadu cartel on this game couldn't ever really be smashed out of existence (some might argue it still exists now).

PA needed to help newbies and get new players in more actively as the game went on, and really failed to do that.
Unread 22 Dec 2003, 13:07   #32
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough

It has to be the community aspect. When there were sooooo many planets and also alot of smaller alliances who could ahve their mini wars without one of the bigger alliances stepping in a spoiling the party. I enjoyed the fun in an active galaxy channel. The sms messages at ridiculous times of the night/morning to alert me of incomings. The nasty goings on in p2 in round 4. pr0nstars in round 7...........awww great times

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2003, 13:29   #33
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

I like the way tards from all over the world can come to one place and control make believe planets and attack each other with make believe ships.

I like the way children are put in charge and pretend to be like adults running something important but end up acting like children.

I especially like all the bitching that goes along with it and the massive egos it creates.

I like the way Spinner gave several years of his life dedicated to Planetarion only to be forced to sell out for pittance.

I like the way he came back to wish everyone a merry christmas when really I bet he is seething.

I like the way the forums were turned from a busy, fun place to come visit daily to an internet graveyard .

I like the way promises and deadlines were always broken and never met.

I liked the ACK! page!

But most of all, I like the way Jolt are running this game into the ground.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 21:23   #34
MaxSteel

the community...both on forums and irc (i am a long time forum lurker ;P)
the diversity (people from all over the world)

what i loved about the old times...
cutting class once in a while to sit in the library and watch the galaxy status light up red and green...
knowing my gal mates in person...
waking up a 3am to check how an attack went...
waking up a 3:59am to send out shippies...
the old science/war before the races....

and most of all...
ROUND 4!!!!!
Unread 27 Dec 2003, 02:17   #35
Mitre
Xanadu...

Mitre is an unknown quantity at this point

I miss "planetarion"
Unread 27 Dec 2003, 13:26   #36
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

I like meeting new people, PA is/was good for that.

The unrestrained efforts for a vocal few on the AD boards, those propagandar wars rocked.

The murky world of cluster politics

R2 Theives.

Doing really really well for the first 200 ticks then getting waved to kingdom come, and finishing ias good as last...'There's always next round!'

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 01:21   #37
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough

1. I liked being able to grow in score in round 2 despite getting my roids stolen all the time.
This was possible due to 2 things.
a. The separate income, movement and combat ticks which allowed fleets to 'hover', ie land at base and then be ordered to leave and then return right after combat.
b. The thieves and pirates that allowed even a tiny planet that coudn't protect his roids to grow in score by defending himself or his friends and stealing ships.

2. I liked being able to gain resources by killing attackers in round 4 with salvage. Especially when a whole galaxy named themselves fanta and had 80% of their planets send all they had at me.

3. I liked recieving 50-150 applications for joining my galaxiy in round 4-6 and putting together a good mix.

4. I liked using my nick as ruler name several rounds contrary to advice from others and still doing ok.

5. I liked getting Pepsi to #1 in round 4 after the 8-waver on T&P.

6. I liked the public tags in round 2.

7. I liked the straight 10% roidgain in r2.

8. I liked sending pods to friends and galmates when they were under attack by bashers in r2 and r3.

9. I liked being a betatester, debating changes on betaboards. Especially I liked when my suggestions were implemented.

10. I like that none of the things I suggested that got implemented have recieved any negative criticism whatsoever.

whee, I managed 10 things without being negative
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 13:09   #38
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTester
I like the way children are put in charge and pretend to be like adults running something important but end up acting like children.
You just summed up most HC's
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 13:56   #39
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitre
I miss "planetarion"
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 22:31   #40
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Want to Feel my Fury?
Oh nos I don't.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2003, 11:49   #41
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

(bumping, but so what)

1. The community.

2. Going through the Galaxy screen one by one and seeing the banners, public alliance tags (in R2), etc.

3. My newbie alliance declaring war on some other alliance in R2. Hitting some of my friends gal mates in a inter-galaxy war business, and getting Rids to send 60k ships (more than our combined force at that point).

4. The desperate scramble for ships when there's a battle.

5. My R5 galaxy.

6. Getting into Fury in R4. Finishing top 20.

7. The mass player base in R3/R4. Even though half were cheats, who cared?

8. The simplicity of gameplay in R2 / R3.

9. My parallel alliance in R4 (p18 - Immolation).

10. The Alliance Discussion forum, before they split off PD.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2003, 12:35   #42
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Ministry and RYB

That's what I liked of PA

Ministry : If you can't win, you can still piss people off.
Unread 31 Dec 2003, 16:28   #43
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1) Getting attacked and gaining score, r2 thieves or r4 salvage.

2) Production orders which arrive the tick someone's roiding fleet does resulting in him losing every ship he has.

3) Taking roids off high-ranked gals who send 400k defence none of which targets my ships.

4) Deleting my gal's entire politics board in r7 and then spending the rest of the round attacking jboy.

5) Roiding my way up and then getting smashed by about twenty planets all launching on me seperately. And then roiding my way up and getting smas.......

6) Launching attacks at stupidly ridiculous times.
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 14:30   #44
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough

The endless stream of comedy.

The people sticking around when they've quit playing.
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 20:28   #45
WasaBi`

WasaBi` is an unknown quantity at this point

Heya, i used to play planetarion back in the old days when you didnt have to pay for it right back until you could only be Terran. Its annoying that you have to pay for it now but its understandable with such a huge amount of ppl playing. I always found that PA was just good because you didnt need to stress to much (unless you were being attacked by a huge fleet :s).
I will never forget its immensness and i might even start playing again.
\m/ PEACE OUT \m/

WasaBi`
WasaBi` is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 02:08   #46
Zither
Alcoholic

Zither is an unknown quantity at this point

Being a n00b starting at end of round 3, calcing my targets fleet and landing with pods and 10 frigs to kill his 1 frig in a tick so i did not lose anything.

Fighting with x16 in round 4, taking on the dominant p alliance and not giving up. imo prob the best group of 'non leet newbs' to have fought together.

Having a very emotional conversation with my early round 5 alliance about why i was leaving to join virus as a bc, then within a week having taken 20 of the best players from that alliance to virus (with so many of them having got officer positions in the top alliances and top 100 places since then i do wonder how tokra would have done if i had never quit)

recieving all the 'recall attack/defence' mails in round 5 when i was in a safe legion gal and a virus bc organising attacks on legion.

retaling a xan (believe it was ldk) gal in cluster during round 6 so that they kept a cluster nap all round.

having a enemy bc (rnd 6) ask me in cluster to hit him that tick so that he would lose his roids to me rather than a mutual enemy.

taking a random gal to top 100 in round 7, reading logs from fury command chans for when certain hc were ordering certain mo's to recall attacks from my gal.

(second time i ever reported someone, imagine my surprise when later i found out planet i reported had same owner as planet i reported in rnd 6)

In round 8 having a ldk guy in gal (all random gals that round) and proving he was a multi on first day of round (3rd planet reported in my time in pa, 3rd time never deleted)

10th highlight was the #tokra (now a dead chan) wind up on elysium, change of topic to make it look like an attack chan with most of target gals planets taken by 2-5 attackers each, add a key to chan then 'leak' it to ely. within about 5 mins ely hc were joining the chan threatening everyone in it, an afk ely person who always idled in the chan was kicked from ely (later reinstated) after an hc spoted his name in the topic. Probably the funiest 2 hours i have had on irc, its difficult to descripe it in words but it was done so well that ely totaly believed that a large group of 'n00bs' was going to mass one of its main gals, people in ely got up early to defend against the expected incomming, very good pa players using fake nicks were makeing very convincing cases for being power tripping n00bs.

<Ahriman> i didn't know they were shemales until i f*cked them...

If you can't win an argument without using insults you have lost the argument already
Zither is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 16:44   #47
Shakky
Divine

Shakky is an unknown quantity at this point

I LOVED BEING A N00B WITH MY N00B FRIENDS

loved the comunity of r7.Elysium and r5 NFU and Eclipse

r3 and r4

Nosferatu
Silver
Elysium
RaH
Eclipse
Shakky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 03:29   #48
reznor
DropDead

reznor is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: What do you enjoy about planetarion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zither

retaling a xan (believe it was ldk) gal in cluster during round 6 so that they kept a cluster nap all round.
I guess you're the one from c37:1 of rnd 6 the most feared (legion or JOV) gal of c37 that we gave surprised cluster attack.... and we're not ldk gal but yes xan gal [JLB] 37:7...with the help of our sis gal headed by my bro Cocteau and some friends from xan (34:14)...and we even saw your gal banner threat after the roid party.... I remember also that xtothez (37:8) who set-up our cluster chan....hehe sorry....

But my fave round was rnd 5 (25:8) where we are in the cluster of dominating XXV and with T&P and M&S gal which I guess has a personal war on us 'coz almost everyday we had a cluster attack (either from 25:6 or 25:20) even our ratio was too bad to attack.... maybe we're the only resistance of that cluster...and the time that we got the help from Xan friend (Corzi (21:13).)...A worthwhile round fighting for even without sleep.... and not to mention the very simple ship stat & the classic war frigate... also the PA tools (sandman)

It was the community & the dedicated quality players (competent HC's & officers of all respectable alliance) of PA who made it interesting to me...but of course the genius creators of PA.... It feels so real battle when you get in there.... live human battle across the nation and you can even feel the tremors of the fleet (eta) while travelling the universe and sometimes nerve-racking if you're under attack...Now we're all retired players...still missing the magic of planetarion ace players...PA Celebes...interesting ship stat...formulas......

some memoir : rnd 5
http://www.geocities.com/mikee_r_s/galaxy_news1.html (The Triangle 10:13:3) <-- Sid

reznor
mikee of nineinchnails

Last edited by reznor; 9 Jan 2004 at 03:14.
reznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 09:09   #49
Rember
Womble

Rember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura about

i like being rember
i like being vision
i like wasting my time
i like spending my time useless
i like to screw my rl
i like to chat around useless
i like to be sex0red by legator
i like to chat
i like to read forums
i like to wake up in the middle of the night while me mates think i'm nuts
i like planetarion
even if it's pax

I LIKE IT ALL
[12:17] <Gitchin> Rember your a womble!
[16:53] <SYMM> Rember your a womble! | [10:17:57] <Squidly> Rember, you're a womble
[19:28] <Filth> Rember your a womble! | [16:25] <remy|afk> Rember, you are a womble
[14:04] <Colt> Rember your a womble! | [16:22] <TVFreak> Rember U are a womble
[15:18] <Darkness> Rember U are a womble | [15:21] <Xerm|away> Rember U are a womble
[13:39:44] <illmatics> Rember your a womble
Rember is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 10:21   #50
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rember
i like being rember
i like being vision
i like wasting my time
i like spending my time useless
i like to screw my rl
i like to chat around useless
i like to be sex0red by legator
i like to chat
i like to read forums
i like to wake up in the middle of the night while me mates think i'm nuts