User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 4 Jul 2003, 15:47   #1
deadmaster

deadmaster is on a distinguished road
Planetarion Improvement Proposition

Hello,

As you know Xandratrii have a few problems with too Crystal . .The only way to get rid of our crystals is to build Lyvidian Sentinels , comparing to other races, they can dump their crystal in better ships

Terrans : Pegasus : 1 Metal to 2 Crystals (costprice for one ship : 4000 Metals, 8000 Crystals)

Cathaar : Spider : 1250 Crystal

Zik : Clipper 5000 Metal; 9000 Crystal
Rogue 7500 Metal, 8500 Crystal
Pillager 11000Metal, 13000 Crystal

Xan : Lyvidan sentinels : 750 Metal, 1000 Crystal.

I just want to say : Xandrathii want to dump their crystals also in a few ships more. I totally understand that I then have to search for better targets and I also know the new round has formed weird roid ratio.

Last edited by deadmaster; 4 Jul 2003 at 21:35.
deadmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2003, 15:49   #2
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
it will be completely different for Round 10.
Unread 4 Jul 2003, 15:50   #3
deadmaster

deadmaster is on a distinguished road
ah shame...

lol, waste of my thread then
deadmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2003, 15:59   #4
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
You're lucky

I liked it a lot better when sentinel was a metal ship, and the only way for a xan to use C was Arrowheads, frigs and waves

there were much less sentinels in the universe then.
And this made xandathrii easier targets.
Unread 4 Jul 2003, 16:04   #5
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Sentinels are icky. If you're not a Xandrathii yourself
Unread 4 Jul 2003, 16:10   #6
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
The problem is necessarily the overabundance of sentinels, but rather, an overabundant fighter simply should not be able to target all shipclasses. The very notion is ridiculous.

A more reasonable solution would have been to make random firing 50% less effective than selected firing. Random, by definition, implies a lack of coordination or focus...so why, exactly, should random fire be as effective as firing on their primary or secondary targets? It shouldn't. The % chance to hit should be halved when firing randomly.

Though it's way too late for changes, this should have been done earlier.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2003, 16:10   #7
masochist

masochist is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Planetarion Improvement Proposition

Quote:
Originally posted by deadmaster
Hello,

As you know Xandratrii have a few problems with too Crystal . The only way to get rid of our crystals is to build Lyvidian Sentinels, comparing to other races, they can dump their crystal in better ships

Terrans : Pegasus : 1 Metal to 2 Crystals (costprice for one ship : 4000 Metals, 8000 Crystals)

Cathaar : Spider : 1250 Crystal

Zik : Clipper 5000 Metal; 9000 Crystal
Rogue 7500 Metal, 8500 Crystal
Pillager 11000Metal, 13000 Crystal

Xan : Lyvidan sentinels : 750 Metal, 1000 Crystal.

I just want to say : Xandrathii want to dump their crystals also in a few ships more. I totally understand that I then have to search for better targets and I also know the new round has formed weird roid ratio.
sent is one of the best ships. all xanblabla players got tons of sents.
nqp...
0 pods; I never attack.
masochist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2003, 17:39   #8
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
As already said, it won't matter for next round anyway.

And the only Xan's that ever complain about having too much crystal usually have a scan planet and don't need to build scans.

Xan is probably the most level race if everyone built scans, as Cathaar*, Terrans and Zikonian would have too much metal. But they don't. Hence all the moaning.

* Especially Cath, as they have no pure Metal ships.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2003, 17:40   #9
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The Lyvidian Sentinel isn't such a great ship in itself, statwise.

What makes it great is that it's 1) a low-ETA Fighter which targets all classes of ships, and 2) very easy to build in very large numbers due to it's primary Crystal-based cost, without having to stop building other ships.

Which means at least for Terrans that they are now essentially facing twice the fleet they were up against when the Lyvidian Sentinel still had a Metal-based cost.
Unread 5 Jul 2003, 02:36   #10
Hunter RAF

Hunter RAF is an unknown quantity at this point
The other option is picking a better target and having more m roids to make up for the lack of m ? lol