User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 May 2003, 23:40   #101
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
Just to add my little two pence in, I would have allied WP with Xanadu at the end of round4 if I had my way!

tehehehe
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 00:01   #102
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
Then not legion, NoS. At least those two bothered to fight. And WP werent exactly much of a force then, so claiming to win a war against them isnt much kop. I dont remember CpV claiming success in round 3 because they overran SL :P

NoS were part of the Vts/Xan/NoS triad, then they left, and kept a nap with Xan. Then there was a brief nap or alliance with WP, wasnt there? Understandable, because both were fighting the triad. I hardly see how they switched sides too many times. It would have been a lot more conveniant if they had remained in the triad for the duration of the round yes, but still.

Believe me, im not a great legion fan, My parallel did more to help me than Legion ever did in my entire stay. But at least Legion and NoS tried to fight, whereas Xan just sat in the middle, no help whatsoever. There was no point in Xan and Legion having any sort of an agreement, as from very early on everyone knew it was going to be broken, and considering the only person that could possibly hurt legion was nos, and xan couldnt/wouldnt defend against them, Xan were pointless.

And i dont know very well Scorpio, but you are / were an alliance HC, i presume you are smarter than resorting to the Jolt/DF3 "lol you just dont get it" method of debate, eh? Its not very smart, or helpful
1. During round 4, WP was the best opponent we had. A hard nut to crack. I don't like admitting it, but we never cracked their shell really . Still by far the best opponent I've had.

2. From Legion's perspective: NoS left triad for WP, NoS left WP for VeX, NoS left to fight Legion.

3. NoS left the triad because of some problems with Legion. However, Xanadu never had those problems with NoS. So we kept our agreement with NoS. We didn't mess it up, it was a problem between Legion and NoS. No need for us to interfere with that. Makes sense, doesn't it?
Our (publicly known) goal was to make it a "Fury won't own" round, and we accomplished that goal. Only WP kept bothering us.
While WP/Tuba/Fury/Legion/Elysium went against NoS/Cell. We kept launching against WTF. "Determination". And yes, we also had incoming during that 'war'.
However, based on our (read: Atul's & mine) opinion of Legion's performance etc throughout the round we did not actively side with Legion in their struggle against NoS. And be honest, 6 vs 2 wouldn't have been fair at all (I'm not saying that 5 vs 2 was though.)

4. I know. But we've been through this like half a milion times already . Getting a bit tired of it you see

PS Torz... Not likely to have happened with BD in charge (from Xanadu's perspective). The rest was quite ok though

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 00:22   #103
Valle
Fakey

Valle is an unknown quantity at this point
Scorpio was very timid. He always looked at his shadow, until one day, he decided to look away. He walked up a hill. - SCORPIO

(The Stellazzio Story)

#spacehamsters

<Oreo-> Valle: GÅ Å LEGG DEG!!
Valle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 02:31   #104
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
Xanadu needs to focus on enemies that isn't down yet.

We don't wanna ride the spontaneous political decision mid round thingy by siding against someone we don't have a grudge with.

Xanadu stick to their allies the whole round, except for individual occasions against an ally, which isn't alliance authed. We kept an alliance/nap to whoever alliance we have an agreement from day one up to the last tick, but we can't deny there are friendly fires with one from time to time but the bulk of the ships are still focussed in one direction.

And as the r0cking r4 Scorpio said, We hit the same 3 alliance we hit from day one up to the last tick as well, some will disagree to this for individual occasions.
Unread 21 May 2003, 14:04   #105
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpio
'heh' ... Legion win r4 L O L
Xanadu did not win round 4 by themselves at all. They were the best alliance of the round but they wern't super gods.

Legion were a lot better after the Dominian members joined their ranks.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 15:02   #106
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Xanadu did not win round 4 by themselves at all. They were the best alliance of the round but they wern't super gods.

Scouse, be a nice boy and dont ruin Scorpios "XANDADU WAS SO UBER1337 in R4 and COULD HAVE WON BY THEMSELFS REALLY"..
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 15:29   #107
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov
Scouse, be a nice boy and dont ruin Scorpios "XANDADU WAS SO UBER1337 in R4 and COULD HAVE WON BY THEMSELFS REALLY"..
deja vue here ...

guess when you tits claim it it's ok, but ohhh nooooo someone else does it aswell

naughty them !!!

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 16:04   #108
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

oh, I never said we (could have) won it on our own.
But saying Legion won is a bit farfetched though

Edit:
I assume you didn't make the comparison with 'gods' intentionally, did you?

— Scorpio
Unread 21 May 2003, 18:33   #109
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

VeX won in r4. Not Legion, nor Xanadu.

To Kjeldoran, Titans/LDK won r8, with Virus and a few other coming behind.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 22 May 2003, 10:23   #110
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
VeX won in r4. Not Legion, nor Xanadu.

To Kjeldoran, Titans/LDK won r8, with Virus and a few other coming behind.
odd ins't it, VeX was a block, but tits/ldk/virus wasn't ...

nope you're right, you were noble fighters goin solo ...

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 10:27   #111
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
now lets just all shut up, most of you are dull as **** anyway
Unread 22 May 2003, 10:49   #112
revolv3r
:|

revolv3r is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
now lets just all shut up, most of you are dull as **** anyway
Agreed!
Unread 22 May 2003, 14:20   #113
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I assume you didn't make the comparison with 'gods' intentionally, did you?
Correct, Scorpio. I never was in Gods anyway.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 15:27   #114
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Quote:
I never was in Gods anyway.
oh. Thought you were

— Scorpio
Unread 23 May 2003, 14:15   #115
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Olrik
hmmm looking at the current xan chans all founders are online :P
I seriously doubt that Addict and Gin are online
Unread 23 May 2003, 14:31   #116
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
If Xanadu comes back, it will definately not be a fake. But with a proven formula, and with some good old core players. There's plenty of them around who would instantly leave their current alliance(s) to join Xanadu
If it's a Xanadu that doesn't powerblock, count me in.
Unread 23 May 2003, 14:33   #117
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Chax

seconded

I am bored lately
Unread 23 May 2003, 16:08   #118
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Quote:
I seriously doubt that Addict and Gin are online
addict's not been that much of a founder
But gin (vipster) is online quite alot actually.

Quote:
imho Xanadu has always been a powerblock in itself

— Scorpio
Unread 23 May 2003, 20:43   #119
niwaie
Spirit of Xanadu

niwaie is an unknown quantity at this point
NOT NOW! I HAVE A RL NOW FFS!!

\o/
niwaie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2003, 06:02   #120
Dingo
God

Dingo has a spectacular aura aboutDingo has a spectacular aura about
This is getting extremely off topic now, but may as well throw my 2 cents worth in.

Relating to Xanadu, I feel their time has well and truly passed. With so many wings, they always were like a power block alone, which was not beneficial to the game. They certainly couldn't ever claim to win a round as they were never alone.

The talk relating to round 4 is amusing as always. NoS did what was needed for round 4, and VeX did not win the round as VeX was a block, not an alliance. Blocks should never be declared winners as they don't deserve it.
Unread 25 May 2003, 06:47   #121
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dingo
Blocks should never be declared winners as they don't deserve it.

there's nothing to declare about winning.
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 12:26   #122
-CP-
SHW

-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough
Re: xanadu - yes - no - maybe

Quote:
Originally posted by Thekar
[23:36] [23:36] * Topic is 'EVE announcement: [url]
I must admit.. to me EVE was a massive dissapointment..
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

SHW, ReBorn, Wolfpack, NoS, Eclipse, Ascendancy
-CP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 12:27   #123
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Re: Re: xanadu - yes - no - maybe

Quote:
Originally posted by -CP-

seconded

that's why I am back home now again
Unread 30 May 2003, 16:11   #124
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Re: Re: Re: xanadu - yes - no - maybe

Quote:
seconded

Welcome back

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 18:52   #125
niwaie
Spirit of Xanadu

niwaie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: xanadu - yes - no - maybe

Quote:
seconded

\o/
niwaie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 04:27   #126
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
if you were playing eve... you'd understand why most of xan won't becomming back as a unit.

/me wonders off back to tranqulity server.

-Necro
Unread 31 May 2003, 04:43   #127
reznor
DropDead

reznor is an unknown quantity at this point
plz not the same name....

and yes...come back the real one...
Unread 31 May 2003, 11:01   #128
Mitre
Xanadu...

Mitre is an unknown quantity at this point
Dont think anyone really would be surpriced if Xanadu came back to planetarion tho Or ?
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 16:45   #129
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Grim? Sastul? NTRabbit? etc.
Arguably the major cogs in the Xanadu Engine and... well...
These are all busy with eve i thought....
-Necro
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 17:32   #130
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Quote:
Originally posted by Teh_Necro
Grim? Sastul? NTRabbit? etc.
Arguably the major cogs in the Xanadu Engine and... well...
These are all busy with eve i thought....
-Necro
not entirely true

Rabbit was only a BC (sort of), he was good, but not irreplacible.
Grim and Sastul were already 'set aside'

zip > *

— Scorpio
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 18:16   #131
Lord_Olrik
PiaZava's Son

Lord_Olrik is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

zip > *
hes speaking the truth. zip was without doubt the most important HC xan ever had (judging the time i worked with her - r5 to 7).

rabbit was a good BC without doubt in both attacks and defenses but imho he wasted too much time with telling everyone how good he was.
Proud to have been Bull

[03:54] <PiaZava> let me know if you need someone to do your dictation, I can even wear a skirt
Lord_Olrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 20:41   #132
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

ahh forgot zip, she making a come back?

-Necro
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:09   #133
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Quote:
Originally posted by Teh_Necro
ahh forgot zip, she making a come back?

-Necro
she's never left

— Scorpio
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 14:41   #134
Sastul
Spirit of Xanadu

Sastul is an unknown quantity at this point
Very interesting thread...

As i am reading all kind half true history chitchat ill try to shed some light on it.

I joined Legion at the end of rd3, while being HC of Xanadu. Legion HC knew of this and in long discussions with Are, we created the basement for an agreement for rd 4. (note that legion was our 2nd choice, as the meetings with tuba, nd and hirr fizzled). As we were not 100% convinced that legion can be trusted we had a backup deal with TFD - incase legion turns against us, TFD would assist.

Parts of NoS HC (i only remember chinese) were also in legion who had some sort of interest conflict between legion and nos at some point. Legion and NoS HCs had extremely heated discussions, while Xanadu tried to calm both sides down - with little success. As Xanadu HC didnt understand why a very simple discussion could turn into a personal vendetta on command level, we made a secret deal with nos after they left the block (oh what an evil word). Perhaps it surprises some, even you dingo, but nos and xanadu were friends at that time....
At the start of rd 4, legion was in bad shape, but we were at our peak of activity and could help legion through their rough times. Elysium joined us and to my personal surprise they pulled their weight. I used to be sceptic about elysium cause they had too many inactive members and lots of spies, but with the very respectable afford from their command, elysium quickly turned into a potent alliance.

Mid round, the winner was still unclear and legion only started to get up and running again, so Xanadu command thought of ways to increase our firepower.
We didnt want to have legion vetoing a new alliance in VeX, so i came up with the idea of making a JR alliance. Something that is part of Xanadu, under our jurisdiction so none can complain about it. Xanadu JR was born, consisting of LDK and former DDS (the famous Dutch Demolition Squad, elite clan from TFD), the agreement was to fight together during rd 4 and if the arrangement turns out to be successful, LDK and DDS can appoint Leaders to join overall Xanadu Command (we had no wings before that time)

In the mean time, nos and legion started to wage war against eachother, while nos changed sides a couple of times (no need to shoot me dear nos member, past is past, arguing doesnt change facts), but they kept the agreement with us.

When the end of the round was coming closer, we got word that legion might suffer another split, a 2nd wolfpack. The leaders of the split contacted us, and asked if we would be interested in an agreement for rd5. NoS was getting stronger at that time, and hold the front against their enemies, so it was only logical to head for NoCeX in rd5 and let the shattered legion behind. As we were still friends with elysium, we came to an agreement to not focus on each other during rd 5.

At that time murphys law caught us:
- The Legion split never happened
- NoS suffered a split

That kinda spoiled our plans for rd 5...

Xanadu clearly won rd4, most gals in top 10 and top planets. During the round we did most of def for legion, and allways took the most difficult targets. Singus gal, p7, p11 etc... But all this would not have been possible without legion and elysium.
And scorp is right when saying WP was our strongest enemey.
[/history]
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 19:25   #135
Lord_Olrik
PiaZava's Son

XDS XDS XDS XDS \o/ Glatze Glatze Glatze \o/

Proud to have been Bull

[03:54] <PiaZava> let me know if you need someone to do your dictation, I can even wear a skirt
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 21:16   #136
Metal

Metal is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: xanadu - yes - no - maybe

Quote:
Originally posted by -CP-
Couldn't agree more :l
Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 21:51   #137
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
I don't really see r4 as some great achievement. It was mainly an entire array of alliances vs an alliance that had a total internal collapse (Fury for the slow thinkers), and WP (lost BD early on). Tuba came onto the scene later on. Oh, nearly forgot ViruS but afaik the ViruS deal wasnt till later anyway when Sid returned.

If Fury had been fully operational with Sid around, along with BD being around for the WP-Fury link, I seriously think the upstarts known as Xanadu and NoS would have been crushed under our heel.

The galaxy and game should have been bathed in the darkness of The Fury.

Arrogance yes, but the truth.

It's almost like a Scooby Doo cartoon. Curse you meddling kids.

*shakes fist*

PS: Tongue in cheek humour to dispel possible angry remarks. r4 was the round that started an irrevocable (or seems like) cycle.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 21:57   #138
Lord_Olrik
PiaZava's Son

tell us the truth zhil. wrath won r4 didnt it ?
Proud to have been Bull

Unread 4 Jun 2003, 22:26   #139
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Olrik
tell us the truth zhil. wrath won r4 didnt it ?
Wrath only existed due to the failure of r4.

I'll give you a C- for the attempt to make it look like my comments were out of a blind zealous attitude. They were not.

Sorry to disappoint.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 23:09   #140
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

BetrayerOfHope is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
I don't really see r4 as some great achievement. It was mainly an entire array of alliances vs an alliance that had a total internal collapse (Fury for the slow thinkers), and WP (lost BD early on). Tuba came onto the scene later on. Oh, nearly forgot ViruS but afaik the ViruS deal wasnt till later anyway when Sid returned.

If Fury had been fully operational with Sid around, along with BD being around for the WP-Fury link, I seriously think the upstarts known as Xanadu and NoS would have been crushed under our heel.

*shakes fist*

PS: Tongue in cheek humour to dispel possible angry remarks. r4 was the round that started an irrevocable (or seems like) cycle.

and if the a metor would hit the world last year all would be over ... fury r4 was **** and nothing can make that nicer fury had the upper hand at one point but they lost it because they were to unskilled (not spending enough time?) or something dunno and don't care it happened how it happened ...

zhil go back to your cave this is a we love xanadu tread no motivation to hear fury was so great and so on storys here.

[23:11] <Zhil|FT> OMG BOH IS THE NEW KILLMARK
BetrayerOfHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 23:20   #141
Atul
Xanadu

Atul is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l

*shakes fist*

did you really miss 50% of the round?
right from the start to the midst of r4 fury was by far the biggest powerblock, having a large amount of allies against a powerblock consisting of xanadu, a rather weak legion and nos (later ely)

only at some point in the middle of the round the tide turned to xanadus favour (LDK, XDS wings, few alliances breaking up with Fury/WP)

and concerning legion being so über1337 in r4:
when i was Chief BC in Xanadu during r4 i spent about:
-50% of my time discussing/screaming at/gettin pissed off by legion hcs/bcs who were really really inactive/unable to do anything right
-30% of my time organizing xanadu fleets defending legion planets/galaxys
-10% of my time organizing xanadu fleets defending ely (they did a rather good job there too, especially compared to vts)
-5% of my time cleaning up the arbiter from vts fkup
-5% of my time organizing Xanadu defence/attacks

rather annyoing if you ask me

and to get back to topic: im bored too Silver
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 23:22   #142
Lord_Olrik
PiaZava's Son

lemme guess atul ... u won r4 all alone like rabbit did r6 ?
Proud to have been Bull

Unread 4 Jun 2003, 23:26   #143
Atul
Xanadu

Atul is an unknown quantity at this point
yeh smthn like that

thouse numbers count for the whole Xan BC team ofc: Scorpio, g0at, etc., etc., etc.

was one of the best teamworks ive seen during my pa carreer, and NTR r6 sucked compared to that
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 23:43   #144
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by BetrayerOfHope
and if the a metor would hit the world last year all would be over ... fury r4 was **** and nothing can make that nicer fury had the upper hand at one point but they lost it because they were to unskilled (not spending enough time?) or something dunno and don't care it happened how it happened ...

zhil go back to your cave this is a we love xanadu tread no motivation to hear fury was so great and so on storys here.
r4 was certainly not Fury's finest hour, but cut the crap. Zhil is perfectly right to point to sids absance. But Fury didnt fall apart, it just couldnt adapt to changes in the war because there was a leadership vacuum. Hes certianly not fair to say that it was the only reason that vex won though. But it is no more fair for you to call Fury **** or unskilled.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 23:49   #145
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

BetrayerOfHope is an unknown quantity at this point
its ad what do u think?

[23:11] <Zhil|FT> OMG BOH IS THE NEW KILLMARK
BetrayerOfHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 23:58   #146
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

I think that both Legion and Fury had a problem in r4.
Alot of their members were bored in the end of r3, and that is seen in how many of them who took part in the late war.

I know atleast for legion that there were members who in reality had quited pa in the end of r3, and therefore never played r4, or played half-heartedly.
Unread 5 Jun 2003, 01:40   #147
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
I think that both Legion and Fury had a problem in r4.
Alot of their members were bored in the end of r3, and that is seen in how many of them who took part in the late war.

I know atleast for legion that there were members who in reality had quited pa in the end of r3, and therefore never played r4, or played half-heartedly.
Wait for it...

I actually agree with Zhukov here.

Quote:
Originally posted by Atul
did you really miss 50% of the round?
right from the start to the midst of r4 fury was by far the biggest powerblock, having a large amount of allies against a powerblock consisting of xanadu, a rather weak legion and nos (later ely)
Fury and co were "winning" originally since NoS/Cell split off. I use the term within " " because it was merely a reflective viewpoint on the situation. There was a 'fear' of Fury, the odds were in Fury's favour. But at the end of the day, Fury was not performing as it should have.

Tuba joined the war late, I can't recall when Tuba officially joined sides with Fury but it wasnt during the peak of Fury efficiency. (I should ask Lokken or Pat :/). I cant recall exactly when ViruS helped out. I know hirr and Quha were helping out Fury then.

I wouldnt really say it was the biggest powerblock, I would be more inclined to say that the Fury "side" looked to have a much better chance of winning due to numbers the sheer history of Fury's ability and ruthlessness.

Elysium were on your side alot sooner than Tuba were on the side of Fury, so I think you are fudging the time Elysium joined Legion/Xanadu in its fight. It was certainly alot earlier than midround.

Regardless, I am digressing from my point - my main point that many seem to want to miss (or refuse to acknowledge/believe) is that you never really "fought" Fury to the extent it should have been.

Quote:
Originally posted by BetrayerOfHope

I will cease with the if's then, but you don't seem to grasp my meaning either. Fury r4 was not "****" nor am I "making excuses". Those who actually have some grasp of Fury history or indeed knowledge of the game should be aware of the lack of typical traits from Fury during this round. Fury had the upper hand, but it was a PERCEIVED upper hand. It was nothing to do with being unskilled, or not spending enough time. Zhukov hits the nail on the head - at the time there was nothing really to fight for. Fury lost alot of interest from its members during the boredom and stagnation of r3. But the main vital thing was the lack of activity from Sid. I guess someone like you can't really comprehend how much that really did hurt Fury more than anything the enemy could do. Without Sid Fury had no direction, no effective chain of command (The Executive was a mess) and thus Fury's greatest strength had become its greatest weakness. Fury was leaderless for the most part, and without the efforts of the remaining command members (who had to guess and feel their way into keeping Fury alive) I seriously doubt there would have been anything left for Sid to have returned too.

I remember the speech from Cayl, it said the enemies were willing to stay up to the wee hours in the morning to destroy us. They had the drive and desire to do so. It was something that Fury was lacking to give back to our enemies.

It is my belief that the collapse of Fury internally was the main contributor to the victor in r4. It is your right to think this is lies and propaganda, but I am merely presenting the facts of the situation from within Fury itself. The collapse of Fury's internal structure can be argued to have led to the problems in maintaining links with NoS/Cell and thus the argueably, main deciding factor in the overall war when NoS/Cell turned on Fury and its friends. And then there is a whole host of other factors that can derive from this.

In conclusion, Fury was burnt within the flames of its own success, and like the logo then showed - the phoenix would soon be reborn and rise from its ashes.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 5 Jun 2003, 07:46   #148
Glatze

Glatze is an unknown quantity at this point
Shall I bring up in interesting point?

Xanadu would have lost r4 badly if the pa servers hadnt been down at the times Fury attacked the main Xanadu HQ gals (ticks stopped at eta 6 or so) early in the round.
I came on early in the morning a few times when the morning launches broke the servers and we had plenty of time to fix defence and arrange counters for the moment ticks started running again. This way we also had more then enough time to analyse Fury's attack plans. Who attacks with who, when do they launch, etc etc. This made us decide to go on an all out attack at 253:1 as they seemed to be the hotspot. This was the turning point as it pinned down most of Furys fleets and we sucked a lot of neutrals with us into singu's gal. Demotivated Fury members, 253:1 booted from P-alliance [One], score and roidsadvantage for Xanadu, some fresh blood into Xanadu and vts got some breath again. Within a week it all turned the other way around. Fury wasnt as bad that round as some people like to believe. Only with some luck and hard work it was Xanadu who got the upperhand

Oh and Olrik, Atul was the most important BC at the time, so he knows what happened and is perfectly right in his post. And why do you bring up rabbit all the time? You cant get him out og your head right?
Unread 5 Jun 2003, 11:47   #149
Sastul
Spirit of Xanadu

Sastul is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with glatze here...
There were the strongholds of VeX (eg p8) that never got into trouble, but in a lot ps the fight was heated and more in favoure for fury (eg: Xanadu quickly lost p internal fights in p11)

The turning point was the wave attack on singus gal. After stomping the gal we had the clear upperhand.

What i wonder now is that 253:1 was authorised by Sid to make a sperated peace threaty with VeX... zhil can u explain?

And there was that story about sid leaving PA cause he knew he cant win....
Unread 5 Jun 2003, 13:04   #150
skipper
outsider

skipper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by meddy
some HC´s were very ignorant and not liked by the members in the past ( i dont want to tell names ) .
kinda naive dont you think, not every1 can be liked by every1 or something like that