User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 17 Mar 2003, 20:35   #51
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
How exactly is this a you say this and I say that situation.

You made a claim(no 2 top ten players), I pointed out that it was false. You then tried to qualify your claim(they were only there for donations), I pointed out that this was also false.

You made the claim that having 2 top ten players is so statistically improbable that it has to be the result of cheating. Youve not backed that claim up.
I'm not even gonna bother backing it up, we're just gonna end up in a 2 page long conversation where I'll mention that he was taking donations all round long and you say well prove it and then we'll go into some more stuff that really really has no relation to this thread at all and is a waste of mine and your time.

I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna play with you today - maybe tomorrow we can shoot marbles or something.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 20:35   #52
jornx

jornx is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Random really does solve everything

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Well it's obviously farming. Sure you may get lucky scanning and be on say 120 roids atm? But to have 2 or 3 attacks successful as well as that? Some people have 60 - 80 roids more? Not likely to happen.
Haven't done a single attack this round and I am still on 200+ roids..
r3 jornx of Vegeta III (83:14:19)
r4 Kah'less of Klingon Home World (47:7:1) [Ely]
r5 Talak'Talan of Jem'Hadar (30:4:1) [RYB] [Ely]
r6 Odo of the Founders (33:17:2) [RYB] [VtS]
r7 Steve Orenstein of Wicked Pictures (20:20:1) [RYB] [VtS]
r8 The unbearable lightness of being (31:3:3) [RYB] [Titans]
r9 The beauty of silence (40:5:1) [RYB]
r9.5 ruler_27_3_9 of planet_27_3_9 (27:9:3) [RYB]

[RYB] forever
jornx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 21:05   #53
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida
Through 9 rounds of planetarion, having thousands of galaxies, never has there been a gal that had 2 players in the top 10 except for at the start of a round where by some miracle multiple galaxies seem to pull it off.
32:16 had 2 top 10 planets in round 3 (Frag and Tuna), and I think the TPE galaxy in round 4 did also, but I'm not positive. There were 3 people from TPEgal in the top 10, but I'm not sure if any 2 were there at the same time, as all 3 quit shortly after making top 10 (Game and Ish might have been in it simultaneously, I'm not sure).
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 21:19   #54
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
32:16 had 2 top 10 planets in round 3 (Frag and Tuna), and I think the TPE galaxy in round 4 did also, but I'm not positive. There were 3 people from TPEgal in the top 10, but I'm not sure if any 2 were there at the same time, as all 3 quit shortly after making top 10 (Game and Ish might have been in it simultaneously, I'm not sure).
I think Sietlas and Ish were both t10 in R5 (4:13) at some point too, but I maybe wrong.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 21:45   #55
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
And you're saying what... TPE didn't cheat? :-)
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 22:26   #56
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
People who attacks with "flak-planets" suck (like Darki, just to mention one)..
There should be a rule about it, automaticly deleting all the planets participating.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 00:05   #57
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Spring took no donations. And summy was already top ten when he took his, they were aimed at getting him to #1. I cant forget things that you make up.
They were aimed at getting your gal #1

I did the math and no amount of donation whoring from any top 10 player (apart from possibly fred - b4 he got busted) would have caught me.... then there was always the possibility of me donationg whoring to the same extent too :P
________
AUTOZAM AZ-1

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:44.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 00:13   #58
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
And in R7 Degrees finished 11th, only missing out on top 10 by a mil, and she recently lost 30 odd mil fleet due to a 'miss calculated in gal defence'. 15:19 had Dread and Fred b4 deletion at rank 2-3.

In R6 10:16 had every planet (apart from Megapucko - inactive sob ) in the top 250, but we did farm like fk (and Glatze, clearleh T&P invented institutional farming - it was a skill we were proud of )

If a whole galaxy is using a good plan, and everyone doesnt sleep for the first 250 odd ticks, its easily possible to have multiple top 10 planets from initiating alone, throw in a few good attacks here and there (in c roiding) and your well on your way.

What would be interesting is to compare the roid gain to the roid loss of another galaxy for whoever is #1. And see if they are getting there roids from in P/C... as any "smart" galaxy would first "farm" the weak at low etas, before attacking outside of the uni with eta 11 pods...

Although there is always the chance that the said gal was lucky enough to get a farm gal in there p/c
________
Bmw r1200c

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:44.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 02:44   #59
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
I like your first idea, there is no lawful reason for someone to initiate roids while under attack.
This early in the game it could be.

Nothing wrong in initiating up to 6 E roids to enable more mesonic cutter building when under attack this early in the game.
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 02:46   #60
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov
People who attacks with "flak-planets" suck (like Darki, just to mention one)..
There should be a rule about it, automaticly deleting all the planets participating.
Instate this rule and next problem arising is fake-flak planets.
When you're under attack you get your fake-flak planet to attack you and land same tick with a pure xan fi fleet. Hey presto attacker deleted.
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 02:58   #61
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point
also with randorm you can point out and kill the working ants that many alliances is useing. This guys get good in a private gal under guidence.
But with the current setup with about 70% uni against you you need more than a randorm uni to survive!
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 03:24   #62
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Top planet, 368 roids ... not farming my ass ...

Metal Asteroids 188 Crystal Asteroids 128
Eonium Asteroids 49 Unknown Asteroids 3

Blatent much?
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 08:08   #63
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Prove it.

Im not saying its not farming. But prove that its not possible, show us some numbers.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 17:52   #64
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Chax
Instate this rule and next problem arising is fake-flak planets.
When you're under attack you get your fake-flak planet to attack you and land same tick with a pure xan fi fleet. Hey presto attacker deleted.
I admit I didnt think so much about my idea, it just popped up into my mind. And I also ment that ALL the plantets in such an attack would be deleted, not only the big one..
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote