User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Mar 2003, 02:56   #51
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Easily the best measure of how good or bad IPC is would be the following.

"IPC have never had a member featured in a Kurashima comic"
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 03:14   #52
Not_RIT

Not_RIT is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
Easily the best measure of how good or bad IPC is would be the following.

"IPC have never had a member featured in a Kurashima comic"
Quite aragont and egocentrical arnt you?
Not_RIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 03:54   #53
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
I spent r7 with IPC

pros
IPC are great at defending their members
-The Defence BC's work hard and succeed fairly well.
-The members willingly help eachother out.
IPC have a great community spirit
-New members are made welcome from day 1
-There's always friendly banter going on
-There are seldom harsh words
IPC are easy to play with
-No need to ask HC or BC for permission to visit the WC
-No enemies to worry about, if you're roided it's for roids, they ain't coming back again and again for weeks.
- No need to get up at ungodly hours, attacks are at reasonable times.
IPC never lost the game

cons
no chance of winning
-IPC won't win the game
-IPC member or galaxy won't be #1

If you're married and have kids, or if you have a heavy workload at uni but still wish to enjoy the game then IPC are if no t the best then one of the best alliances to join and play with and have a lot of FUN in this game. Being in a top alliance can be so much work, while in IPC it's all a matter of fun. Try em out, you won't be disappointed.
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 04:16   #54
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute
Re: After 9 Rounds , are the utterly ineffective IPC still trying to "Get it Right"

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
I think i had this debate in R7, and the general response was a lot of personal abuse from Keystroke. However , let me explain what i mean here on a logical basis.
  • Every alliance reaches a point where it cannot evolve further , and at that point, splinters or dies.
  • Good alliances which run on a non social basis , recognise this and disband/splinter.
  • all the top alliances from the early rounds , save Fury , have since splintered/Disbanded whilst at the top of their game
  • IPC has not, and still sees itself as a "top" alliance, which statistically , theyve never been.

This debate will i accept , stand and fall on whether or not IPC considers itself a "Social" alliance. Id genuinely like this one answered without flaming or personal abuse.

Thanks

Even if IPC doesnt perform as well as the "cream of the crop", what does it matter? The IPC HC and the general memberbase obviously have a blast doing what they do, and manage to have some semblance of success in the game as well.

An alliance doesnt need to be considered a social alliance if it isnt aiming for the top spots, an alliance can be fairly productive in PA and maintain the balance between lenience and restrictions. IPC does it rather well.

(ND is also one of the top contenders for longest standing alliance, I'd be yelled at for not mentioning this :P)
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 04:34   #55
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

KeyStroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
What has always struck me as being a unique quality is that up until this point, IPC was rarely, if ever, spoken of on AD. There was hardly an effort to change that, at least among IPC representatives. That may not have helped them politically, but it surely didn't harm them either.

Where I saw IPC reps most active (particularly KeyStroke) was on AR. There their presence was made to those who frequented or merely made a brief visit - the results were usually positive. IPC individuals made efforts to help both players and fledgling alliances take their next steps into the larger realm of Planetarion's political arena.
Well, to be honest Planetarion for us been about fun and gaming. If we wanted to go into politics the game wouldnt been the same, or at least my opinion. We tend to do our own stuff and own thing. The most involved we try to get in things are in cluster alliances and the likes of it, and then usally take the side of the underdogs AD usally been a sircus with moaners moaning about who is best and why they are best and why the other side sucks. I bet if they had put all that effort into something else they could built a new wonder. AD tend to scare people sometimes, idle in AR us more relaxing and rewarding in the long run. Although sometimes spoofs from AD enters and spread some flames

Thanks for the kind words btw. A bit scary though, the times we write the most on AD seems to be when someone else got something to say about us, wether bad or good.
<Zhil> hmm
<Hicks> Dreadnought II theyd call me
KeyStroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 04:38   #56
Smokeh
Kitty handler

Smokeh will become famous soon enoughSmokeh will become famous soon enough
It's very nice and refreshing to see that people do understand our viewpoint of playing the game and the mentality with coming to be an IPC member, and for that I'd like to personally thank Hobbie, Chax and Barrow for their replies in this thread.

I'm also hoping that this thread will increase the number of people who understand what IPC are really about, and not dismiss us as just another alliance who aren't one of the "big guns", we are who we are and we have a hell of a lot of fun doing it, and although IPC may not be the first alliance that comes to mind when a player looks back if/when Planetarion is dead and buried, I can be pretty sure to say that those people who've graced our books at some point in their career will say "Hey, I remember that time in IPC, that was a blast"

I'd never have it any other way

Smokeh
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 04:40   #57
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Not_RIT
Quite aragont and egocentrical arnt you?
"Quite Arrogant and Egocentric, are you not?"

See , i fixed it for you. Id hate to think PA wasnt helping in areas of Education where its clear youre sorely lacking.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 04:40   #58
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Re: I spent r7 with IPC

Quote:
Originally posted by Chax
cons
no chance of winning
-IPC won't win the game

If you're married and have kids, or if you have a heavy workload at uni but still wish to enjoy the game then IPC are if no t the best then one of the best alliances to join and play with and have a lot of FUN in this game. Being in a top alliance can be so much work, while in IPC it's all a matter of fun. Try em out, you won't be disappointed.
Omg, more nice words. Although I hardly had any sleep yet and have to get ready for work in like less than 2 hours (lack of sleep killing me). I have to reply (hehe)..

Our aim have never been to win the game or get world domination. We are not really megalomaniacs so no worries there, not really a cons from our side. And playing a game is more about have fun and a good time, so being #1 in a game that is played by thousands doesnt really matter much. As regardless of players and alliances there can be only one winner and that is the #1, he might got there by the help of his friends, alliance, allies etc, but he is still the one and ONLY winner

And yes we are the perfect choice for people who have a bit of a real life on the side. We do require activity of our members but dont chain them to the computer 24/7 and have them rack up an enormous phone bill.

Hope everything is well with you and your family, guess your kid is bigger now than the pic I saw some rounds ago....

Kind Regards...
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 04:52   #59
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
IPC is great for new and old people alike. They may not be Fury or Legion, but they are unique in their own way. Instead of trying to recoup lost glories they have never made the effort to reclaim them and instead concentrated on being a community based casual alliance.

Although I am the 'devil' in IPC - they should by now realize that I was attached to Fury the same way Keystroke is attached to IPC, so I naturally had to defend Fury in every way possible. After all IPC wasnt very pro-Fury back then and it was mainly a precaution for me to spy on them. Ever since then IPC has never tried to play with the 'big boys' so to speak and since it has no preconceptions anymore on the political arena this gives it an air of relaxation. It also allows the main alliance to discount them in many things and not have to 'worry' about them, thus helping IPC.

gg IPC

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 05:12   #60
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Although I am the 'devil' in IPC - they should by now realize that I was attached to Fury the same way Keystroke is attached to IPC, so I naturally had to defend Fury in every way possible. After all IPC wasnt very pro-Fury back then and it was mainly a precaution for me to spy on them. Ever since then IPC has never tried to play with the 'big boys' so to speak and since it has no preconceptions anymore on the political arena this gives it an air of relaxation. It also allows the main alliance to discount them in many things and not have to 'worry' about them, thus helping IPC.

gg IPC
Zhil its long time since you was thought of as a devil or whatnot. And dont lie, deep inside of you is a scared little boy screaming out to join the safe bossom IPC offers its members Maybe the tranquility found in IPC is why females seek us out, dunno strange that. (hehe)...

As for not "playing with the big boys", well we'we both defended vs and attacked big boys since back then. And it havent keept IPC from supplying Fury, and the other big boys with well trained recruits over time (nasty body snatchers).

NB: as for not being very pro-Fury... I dont think we was alone about that. But that didnt mean we was PRO anything else either. And Fury have never been the only alliance in the game we have hosted a negative attitude towards.
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 05:13   #61
Faberius
Olrik's Lil' Bro

Faberius is an unknown quantity at this point
F-Crew is still alive? Thought they just went to community format...

As for NewDawn, I would really like to call it the third longest continuous alliance, but since there are several people who consider it to have died in round 3, I won't be controversial.
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 05:38   #62
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Faberius

As for NewDawn, I would really like to call it the third longest continuous alliance, but since there are several people who consider it to have died in round 3, I won't be controversial.
I don't know much of the history involved, but I must say that that's a new opinion to me. I guess it often happens that when a group of people leave an alliance, they are resentful of those who carry it on, particularly if they make changes that they wouldn't have made themselves, or if they achieve things that the previous leaders could not.

Even if you start ND's history from r3, that's still an impressive lifespan for an alliance (over 2 years), and so I think ND definitely deserve credit for surviving whilst others around them have failed. Keeping an alliance running for that length of time is no mean feat, and any alliance which has survived that long deserves respect - the same goes for IPC... they have never been a 'successful' alliance in ranking terms, but for sheer survival power they have done well.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 08:59   #63
HRS
TFD forever

HRS is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

TFD is the third alliance in age. at least, it was the oldest i could find when i got tired with the talks of how old IPC and F-crew were in my galchannel

hi nef, eddie etc

<mpr0733> never underestimate the speed of a fryingdutch thread spammer

<Zapman> ja ik wil hrs stalken, natuurlijk, logisch
HRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 10:37   #64
Telhilion
NOT scottish

Telhilion is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
F-Crew is still alive and it is a community based alliance as IPC is.

Some of our non PA based factions are currently recruiting so drop by on IRC and ask around.

Alternatively grab Eddie or Ravont_lee, you usually find us hanging around on #ipc-alliance too (Just for the love of keystroke :P).
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 11:32   #65
WST
A Big Pile of Awesome

WST is on a distinguished road
I'd just like to point out that, even though IPC never claim the no.1 spot, and don't race to the finish etc, it's still possible to do very well in ipc. in several games now, we have people sprinking the top 250s, and our ability to hold our own, and to get def means that people who are active all the time can still benefit to a great degree, and grow one hell of a lot, whilst still enjoying the community aspect

lo hrs btw
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 12:18   #66
Viprex

Quote:
Originally posted by wakey
Viprex : This attitude that a few at IPC have that F-Crew are your enemy really annoys me. Yes our links were strained due to a personality clash between two of our HC at the time (Dou and BrOwS) and two of yours (Key and Yaret) but this idea that we are your enemy is just getting riduclous. IPC were just as much to blame for the problems and while we at F-crew and Key were able to relise this and try and put it behind us Yaret wasnt and started to spurt out lots of rubbish and even authorised the IPC members who belived the rubbish he was spouting to attack the F-Crew members in their galaxies. So please stop aiding his cause from a few rounds back and do what the rest of us have and put the troubles behind us (hey we even granted Smokeh access to our channels and forums which shows how much we consider IPC our enemy)
i'm sorry if i miswrote that, but, this is gonna be hard to explain and make sense but here goes (some might even contradict others)

1) i didn't mean F-crew were enemies, but simply that there were a few attacks on them

2) i only heard about the attacks on F-crew, and did not even understand the reasoning behind it, who was involved, and what really happened. I did not attack F-crew. I was actually quite inactive at the time, and only got the very vaguest of info: that some people in IPC attacked a few F-crew (it was past the event).

3) i did not mean anything by it, in a way, a way that i do not understand myself (i'm so fking confused now it's absurd), it was a joke. i am atleast sure of that

4) I now consider F-crew as friends of IPC, i did not consider them enemies or anything other than another alliance which had some ties to IPC. I now the full story.
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 12:23   #67
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
I don't know much of the history involved, but I must say that that's a new opinion to me. I guess it often happens that when a group of people leave an alliance, they are resentful of those who carry it on, particularly if they make changes that they wouldn't have made themselves, or if they achieve things that the previous leaders could not.

Even if you start ND's history from r3, that's still an impressive lifespan for an alliance (over 2 years), and so I think ND definitely deserve credit for surviving whilst others around them have failed. Keeping an alliance running for that length of time is no mean feat, and any alliance which has survived that long deserves respect - the same goes for IPC... they have never been a 'successful' alliance in ranking terms, but for sheer survival power they have done well.
ComradeRob, Its a fairly well known opinion but its something which many dont understand due to it having taken place so early on in the game (ie round 2). Theres just not many of the people from this time still around and anyone who joined later basically just sees that theres been a ND almost since the start but dont understand the situation.

Anyone who was around in r2 will know that WaC appeared to decide to remove as much of their 'rivals' as possible. Not long after protection ended they started assualts on F-Crew and UXF (actually were probally stil XFA at that point), catching both of us on the backfoot, they then went through adding all but BT, TE and Fury to the their list of targets (both had NAPS with WaC)

F-Crew and UXF started talks about working together to help stop WaC and these got to a fairly advanced srage, so much so that we started putting feelers out to both ND and IPC about them also helping. Zeus got wind of what we were doing and decided to help take it a step further for "the good of the game". He ended up getting SK, hirr, ipc and ND (think ive missed someone here) all to agree to help. He even got Fury to agree to deal with TE to stop them providing support to WaC. However by the time the planning had taken place we ahd all taken fairly heavy damage which made substaining our strike son WaC hard even though they did show some success. One by one the alliances dissappeared. SK disbanded, hirr signed a peace agreement, IPC went into hiding, UXF disbanded (would later reappear as Virus) and ND took the decision to sort of disband. By sort of I mean most of the important people in the alliance left and they stopped being offcially an alliance but the members still hung around their channel and still aided each other but it was more of a friendship thing. Eventually someone seemed to decided that it was pointless them not being an allaince so reformed it but with a differnt HC so a slightly differnt feel.

Its this break that leads to the opinion that the current ND isnt the Original ND but more of an offspring that still has the same basic ideals but also a slightly differnt mindset to its 'parent'
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 13:13   #68
Slinky
SPESHAL

Slinky is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
This attitude that a few at IPC have that F-Crew are your enemy really annoys me. Yes our links were strained due to a personality clash between two of our HC at the time (Dou and BrOwS) and two of yours (Key and Yaret) but this idea that we are your enemy is just getting riduclous. IPC were just as much to blame for the problems and while we at F-crew and Key were able to relise this and try and put it behind us Yaret wasnt and started to spurt out lots of rubbish and even authorised the IPC members who belived the rubbish he was spouting to attack the F-Crew members in their galaxies. So please stop aiding his cause from a few rounds back and do what the rest of us have and put the troubles behind us (hey we even granted Smokeh access to our channels and forums which shows how much we consider IPC our enemy)
Actually it wasn't just Yarats doing, I organised Cv alongside Yarat organising IPC to attack F-Crew, cos tbh, F-Crew just annoyed the hell out of both of us and deserved to die

Chax - I remember u joining Cv, think you were one of the more actives (in that I actually remember you, something like ex Xanadu?).

I shant state my opinion of IPC here as I think it would get deleted, it's not exactly highly rating. My advise for ppl in IPC, don't actually care about what happens to the alliance, because if you do, you'll get treated like ****.
Round 4 - UiS member, The Return member, Elysium member
Round 5 - Didn't play
Round 6 - UiS member, IPC BC / Cv HC
Round 7 - UiS member, IPC BC / Cv HC
Round 8 - GC | IPC BC
Round 9 - GC | Eden Group Planetarion Leader
Round 9.5 - MOW | Rock member
Round * Quit
Slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 14:14   #69
Telhilion
NOT scottish

Quote:
Originally posted by Slinky
Actually it wasn't just Yarats doing, I organised Cv alongside Yarat organising IPC to attack F-Crew, cos tbh, F-Crew just annoyed the hell out of both of us and deserved to die
If my memory serves, most of the annoying people were held in the 'baby' Cv. Also, wasn't Cv HC effectively Yarats lapdogs?

You can't catch me for an F-Crew bias either, I was absent from the alliance and rounds actions at that time. I was however in all the relevant channels and knew enough of those involved. :P
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 14:32   #70
Slinky
SPESHAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Telhilion
If my memory serves, most of the annoying people were held in the 'baby' Cv. Also, wasn't Cv HC effectively Yarats lapdogs?

You can't catch me for an F-Crew bias either, I was absent from the alliance and rounds actions at that time. I was however in all the relevant channels and knew enough of those involved. :P
Actually no, there was a hell of a lot of talent in Cv and I think I managed to get all the annoying ppl kicked out as I have a very short fuse for stupidity. And Yarat had Zero involvment in Cv so no, we weren't his lapdogs, smokeh was IPC HC liason to Cv but other than that, there was no other council involvement, we were left do run it how we wanted to. Also Cv was more effective than any of the alliances in CUDOS (even ipc for a while until the decent recruits were promoted), often recieving defence calls from F-Crew and Lost (nav never really bothered with defence?), but only ever taking help from ipc.
Round 5 - Didn't play
Round 8 - GC | IPC BC
Round * Quit
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 16:01   #71
Eddie
Slacker

Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Also Cv was more effective than any of the alliances in CUDOS
Best comedy ever.
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 16:28   #72
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:

Chax - I remember u joining Cv, think you were one of the more actives (in that I actually remember you, something like ex Xanadu?).

I shant state my opinion of IPC here as I think it would get deleted, it's not exactly highly rating. My advise for ppl in IPC, don't actually care about what happens to the alliance, because if you do, you'll get treated like ****.
Sigh......... get your facts straight will you...

Chax was accepted right into IPC.

As for the clash with FC back then was due to some personal issues between some people. People on both sides know who, no need try ripp up in bygons......

As for your issues with IPC... well, *shrugs*, that is on a personal level too, not really tied to IPC alone. If you want to fo further about that PM me or something dont spam the forums.... serves no purpose.
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 16:33   #73
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
Best comedy ever.
She is dilerious or high on something

As for CV, its purpose back then was to push new members into IPC, but have em validated and checked out for activity and such first. Some had other ideas, but anyhow... closed down for now though.
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 17:34   #74
Slinky
SPESHAL

Quote:
Originally posted by KeyStroke
She is dilerious or high on something

As for CV, its purpose back then was to push new members into IPC, but have em validated and checked out for activity and such first. Some had other ideas, but anyhow... closed down for now though.
Yes that was Cv's purpose, but the members were leached from it too soon on every occasion. Still remember chax, sure he had something to do with Cv. And Cv could of taken out any of the alliances in CUDOS, same as IPC. Sorry but F-crew were just poo (no idea on their current status, but guessing the same now) during round 6/7 I'm afraid.
Round 5 - Didn't play
Round 8 - GC | IPC BC
Round * Quit
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 18:13   #75
Emlin

CV

CV was pants before the webby :P then we just mass recruited and chucked the rubbish out I remember Chax from CV, but then I left, so... bah

Anyway, I enjoyed my time at IPC. very layed back and there's always someone willing to talk. imho the best thing about IPC is the community, whish did rawk (dunno now cos I've been banned for 6months ) but otherwise it's not *cough* a top alliance

I liked IPC, I still do, And may she live on forever

- Emlin
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 18:21   #76
Inca

Cool *laughs*

I nearly read this thread.... oh the embarrasment. IPC, i cannnot believe people still call them an alliance.

I would have thought when spinner outlawed all forms of farming that IPC players wud be forced to delete, but it appears they slipped thru the net, and still i can legally farm them.
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 18:30   #77
Telhilion
NOT scottish

Re: *laughs*

Quote:
Originally posted by Inca
I nearly read this thread.... oh the embarrasment. IPC, i cannnot believe people still call them an alliance.

I would have thought when spinner outlawed all forms of farming that IPC players wud be forced to delete, but it appears they slipped thru the net, and still i can legally farm them.
Oh dear, they've sent one of those really witty big alliance types here to make a constructive, long, well structured post with the aim of amazing us with military honed literary skills and mad trolling powers.

I'm truly awed.
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 18:34   #78
Inca

Re: Re: *laughs*

Quote:
Originally posted by Telhilion
Oh dear, they've sent one of those really witty big alliance types here to make a constructive, long, well structured post with the aim of amazing us with military honed literary skills and mad trolling powers.

I'm truly awed.
*laughs* it doesn't take much. The secret to PA like most games is that althou its a military game, military skills don't win this, pa skillz do.

IPC have had many chances to step up there game, but insted they are happy to stay small with their hc hiding in arbitered gals, rather than try and get involved higher up.

If there happy with that so be it, but if there is a thread slamming IPC u can hardly expect me not to post on it.
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 18:36   #79
Xearz

Xearz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: *laughs*

Quote:

Care to come with some arguments? After all, this is 'alliance _discussions_' not 'alliance _lets post a flame and let everyone see how obiosuly cool I am_'

Why does the airforce need new expensive bombers? Have the people we've been bombing all these years been complaining about the old ones?

#ipc-alliance
www.ipc-alliance.com
Xearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 18:41   #80
Inca

Re: Re: *laughs*

Quote:
Originally posted by Xearz
Care to come with some arguments? After all, this is 'alliance _discussions_' not 'alliance _lets post a flame and let everyone see how obiosuly cool I am_'
Lol, i don't need to flame to kno i am cool.

But that aside, there are many alliances new and old that have achieved massively more than IPC. IPC keep going on the virtue of the fact most of their members are not good enuff to go onto larger alliances, and IPC doesn't have the ability to step up its game into the larger alliances.
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 18:42   #81
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Re: *laughs*

Quote:
IPC have had many chances to step up there game, but insted they are happy to stay small with their hc hiding in arbitered gals, rather than try and get involved higher up.
Firstly, please correct your spelling and grammar, what you have just disclosed is almost painful to read. Secondly, please try and present a mature arguement.

Oh, by the way, I believe since round 6 only 2 HC members (if that) have joined so-called "arbitered" gals. I know Smokeh was one (he went into Maddix's gal round 6), and I believe Yarat did too (not Maddix's gal, but somewhere else iirc). We don't jump into arbitered gals, we fight (and sometimes die) together.
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 18:43   #82
Telhilion
NOT scottish

Quote:
*laughs* it doesn't take much. The secret to PA like most games is that althou its a military game, military skills don't win this, pa skillz do.

If there happy with that so be it, but if there is a thread slamming IPC u can hardly expect me not to post on it.
Dear intelligent poster,
It has come to our intention that you have missed the point of the IPC ethos, you have now pursued blindly an argument that can go nowhere... We would like to introduce you to the concept of a wall. This thread is not slamming IPC, You may not have noticed but there are more posts of support than any against... indeed you may have found the wrong thread to post your heavily biased views on IPC. Would you also like to rephrase your first paragraph, it seems you mixed up several terms and made a very stupid point that may confuse you less adept brethren.

Thank you.

(Now before you stumble blindly into the mistake of thinking I'm an IPC member, go read the actual posts on the thread which I assume you have failed to do considering you inherent stupidity. This is an incentive to read before you post)
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 18:43   #83
Xearz

Xearz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Lol, i don't need to flame to kno i am cool.

But that aside, there are many alliances new and old that have achieved massively more than IPC. IPC keep going on the virtue of the fact most of their members are not good enuff to go onto larger alliances, and IPC doesn't have the ability to step up its game into the larger alliances.

If you read the thread carefully then you'll see that we never tried to become one of the major players simply because we have no intrest to be one

Why does the airforce need new expensive bombers? Have the people we've been bombing all these years been complaining about the old ones?

#ipc-alliance
www.ipc-alliance.com
Xearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 18:47   #84
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Not everyone plays this game to be 'big' and '1337' and get to number one. Some of us (unlike you) are more than capable in social situations, and thus we go out and have fun, rather than spending all our hours online making numbers go up in a database. We play for fun, not necessarily to win.

Obviously you are one of the players who believe that to be 'cool' or to enjoy the game at all, you have to have the biggest fleet or the biggest planet or whatever. A lot of people would say interesting things about your obsession with size, and what you may be overcompensating for.
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 18:48   #85
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:

Uhm, hiding away in arbitered galaxies? Care to explain? The only arbiter Im in and have been in is our own. I stand back to back with the normal members of IPC. The Council in IPC doesnt put themselves above the normal members. Our members isnt there for us, we are there for the members.

And yes, we have no interest in "stepping up" as you call it, we are happy about be what we are, and we are proud of it. How many alliances are yours naped with? allied with? How many alliances makes up your galaxy? How many arbiters you got your arse into? Geeze, what happend to people being proud of their Alliances for its achievements as an alliance not as a sheep in flock of several.
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 18:50   #86
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Re: Re: Re: Re: *laughs*

Quote:
Originally posted by Supernova9
A lot of people would say interesting things about your obsession with size, and what you may be overcompensating for.

/me look at the girls that point and laugh of Inca ;-)

(just kidding btw)
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 22:30   #87
Faberius
Olrik's Lil' Bro

Faberius is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Its this break that leads to the opinion that the current ND isnt the Original ND but more of an offspring that still has the same basic ideals but also a slightly differnt mindset to its 'parent'
As I said, contraversial, but I believe that as long as the current ND retains the "blessing of the founders" it is the real and continuous ND.
Unread 14 Mar 2003, 00:21   #88
Mike

Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I have to agree with Key and Smokeh on this one. F-Crew have had strong ties with IPC for much of our existance and while the links have become strained over the last few rounds it certainly had nothing to do with them being above themselves...

<snip> (i cba to re post the entire thing )

...Viprex : This attitude that a few at IPC have that F-Crew are your enemy really annoys me. Yes our links were strained due to a personality clash between two of our HC at the time (Dou and BrOwS) and two of yours (Key and Yaret) but this idea that we are your enemy is just getting riduclous. IPC were just as much to blame for the problems and while we at F-crew and Key were able to relise this and try and put it behind us Yaret wasnt and started to spurt out lots of rubbish and even authorised the IPC members who belived the rubbish he was spouting to attack the F-Crew members in their galaxies. So please stop aiding his cause from a few rounds back and do what the rest of us have and put the troubles behind us (hey we even granted Smokeh access to our channels and forums which shows how much we consider IPC our enemy)
What he said.

(Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated )
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2003, 00:27   #89
Mike

Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: After 9 Rounds , are the utterly ineffective IPC still trying to "Get it Right"

Quote:
Originally posted by Barrow|Pony
(ND is also one of the top contenders for longest standing alliance, I'd be yelled at for not mentioning this :P)
Get back in your box Barrow
ND's in line just behind F-Crew I believe

Quote:
F-Crew is Immortal

Quote:
Bring back Coffee, CrAzYcHiCkEn (sp ?), Sith (?) & all the "old skool" (who'se names I can't remember properly/cba to list all of)

Quote:
As I said, contraversial, but I believe that as long as the current ND retains the "blessing of the founders" it is the real and continuous ND.
As I recall Coffee (co(?)-founder of ND) walked out in disgust when ND was reformed by some of the HC & he wasn't informed of it (although my memory is a bit sketchy on exactly what happened now)

Last edited by Mike; 14 Mar 2003 at 00:46.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 15:01   #90
Krewl

Re: Re: After 9 Rounds , are the utterly ineffective IPC still trying to "Get it Right"

[offtopic warning]
Quote:
Originally posted by KeyStroke

-snip-

We never regarded us as "all that", however in the terms on longest standing "continous" alliance we top the list with F-Crew right behind.

-more snipping-
When did you ppl start then. Cause ppl always talk about the long living alliances (specially f-crew) but it seems to me TFD has been around since r1 aswell....

Could anyone clarify this one for me plz?

[/offtopic warning]

Greets Krewl
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 15:56   #91
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold
Re: Re: Re: After 9 Rounds , are the utterly ineffective IPC still trying to "Get it Right"

Quote:
Originally posted by Krewl
[offtopic warning]

When did you ppl start then. Cause ppl always talk about the long living alliances (specially f-crew) but it seems to me TFD has been around since r1 aswell....

Could anyone clarify this one for me plz?

[/offtopic warning]

Greets Krewl
Round 1 lasted a good 4 months or so, from roughly Feb 2000 to June 2000 or maybe even July (i think round 2 started mid July 2000 though).

I think FC and IPC both date from maybe March or even late February that year. TFD probably came a month or so later?

my memory is very hazy on this period. Not least because i didnt really start to get into the community til late April though i signed up in March... so i knew sod-all about PA :-)
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 22:25   #92
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice
Quote:
ComradeRob, Its a fairly well known opinion but its something which many dont understand due to it having taken place so early on in the game (ie round 2). Theres just not many of the people from this time still around and anyone who joined later basically just sees that theres been a ND almost since the start but dont understand the situation.

Anyone who was around in r2 will know that WaC appeared to decide to remove as much of their 'rivals' as possible. Not long after protection ended they started assualts on F-Crew and UXF (actually were probally stil XFA at that point), catching both of us on the backfoot, they then went through adding all but BT, TE and Fury to the their list of targets (both had NAPS with WaC)

F-Crew and UXF started talks about working together to help stop WaC and these got to a fairly advanced srage, so much so that we started putting feelers out to both ND and IPC about them also helping. Zeus got wind of what we were doing and decided to help take it a step further for "the good of the game". He ended up getting SK, hirr, ipc and ND (think ive missed someone here) all to agree to help. He even got Fury to agree to deal with TE to stop them providing support to WaC. However by the time the planning had taken place we ahd all taken fairly heavy damage which made substaining our strike son WaC hard even though they did show some success. One by one the alliances dissappeared. SK disbanded, hirr signed a peace agreement, IPC went into hiding, UXF disbanded (would later reappear as Virus) and ND took the decision to sort of disband. By sort of I mean most of the important people in the alliance left and they stopped being offcially an alliance but the members still hung around their channel and still aided each other but it was more of a friendship thing. Eventually someone seemed to decided that it was pointless them not being an allaince so reformed it but with a differnt HC so a slightly differnt feel.

Whilst browsing around these forums again , which I haven't done in a long time since I'm not playing anymore, I saw this thread and I 'd like to add some things about ND. (of which I'm still a member thus in other games then PA)

Wakey, U give a good explanation of the situation back then, the agreement vs wac, the zeus thing etc and also about ND u have it right, it DID disband at a certain point, more specifically between the wac war and the start of round3.

But

it didn't really go as u implied there and how most people think it went.
At a certain point a core of people in NewDawn , who wasn't very happy with some things that happened during r2, started getting together, in order to start a new movement with all the best players they could get together from past round.
This included ND members and also some friends that ND members involved in it.
The idea was to form a new alliance since the partial break up, due to a few big ego's with each their entourage, was unavoidable..
This alliance, which was supposed to have been called 'Inexorabilis' had the biggest part of the ND core members on its side. Forums were created and I remember having posted on them for quite a while meself.
It was a very ambitious and promising project but due to certain individuals , no need to smuther their name here, that plan came to an end very abruptly.
How this all happened is a very long story, which I'll save u but if u'd REALLY want it , u can always contact me on irc in #newdawn, and i'll be happy to go nostalgic for you

Anyways, to come to my point..
After those plans were scattered, a lot of members stayed online and through some lobbying a few of the core members and HC from r2 got together with Sith (the co-founder of NewDawn) and ND went into round3 with the founder still around and a great part of the actual command in r2, of which Odoric and Canker, besides Sith are the only ones I can remember at the time of writing.

A fair amount of players had stopped playing or left to other alliances, but the least one can say is that ND after it had disbanded for a few weeks , was still the original ND , with a part of its old command, the founder still around, and a nice part of the core members had gone with us into round3.
At the end of that round a new sneaky r3 HC (again no need for names heh) left with a few good members , but that didn't really make that much of a difference cause that kind of cleansed ND from certain invididuals and that opened the path for the bright future we had after that.

And when I see we are reaching our highest membercounts online ever, I can only be but proud of the people that have been in command after I left it in r7.

Lotta love out to IPC and f-crew , those two names still make a special sound in my ears Especially f-crew who, if I remember well, were one of the first friend-alliances (hello Mike ) we had in the game.
And Mike, i wouldn't call Coffee a referance at that point for ND cause imho he didn't really show his best interest in that period heh. Sith on the other hand is still with us and when he's not utterly busy studying he tends to play a lil Eve online with us

And yus, I admit, u did come first :P
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)

Last edited by Riddim; 20 Mar 2003 at 00:42.
Riddim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 00:00   #93
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I spent r7 with IPC

Quote:
Originally posted by Chax
pros
IPC are great at defending their members
-The Defence BC's work hard and succeed fairly well.
-The members willingly help eachother out.
IPC have a great community spirit
-New members are made welcome from day 1
-There's always friendly banter going on
-There are seldom harsh words
IPC are easy to play with
-No need to ask HC or BC for permission to visit the WC
-No enemies to worry about, if you're roided it's for roids, they ain't coming back again and again for weeks.
- No need to get up at ungodly hours, attacks are at reasonable times.
IPC never lost the game

cons
no chance of winning
-IPC won't win the game
Damn you Chax, you made me wanna play PA again!!
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote