User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Mar 2006, 20:47   #451
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ascendancy - winners of Round 16?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
The stats beta was completely open, no invite required. Unfortunately, it wasn't as well advertised as it should have been.
thats what i meant really, pateam didnt announce the beta so only people "in the know" could/did join it

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 20:48   #452
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
thats what i meant really, pateam didnt announce the beta so only people "in the know" could/did join it
I told everyone in the channel to get everyone they knew in
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 21:06   #453
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
I told everyone in the channel to get everyone they knew in
pateam should have made a post on main page etc as normal as well

but didnt they decide there wasnt time for an offical public beta?

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 22:12   #454
Nolez

Nolez has a little shameless behaviour in the past

not to be blunt, but whats your point here Stifler? No one's denying that these aren't the best stats we've ever seen, but they're also not the worst. Sure they could have been tweaked through betas, but are you saying that the stats needed to be tweaked further or what?

PS Not trying to sound rude, I'm just trying to understand what you're saying...
Nolez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 01:04   #455
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
I do recall quite a few 1uppers being around there though. Do I smell a lack of communication??!!!111
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 02:07   #456
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
Noone seemed to mention how shit the stats were or how shit the round was until Ascendancy won...
I never missed an opportunity to point it out.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 07:00   #457
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

I think the problem with terran armor for example was pointed out pretty early on... but was never overly emphasized.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 13:42   #458
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I was involved in beta testing.

From what I remember, Xan looked terribly overpowered in the first few iterations of the stats (nerfed them) and Cath looked the bomb. Terran looked strong but we overlooked the supremacy of the BS fleet. We were too busy fixing Xan.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 17:46   #459
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Would The round have been the same if it was a paid round?
Do ppl take more risks when its free do you think?
Free rounds are always funny.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote