User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 29 Oct 2006, 00:37   #1
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough
Clocks go back tonight! Don't forget!

Just a quick note to remind people that on the 29th of October the clocks go back 1 hour in the early morning.

This site gives accurate and detailed information on the changes affecting various parts of the world as they happen at diffrent times depending on were you are.

Hope this is useful as I know it can be confusing. The site timeanddate.com is extreemly useful for any timezone problem / query you may have

Marv

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2006, 01:35   #2
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Re: Clocks go back tonight! Don't forget!

You made a fundamental error there Marv... you said "clocks go back"

In Australia for example, the clocks go forward an hour.

Essentially the post is to remind people to check their conversion between PA Time and local time.
After 2am (BST), UK people will be on the same time as PA, whereas Western Europe will be 1 hour ahead (instead of 2)
Unread 29 Oct 2006, 01:41   #3
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Smart-arse

Unread 29 Oct 2006, 01:43   #4
Fiery
PA Team

Fiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud of

At least he didn't mention your spelling and grammar errors....
Fiery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2006, 01:44   #5
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

That's the main reason that I gave him a professional link to link to Fiery :P
(c'mon - the idea is that people understand it after all)
Unread 29 Oct 2006, 01:44   #6
A2
#planetarion

I'm just here to confuse the issue, and of course, people.
Unread 29 Oct 2006, 01:55   #7
Marv
Jazz Man

Someone on PATeam has to have a spelling difficulty. Might as well be me since Kal apears to be able to spell now and we have Zues no more

My spelling gets me by just fine. I lost no sp or gm (spelling / grammer) marks on all my essays last year on my degree so it must be ok and do.

Unread 29 Oct 2006, 02:07   #8
A2
#planetarion

Incidentally - computers seem to update themselves anyway
Unread 29 Oct 2006, 02:09   #9
Marv
Jazz Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
Incidentally - computers seem to update themselves anyway
So does my moible

Unread 29 Oct 2006, 02:09   #10
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
In Australia for example, the clocks go forward an hour.
He's not the only one making an error though mate! .

In Australia, only New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania go to Daylight Saving. Western Australia and Queensland and the Northern Territory do not (ie, 2/3 of the country )
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2006, 02:16   #11
A2
#planetarion

I was more correct than him, and thats all that matters. Not my fault that Australia can't make up its mind about such things.
Unread 29 Oct 2006, 02:47   #12
notsure
[TGV] Wots It

notsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
He's not the only one making an error though mate! .

In Australia, only New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania go to Daylight Saving. Western Australia and Queensland and the Northern Territory do not (ie, 2/3 of the country )
Ofc, Tasmania actually started Daylight Savings 4 weeks ago - but that's another matter altogether...
Unread 29 Oct 2006, 03:13   #13
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsure
Ofc, Tasmania actually started Daylight Savings 4 weeks ago - but that's another matter altogether...
I was half inclined to not include them at all, so they're fortunate to even get a mention .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2006, 03:59   #14
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
Someone on PATeam has to have a spelling difficulty. Might as well be me since Kal apears to be able to spell now and we have Zues no more

My spelling gets me by just fine. I lost no sp or gm (spelling / grammer) marks on all my essays last year on my degree so it must be ok and do.
Download Firefox 2! You'll have no excuse with the spell checker built into it!
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2006, 04:06   #15
notsure
[TGV] Wots It

notsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
I was half inclined to not include them at all, so they're fortunate to even get a mention .
lol - I don't blame you.

Although to be honest - I've always wanted to go there - but since I'm moving to Europe to next year, it may be a long time before I get the chance to do so.
Unread 30 Oct 2006, 18:17   #16
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
I'm just here to confuse the issue, and of course, people.

You suceeded
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote