User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 10 Mar 2004, 23:24   #1
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Best BC?

So who is the best BC to ever grace the fields of planetarion?

Name, alliance, and why you think he/she was the best?
(pax doesnt count, just old style pa)
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
Unread 10 Mar 2004, 23:27   #2
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Best BC?

Perhaps you should ask in AD rather than PD?
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Unread 10 Mar 2004, 23:40   #3
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Best BC?

Probably more suited to AD so i will move there.

I can only comment on BCs i have worked with/under, so:

Morden - T&P
Thunder - R6B
Newt - eXcessum

Last edited by JC; 11 Mar 2004 at 00:00.
Unread 10 Mar 2004, 23:55   #4
Rember
Womble

Rember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura about

Desse clearly
[12:17] <Gitchin> Rember your a womble!
[16:53] <SYMM> Rember your a womble! | [10:17:57] <Squidly> Rember, you're a womble
[19:28] <Filth> Rember your a womble! | [16:25] <remy|afk> Rember, you are a womble
[14:04] <Colt> Rember your a womble! | [16:22] <TVFreak> Rember U are a womble
[15:18] <Darkness> Rember U are a womble | [15:21] <Xerm|away> Rember U are a womble
[13:39:44] <illmatics> Rember your a womble
Unread 10 Mar 2004, 23:55   #5
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Hoffi, Elysium, cos he's wubbly
Unread 10 Mar 2004, 23:59   #6
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

erm, whats the point in this thread?

everyone knows its thunder.

end of discussion

why : successfully led R6B to numerous victories in speed rounds - and being the one person solely responsible for 2 (or more) galaxy's attacks + scans + everything for an entire weekend as well as sorting out the gals and politics. [remember, 1min ticks ...]

he's also kickass in normal pa bcing ofc
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 00:13   #7
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Not an entire weekend?
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 00:27   #8
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

you were obviously absent the day they taught people how to read at school ... not to mention, no doubt, a lot of other valuable assets leaving you lagging in the ol' intelligence department.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 00:56   #9
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
So who is the best BC to ever grace the fields of planetarion?

Name, alliance, and why you think he/she was the best?
(pax doesnt count, just old style pa)
too late, you should have asked a few rounds ago for that now its just the call between bad and worse but thats in all branches of the game

On a more serious note, you cant honestly exspect ppl to vote on stuff which is over a year old, some of the current players cant even measure those ppl who were once considered good or leet.
I,e, Jez rocked in r5 Blurb rocked in r6.
As much credit deserve ppl like Lockhead, Webangel, Sliekas, Jurgen, Sid, Perkeo, Singularity, Negrei, Morden, Fred, Illegal, TheUnknown, Olrik, Jez, Quicksilver, Kileman, Game, maybe myself and many many more to be named.
While i dont wanna argue the "one hit wonder" achievements of a long and hard fought speedgame or a couple of those, it cant compete with the dedication needed to actually pull off a 6 month nonstop activity like in many of the above named cases.
Furthermore DC and BC were always mixed up roles and there is no single qualifing for any of the titles since i guess the sum of it made a person more worthy for an alliance then just the strenght in one. You dont win wars from just defending and you neither do by loseing all you gained

As a final conclusion: With the current low customerbase on these boards and the fluctuation in playtime you will most likely not get a decent poll or evaluation running and will more or less refrain to examples of the last 1-2 rounds as those are remembered best and might find the support of many of the current players or you will simply get the "xy was the best he achieved nothing but atleast he was in my alliance and we were the best or?" replies.

So let the flamefest begin
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 02:25   #10
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Spinner :/

I don't have much of an opinion, since my PA experience is limited to only a few alliances.

I guess a good BC isn't just one that organises attacks throughout the entire round consistently, but also finds areas of the game that could give your side the edge, and utilise them (eg: fleet catching, using cloaked fleets to fake, cluster BGs for specific targets, that kind of stuff). That's where the real BC skill lies, in organising large amounts of people to send exactly what you want ,when you want, and making it all go to plan.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 02:33   #11
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point

I predict many "I LIKE _____ BECAUSE HE SAVED MY PLANET'S ASS BACK IN ROUND ___"

It's easy to point out bad BCs, but it's harder to differentiate someone who's good and someone who really goes beyond the call of duty to get the job done.

Since I have been BC-ing on and off for the last year or so it's hard to really judge it from a member's perspective. I'll give an honorable mention to Blanko since he cracks me up with the absolutely stupid messages he send to attackers for fun. Also I'll mention kreif (are you still playing mate) who in his trainee period decided to stay online for like 12 hours after work to BC for no apparent reason, considering that he works at an old folks home and probably was abused verbally all day by them grumpy old men
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 03:38   #12
newt
Banned

lets be honest .. any old simpleton could BC in PA (as it is now anyway). No such thing as an exceptional BC - as far as im concerned (especially since its always a 'team of BCs/DCs/etc) - but there is in speed PA: 1min ticks 12hrs a day ... takes skill (politics / scanning (news scanning for atatcks every 20mins for 20 players + scanning galaxies / etc) and doing it all on your own .... for 5weekends now i think it is and winning every time.

each weekend thunder prolly didnt even buy a ship either ... 100% dedicated BC / scanwhore. mmmmm how many of the other ""top BCs"" mentioned here would/could do that? none, since even in real PA, if u told them they'd get no personal gain whatsoever from BCing - they wouldn't do it, nevermind speed PA.

whether or not unselfishness should contribute to how good a BC is ... is another question. in my opinion it does. I hate with a passion those ****s who BC and take all the best targets and stuff. selfish twats that shudda been put down at birth. but hey, thats me.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 06:22   #13
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

if it's about attacking we're looking at here then I'd go with Preach, but since I haven't worked with everyone else that's hard to say. Scouse was actually pretty good, and axis had his moments while we're at it, certainly for sheer dedication anyway.

DCing, well that's a different story and a whole different ball game all together.....

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 07:36   #14
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt
snip
Youve not seen much of the world of planetarion with those wise words.
First of all there are alot of good bc's out there you judged completely incorrect who putted up dedication EVERY night not as a teamefford.
Most alliances if not all i was in required the bc not takeing a target in the same raid or filling it up, not having the first pick himself.
Every raid in any alliance i was in provided scans organised or done by the BC may it be the prior targetscans and the later landing scans.
Furthermore i know alot of the ppl i named atleast and know many of them played purely as scanplanets for many real rounds not just a brief weekend.
Another simple example would be the last 2 rounds, eventho Zhukov wanted to exclude them, to show how much "unselfishness" a real, forgive me the word "non weekend bc" does.
As far as Eclipse was concerened and i know fury and ldk and other alliances had it already ages ago aswell, there were bc's scanning hotspots - own top-planets and planets intel suspected to be hit, around the clock.
Eclipse had nightly about atleast 10 planets which were indeed covered every tick the planetowner was asleep and defence was organised same also went for hostile planets in the bc'ing department to know where your enemy is or better where he not is when he leaves his planet often gives you an advantage. In earlier rounds you had the (online) in Sectorscans which gave you a nice indication that sometimes a whole galaxy was asleep and therefore offguard.

Now ill refer to your 2nd point about the quality and here lies already your major mistake to believe a bc would just open a channel and say "go and take or die".
Good bc can evaluate what targets would be filled in their daily raids, how much they need, where they could do best damage with the forces available, which galaxys look easy and which indications make a targetgalaxy look good or bad on paper.Additionally they help teaming up players doing calculations beforehand to hit certain keyplanets in the galaxy to ensure success of the overall operation. All the fine semantics of "this one big planet within all those smaller ones must get usually defence otherwise he wouldnt have those roids still" you seem to miss and replace with some "he was up 12h" bollox.
An alliance usually has 2-3 active bc's and while there is usually a single one who does the major work for the whole round this means he does 50-75% of the raids every day, every night.
On an equal evening with scanning this can easily take 2-3h each night for scanning and advertising and filling raids with allies etc. This includes last minute replacements for ppl under attack who need to drop out or who dont show up aswell as it needs the efford to make more and more raids once the round ticks on and the planets grow larger 2 fleets per player attacking on 100 players = 200 targets per night need to be found and filled. And you always need to have a galaxy as a backup incase there are last minute alliancechanges, you cant fill a raid and need a backup for the players who showed interest etc etc. This will easily double or tripple the time invested each day.
While it is an achievement to beat some numpties in a 10 galaxy speedgame, without a doubt, its clearly harder to multiwave a hostile top10 galaxy of ppl who know how to crossdefend and who have enough balls to make tactical sacrifies and who have full alliancebackup. Yet with skill and not with "lets waste 1 billion ships to get 500 roids" and to ensure a decisive turn around. This clearly wouldnt be achieved by "here is a galaxy and now go and look what you do".
Not to mention the real decisions which decide how a round ends, this battle is nasty, do we pull or do we stay and is the battle calculated and estimated correctly from news and military scans ?

Newt once youve stepped out of the newbie alliances and have experienced the real pa, ill welcome your honest judgement, no matter if Thunder is your friend and if he has or has not qualified himself on various occassions there is far more competition out there then just the speedgames and wrg to Zhukovs original post you may start to read again and find out it was excluding any pax stuff in the judgement call something you failed to provide since Thunders achievements are limited atleast from your presentation to "speedgames Yay and he wasnt too bad before either".
P.S. dont mix "politics" and "scanplanet" into your evaluation since both have nothing to do with the "best bc" championship, first would be "best diplomat" and the latter would be "most dedicated player" but are not in any way related to bc'ing "Skills". Furthermore there were other Speedgames before aka "the worldcup" and "speedround 1" as i doubt you know all players there any judgement about their dedication or activity in the 24h lasting tournament aka Torben the scanplanet or Killghost or Singularity i would be very carefully with boasting about 12h achievements and scans done, simply because you cant compare and you dont know all details. And making a blunt generalisation from your posts i must personally add not even many either.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet

Last edited by Razorback; 11 Mar 2004 at 07:58.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 09:24   #15
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

I think the BC spot is highly overrated. A battle commander requires 2 main elements:

* Time
* knowledge of the stats and understanding of the strategies used

The first element, which is time, is something everyone can have. It's just a matter of howmuch you're willing to spend on it. I personally would never make a good BC nor was it ever my goal to become one.
The 2nd element is knowing the stats and knowing what strategies are used that round. That skill you create through trial and error, through experience and through other dedicated BC's of which you learn from.

Nonetheless, I've got alot of respect for BC's, any BC. But to say which one is the best BC? Don't you think you can only judge those you've worked with? I know BC's that 99% of you pple never worked with, though they can be as skilled as the big names ...
Personally the best BC's I've worked with are Morden, Webangel, Lockhead, Sick^death, Ibis, Nadar, Kaifux and a few more good BC's (eventhough not all those mentionned were PURE BC's, but did most of the work nway).

And about excluding r10? I don't see why a r10 BC should be worth less then any rounds BC. It's all about adapting to the new stats, the amount of planets etc ...

I think everyone got his different favourites and I don't think you can name 'the best BC' in Pa's history. Sure you can name some that did a great job, but the choice here will always be subjective.

nway, just my 2 cents ...

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 09:37   #16
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

r10+ didnt count because the original poster excluded it from his question / request for an evaluation otherwise sensible post maybe the break is doing you good KJ.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 10:10   #17
Waku
a simple pe0n

Waku has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Kaifux

#newdawn

Don't Trust Anyone

Proud to have served with the guys of 2:10 in PaX

We are the Elysium Support Center
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 10:21   #18
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Thunder & Lrytas
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 10:56   #19
Blazde
Elysium

Blazde is an unknown quantity at this point

Axis_WLF
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 12:10   #20
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
maybe the break is doing you good KJ.
maybe it does ...

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 11 Mar 2004, 12:50   #21
Masterplan

Masterplan is an unknown quantity at this point

from r10 hirr BC Mondo

single handedly smsing all hirr members every time def was needed.
r4: hirr
r5: hirr
starting to see a trend?
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 13:25   #22
Waku
a simple pe0n

Waku has a little shameless behaviour in the past

thats a DC

#newdawn

Don't Trust Anyone

Proud to have served with the guys of 2:10 in PaX

We are the Elysium Support Center
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 14:00   #23
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yuperderyup
I'm not only BC in speedrounds, every round of planetarion i've played I have lead a battlegroup, often with people like Kilroy and Fredtje helping. So my efforts are not only done in speedrounds. I can say for speedround that i'm a very experienced BC, who knows a lot of tricks and can abuse the "time" aspect of the game better then most people out there. For Pax speedrounds there ain't to much tricks, R9 involved a lot more tactics.

In normal planetarion my BG had some succeses, like having 2(Non Titans/LDK) top10 planets close to the end of R8(1 Finished top10). Ofcourse, the defending aspect for being top10 was much larger at the end, then the roiding aspect in the beginning. I won't say i'm best BC ever, cause there are so many out there. What I do know is that I can't stand BC's taking the first target. It's like finding a nice planet, claiming it for yourself, and then ask 9 other people to fill it up for you. YOu should do it for your members and fill it up yourself. I can give more example's but that would make this a long post.

I just enjoy doing work for a group i'm now playing with since R6, I never care about my own planet I just love to see someone's else his planet high up there. My personal gain is someone elses top10 planet, or to get credit like this in a thread like this. If i'm best or not doesn't really matter to me, but the fact that people are putting my name up here gives me the feeling that what I do ain't without a purpose, and that's what i'm doing it for.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 14:52   #24
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Axis_WLF, Maddix as BC (not as Mil HC), TiG, myself.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 14:53   #25
newt
Banned

Quote:
yada yada yada
arghhhhh, be silent you dingleberry-brained chuckling chump!!!

anyway, I was pointing out what i think separates thunder from all other top BCs ... and yes we might be decent 'mates' online now, but thats only because of speed round antics - to start with anyway.I've been in enough decent alliances (refusing to join the likes of eclipse (and dragons) cos you're a bunch of cnutheads - but if that made you elite, fair enough) to know that most BCs aren't up to it. But yeh, I'm speaking modern-ish PA; last 6rounds or so only.

you like to keep referring to the fact he's jsut a "one weekend BC" ... well, as I said above, he also BC's in PA / ********, so nearly all your points are null and void.

oh and by the way, read my signature a few times to yourself and do sumamt about your over-inflated ego before it causes you some (more) damage.

Dont censor evade dude - JC

Last edited by JC; 11 Mar 2004 at 17:35.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 15:14   #26
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
arghhhhh, be silent you dingleberry-brained chuckling chump!!!
Made me grin

Pwned, Fochteh :P
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 15:51   #27
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

I won't comment on the best BCs in pa as there are so many that I haven't worked with. The top 3 BCs in ViruS though since r3 were probably:

Namless
Adam
Zato
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 16:06   #28
TheACE
Heroes For Life

TheACE can only hope to improve

Damn, we should have had PaX here. In PaX there was only 1 man who could have this honour: Greenhills
his first round as a BC and we owned. ofc SuperMiet diserves also a lot credit becouse he kept us going. We made a perfect triad.
Heroes fought all round and also when we lost the round we still gave every morning a big hit to our enemy's.

Heroes For Life
Heroes In Vita

R 4 n00bie [ACID]
R 5 [+] Crusader / [BD] Member - [DUH] Triad with [HR] & [UV]
R 6 [BD] Member - [HyB] Alliance with [HR] / [Pack] Wolves - [FoS] Fusion of Seven
R 7 [WP] Member/Officer - [NewX] Alliances of [NoS], [Ely] and [Xan]
R 8 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9,5[WP] Officer
R 10 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 10,5 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 11 [1up] pe0n -> QUIT, back to RL
[Ð] Together we stand, Devided we Fall
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 17:12   #29
Xeno
hirr

Xeno will become famous soon enoughXeno will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waku
thats a DC
You've obviously never been a lemming

Mondo was insane during PaX. He is the best BC hirr has ever seen (I can tell for sure, as I've been a member all the way). Like someone has already pointed out in this thread, being a BC is about two things: Time (hence dedication) and knowledge (of statistics and strategies). Mondo matched these criterias by further than far, far away.

hirr used some rather unique strategies while still being a PA alliance. You all know how the rather anti-strategic lemming run works, but there has of course been more to hirr than the mandatory run. Duke Leto was a great asset when it came to strategies - Iet me give you an example of his, a strategy from back in the days - I'll simply call it the "traveltime exploit":

1. Launch a fleet holding your heaviest ships along with all your apods. This fleet will have ETA 9 to target. Make sure this launch is done late, at a point where your target normally will go offline in a few ticks.
  2. When fleet 1 is ETA 6, recall it while simultanously launching an ETA 6 fighter fleet. This second fleet must hold exactly the same number of ships as the first fleet that you just recalled.
  3. Fleet 1 will be back in base when fleet 2 is ETA3.
  4. When fleet 2 is ETA 3, recall it while simultanously launching fleet 3 - an ordinary roiding fleet that uses 8 ticks to reach the target.

The idea was to achieve the following:
  • Your first fleet was milscanned by your target, upon which he gathered appropriate defence.
  • When replacing fleet 1 with fleet 2, the only one who would notice the changes, would be your target (as his 'News' icon lit up). But by this time, your target would - if you did your job properly - be offline.
  • Your target's galmates, who were most likely asked to keep an eye on the galnews for him while he slept, wouldn't spot what was going on. To them fleet 1 and fleet 2 looked alike, as they had the exact same numbers of ships and the difference between ETA 6 and ETA 6, as you know, is none.
  • Your first fleet would thus drain alliance defence. This defence would be unavailable once you launched your real roidfleet.
...all launches and recalls were of course done 'on the tick'. Now, that's the theory. Did it work? You bet Imagine carrying out large scales attacks based on this principal. That's some serious defence draining for you.

A somewhat similar and newer tactic was available to us during PaX, although this possibly could be seen as exploiting a bug. It turned out we were allowed to 'fleet talk', meaning we could change the names of our fleets while they were airborn. You could simultanously launch two fleets (e.g. one pure FR fleet and one pure CR fleet), then later recall one of them while swapping the names of the fleets. A lazy or just careless target would thus ask his defenders to recall e.g. 'all FR-targeting defence', as it was seemingly no longer needed when referring the still incoming hostiles to his previous milscan (yeah, I still call them milscans!). What he failed to grasp, was that the FR fleet was in fact still coming, whereas the CR fleet was the one returning to base.

There's much more to the tactical achievements by hirr BCs over the years than these examples, but I won't bother you with more than this. It's kinda strange talking about it in public like this, but hey - hirr is PA history. After all my point is quite simply this: Mondo was the best BC hirr ever saw.

Xeno
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 17:19   #30
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

I said PAX doesnt count fs.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 17:31   #31
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

About a year ago we had a similair thread.................
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 17:54   #32
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno
Nice
Not all is completly new, but very nice to read! Bc's with special tricks are always nice
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 18:47   #33
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
oops i got caught on the wrong foot and now i fall back to insults[/i]
If you were like you claimed in soo many good alliances you would know better then the points you made.
If i would feel the need to reply to your lowblow attempts regarding alliances who you consider "cnutheads" i can only say everyone must carry his grudges about and i guess in the end the statistics will value whats "good" and whats "bad" nevertheless you try to derail the thread. The thread was about the best BC in rounds prior to PAX.
Your inability to read might have striked the last part why you always keep referring to Thunder who achieved in rounds 1-9.5 nothing overly outstanding to make him a clear winner of the cup.
Your reference to other games is maybe funny to read and shows your great knowledge of all the online communities just fails to bring any importance or weight in this topic as it was about the game Planetarion and nothing else.
If you wish to gloat about other achievements i recommend you to the fitting forums for it.

After proving the points that you a) missed the topic of the tread b) most your "facts" were based on information irrelevant to this thread c) you fell down to lowblows to provoke me and didnt succed makes you a perfect candidate for your own signature.
So take some of your own medication and only reply if you can actually get what the thread is about.

P.S. i love it when ppl tell us "i wouldnt join one of the best/winning alliances ever" without even considering they were maybe not even wanted by those, something which would have applied in your case. If you wanna repair your selfesteem go on but stop decepting yourself that you were wanted and refused on your own terms
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet

Last edited by Razorback; 11 Mar 2004 at 18:54.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 19:59   #34
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Stop the trolling dudes before i nice thread gets closed.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 20:18   #35
newt
Banned

Quote:
I am one hell of a boring ****

I don't know why .. but you seem to have automatically jumped to the conclusion that Thunder's only achieved stuff during PAX - speedrounds have been going on for longer than that you moron + his achievements in ordinary PA in the days before I knew him.

Also, I doubt you have any experience of speed rounds, beyond the first few possibly --> you don't know what you're talking about. So If you have something to say, shut up.

as for joining good alliances, I'll just say that had I wanted to join eclipse, I'm quite sure I could quite easily have done so. But I didnt ... wonder why? oh yeah, you're all ****heads.

anyway, not paying any more attention to this thread incase I should happen to fall into a coma reading your next post. Surely you could make your dimwitted points in more concise fashion? christ all mighty.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 20:58   #36
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Not exactly an easy question to answer.

There are so many types of BC's in the game, from those who organise raids every day to those who put in huge amounts of effort in order to see that there whole alliance attacks xx:yy to those who help organise the attacks of their particular block.

Personally I have 10-20 favourites, those being from a mixture of alliances that I have fought along side and fought against:

Focht - Never gives up, and is willing to lose tons of sleep to ensure victory or survival.
Hicks- Loud on the forums, but lethal in the game, most people didnt see how good he was.
Rambo2k- This guy has got to be one of the best people around to raise your spirits.
Cayl- Amazing bloke and very good at organising people.
Negrei- Even though he dissapeared from the game, he was very talented at organising.
Kileman- Wether its defence or attacks, he has a habbit of keeping the fight up
Blurb- Great strategical and tactical thinker, and blends those traits in with organisational genius.
Fred- Mature, decisive and very very effective.
Jurgen- He has a knack for pulling rabbits out of hats and using them to his advantage.
Singularity- Comes up with awsome strategies with the abiltity to make them work.
Sliekas- I was impressed by his abilities when fighting against him, but not as much as when fighting along side him.
WebAngel- Puts 110% in everytime, in some cases too much, but a great bloke nonethe less
Slash- Decisive and cunning, with a no nonsence attitude to boot.
Kaifux- Awsome guy, working with him was a real pleasure, very professional.
Sick^Death- Even though most didnt like his attitude, I quite liked it, he might have been a pain, but he was damned good.
Diabz- what can I say? he was a crazy a$$ mofo most of the time, and blitzing the rest of the time.

And far too many more for me to list without going even more overboard than I already have.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:03   #37
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden
Not exactly an easy question to answer.

There are so many types of BC's in the game, from those who organise raids every day to those who put in huge amounts of effort in order to see that there whole alliance attacks xx:yy to those who help organise the attacks of their particular block.

Personally I have 10-20 favourites, those being from a mixture of alliances that I have fought along side and fought against:

Focht - Never gives up, and is willing to lose tons of sleep to ensure victory or survival.
Hicks- Loud on the forums, but lethal in the game, most people didnt see how good he was.
Rambo2k- This guy has got to be one of the best people around to raise your spirits.
Cayl- Amazing bloke and very good at organising people.
Negrei- Even though he dissapeared from the game, he was very talented at organising.
Kileman- Wether its defence or attacks, he has a habbit of keeping the fight up
Blurb- Great strategical and tactical thinker, and blends those traits in with organisational genius.
Fred- Mature, decisive and very very effective.
Jurgen- He has a knack for pulling rabbits out of hats and using them to his advantage.
Singularity- Comes up with awsome strategies with the abiltity to make them work.
Sliekas- I was impressed by his abilities when fighting against him, but not as much as when fighting along side him.
WebAngel- Puts 110% in everytime, in some cases too much, but a great bloke nonethe less
Slash- Decisive and cunning, with a no nonsence attitude to boot.
Kaifux- Awsome guy, working with him was a real pleasure, very professional.
Sick^Death- Even though most didnt like his attitude, I quite liked it, he might have been a pain, but he was damned good.
Diabz- what can I say? he was a crazy a$$ mofo most of the time, and blitzing the rest of the time.

And far too many more for me to list without going even more overboard than I already have.
heh, you forgot yourself m8. And I forgot Slash on my list, still can't believe I didn't mention a great BC like him

Ohh and Morden, I think you and I are the only ones who get along with SickDeath

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:03   #38
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

I don't know why .. but you seem to have automatically jumped to the conclusion that Thunder's only achieved stuff during PAX - speedrounds have been going on for longer than that you moron + his achievements in ordinary PA in the days before I knew him.

Also, I doubt you have any experience of speed rounds, beyond the first few possibly --> you don't know what you're talking about. So If you have something to say, shut up.

as for joining good alliances, I'll just say that had I wanted to join eclipse, I'm quite sure I could quite easily have done so. But I didnt ... wonder why? oh yeah, you're all ****heads.

anyway, not paying any more attention to this thread incase I should happen to fall into a coma reading your next post. Surely you could make your dimwitted points in more concise fashion? christ all mighty.

Dont be so sure that Focht does not know much about Thunder, we kept a close watch on most of RedBull's command chaps and hot shots, So the chances are he does know what he is talking about.

Whereas you on the other hand have proven time and time again, that you havent got the foggiest idea about most of the things you talk about.

Eclipse might have a few players who make themselves look like nasty fkers on the forum, but if you have any clue at all, you would know that most of the members are the same as in any other alliance.

As for SpeedRounds, personally I would consider someone who can lead a group of people for a few hours, inferior to that of someone who can lead a group of players for weeks. but then again that is just me, I have never thought that much of speed rounds after the first few I played and got bored with.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:05   #39
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Ohh and Morden, I think you and I are the only ones who get along with SickDeath

rgds Kj

Ive been mentioned here enough to not need to have 4 ribs removed and blow my own horn ;-)
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:23   #40
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:

more petty insults yet again lacking the backbone of any facts. Infact i do have quiet some experience with "speedrounds" as i played most apart from the most recent ones and spend quiet some time in clones and betas.
Your point to prove Thunders greatness failed already when you admitted yourself you dont know much about his previous achievements something i might have an advantage in, knowing Thunder was eclipse (ouch the irony he was with the ****heads who didnt invite you to play with them) and his prior playing in Bulls (lo olrik and sastul and rudmer).
And about joining alliances like eclipse you forget one problem, there were, how did you say, *****heads like me who made the final call so im pretty sure it would have been impossible for you, since we prefer more mature players who can lead a discussion without name calling. Cant say it did us any bad in the previous rounds to not have such a "talent" in our ranks.
So i guess im right there and can sleep reassured ive not missed much.
Your immature posting is raising the question if you just play the tough boy to be a cool kid or if your intellectual level is really on such an alltime low. In the first case "clap clap" good show now its sleepytime for you bad boy and in the second case ill just feel pitty for you and hope that once you graduated from elementary school you might find professional help. hell i would even invest the 10 euros i have saved from the next pa round into a "retard kid" fund so they help you.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:57   #41
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
rgds Kj
And me Gotta love SickDeath
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 22:19   #42
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
too late, you should have asked a few rounds ago for that now its just the call between bad and worse but thats in all branches of the game

"xy was the best he achieved nothing but atleast he was in my alliance and we were the best or?" replies.

So let the flamefest begin
\o/

4S

Illuminati
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 22:21   #43
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazde
Axis_WLF

4S

Illuminati
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 23:04   #44
Velta
Amazing

Velta is an unknown quantity at this point

Spinner is an awesome BC. I remember the speed rounds he played, we were getting hammered. And he comes along with his 300k planet and is like "Ok guys, send your ships here, and there, and here, and there.......".

Wow he was amazing
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 23:58   #45
newt
Banned

Quote:
more gibberish
I'm a tad bored, so back I am. firstly, look up hypocrisy - and try to show an intellectual age above 6 next time you post; not to mention a decent grasp of the english language.

All I'll say is ... I quite agree im a little pathetic noob at this game - but others in R6B aren't, and have been a part of "amazing alliances" like your's ... and also rate thunder as one of the best 2 or 3 BCs since round 1.

mmmmmmm.

And if you're going to try and insult me ... try harder.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 23:59   #46
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden
Rofl
Eh.. I was never in RedBull command. Before R6 I never played planetarion active. So doubt they even knew my name. I was Fury R8, and lead the only Fury BG with held a top10 planet at the end. I was Eclipse R9.5, and had an Eclipse BG running. Almost every Eclipse member pm'd me about joining my group, since other grousp in Eclipse didn't do there work very good. I can't say R9.5 was my best round. But what I read from your post is that I only did stuff in speedrounds and I think you didn't even know i was Fury and Eclipse.

Still won't say that i'm best. But hate to see false info about myself on the boards. This thread was nice.. But it begins to look like a spamthread already
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 00:08   #47
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Quote:
Better post
Well. I don't think you should flame Newt for stepping up for me. He has worked with me, you never. And he didn't work with bc's you like, which he never worked with. So, it's still his opinion which I love him for.

To make your intel complete. I was only RedBull for 1 round, so not Bulls And I was eclipse r9.5 but I never worked a lot with eclipse, only booked targets, so I doubt you ever saw what I was doing. Another interesting fact was that I was to active for Eclipse. Since I was sending in sheets with who launched and where etc, but after 2 weeks mailing, Eclipse told me that my BG was the only one doing that
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 00:11   #48
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Just realized, this is the first thread since months in which I have posted and in which I am not the subject of flaming or even involved in the flaming

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Mar 2004, 00:12   #49
JC
lolly roffle

I think some of you need to realise that people are enetitled to their own opinion. Everyone will have different experiences in different alliances at different times and so have their own views on who is best, just because they dont agree with you there is no need to go insulting them and dragging a thread into a flame fest.

If i have to i will delete half of the posts in this thread tomorrow when i wake up to ensure that it doesnt get ruined and closed.

Focht, Newt, behave .
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 00:15   #50
hydridia
Stan-hyd

hydridia is an unknown quantity at this point

i think this newt guy needs to get a clue...any ways every one knows the best bc ever was whitesnake ffs :gollum:
[MACE-EVE]
[m0o]
[ATUK]

Fochts Badger
Dread's Overlord
Closed Thread