User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 May 2003, 21:28   #1
Backbone
The one and only

Backbone is an unknown quantity at this point
inactivity deletion again in r9.5?

with this free round can you add the inactivity-deletion again? I think it's only fair that for something you did not pay for you get deleted when you are inactive for over 7 days. This would get rid of all the leftover inactives from r9 and of all new players that join and then go inactive.

10 times mightier than 2001
Backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 00:18   #2
Wrath of Azure
Evil has returned

Wrath of Azure is an unknown quantity at this point
good thought, there will be a slew of ppl with old rd9 accounts who arent gonna play, plus the usual new ppl who sign up and then dont do anything.
Unread 22 May 2003, 11:22   #3
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
are there actually gonna be new accounts?

the way I read it was that only the people who currently had round 9 accounts got to play

sorry if I'm mistaken

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 12:09   #4
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by mazzelaar
are there actually gonna be new accounts?

the way I read it was that only the people who currently had round 9 accounts got to play

sorry if I'm mistaken

It will be completely free to new players/accounts aswell, they will also (ofcourse) start with full techtree and 18 roids.

Hence why people are talking about spreading the word to mates and such
Unread 22 May 2003, 12:19   #5
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by dabult
It will be completely free to new players/accounts aswell, they will also (ofcourse) start with full techtree and 18 roids.

Hence why people are talking about spreading the word to mates and such
aha

many thanks for correcting me

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 12:25   #6
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
7 days inactivity is already way too long for the start of a round but for a round with full tech trees instated it would be ridiculous. Planets that do not login during first 24 hours should get 'exile for free' status or something.

hAl
Unread 22 May 2003, 12:54   #7
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
7 days inactivity is already way too long for the start of a round but for a round with full tech trees instated it would be ridiculous. Planets that do not login during first 24 hours should get 'exile for free' status or something.

hAl
I like this better, the inactives should be exiled after not login in the first 24 hrs.
Unread 22 May 2003, 13:20   #8
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by CrazyConrad
I like this better, the inactives should be exiled after not login in the first 24 hrs.
agreed, but still after ~ 7days not login, they should get deleted!

-Lupin

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 13:21   #9
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl

hAl
we cant just exile the inactive every 24 hour. when they get exiled they get placed in another gal who will get a problem with them..

i say we delete them, or exiles them to "inactive gals". gals filled with inactives.. and if they start getting active again they can exile themself into an active gal
Eventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 14:47   #10
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Eventh
we cant just exile the inactive every 24 hour. when they get exiled they get placed in another gal who will get a problem with them..

i say we delete them, or exiles them to "inactive gals". gals filled with inactives.. and if they start getting active again they can exile themself into an active gal
Not every 24 hours !! First 24 hours. If they stay inactive for longer periods they should be deleted.

It is good to place people that get exiled by their galm8s in low cluster gals and let the people that exile themselves fill availalbe places. That way empty spots are most likely filled with at least decently active players.

hAl
Unread 22 May 2003, 15:03   #11
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
I.m.o.: delete all players that have not logged in between universe creation and tick start. Not much harm is done, since sign up is free and it will allow people to start in an active gal.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 21:29   #12
Bazza[RB]

Bazza[RB] has a spectacular aura aboutBazza[RB] has a spectacular aura aboutBazza[RB] has a spectacular aura about
Yup - I agree with Gerbie

Played every round since r2. RB/Fury/Eclipse/Kralizec/MISTU/Angels/Urwins/Jenova/VisioN/audentes/xVx/Osiris/apprime/FaNG/Ultores/p3n/Mercenaries/ZT/ND
Bazza[RB] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 00:44   #13
Backbone
The one and only

along with a reshuffle at tick start that would probably be the best solution, as all the inactives from r9 would be gone and future inactives just drop by the 7-days-rule.

Unread 23 May 2003, 01:01   #14
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[02:00] <Leshy> Spinner, will inactivity deletions be back in R9.5?
[02:00] <Leshy> People are asking about that
[02:00] <Spinner> definately
[02:00] <Spinner> Its a free round, inactives will go

There you go
Unread 23 May 2003, 02:47   #15
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
[02:00] <Leshy> Spinner, will inactivity deletions be back in R9.5?
[02:00] <Leshy> People are asking about that
[02:00] <Spinner> definately
[02:00] <Spinner> Its a free round, inactives will go

There you go
Yes, but how often? Will it be every-two-weeks-if-we-think-of-it or something more aggressive?
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 04:20   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Hopefully we'll be back to the week again...

Although I like the 24 idea someone posted.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 09:10   #17
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Why not

delete the whole Universe?? The ones of us who are gonna play r 9.5 will sign up again. This way we cannot argue on it being a paid product etc.

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 10:08   #18
Backbone
The one and only

you did not pay for r9.5 at all, it is like a free gift.

Unread 23 May 2003, 10:46   #19
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
Yes, but how often? Will it be every-two-weeks-if-we-think-of-it or something more aggressive?
I got the impression that it would be back to the same period as it was before.
Unread 23 May 2003, 14:25   #20
anomnorway
SWaRM HC

anomnorway is an unknown quantity at this point
If accounts are to be exiled or deleted if a player hasnīt logged in the first 24 hours of the game - then make sure to give all a fair notice about when R9.5 starts! I am going away this week-end and would hate to return on Monday to find my account has been deleted! :eek:
Unread 23 May 2003, 14:34   #21
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Gerbie
I.m.o.: delete all players that have not logged in between universe creation and tick start. Not much harm is done, since sign up is free and it will allow people to start in an active gal.
this sounds like the best solution.. still we need to delete inactives often then each 14 day or something, i hate inactives
Eventh is offline   Reply With Quote